~Hakurei Shrine~ > Rika and Nitori's Garage Experiments

RaNGE Contest #20: New Stars of Four Seasons (deadline extended to Apr. 28)

(1/12) > >>

Trickysticks:
It?s been a while since the last RaNGE contest, so I think it?s about time for contest #20. 20 contests in 10 years, woo!

In many places winter is ending and spring is beginning. Shifting seasons are normal.

In Gensokyo, though, life is anything but normal. Residents find themselves able to harness the power of the seasons once more, just like in Hidden Star in Four Seasons, but this time the seasons are really going haywire. Everywhere, all the time, the season changes within minutes! When the season changes, one?s abilities also change.

The theme of this contest is to make a boss fight where the chosen character?s danmaku is influenced by the constantly-changing seasons. Just like in Okina's boss fight, your character will cycle through the four seasons.

RULES
* All scripts will have a minimum of 8 patterns, with each nonspell or spell being one pattern. This minimum is designed to accommodate one nonspell and one spell for each season.
* All scripts will have a maximum of 17 patterns. This maximum is designed to accommodate someone who makes two nonspells and two spells for each season, plus a grand finale.
* Multiple difficulties are allowed. Judges are not obligated to play all difficulties and will likely pick one that matches their skill level, so be sure each one is balanced!
* Midbosses and stages are optional. If a midboss is present it may have up to 3 patterns. These 3 patterns don't count towards the pattern minimum or maximum.
* Choosing Okina Matara as the boss character is not allowed. She may be present as a midboss as long as she follows the 3-pattern rule.
* Having multiple bosses present is allowed.
* Despite the usage of the word "script", entries do not need to be Danmakufu scripts. Entries can be made in any engine that you like, but keep in mind that it must at least be able to run on a Windows machine.
* Regardless of the engine you use, game errors or other bugs may lead to docked points or complete disqualification depending on the severity of the issue. Be sure to thoroughly playtest!
* Participants may work with up to one other person if they really want to. Both people will receive the same score.
* The relevant seasons are winter, spring, summer, and fall. The seasons need not be in that order. Seasonal danmaku is up to interpretation, but can be represented by playstyle differences and aesthetic changes.

RESOURCES FOR BEGINNERS TO DANMAKUFU* Danmakufu Wiki
* Helepolis' Video Tutorials
* Sparen's Written Tutorials
* Sparen's ph3 Function Reference (in case Danmakufu Wiki is dead...again)

JUDGESTrickysticks, yeashie and CrestedPeak9
Scripts will be judged with the majority of the score attributed to the quality of danmaku. Visual effects and music are nice, but they are ultimately secondary to your entry's gameplay. Since this is a themed contest, a part of your score will also be attributed to how well you follow the seasonal theme.

Post your entries in the thread when they are ready to be submitted.

DEADLINE: April 28, 23:59:59 GMT (click the link for a countdown timer!)Optional Sign-up Form Here (to gauge interest - see here for form results)Entries 2 seconds late will be accepted (we close submissions a bit after the deadline, but don?t procrastinate!)

PhantomSong:
owo I might participate for once, and with a good idea

Jikan:
If I have enough free time, I'll be submitting an entry.

Bro:
I've been slammed with real life, but it should be letting up in a week or so. I think I'll participate in this contest to get back into the flow of coding stuff, and, with how far away the deadline is, I think as long as I don't get too ambitious I will actually have an entry ready this time.

Alufe:
Hoi ~|?0?|~

It?s me :V

Me V:

I would like to make a script, too.

Uhhh, with passion this time♪

Wish us all good luck UwU

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version