Author Topic: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic  (Read 242659 times)

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
« Reply #210 on: April 17, 2019, 09:49:02 PM »
> "The toxic air doesn't leak out of portals, so there is no need to worry.  Besides the miasma is useful if you manage to learn how to use it"
>Don't say this because we know it leaks from what we saw with Mayina portal.

//Dammit ninja' d

>Can We retroactively do  this since the post literally just happened?
>Assuming both parser and Tom are okay with it of course

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #211 on: April 17, 2019, 09:50:29 PM »
//Edit

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #212 on: April 17, 2019, 09:56:47 PM »
// It doesn't leak from the main portal so don't correct it

> "Maybe you have something to sweeten the tea for him?"

> "Well we want to prove that Youkai too can solve incidents and maybe even in a better way than just beating everyone up like the current incident investigators"

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #213 on: April 17, 2019, 09:59:40 PM »

> "Well we want to prove that Youkai too can solve incidents and don't just cause them"
>Not yet.

//are you sure?

>if so could we just retroactively change it so what we were specifically referring to the main portal instead of any portal? (Again, provided both of you are fine with that)

//unrelated but Internet is absolute trash where I am right now.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2019, 10:01:20 PM by Evil_Nazgul0616 »

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #214 on: April 17, 2019, 10:01:30 PM »
//Edit

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #215 on: April 17, 2019, 10:10:08 PM »
>Don't say this because we know it leaks from what we saw with Mayina portal.

//Dammit ninja' d

>Can We retroactively do  this since the post literally just happened?
>Assuming both parser and Tom are okay with it of course

> You say 'the portal' instead of 'portals' instead.

[The site in general is being slow; inserting quotes is taking like 10 seconds]

> "Well we want to prove that Youkai too can solve incidents and maybe even in a better way than just beating everyone up like the current incident investigators"

> "That dosen't change the fact I am drinking foliage." the male snarls.

> "Undonge helped solve an incident recently." Eirin states.

> "So did I!" Cirno yells excitedly. "And that crow lady!"

> "Sure you helped solve an incident Cirno." Wriggle says.

> "It's true! I solved it because of the powers my tan gave me!"

> No-one seems to believe Cirno.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #216 on: April 17, 2019, 10:58:57 PM »
> "I'm sure you played your part"

> "Try it Mayina, perhaps the more you have the more you'll like it"

> "Come on if you finish it I'll make sure to find you my favorite food later"
> Realize what we said and what everyone associates with us
> Smile and say "Steaks I mean"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #217 on: April 18, 2019, 04:30:45 PM »
> "I'm sure you played your part"

> "Try it Mayina, perhaps the more you have the more you'll like it"

> "Come on if you finish it I'll make sure to find you my favorite food later"
> Realize what we said and what everyone associates with us
> Smile and say "Steaks I mean"

> "I beat everyone!" Cirno protests. "Even that Okina weirdo. Twice!"

> "Excuse me while I express my complete thrill at that prospect." the daemon says.

> "That... dosen't clear things up at all Rumia." Wriggle says.

> Eirin speaks up at this point.

> "Why are you wearing a seal anyway?" Eirin muses, before she continues, "It's fairly obvious to me that it's a powerful one. If it was something you willingly used to limit your power or something, you would have removed it against the Vampire if she was dangerous as it seemed. So that must mean it's involuntary and you can't remove it. But why are you sealed then? Interesting..."

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #218 on: April 18, 2019, 06:10:57 PM »
>"Honestly, that's what I want to know. I was told this seal was 'remarkably cruel' and that it has many layers. A kind goddess was able to remove a small part of it, but I want to figure out why I was sealed before I let her tamper with it some more."

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #219 on: April 18, 2019, 07:00:04 PM »
// We trust them but we should still be discreet concerning Shinki's involvement in affairs as far as everyone else is concerned she hasn't been seen for a long time and doesn't take action on almost anything
> Leave out the part of Shinki having removed a part of it.  Instead say "I want to figure out why it's there before I consider removing it"

> Add "Perhaps you could take a look at it?  I don't remember how I got it so whatever happened seems to have affected my mind"

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #220 on: April 18, 2019, 07:07:40 PM »
> Add "Perhaps you could take a look at it?"
>Let's not. We trust them, but we shouldn't let them tamper with it willy-nilly...

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #221 on: April 18, 2019, 07:11:35 PM »
// We said look, a diagnosis is what we want.  Treatment is decided after the diagnosis of the problem.  We wont ever find out anything about our seal if we dont ask and Eirin is probably the smartest in Gensokyo.  Besides Eirin shall do no harm

> Change to "Perhaps you could take a look at it?  A medical or scientific opinion of it would be nice.  I don't remember how I got it so whatever happened seems to have affected my mind"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #222 on: April 18, 2019, 08:25:59 PM »
>"Honestly, that's what I want to know. I was told this seal was 'remarkably cruel' and that it has many layers. A kind goddess was able to remove a small part of it, but I want to figure out why I was sealed before I let her tamper with it some more."

// We trust them but we should still be discreet concerning Shinki's involvement in affairs as far as everyone else is concerned she hasn't been seen for a long time and doesn't take action on almost anything
> Leave out the part of Shinki having removed a part of it.  Instead say "I want to figure out why it's there before I consider removing it"

> Add "Perhaps you could take a look at it?  I don't remember how I got it so whatever happened seems to have affected my mind"

> "Fascinating. Any such puzzle is something that I must admit; gets me enthused to solve it." Eirin says.

>Let's not. We trust them, but we shouldn't let them tamper with it willy-nilly...

// We said look, a diagnosis is what we want.  Treatment is decided after the diagnosis of the problem.  We wont ever find out anything about our seal if we dont ask and Eirin is probably the smartest in Gensokyo.  Besides Eirin shall do no harm

> Change to "Perhaps you could take a look at it?  A medical or scientific opinion of it would be nice.  I don't remember how I got it so whatever happened seems to have affected my mind"

> The offer of a medical or scientific option causes Eirin's eyes to light up; and she quickly finishes her tea and walks over to you, looking at the seal and moving the hair blocking the view out of the way. She also notes she seems unable to touch the ribbon. She then leaves the room for a few moments; and returns with a small box of various equipment.

> "Would you mind me running a few tests to help figure out about it? Very simple things. From what I can tell the seal is integrated into your body in some form, I could spot strands of it merged with the hair it was wrapped around."

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #223 on: April 18, 2019, 08:29:33 PM »
//at work until 10 and I would rather not miss this part. Would you guys mind waiting for me? I'll try to post on breaks so you're not waiting forever.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #224 on: April 18, 2019, 08:37:18 PM »
> "Sure as long as you don't try removing it since it's integrated into my body and removing it improperly or too fast will harm me"

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #225 on: April 18, 2019, 10:19:33 PM »
//on break for 15 minutes.

>"These tests won't cause any chain reactions that would cause the seal to fail, right? As I said I would rather find out why it's there before I consider having it removed..."

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #226 on: April 20, 2019, 04:01:25 PM »
[Had no internet last night; and it's being intermittent at best today. Given it's a bank holiday weekend to boot; don't expect much til Monday depending on internet status]

> "Sure as long as you don't try removing it since it's integrated into my body and removing it improperly or too fast will harm me"

//on break for 15 minutes.

>"These tests won't cause any chain reactions that would cause the seal to fail, right? As I said I would rather find out why it's there before I consider having it removed..."

> "The tests aren't to remove it; they're for knowledge." Eirin says, as she pulls a small syringe from the box. "I'll need a blood sample first."

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #227 on: April 20, 2019, 06:09:38 PM »
> Then let's proceed

> We haven't ever had blood samples drawn right?
> If so ask how it's done and follow her instructions

Branneg Xy

• ^UP http://www.miyasuke.net/flash/yuyugohan.html ^
    • (FREE) LINKEDIN PROFILE
HAPPY HOLIEST EASTER! Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
« Reply #228 on: April 20, 2019, 11:00:49 PM »
// If this could result in imprudence please remove parts as seem fit,thanks (Happy Holiest EASTER !   ;)  :) ) //

> Add : " Oh-oh,Another interesting fact to help up this study  : after confirming it a sealing amulet,it has been found out to not be weaved in one piece as seeming but it is in fact made up of countless different layers seamlessly intertwined with each other eventually needing an ultra-precise unsealing one by one ! "

> " Truly a fancy and stubborn little thing,uh ! "
^^^^ http://www.miyasuke.net/flash/yuyugohan.html  " 西行寺幽々子の強奪!!隣の晩御飯 " ->>>
" Yuyuko Saigyouji 's "Uslurpation" !! Dinner is Next ".
( Possibilities of ENGrish ) ^^^^ .

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #229 on: April 21, 2019, 01:14:56 AM »
> Add "Its likely the most complicated seal in existence"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #230 on: April 22, 2019, 11:56:38 AM »
> Then let's proceed

> We haven't ever had blood samples drawn right?
> If so ask how it's done and follow her instructions

> No

> Eirin explains she will draw some blood from a vein, and tells you to hold your arm out flat.

// If this could result in imprudence please remove parts as seem fit,thanks (Happy Holiest EASTER !   ;)  :) ) //

> Add : " Oh-oh,Another interesting fact to help up this study  : after confirming it a sealing amulet,it has been found out to not be weaved in one piece as seeming but it is in fact made up of countless different layers seamlessly intertwined with each other eventually needing an ultra-precise unsealing one by one ! "

> " Truly a fancy and stubborn little thing,uh ! "

> Add "Its likely the most complicated seal in existence"

> "Seals are not my area of expertise, but perhaps we can find out something regarding it." Eirin remarks.

> The woman pricks into your arm with the syringe, and draws a small amount of blood into it. It stings a little.

> She then empties this into a glass tube filled with some sort of clear liquid. At first, the blood just behaves normally, then suddenly, it starts to  turn black and smoky.

> "Fascinating, separated from the seal itself, the seal can be broken down, and it seems it undoes the effects of the seal upon the extracted blood." Eirin says, looking at the wispy black strands. "It almost looks like it's changed into a gas rather than a liquid..."

> She holds it up into the light, and the darkness vanishes.

> Eirin smirks. "Youkai of Darkness indeed. I'd go so far as to say, at least in terms of your blood, you are darkness."

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #231 on: April 22, 2019, 01:07:10 PM »
> "Interesting, if you move it away from the light does the liquid darkness come back?"

> "Does my darkness rather absorb light or emit darkness?"

> "So you're saying that I'm the embodiment of darkness?"

> "Have you seen similar effects in other Youkai before?"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #232 on: April 22, 2019, 05:47:37 PM »
> "Interesting, if you move it away from the light does the liquid darkness come back?"

> "Does my darkness rather absorb light or emit darkness?"

> "So you're saying that I'm the embodiment of darkness?"

> "Have you seen similar effects in other Youkai before?"

> Eirin moves it away from the direct light; and nothing happens.

> "Darkness is a lack of light. The color black is just a material which absorbs any light that hits it. It's best to say both, really. You emit something that absorbs light. Creating darkness and absorbing light are the same thing."

> "I'm saying the term 'Darkness Youkai' is as literal as 'Firefly Youkai' or 'Night-Sparrow Youkai'." Eirin remarks; indicating to Wriggle and Mystia. "Although I've never seen a youkai made of something intangible. Of course; it could just be you, for lack of a better term, have darkness as your blood, what fuels you. It's a little hard to tell from a single sample that vaporized."

> At this point Mayina makes a grunt, before he speaks. "Sounds kinda like something Makai Mages are pretty fond of creating. Elementals. Except I've never seen or heard of one created from Darkness. It's usually Fire, Ice, Water, Air, Earth and so on. They're also usually mindless golems."

> "Why don't you take a bigger sample?" Kaguya asks. "See what happens when more is separated from the seal."

> Eirin looks at Kaguya, slightly surprised. "Princess, I do not just go around asking people to..."

> "I can stop her feeling any ill effects with my powers, and we both know you have enough medical experience to re-attach a finger or something. You said it's hard to come to a conclusion just by looking at blood alone, so why not flesh and bone?"

> Eirin sighs. "The Princess' immortality has made her rather...uncaring about the risks involved in such an action. I apologize for her rudeness."

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #233 on: April 22, 2019, 05:54:32 PM »
>"It's fine. Though I'd rather keep my limbs attached to me if possible."

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #234 on: April 22, 2019, 06:10:11 PM »
> Look at Mayina "Is an Elemental out of darkness beyond mage's capabilities?  Can it be that darkness isn't an element but rather an absence of all elements?"

> "But then again I'm Youkai so things most likely are different considering not much is known about how Youkai come to be"

> "Would my blood be harmful or lethal if it were inside someone else?"

> "Eirin you can have some more if you have more tests to run.  Maybe you can find a way to replicate or grow the blood so you have more to work with"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #235 on: April 22, 2019, 07:00:54 PM »
>"It's fine. Though I'd rather keep my limbs attached to me if possible."

> "I'm sure only a finger would suffice. Perhaps half!" Kaguya says cheerfully.

> Look at Mayina "Is an Elemental out of darkness beyond mage's capabilities?  Can it be that darkness isn't an element but rather an absence of all elements?"

> "But then again I'm Youkai so things most likely are different considering not much is known about how Youkai come to be"

> "Would my blood be harmful or lethal if it were inside someone else?"

> "Eirin you can have some more if you have more tests to run.  Maybe you can find a way to replicate or grow the blood so you have more to work with"

> "Darkness is not an element. Darkness... is darkness." he says flatly. "It's also something Makai actually dosen't have much of. The Maisma itself illuminates most places in it's dull red. Complete darkness dosen't truly exist in Makai. Even places like Hokkai, the prison of Makai, are illuminated by the ambient magic."

> "Well; most youkai come from things that have lived beyond their time. That umbrella, for example, was probobly a lifeless umbrella far longer than most would have survived. The insect and bird lived longer. The rabbits of the Bamboo Forest. Even Human Magicians have usually exceeded their natural lifespans in some form." Eirin says. "I'd be willing to wager the origin of groups such as the Tengu was a long-lived Crow or Wolf. But darkness doesn't really age, does it?"

> "A transfusion of the wrong blood into someone else is highly harmful; it's why I told you to get specific vials when I was treating Miss Izayoi." Eirin replies. "It would be harmful if I were to perform a transfusion between the Sparrow and the Firefly."

> "Taking too much at once can be dangerous, besides, I would need to set up special conditions to test without exposing it to light once the seal wears off." Eirin remarks.

> Kaguya smiles slyly. "Eirin, you stated darkness dosen't age, correct?"

> "Yes Princess... wait... you're not thinking... that's too reckless." Eirin says with increasing duress.

> "If darkness dosen't age, I may be able to test if the magic of the seal does age. See which lasts longer." Kaguya muses.

> "Absolutely not! We haven't confirmed at all yet if that's a safe course of action." Eirin replies; her voice actually raised somewhat, as if she is scolding Kaguya.

> Kaguya slinks down a little, and remarks "Sorry, I thought it would be helpful..."

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #236 on: April 22, 2019, 07:09:27 PM »
>"Yeah, and I still don't know why this was put on me in the first place..."

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #237 on: April 22, 2019, 07:29:17 PM »
> "Wait if darkness doesn't age does that mean I'll live a really long time even for a Youkai?"

> Look at Mayina "Isn't there darkness in everything though?  Like inside the floor where the light fails to penetrate?  Or inside any object for that matter"  // The Rumia theory of relativity

> "Would my blood be more harmful than someone else's though?  Like could it kill a vampire if they fed on me?  Or someone else if they ingested it"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #238 on: April 22, 2019, 07:47:26 PM »
> "Wait if darkness doesn't age does that mean I'll live a really long time even for a Youkai?"

> Look at Mayina "Isn't there darkness in everything though?  Like inside the floor where the light fails to penetrate?  Or inside any object for that matter"  // The Rumia theory of relativity

> "Would my blood be more harmful than someone else's though?  Like could it kill a vampire if they fed on me?  Or someone else if they ingested it"

> "It depends if it's simply a case of you having darkness for blood or if you are darkness." Eirin states.

> Mayina looks annoyed. "That's not a place someone can go; inside a floor tile."

> "I wouldn't know. It... probobly isn't, if it's really just darkness. I'd need to run tests to see if it's poisonous or something. But one thing I severely doubt is that darkness could harm a Vampire." Eirin says.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #239 on: April 22, 2019, 08:15:16 PM »
> Look at Mayina and Eirin "We can't go inside a floor tile and neither can light, so it *has* to be dark inside"

> "Another thing I wanted to ask about is how does my night vision see through the pitch black darkness I create?  Like Mayina was encased in ice a while ago and when I made it pitch black around me the ice became near transparent and everything else turned to different shades of purple"

> "I'm also trying to find out if it's different from the night vision of other Youkai considering I'm more related to darkness and night"

> Make it pitch black around us and describe what we see, noting things that become invisible and especially previously invisible things that become visible