Author Topic: Fate/Grand Order - Round 3  (Read 208900 times)

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• Girl from beyond the 7th Dimension
Re: Fate/Grand Order - Round 3
« Reply #270 on: June 03, 2019, 09:58:45 AM »
This game keeps pulling sneaky new materials on me. I rank up Lip's skills a couple of times and the game is like "Need more purple stuff" but I have no purple stuff and never have, how did that happen?
Assuming the item in question is the one I'm thinking of, the earliest you'll get that "purple stuff" is once you beat the Seventh Singularity; they're absolutely terrible to farm, because the only enemies that drop them are Berserkers with party-wide normal attacks.

Assuming I'm wrong, and it's the other item, those have been available since Septem, but those only drop from Chimeras, which are annoying Berserker enemies that have a tendency to buff up and subsequently obliterate you with crits.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2019, 10:02:57 AM by Ionasal kkll Solciel »
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,
So that we may always be at your side.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #271 on: June 03, 2019, 08:45:58 PM »
Is A Fox Night's Dream playable outside of events? I pulled one from the oni banner. Seems mediocre but maybe it's not.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

Kiro

• Drinks: Everything
  • Sleeps: Anywhere
« Reply #272 on: June 04, 2019, 05:03:07 AM »
Is A Fox Night's Dream playable outside of events? I pulled one from the oni banner. Seems mediocre but maybe it's not.
To answer your particular question, a Fox Night's Dream has two "ok" effects. It's not something you can easily put forth on a servant to make them shine; NP Gain UP CEs need a bit of planning and team comp organization to be useful.

In general, the best CEs are highly specialized effects rather than generalists. CEs with 2-3 effects can also be considered "the best," but looking at the current list, the effects need to be a combination of: NP Charge, Quick/Arts/Buster Up, Crit Damage Up, and NP Damage Up. People want to fire their NPs, and want to do as much damage as possible.

Kaleidoscope - 80% NP Charge
MLB Golden Sumo (upcoming in Onigashima)- 50% NP Charge, 15% attack up
MLB Holy Night Supper - 50% NP Charge, 15% Crit Up, 15% NP Dmg Up
Victor of the Moon - 10% Buster Up, 20% Crit Up

Fragments of 2030 - 8 Crit Stars per turn
MLB Black Grail - 80% NP Dmg up
Volumen Hydragyrum - Invincible 3 times, 200+ damage per card (the invincible is what matters)

Looking ahead to this year's CEs, top tier CEs will include:
MLB Dive to Blue (Summer Race) - 50% NP Charge, 10% Arts Up, 10% NP Dmg Up
MLB Aerial Drive (Halloween 3) - 50% NP Charge, 10% Buster Up, 10% NP Dmg Up

The above is kind of the mindset for categorizing the top CEs. Other CEs are definitely still usable. NP Gain CEs would fall here with upcoming CEs like:

Summer Little (Summer Race) - 25% NP Gain up, 10% NP Dmg up, 10% Crit Dmg up
Trick or Treatment (Halloween 3) - 25% NP Gain up, 15% Crit Dmg up

One other thing to consider is that the cost of CEs matter too. Getting to my point, a 5 star CE almost always has to be top tier for it to be used because it is so expensive. Fielding multiple 5 star CEs requires sacrifices in your servant rarity or other CEs so you would only consider the very best (not counting event requirements or efficiency). 3 and 4 star CEs actually get more leeway in their shortcomings because they help balance your team costs against your 5 star servants and usually the one or two 5 star CEs you can afford with them.

In the end, you make do with what you have, but as you get more 50% NP Charge CEs and Kaleidoscopes concentrated on your 3 frontline servants, the rest matter far less.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2019, 05:07:12 AM by Kiro »

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #273 on: June 04, 2019, 01:14:04 PM »
Interesting. That's very helpful, thanks. So it seems like Golden Captures the Carp is kind of mediocre overall, although I'm definitely glad to have it for now since I have absolutely nothing else comparable. And twenty stars is a lot I guess so it may have some niche uses.

I was kind of assuming team cost would eventually become negligible like it is in Puzzle and Dragons but I guess that's probably not the case, huh? Seems like the level cap is pretty low and I'm getting weirdly kind of close to it. I can usually more or less find room for what I want with Mash on the team but without her space would definitely get tight.

« Reply #274 on: June 04, 2019, 03:24:02 PM »
That's about right, yeah. Carp actually has more applications than is usual for a niche CE, but not quite great enough to make it a top-choice outside of those. Still great for general use in the place of not having any other 50% charger CEs of course.

Carp is mainly used to force enough stars to set up a beefed-up critical chain. For example with the Chaldea Combat Uniform you can swap in someone like Shakespeare who has a party-wide Buster buff, and with Carp equipped he'll bring a ton of stars along with him. Paired with a buster-crit servant like say, Lancer Arturia Alter, you can basically guarantee a round of super strong buster crits that are probably more powerful than some NPs.

Outside of that it's just decent, that's right. It's great when you want to feed stars to someone who is ready to eat them, though.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #275 on: June 05, 2019, 10:10:15 AM »
The thing about the cost cap is that it's never going to get to the point where you can field nothing but 5*s. The hard cap is currently 113 in JP, and they've got ten levels on us.
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #276 on: June 05, 2019, 12:26:18 PM »
That's pretty neat. It means that non-rare pulls aren't useless even if you have something that basically outclasses them already.

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #277 on: June 06, 2019, 10:32:56 AM »
Um...  What happens if we already have the welfare servant?

« Reply #278 on: June 06, 2019, 11:03:42 AM »
You just get extra copies that you can't do anything special with. Eventually, you'll start getting rare prisms along with the extra copies past NP5 (Santa Altera is the first I think?) but burning them will never do anything, so they are kind of just useless aside from the free RPs

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #279 on: June 07, 2019, 12:57:16 AM »
So how should I be prioritizing my approach to this event? I had a coworker sort of explain it to me earlier, he said there would be three different raids. It seems like I should be working on getting a bunch of copies of the Sumo CE to improve my damage first, is that right?

« Reply #280 on: June 07, 2019, 01:18:53 AM »
Get as many copies of Sumo as you can first, yeah. That should be a big priority I would say, it is probably overall the most useful CE in general for anyone who wants to deal consistent damage over time. (actually there is a fourth raid too, then after it is complete, it cycles back to the first three)

Once you have 5 copies of Sumo, MLB it and stick it on your main damage dealer. By the time you have 5, you'll already have have at least a few copies of the hotspring CE, which is functionally similar to the Carps from the previous event. So then you'll start equipping those as well, as soon as you get any.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #281 on: June 07, 2019, 01:46:19 AM »
Should I expect to be able to reasonably pick up Kintoki and Sumo throughout the normal course of the event, or is it going to end up being a choice between them?

Fwiw right now I can reliably deal about 50-75% damage to the second hardest boss, hopefully we'll get to the point where I can reliably kill it once I get a few more event CEs. Is the second hardest difficulty the optimal one in this event like it was last time?

« Reply #282 on: June 07, 2019, 02:14:22 AM »
For this one, the most optimal is the hardest raid, since the tiers are the same as last year (Rashoumon added a new tier for the rerun, but previously the hardest was most efficient)

But you don't have to worry too much about doing the hardest one at the start, as you gather up more CEs you'll be able to deal with the higher tier oni much more reliably and you'll have plenty of time to spare. I think you can safely get all of the important damage-point reward items too even if you don't run the one with 6M HP, you'll only just have to use more riceballs or whatever the BP refill items were.

As for Kintoki and Sumo, there should be a fairly comfortable amount of time to get all of his NP copies and ascension materials along with 5 copies of Sumo. You'll only have to pick and choose between other items in the shop afterwards.

If something IRL happens and you end up really low on play time and can't get both, prioritize Kintoki since he'll never come back, but as good as Sumo is, other CEs are fairly comparable to it.

----------

Ed: Finally mama Raikou has blessed my rolls, I'm so happy, now if only I had a most precious banana oni too then everything would be perfect
« Last Edit: June 07, 2019, 03:12:59 AM by Rei Scarlette »

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #283 on: June 07, 2019, 03:37:05 AM »
Got 100M+ on Raid #1.  My Raid #2 team:

Chloe (MLB Max lvl Sumo), Rider Kintoki (Sumo), Support Merlin, Mash (Springs), Nobu (Springs), Emiya (MLB Springs) / Plugsuit MC
Take Tamamo out first w/ Kintoki (usually nuking her with his NP), then swap him w/ Emiya. Let Chloe nuke the boss over and over again with her NP.

« Reply #284 on: June 07, 2019, 04:23:57 AM »
I'm being suuuuuuper lazy with the raids right now to be honest, right now I am sitting on 39 million. I'm trying to focus on Azur Lane's ongoing event which I actually stand to only barely complete if I put a lot of effort into it. Onigashima, I can blow out of the water later once AL's stuff clears up  :derp:

Green Oni got obliteratified by Kintoki w/ Lv100 Sumo, doing right on 4 million with no green beans (saving those for Jack on the Red Oni). Now for Blue Oni, I'm passing over the Lv100 Sumo to Euryale and she nukes him for 3.5mil with a blue bean then another 2.2mil after some buffs wore off.

Sadly I lack the appropriate materials *coughBONESBONESBONEScough* to fully ascend or skill mama Raikou, so I can't really try her out during this event. I guess I've finally found my own time to enter Bone Hell, and I thought I would be safe
« Last Edit: June 07, 2019, 05:08:00 AM by Rei Scarlette »

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #285 on: June 07, 2019, 04:42:59 AM »
Decided to throw one ticket at the Gacha?

? and landed a brand new Demiya.

I'm going to hold on to the rest for Tamamo.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #286 on: June 07, 2019, 10:03:59 AM »
Still hunting for JK Saber, still no luck; though I'd be fine with getting any of the three rate-up Servants I don't already have. (EDIT: pffft my very next ticket got me Edgemiya)

I want to use Hijikata for the raids so bad, but since I don't have a reliable way to not get him to die, he'll probably only be used for farming and maybe the CQ.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2019, 08:17:03 PM by Ionasal kkll Solciel »

Move eternally forward,

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #287 on: June 07, 2019, 09:13:29 PM »
I just saw a video with Paul Bunyan.

How do I get Paul Bunyan

« Reply #288 on: June 07, 2019, 09:41:15 PM »
Bunyan is another welfare servant, also notably the first bronze servant added to the game since launch and the only bronze welfare. (just mentioning that because it's interesting, not as a negative point - Bunyan is by all means very good to have)

Their event should be coming some time this year, if I'm reading JP's event history properly. Somewhere within a few months depending on how quickly NA puts out upcoming content.

It is a very short and very easy event, basically just doing one quest a day for five days, each giving one copy of her.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2019, 09:43:10 PM by Rei Scarlette »

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #289 on: June 07, 2019, 09:51:52 PM »
Oh wow, it was a pretty old video, I didn't realize we were that far behind. Cool!

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #290 on: June 08, 2019, 10:57:26 AM »
Bunyan is another welfare servant, also notably the first bronze servant added to the game since launch and the only bronze welfare. (just mentioning that because it's interesting, not as a negative point - Bunyan is by all means very good to have)

Their event should be coming some time this year, if I'm reading JP's event history properly. Somewhere within a few months depending on how quickly NA puts out upcoming content.

It is a very short and very easy event, basically just doing one quest a day for five days, each giving one copy of her.
It should be a part of the 2nd Anniversary Event, which should be somewhere around early August along with the mid-year guaranteed 5* gacha.

Crossed the 300M finish line.  Now I'm going to focus on the currencies.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #291 on: June 09, 2019, 05:37:06 PM »
Is it just me or is Raikou waaaay weaker than the other bosses? I couldn't beat any of the others on max difficulty but I can beat her in a few turns. Maybe my strategy is just getting better. And obviously the more optimized event CEs help a ton.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #292 on: June 10, 2019, 04:25:01 AM »
It helps that Ushi doesn't nerf one of your card types, so you're dealing 150% damage with the matching color instead of just 100%. Also, Berserker class, so everyone but Mash gets additional damage bonuses instead of maybe just your main DPS.

I still say the Arts oni is the weakest, because Tamamo's HALP makes NP gain a breeze.

EDIT: Also, completely forgot that Merlin is not the only Buster support. Shakespeare, anyone?
« Last Edit: June 10, 2019, 06:47:30 AM by Ionasal kkll Solciel »

Move eternally forward,

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #293 on: June 11, 2019, 06:24:22 AM »
Gozen the Gozenian is down and I have a new Rider Kintoki? that I have no use for since I already have him at NP5.  Should I burn him for 6 Mana Prisms (I already have 6000+), or feed him to either Demiya, Suzuka (who I landed while I was trying for Tamamo), or Passionlip?

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
« Reply #294 on: June 11, 2019, 01:02:50 PM »
Feed to Plip imo, best trash compactor is best
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #295 on: June 14, 2019, 02:43:45 AM »
I got Tamamo! Super rad, she's cute as hell. And she's supposed to be really strong/useful, isn't she?

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #296 on: June 14, 2019, 12:12:29 PM »
Tamamo is generally regarded as the Arts support. Charge drain, a powerful self-defense buff, a targeted Arts buff (that also heals), and an NP that has a party-wide NP charge, heal, and cooldown reduction; while she does need you to time her skills rather than just spam the hell out of them, a team that has a ton of Arts cards can easily make all their NPs become extremely spamable while also making the rest of their kits even more viable. Tamamo/Jeanne/Mash is basically invulnerable against anyone who can't strip buffs.

Move eternally forward,

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #297 on: June 14, 2019, 02:56:22 PM »
This game has skill cooldown effects? I didn't know that.

I don't have a ton of arts powerhouses, but I do have Euryale obvs, and of course I can run that stall version of the team because I have Mash.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #298 on: June 14, 2019, 07:26:04 PM »
There are currently only three things that give skill cooldowns as far as I remember. Tamamo's NP, the Atlas Academy Mystic Code, and a skill from a Servant NA doesn't have yet. Tamamo's is the only party-wide one; Atlas reduces cooldown by 2 instead of 1; and the third also increases crit gen and injures the target slightly.

EDIT: That was not who I was expecting to be the new 3* for LB4.
Spoiler:
MOTHERFUCKING WILLIAM TELL
Also the new 5*. Damn, Nasu trolled us again!
« Last Edit: June 15, 2019, 11:22:35 AM by Ionasal kkll Solciel »

Move eternally forward,

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #299 on: June 16, 2019, 03:29:22 PM »
So fucking thrilled for
Spoiler:
Jinako Carigiri
getting in. Nasu even
Spoiler:
remembered she's overweight
!
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"