Author Topic: Fate/Grand Order - Round 3  (Read 208813 times)

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
Re: Fate/Grand Order - Round 3
« Reply #90 on: April 16, 2019, 10:42:58 AM »
I think later on you do get to buy Lores outside of events, though you'll have to buy them with Rare Prisms which you'll only get by burning 4* or above Servants (event reward/'welfare' Servants don't count until the rerun of the 3rd Christmas event).
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 10:49:14 AM by Leon゠Helsing »

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #91 on: April 16, 2019, 06:49:27 PM »
How do Hero Crystals work? Surely you can't eat an unlimited number of them, right? Is that what "PT" is on the character sheet? If not, what is PT?
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

« Reply #92 on: April 16, 2019, 07:16:57 PM »
Yeah, currently you can go up to +990 each for both ATK and HP. Why they stopped at 990 instead of 1000, we'll never know, so technically 10 points are wasted if you fill them up using the silver crystals which give 50 each. But once the cap is raised to 2000, they give out free +10 crystals per servant who is at 990 to make up the difference so... in the long run it doesn't matter anyway I guess?

If I'm not mistaken the cap is supposed to be raised some time this year with the Rashoumon rerun, though anything above 1000 can only be increased with the newly introduced  4 star Fou cards, which are a rarity on the same level as crystallized lores (except you need many more of them to reach +2000, so they should be reserved for your favorites).

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #93 on: April 17, 2019, 05:04:07 AM »
Another ten-summon, no rare servant still, an absolutely stupid number of rare craft essences.

-"Room Guard" 4*
-"Art of the Poisonous Snake" 4*
-"Record Holder" 4*
-"Victor of the Moon" 5*

Are any of those especially good? What's the rarity on these? It's not the same as for servants, is it?

« Reply #94 on: April 17, 2019, 05:54:59 AM »
You can view the available stuff and their individual rarities by clicking the "Summon Info" button in the corner of the banner in question, the rates for individual cards fluctuate a bit depending on the number of available cards to pull and whether or not there is a rate up for them, but the overall rates per category are pretty much always the same. We can't view the actual rates for friend point pulls, but for quartz that is:

5 Star Servant/SSR: 1%
4 Star Servant/SR: 3%
3 Star Servant/R: 40%

5 Star Craft Essence: 4%
4 Star Craft Essence: 12%
3 Star Craft Essence: 40%

So you can say, somewhat, that SR and SSR craft essences are about 4 times as common as servants of the same grade. If there's no rate up (like the always present story banner) every SSR servant for example will share an equal portion of that 1% chance. If there is a rate up, you still have exactly the same 1% chance of an SSR, but the odds are shifted massively in favor of the specific servant, so if you pull an SSR on Nero Bride's banner right now, 70% of them would have been her, and the remaining 30% (of that 1%) are split between the other SSRs.

Victor of the Moon is a good one especially since you don't have any of its competitors yet. The others are just okay, you might find use for them early on but later on you'll leave them behind in favor of other stuff you pull.

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #95 on: April 17, 2019, 10:50:10 AM »
Room Guard is excellent because it features Jinako "Best Girl" Carigiri.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #96 on: April 17, 2019, 03:41:55 PM »
Where do I get Gorgon from? She's rad! What's her relationship to Stheno 'n pals? Is she what happens when they all Voltron together or something?

Room Guard is excellent because it features Jinako "Best Girl" Carigiri.

I don't recognize her, what's she from? She is pretty cute.

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
« Reply #97 on: April 17, 2019, 05:04:54 PM »
I've never heard Gorgon described as Stheno/Euryale/Medusa "Voltronning together", but honestly that's somewhat accurate, if not an incredibly and morbidly hilarious way of putting it. I'd rather not say more because :spoilers:. Anyway, she unlocks in the Story Mode pull once you clear the seventh singularity. Sorry! :(

Jinako is from Extra CCC and is the master of Karna (who, you'll recall, was also used as Lancer of Red in Apocrypha). Her Type-Moon Wiki page is worth reading because of how much it drags her. She is perhaps notable because an anime franchise actually went out its way to make an overweight midlate-20s female actually look realistically overweight instead of just-as-rail-thin-as-everyone-else or some sort of exaggerated-for-the-sake-of-"humor" blobbish creature.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2019, 07:01:27 PM by Suwako Moriya »
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #98 on: April 19, 2019, 01:21:10 AM »
Is it better for me to save up 30 stones at a time to do 10-pulls or is doing individual pulls more or less the same?

I've never heard Gorgon described as Stheno/Euryale/Medusa "Voltronning together", but honestly that's somewhat accurate, if not an incredibly and morbidly hilarious way of putting it. I'd rather not say more because :spoilers:. Anyway, she unlocks in the Story Mode pull once you clear the seventh singularity. Sorry! :(

Ominous, but I think I catch your meaning.  :D

So the story mode banner updates as you clear chapters? Is it worth doing pulls on?

Jinako is from Extra CCC and is the master of Karna (who, you'll recall, was also used as Lancer of Red in Apocrypha). Her Type-Moon Wiki page is worth reading because of how much it drags her. She is perhaps notable because an anime franchise actually went out its way to make an overweight midlate-20s female actually look realistically overweight instead of just-as-rail-thin-as-everyone-else or some sort of exaggerated-for-the-sake-of-"humor" blobbish creature.

Aw, fun. Too bad  that game has never been translated. I hadn't even heard of it before now.

« Reply #99 on: April 19, 2019, 02:51:46 AM »
The rates are so similar that it's pretty much negligible, the only difference being that 10 rolls do have a guaranteed freebie of a 3-star servant and 4-star something. BUT that almost never comes into play, because the freebie is only handed out if all 10 rolls fail to meet those conditions, and the majority of the time you already got both before all 10 rolls are over.

It's usually said that "if you have the patience, do single rolls so you can stop early if you get what you want" instead of committing the full 30 to it. That way you can save up more resources to spend on a specific banner later on. Of course being new, you still need to round out your options in general so trying to save for a specific servant might hold you back a bit, when you're at a point where you can use literally anyone.

So the story mode banner updates as you clear chapters? Is it worth doing pulls on?

It's worth doing if you don't care much about who or what you end up getting, and you just want something. The only actual problem with it is that it is ALWAYS a "normal" banner, with no rate ups. So every single servant and craft essence follows the standard rate, you have exactly equal chances of pulling any of the 21 available SSR servants. If you wanted someone specific, it is better to try on a special banner where they have a rate up.

It does have one upside in that it's the ONLY place you can get story locked servants, unless they have a rate up banner. Story locked servants won't be available for summoning in any other banner outside of story and rate ups.

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #100 on: April 19, 2019, 02:51:14 PM »
Yup, here is a list of servants who are story-locked and which chapter unlocks them:

https://fategrandorder.fandom.com/wiki/Summoning

As you would note, Gorgon is story-locked, requiring you to have completed Babylonia for the chance to get her from the Story Gacha.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #101 on: April 19, 2019, 06:08:15 PM »
Blackbeard is morbidly hilarious. I'm not sure he would have been funny without having him talk in internet slang occasionally to really drive the point home. :D

Who knew Asterios was so hot under that mask? I might have to level him up now for use on the gorgon family theme team.

Cu Chulainn hadn't been too useful for me before now, but now that he's ranked up once and has his evade skill he's a real final member of my party to clean up if everyone else dies. Thanks for the advice on him, I definitely wouldn't have bothered to level him up on my own.

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
« Reply #102 on: April 21, 2019, 02:26:55 AM »
We gettin' Back button soon NA bois

(Note: remember that the caveat to this is that now RNG manipulation via skills is only possible with star weight manipulation skills)
« Last Edit: April 21, 2019, 02:35:56 AM by Leon゠Helsing »

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #103 on: April 21, 2019, 05:34:39 AM »
Where do I get Serpent Jewels and Claws of Chaos? I need a bunch for ascensions.

« Reply #104 on: April 21, 2019, 06:24:43 AM »
Where do I get Serpent Jewels and Claws of Chaos? I need a bunch for ascensions.

The best place for Serpent Jewels is in Babylonia, which unfortunately it still quite a ways off for you... The next best place is in Okeanos though, which is accessible to you a lot sooner. Outside of those, you're pretty much limited to friday's Caster Training Grounds (Advance level), with a pretty poopy drop rate, averaging 128 AP per drop.

Chaos Claws, sad to say, are even worse. You have no good options until America, and before that, the only other farming locations average either 350 AP per drop in wednesday's berserker training ground (advanced), or in Septem at an absolutely massive 400 AP per drop. In America it's considerably better at 90 AP/D, and Shinjuku is the best at 83 AP/D.

Edit: Here's a good droprate spreadsheet that covers JP and NA and lists the best 5 locations for pretty much everything.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_SlTjrVRTgHgfS7sRqx4CeJMqlz687HdSlYqiW-JvQA/htmlview?sle=true#
« Last Edit: April 21, 2019, 06:27:59 AM by Rei Scarlette »

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #105 on: April 21, 2019, 06:45:35 AM »
Wow, these drop rates seem really bad. So does my progress just grind to a halt from this point on every time I reach the level cap by forcing me to grind for days? That sucks.  :wat:

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
« Reply #106 on: April 21, 2019, 07:00:49 AM »
If you don't want to grind super hard for mats, events are usually your best bet since their free quests can also drop mats at a higher rate aside from the mats offered in the event shops and such. Unfortunately you might not be able to do the upcoming event since that one requires clearing all the main singularities and is a bit hard for newcomers anyway.

« Reply #107 on: April 21, 2019, 07:06:36 AM »
Unfortunately, you landed yourself with some of the more pain-in-the-butt materials to farm for, since their good nodes come late-game and also are still rare. Events usually hand them out in fair amounts, at least enough to cover your ascensions most of the time buuuuut that's one downside to this game is that you can end up in quite a pickle like this.

Sadly while skill levels are safe to ignore short-term, ascensions tend to bottleneck new players into farming if luck of the draw decides they need something not generously handed out. It's a shame, probably one of my only real complaints because so many other things are handled fairly well. But, sometimes you get the short end of the stick...

Well, event quests sometimes have far better drop rates for most materials at least, but they're limited time only.

--------------------

Edit: Although, piggybacking off of a strong Cu Alter or Heracles allows new players to circumvent most of this problem with their ability to solo most of the game up until some Epic of Remnant stuff, which lets you reach the places you need to be to farm what you need, but, that's kind of a bandaid for a bigger underlying issue and understandably some people feel it's too cheesy or lame to go that route.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2019, 07:10:07 AM by Rei Scarlette »

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #108 on: April 22, 2019, 12:30:15 AM »
Oof, yeah, I'm not sure I'll be sticking with the game if that's the case. I'll give the grind a shot and see how it goes, but so far I've spent two stamina bars on that stage in Okeanos and gotten nothing. The abysmal gacha droprate is a problem but can be worked around, but completely pointless grinding on this scale and this early in the game is very bad. What is the point of structuring the game like this? Is this supposed to make me want to spend a bunch of money to get servants that I have to grind less to use or something?

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
« Reply #109 on: April 22, 2019, 12:55:19 AM »
Believe it or not, the grind for higher-rarity Servants tend to be even worse. The intent was that each Servant is pretty much an investment when it comes to raising them so that you'd bond with them over time, it's just that the execution can leave quite a bit to be desired at times.

From what I can tell, most people play FGO more for the story and characters rather than the gameplay itself, since the gameplay can be rather slow compared to other gacha games. If you're not getting invested in either and don't find yourself enjoying the gameplay either, then yeah, I can't see you staying for long.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2019, 01:08:34 AM by Leon゠Helsing »

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #110 on: April 22, 2019, 02:03:20 AM »
Right, and I am enjoying the story and want to see more of it, I just don't appreciate having my time wasted for seemingly absolutely no reason. The gameplay is fine, it's not great but it's fine, but mindless grinding isn't gameplay or story and it looks like the game is shaping up to become way more mindless grinding than story or gameplay and I can't really imagine how that's fun for anyone. If this was much later on and was something to do between events then I wouldn't be too bothered by it, but slamming the brakes on the story at a pretty arbitrary point is a lot less forgiveable.

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
« Reply #111 on: April 22, 2019, 03:20:28 AM »
Honestly, I didn't mind the grinding as much because I started early enough that most of my grinding was done while waiting for story chapters to come out.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #112 on: April 22, 2019, 03:23:44 AM »
Heh. Yeah, I can imagine that made a difference. I'm definitely not dropping the game immediately, I'll try to power through and hopefully it won't end up being a huge issue in the long run, but it's not a great sign. If I do get bored of it then I guess I'll just pause until an event that I can participate in that has material drops rolls around and hopefully that will solve the problem, but it's an awfully stupid problem to need to solve.

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #113 on: April 22, 2019, 07:18:23 AM »
That's the rub.  It may seem daunting in the early stages.  But once the ball gets rolling, it REALLY gets rolling.

And then you reach Camelot...

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #114 on: April 22, 2019, 12:55:15 PM »
I finally pulled a rare servant. Got a 4* Nero. Pretty neat I guess. She wasn't my favorite in the story but I like her just fine. Definitely gonna level her up obviously. I didn't have a Saber at all that I was using before now so she'll be useful I'm sure.

« Reply #115 on: April 22, 2019, 02:46:35 PM »
It's around this time that I'm realizing a lot of the servants on my support list all want to use the same CEs, but with limited quantity of them it's hard to pick alternatives.

Onigashima rerun can't come soon enough. I really need a second copy of Golden Sumo.

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
« Reply #116 on: April 22, 2019, 03:36:26 PM »
I finally pulled a rare servant. Got a 4* Nero. Pretty neat I guess. She wasn't my favorite in the story but I like her just fine. Definitely gonna level her up obviously. I didn't have a Saber at all that I was using before now so she'll be useful I'm sure.
You'll definitely want to get to her interludes ASAP, her last interlude unlocks her third skill which is a triple-stacked guts.

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #117 on: April 23, 2019, 06:07:29 AM »
Get ready for the Looney Event in about 5 more hours.  Considering the length for this maintenance, we should be getting a fair bit of SQ and Gold Apples.

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
« Reply #118 on: April 23, 2019, 09:42:47 AM »
Place your bets; is the maintenance gonna be extended or not? It is a pretty big update, after all.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• Girl from beyond the 7th Dimension
« Reply #119 on: April 23, 2019, 10:07:55 AM »
Place your bets; is the maintenance gonna be extended or not? It is a pretty big update, after all.
I have no doubts it will be extended. How long the extension will be, however... I just hope we don't get the return of the revenge of "AUTHENTIC JP EXPERIENCE".

My Quartz is ready for Alter Egos and JK Fluffy Tail.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 10:16:46 AM by Ionasal kkll Solciel »
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,
So that we may always be at your side.