Author Topic: Fate/Grand Order - Round 3  (Read 208391 times)

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
Re: Fate/CCCase Files Order - Round 3
« Reply #180 on: May 17, 2019, 05:42:26 AM »
Dear lord, I can't believe how many times the game made me fight Cu Alter in North America. It's what, like, six or seven times if you count the demon pillar fight? Also, the game really did him a disservice by not highlighting how cool his design is earlier. I didn't realize he was some kind of freaky xenomorph for a long time.

Edit: Goddamn, the first battle in Jerusalem kicked my ass. Massive difficulty spike and mandatory grinding, huh..?
Ahhh?  You're in the Camelot chapter...  Welcome to the first circle of Hell.

Luckily, Stheno will come in handy.  Keep an eye out for a support Euryale or immensely bulk up your own.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• Girl from beyond the 7th Dimension
« Reply #181 on: May 17, 2019, 07:59:44 AM »
Cu Alter is taking part in grand Grand Order tradition - being absolutely impossible to permanently take down.

And yes, Jerusalem is intended to be quite the difficulty spike. Enforcement Knights are the bane of everyone's existence thanks to being all of the Knight classes, and often in groups with all three Classes; unless you have a survival-focused Berserker (like an Ibaraki with maxed out Morph) and/or multiple heavy tanks (like d'Eon or Mash), you'll have trouble all the time.
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,
So that we may always be at your side.

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #182 on: May 17, 2019, 11:06:04 AM »
Personally I think Cuberts of all shapes and sizes being impossible to actually kill in F/GO is Nasu's apology to Cubert for how he was treated in F/SN. WHERE ARE YOUR "LANCER DIES LOL" MEMES NOW HUH
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #183 on: May 17, 2019, 12:53:30 PM »
Ahhh?  You're in the Camelot chapter...  Welcome to the first circle of Hell.

Luckily, Stheno will come in handy.  Keep an eye out for a support Euryale or immensely bulk up your own.

My Euryale is basically locked at level 40 thanks to needing a ton of copies of a material that's more or less inaccessible until further in the story than I'm at right now. And it doesn't seem to be part of the hunting quests with the current event. Similarly with Stheno being stuck at level 50.

Cu Alter is taking part in grand Grand Order tradition - being absolutely impossible to permanently take down.

And yes, Jerusalem is intended to be quite the difficulty spike. Enforcement Knights are the bane of everyone's existence thanks to being all of the Knight classes, and often in groups with all three Classes; unless you have a survival-focused Berserker (like an Ibaraki with maxed out Morph) and/or multiple heavy tanks (like d'Eon or Mash), you'll have trouble all the time.

Well, I definitely don't have those things.

Edit: Is every single battle in Jerusalem as hard as the first one? I've attempted it like half a dozen times and still haven't cleared it. I've gotten the big knight guy down to like 10% HP several times but I just can't finish him off.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 04:19:49 PM by commandercool »
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #184 on: May 17, 2019, 05:28:02 PM »
My Euryale is basically locked at level 40 thanks to needing a ton of copies of a material that's more or less inaccessible until further in the story than I'm at right now. And it doesn't seem to be part of the hunting quests with the current event. Similarly with Stheno being stuck at level 50.

Well, I definitely don't have those things.

Edit: Is every single battle in Jerusalem as hard as the first one? I've attempted it like half a dozen times and still haven't cleared it. I've gotten the big knight guy down to like 10% HP several times but I just can't finish him off.
Oh, no...

Things are going to get A LOT worse and real soon.  Wait 'til Arrow 5 of Chapter 4 (and you'll get a taste of him in Arrow 4).

« Reply #185 on: May 17, 2019, 06:20:46 PM »
This is the one spot where progression becomes a little bit shitty, I probably said it before but I'll say again, this is one of the few actual gripes I have with this game. Jerusalem/Camelot took a long time to be released, and it was aimed around people who have been playing for a while and have basically maxed or almost maxed their servants by that point.

Which is reasonable from a certain perspective, players had many months to do so... *for* players who have been playing from the start. For new players, it's tougher to get ascension materials because events start to expect story progress and good farming locations want story progress and basically How Do I Get These Things If I'm Not Strong Enough To Get To Where I Get These Things(TM)

By all means I love the game but good lord they don't like making it easy for new players to jump in (*without friend cheesing everything). You can't replay old events unless a rerun is happening, so new players just get shorted a boatload of materials

Good news, Camelot is the last actual spike in difficulty for a very long time - the chapter directly following it is no harder, and if you can clear Camelot, you can clear it. Same goes for everything up until the currently released content. Camelot itself is just a big spike for some reason compared to what came before it, so it is a bit of a hurdle to get through, but it should actually be quite smooth sailing from there on out. You'll be able to reach the end, participate in all events, farm materials at your own pace... but you still have to deal with Camelot.

You CAN totally cheese the singularity with a friend's Herc or Cu Alter, and it's great that that is an option for people who wanna do it, but IMO it'll never not be lame that it's basically an option forced on newer players because ascension mats are hard to get which makes it unreasonable to properly raise your own team to an appropriate level for the game's main roadblock.

--------------------

Mini-rant aside, if you get stuck anywhere, friend supports can pull you through almost anything. NPC supports don't hold up very well in Camelot so you're probably expected to mainly use friends here anyways. (though in the next singularity, NPC supports start really shining, having high NP levels or even grailed level caps)

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #186 on: May 17, 2019, 07:07:23 PM »
Yeah, Da Vinci seems stupidly underleveled/underpowered for this area. I don't know what the game is thinking in that regard. I don't want to cheese stuff with friend supports, but I apparently have to.

I've been consistently finding that I just have no damage output. It seems like only a small fraction of the cast can do the amount of burst damage the game sometimes seems to want. I only just got Medea literally today so I have a DPS caster now apparently, but most of my units seem like they're skewed toward support or survivability which is pretty bad when a lot of the game just comes down to "burst down every group of enemies within three or four turns or you lose".

The exception is Passionlip, who frankly feels overpowered next to all of my other characters. She's the best DPS I have by far, the best heal I have, and a pretty competent tank as well. Her weird bootleg Servant class is her main drawback since it's very unreliable. But I can't help but feel like this would be a lot easier if all of my characters were as minmaxed and versatile as her.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #187 on: May 17, 2019, 11:05:48 PM »
Contemplate bringing along Euryale, even though she's underleveled, and attach the best "Start with x% NP Charge" you have. Against Male enemies like the Enforcement Knights, there's almost nothing that surpasses her insane damage on NP. Stheno also gets a bit of a chance to shine thanks to Charm-locking and potential for insta-killing the Knights.
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #188 on: May 18, 2019, 01:17:46 AM »
Yeah, underleveled Euryale was definitely key to my beating Cooch Alter all those times. She seems... much better than her rarer sister. I think I've seen Stheno's instant death work exactly once, against an enemy that was going to die anyway. Although I think I vaguely remember that Stheno's last ability that I do't have unlocked and won't forever is really good?

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #189 on: May 18, 2019, 01:33:12 AM »
Stheno's variant of Whim of the Goddess is an Attack buff, with additional buffs for any Divine allies (like herself, herself, or Medusa).

Smile of the Stheno is kind of bad at instant death (Shiki outshines her easily, never mind the whole "Smile can only work on Males" thing).

Move eternally forward,

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #190 on: May 20, 2019, 02:42:35 AM »
Yeah, underleveled Euryale was definitely key to my beating Cooch Alter all those times. She seems... much better than her rarer sister. I think I've seen Stheno's instant death work exactly once, against an enemy that was going to die anyway. Although I think I vaguely remember that Stheno's last ability that I do't have unlocked and won't forever is really good?
Out of curiosity? who do you have of the following: Gawain, Thomas Edison, and/or Mata Hari?

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #191 on: May 20, 2019, 03:08:18 AM »
Yes, no, and yes.

Meanwhile progress has been pretty steady in Jerusalem. The first battle was waaaay harder than anything else I've run up against so far, although Intoxicating Smoke was pretty bullshit. Enemies that can attack your whole party numerous different times a turn shouldn't be allowed to get critical hits, it makes the fight way too much of a coin flip...

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #192 on: May 20, 2019, 03:41:43 AM »
Yes, no, and yes.

Meanwhile progress has been pretty steady in Jerusalem. The first battle was waaaay harder than anything else I've run up against so far, although Intoxicating Smoke was pretty bullshit. Enemies that can attack your whole party numerous different times a turn shouldn't be allowed to get critical hits, it makes the fight way too much of a coin flip...
In that case, do you have the means to have Gawain fire off his NP on his very first turn?  If you can, yay!  Otherwise, you might want to start investing in Mata Hari to Ascension 4 and do her Strengthening Quest.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #193 on: May 20, 2019, 03:53:34 AM »
I definitely can't get Gawain active on turn one. I can't do that with anybody. How would you even go about doing that?

I'll get a Mata Hari going. I have like ten billion copies of her. Although I assume I won't be able to get her to ascension four until after I beat the entire story anyway.

« Reply #194 on: May 20, 2019, 07:46:59 AM »
I definitely can't get Gawain active on turn one. I can't do that with anybody. How would you even go about doing that?
Dragon's Meridian (available in friend point gacha) gives 50% starting NP gauge for the person equipping it when it's max limit broken, and any support Waver/Zhuge Liang gives another 50%, so that's the cheapest method to get any servant to turn 1 NP. Aside from Dragon's Meridian, a lot of event CEs outclass it and give 50% while also giving additional buffs. The upcoming Rashomon event gives Golden Captures the Carp for example, which is 50% starting gauge plus a free 20 crit stars (one time).

A non-MLB Dragon's Meridian (30%) works in the same situation if you bring Mash along too to charge 20% with her invincibility skill. Gawain also can charge his own NP gauge by 20% but it needs his third skill unlocked which is still a ways off for the moment, you need knight medals from Camelot to ascend him.

In a pinch you also can use one command seal to charge a servant's NP by 100%, since they recharge once per day and you can only hold three, may as well use one if push comes to shove otherwise it's wasted anyways.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2019, 07:49:06 AM by Rei Scarlette »

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #195 on: May 20, 2019, 08:37:14 AM »

I'll get a Mata Hari going. I have like ten billion copies of her. Although I assume I won't be able to get her to ascension four until after I beat the entire story anyway.
4th Ascension is easy for a 1* like her; literally the most annoying part is farming the Embers for it. Story progression only matters for Mash and certain characters from banners from events further than Jerusalem for you (and the second one's only because certain mats are only available past certain Singularities).

Yes, no, and yes.

Yeah, Huge Ghosts are terrible, but hey, at least it isn't a fucking Berserker. I think those Giant Boars traumatize everyone who needs Cursed Beast Gallstones.

(Also, I should probably warn you that the battle you struggled with with the one Knight? You're going up against a whole lot of them really soon.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2019, 08:43:54 AM by Ionasal kkll Solciel »

Move eternally forward,

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #196 on: May 20, 2019, 01:04:17 PM »
Looks like the upcoming event has serpent jewels and god hearts in the shop for all your Twintail Gorgon Sister needs.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #197 on: May 20, 2019, 01:13:56 PM »
Oh good, finally. I've been half-assed chipping away at the best farming location I have available for serpent jewels and I got like... one. And I spent a whole day's stamina on that demon hunt map and got one single god heart. When does the event start? I'm assuming I can actually participate in this one?

The other material I'm badly pinched on right now is phoenix feathers. Most of my characters now need them, and a ton of them, and they're stupidly rare. Nero still doesn't have access to her one good skill because it's gated behind them for some inane reason.

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #198 on: May 20, 2019, 05:10:42 PM »
Oh good, finally. I've been half-assed chipping away at the best farming location I have available for serpent jewels and I got like... one. And I spent a whole day's stamina on that demon hunt map and got one single god heart. When does the event start? I'm assuming I can actually participate in this one?

The other material I'm badly pinched on right now is phoenix feathers. Most of my characters now need them, and a ton of them, and they're stupidly rare. Nero still doesn't have access to her one good skill because it's gated behind them for some inane reason.
The Rashoman re-run starts the 22nd, and you should be able to participate in this one since you finished the America chapter.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #199 on: May 20, 2019, 07:28:20 PM »
Ah. So that's why you asked.

That's dogshit, video game. Don't do that.

Edit: Mata Hari's second ascension takes phoenix feathers. Guess I can't use her.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2019, 07:32:51 PM by commandercool »

AzyWng

• "I was a dumb American in a place where dumb Americans were less popular than the clap."
  • "So this was it. My easy retirement."
« Reply #200 on: May 20, 2019, 11:02:58 PM »
The Gamepress website on FGO states that Phoenix Feathers can be acquired from Saber, Archer, and Lancer training grounds, as well as the "Secret Route" map on the "Bountiful Sea" node in Okeanos.

Do note that the website lists the average AP per drop as being over 100 AP for all of the nodes in question, but it is still an option...

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #201 on: May 20, 2019, 11:16:27 PM »
Not only over a hundred, but way way over a hundred. Serpent Jewels are significantly better than that and they're still so miserable to farm that I basically don't have access to them. Although I haven't checked to see how many feathers Mata Hari needs total, if it's just two ever then maaaybe I can waste several days grinding them out.

For a couple of days there I thought feathers were going to be available in hunting quests but apparently there are several different materials that look extremely similar that I mistook for them.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2019, 11:18:00 PM by commandercool »

« Reply #202 on: May 20, 2019, 11:32:09 PM »
She only needs just the two feathers for ascension, unless you take her skill levels past 6, but that won't be necessary unless you want to invest highly in her and use her as one of your main units. Keeping her skills at 6 (or even way below that really) will be perfectly serviceable for just general usage

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #204 on: May 21, 2019, 05:33:57 AM »
Ah. So that's why you asked.

That's dogshit, video game. Don't do that.

Edit: Mata Hari's second ascension takes phoenix feathers. Guess I can't use her.
Actually, the reason I asked is because Skill Seal will play a vital role against the boss in the final chapter.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #205 on: May 21, 2019, 01:18:05 PM »
Actually, the reason I asked is because Skill Seal will play a vital role against the boss in the final chapter.

Wait, not against Gawain? Is there some other trick for him?

I stalled out his first form but his second form doesn't seem like it's going to go away and wants me to deal like literally a million damage in two or three turns otherwise which, I uh, definitely can't do. Is the skill seal not for stopping his shield?
« Last Edit: May 21, 2019, 01:21:33 PM by commandercool »

qMyon

• Chill - just chill
  • Keepin' it vanilla smooth
« Reply #206 on: May 21, 2019, 02:24:07 PM »
Wait, not against Gawain? Is there some other trick for him?

I stalled out his first form but his second form doesn't seem like it's going to go away and wants me to deal like literally a million damage in two or three turns otherwise which, I uh, definitely can't do. Is the skill seal not for stopping his shield?

Nope, Gawain's shield is not removable. For him, you want to exploit charm, stun and NP drain using servants like Euryale and Stheno. Euryale is especially key due to her NP doing bonus damage to males. You can hit a million on a fully leveled Euryale with the aid of buffs from a support, the right CE and mystic code buffs. Worst case, use your command seals. That's what they're for, after all.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #207 on: May 21, 2019, 05:46:57 PM »
Wait wait wait wait wait. Can Noble Phantasms miss Gawain? I tried to charm him with Stheno before and he one-shotted my entire party anyway but I assumed it must have been a fluke and I forgot to use her charm or something. But I just ran him again, hit him with my ally Euryales NP skill, and again he immediately killed me anyway. Has this always been a thing and I've just never noticed? Am I missing something and just being dumb? What's happening?

« Reply #208 on: May 21, 2019, 05:58:32 PM »
iirc sabers in general have some level of passive magic resistance trait, so debuffs (charm inc.) can miss them occasionally

noble phantasms in general cant miss but their debuffs have to pass through the same resistance checks (this works in the player's favor too for enemy debuffs)

gawain's resistance shouldn't be very high fortunately because charmlocking him to death is a popular strategy, so i think it was just a rough patch of luck

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #209 on: May 21, 2019, 09:31:48 PM »
Gawain has Magic Resistance B, which reduces debuff success by 17.5%. So attempting to use L10 Siren Song, or OC1 Eye of the Euryale only has an effective 82.5% hit chance.

Elixer of Love or Record Holder CEs can push the rate up a bit, but you'd generally want other stuff in the CE slot instead.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2019, 09:33:57 PM by Ionasal kkll Solciel »

Move eternally forward,