Author Topic: Fate/Grand Order - Round 3  (Read 208368 times)

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
Re: Fate/Grand Order - Round 3
« Reply #330 on: June 28, 2019, 10:16:22 AM »
Unless I manage to get her beforehand, my free 4* will be umu.

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #331 on: July 02, 2019, 06:02:55 AM »
Second Anniversary event inbound, starts on the 3rd @ 9pm PDT.  It will be a 9 part campaign.

* Memorial Quests confirmed.  1st Singularity will reward with a Formal Portrait CE ticket and 6th Singularity will have a (repeatable) Damage Trial Quest.
* All the Statesmen Event.

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
« Reply #332 on: July 02, 2019, 02:32:13 PM »
Okay so actually I have some planning to do. For those in the know:

* How are the GSSR groups broken down? Are the Rulers, Avengers, and Alter Egos combined into a single group? Or are they split up somehow, and/or possibly combined with other groups (such as the January one where Jeanne was grouped with Jack)?
* Is the Free 4* coming before or after the GSSR?

When and how these things works will definitely change who I aim for, since my current top priorities are Nero for the free 4* and the Saber group for the GSSR (I've since changed my mind on major Alter indifference and now would be very happy to have any female 5* Saber), but grabbing 4* Nero (or Suzuka) AND a female 5* Saber would be stupid given I already have Lizard Brave, Lancelot, and Gawain.

If I can, I'd like to brace myself now for having to choose between choosing between Medusa and Wu and choosing between Rider Russian Roulette (anyone but Medb pls) and Kiara & the Jeanne Squad (Dantes would be worst-case scenario here and even he's pretty okay if only because he's the only Avenger I'm missing). Any help would be appreciated!

EDIT: I suppose I would take 4* Nero even if GSSR came first if I end up with Arthur but that possibility is low-probability on the whole. Still, though, that's one route I have pretty solidified.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 02:35:02 PM by Suwako Moriya »
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #333 on: July 02, 2019, 05:20:44 PM »
Okay so actually I have some planning to do. For those in the know:

* How are the GSSR groups broken down? Are the Rulers, Avengers, and Alter Egos combined into a single group? Or are they split up somehow, and/or possibly combined with other groups (such as the January one where Jeanne was grouped with Jack)?
* Is the Free 4* coming before or after the GSSR?
The GSSR is a single group, no divisions this time.

The free 4* should be in late September after both of the Summer Events and Nero Fest 2019.

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #334 on: July 02, 2019, 06:13:37 PM »
Oh, so we have no control over it whatsoever? Oof. :( BlessRNG then, I suppose!
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #335 on: July 02, 2019, 09:35:48 PM »
I'm a decent way into Babylonia now and am enjoying it a lot. The "shenanigans with Gilgamesh" phase has made me laugh out loud quite a few times. It's really a bummer that this game is this fun and good this far in but the beginning is so rough. I had several friends start playing at the same time I did and they all quit almost immediately because the early game is such a hot mess.

I think the devs could really benefit from a revision pass on the early game. And maybe some new/different starter characters with guaranteed simple and universal ascension materials. Having a ridiculously niche character like Stheno or a farming machine like Tamamo Cat as starter characters is baffling, that's like having one of the available Pokemon starters being Wobuffet.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

« Reply #336 on: July 02, 2019, 10:59:47 PM »
Yeah, the whole early game experience is pretty sketchy (especially the early-game-late-joining-newcomer phase, where you have less resources from missing events) so it really is a shame.

It's so great later on, but as more and more time passes it will only become increasingly difficult to get started as a brand new player. Some kind of new player help, aside from the occasional package of quartz given to new players, would be really great to have. Because truth be told, all the quartz in the world won't help much if you're not able to properly level up your new servants.

Something pretty basic but would probably help a lot is a package of 30 or so materials matching the guaranteed SR you pull from the tutorial. So at the very least, you could fully ascend your starter? Then again it may not really solve the problem.

----------

Speaking of the upcoming GSSR, I wonder if I should go for it. I've been f2p up until now, and a guaranteed SSR sounds nice, but considering it can be literally anyone... I might be a touch salty if I blow 30 bucks on getting a dupe of one of the many SSR I already picked up. I also kind of don't want to end up with someone like Orion (I have Euryale) or Medb (grailed Kintoki) so I worry that it can quite easily end in disappointment.

Kiro

• Drinks: Everything
  • Sleeps: Anywhere
« Reply #337 on: July 03, 2019, 03:13:46 AM »
Speaking of the upcoming GSSR, I wonder if I should go for it. I've been f2p up until now, and a guaranteed SSR sounds nice, but considering it can be literally anyone... I might be a touch salty if I blow 30 bucks on getting a dupe of one of the many SSR I already picked up. I also kind of don't want to end up with someone like Orion (I have Euryale) or Medb (grailed Kintoki) so I worry that it can quite easily end in disappointment.

Assuming you can pay the $30 comfortably, it's the only true opportunity for F2P and low spending players to make headways. Gacha is ruthless with that 0.7% on a limited SSR.

If you've never gambled or spent money on loot boxes, I can understand that hesitation. However, the thing to note is that for any kind of "investment," you have to have skin in the game. You must assume some risk for a chance at a particular reward. And in FGO's gacha, the GSSR is not only the safest "investment," it's the only one.

I looked at the 51 possible SSRs and determined for myself:
14 I'd be happy with
21 I'd be okay with
8 I'd prefer not to get
8 I'd be "salty" about

It's essentially a 1/3, 1/3, 1/3 scenario for me. I am pretty ok with those odds at $30 for a game I enjoy playing. And another thing to consider is that if you happen to be one of the few lucky people to get 2 or more SSRs on this banner, having the whole gamut available to you can be quite the jackpot.

The gambling highs of happiness you can get in this game are rare and I like to chase them while being realistic about my odds. So I personally never pass up GSSRs. Knowing ahead of time what I might want to spend $100 on in the future helps temper any impulsive spending. Also, watching salty gacha videos does that too. Check out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eS4mbXdOj9U

It's in Japanese, but that's ok, salt and despair are a universally understood language. But yeah... holy fuck.

Anyways, dress CEs! I'm either picking Marie or Da Vinci.

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #338 on: July 03, 2019, 05:18:59 AM »
Of the 51 SSRs...

14 I'd be happy with (any Saber, JtR, JAlter, Gil, Merlin, Tamamo, & Cu Alter)
26 I'd be okay with
2 I'd prefer not to get (Scathach and Raikou, already have but wouldn't mind it too much to NP2 either)
9 I'd be "salty" about (Arjuna, Ishtar, Lancer Altria, Ozy, Iskandar, Illya, Waver, Shuten, & Melt)

Off to farm for more bones, three of my servants currently need a butt-ton of them for Ascension...  *sob*

« Reply #339 on: July 03, 2019, 06:59:39 AM »
re: early game experience, three or four months ago JP did actually start rewarding various materials for clearing singularities (and if you'd already done so, sent them to your present box retroactively). The bad news being that, since JP did that somewhat recently, we're probably not getting that for another year or so on NA, though they might surprise us. Like, I think the back button was something we shouldn't have yet if they were entirely sticking to the schedule, right?

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #340 on: July 03, 2019, 10:49:07 AM »
My GSSR breakdown appears to be 11 Ecstatic / 27 Happy / 11 Unhappy / 2 Pissed so I should definitely probably do this thing huh
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #341 on: July 03, 2019, 03:05:50 PM »
Calling all Edibles: Your Sword Girls Persona finally got into the Nasuverse.

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #342 on: July 03, 2019, 04:55:33 PM »
Calling all Edibles: Your Sword Girls Persona finally got into the Nasuverse.
Nana wills it.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #343 on: July 03, 2019, 06:06:53 PM »
Not sure if I want to buy an SSR yet. I guess I'll see how my disposable income looks that week, but buying quartz is usually such a horrible deal that I've never even considered it up to now and I'm definitely not against giving a game I like some money.

Looking at the list there are surprisingly more servants I don't really want than I thought. I have three right now and I would rather not get a duplicate (although I would grudgingly accept a duplicate Tamamo because she's by far my favorite of my current 5*s), and there are a decent number that I just wouldn't know what to do with. It would definitely be a gamble.

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #344 on: July 03, 2019, 06:35:56 PM »
Not to try to encourage someone to spend money on gacha, but if you have three 5*s already, then there's still a 94% chance you get someone new from this.

I think the Love/Like/Dislike/Hate exercise is worth doing to help you decide if it's worth the investment. If your splits are like mine then it's probably worth it. But if your splits are, like, 5/12/24/10, then it probably isn't worth it.

« Reply #345 on: July 03, 2019, 11:37:45 PM »
Looking at the list now, it seems like my results round out to something about 16 / 9 / 15 / 11. Rated on "awesome, good, okay, mehhhhhhhhh". Roughly 50% odds of either getting someone I really want or someone I wouldn't mind an NP upgrade for.

That's me being a little bit picky about it. If I'm being less picky, there's actually an ~82% chance of getting someone new, which sounds really good. It's just that for the particular spread of SSRs that I own, there are a number that I don't really want a dupe of, and other SSRs that I would be unhappy for because I have someone else to take their exact role.

It's just 30 bucks, and I have some money set aside for games that I really haven't been spending because I haven't bought a new game lately. 82% chance of new servant, 49-50% chance of a great result sounds fairly favorable to me.

Kiro

• Drinks: Everything
  • Sleeps: Anywhere
« Reply #346 on: July 04, 2019, 04:02:30 AM »
Bunyan event starts now. Just a thought: you can choose to not use embers on Bunyan until the anniversary's 2x chance of Super/Great Success begins, probably by Saturday evening.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #347 on: July 04, 2019, 04:42:35 AM »
More like Bunyan event starts after maintenance x(

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #348 on: July 04, 2019, 05:03:14 AM »
More like Bunyan event starts after maintenance x(
Place your bets on how long it lasts.   :derp:

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• Girl from beyond the 7th Dimension
« Reply #349 on: July 04, 2019, 12:54:35 PM »
Welp, this was a shitty time for my phone to die and for me to forget to make a transfer code.

(If you do forget your code/password, you may be able to get a new one set up through support channels, but you'll definitely need to remember a bunch of stuff like your Master ID, where to go to find your purchase history, stuff like friend codes for your friends, special Servants you might have, who you've used Grails on, and so on.)
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,
So that we may always be at your side.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #350 on: July 04, 2019, 01:27:25 PM »
I was browsing the formal portraits and noticed for the first time that Caesar is illustrated by Shimadoriru. Apparently they did the art for quite a few characters, but incidentally none of them have their eyes visible in the art I've seen most commonly of them so I didn't realize. That's rad! I own a few of their CEs and never noticed but the formal ones reeeeally have Danganronpaface.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #351 on: July 04, 2019, 03:57:27 PM »
So is there a strategy for the Gawain challenge fight other than "grab as much Euryale as you possibly can and hope for the best"?

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #352 on: July 04, 2019, 07:12:19 PM »
So is there a strategy for the Gawain challenge fight other than "grab as much Euryale as you possibly can and hope for the best"?
Gorgon Sisters Charm Lock seems to be the only strat that works w/o needing to use all your CS's or any SQ.

Altria is going to be hell...

« Reply #353 on: July 04, 2019, 07:35:32 PM »
Reminder to be double sure that you lock Bunyan as she does not start locked apparently despite being a welfare. Or else you may accidentally burn her while mass-burning other bronze servants/embers to clear inventory space.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #354 on: July 04, 2019, 08:59:10 PM »
Cruising back through the bosses that kicked my ass the first time and absolutely crushing them is kinda fun. I think I had to spend command seals to revive on almost all of them the first time and this time I beat them all on the first try.

Tamamo was invaluable for beating almost all of them, and honestly she kinda feels like easy mode. Maybe that's just because I haven't been used to using 5*s up to now, and I know she's near the top of power level for 5*s, but mine doesn't have any of her skills maxed out or her CE yet and she still feels waaaay better than my other characters. I'm kinda glad she's a support so her power takes the form of making my other characters able to do better work rather than eclipsing them directly at least. And I know encounter design changes a lot over the upcoming areas so they'll probably come down to "spam Eightfold Blessings of Amaterasu and win" way less often.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #355 on: July 05, 2019, 01:40:24 AM »
Altria is going to be hell...

God what the fuck even is this fight

I got Atalanta (100)/Tesla (81)/Guest Chloe/Emiya/Robin/Euryale to halfway through her second bar before finally kicking the bucket

Guess I'll be coming back in 3 days after my CSes refresh. Thanks Gawain!

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• Girl from beyond the 7th Dimension
« Reply #356 on: July 05, 2019, 06:29:39 AM »
So it turns out that if you have transferred before to a device, went to another device, and want to go back to the first device, you have to basically go restart the tutorial for the transfer ID to register.

Argh, I'm pretty sure now that ID I had saved was actually correct, so now I'm uber salty I lost my streak.

God what the fuck even is this fight

I got Atalanta (100)/Tesla (81)/Guest Chloe/Emiya/Robin/Euryale to halfway through her second bar before finally kicking the bucket

Guess I'll be coming back in 3 days after my CSes refresh. Thanks Gawain!
I have... concerns about your team comp.
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,
So that we may always be at your side.

« Reply #357 on: July 05, 2019, 06:45:59 AM »
Obligatory "fuck Gawain", everything was going perfectly smoothly and he was being charmlocked into oblivion until one of my Euryales ended up at 98% NP and the combat suit stun obviously failed on that one specific turn.

Even with several layers of ATK down, he still instantly killed both my Euryales and Stheno, then Nightless charged him up, and he used his NP Charge skill on the next turn and wiped my entire backline just the same.

The fact that sabers have innate magic resistance makes this go from an annoying memorial quest into an atrociously badly annoying memorial quest.

Edit: Also new nobu hype, I'm very glad she has her original form as first ascension though because the FA just doesn't do it for me. The second is also good though. Definitely going to roll for her, tier lists be damned, don't care if they are considering making a new even-lower-than-bottom tier specifically for her. I will get her anyway.

Edit 2: Gawain went down on the very next try, charmlocking successful. As far as I'm concerned he can take that Excalibur Galatine and shove it where the sun don't shine, preferably both figuratively and literally.

Salter memorial quest was a huge improvement over the last time these memorial quests came around! My boy Emiya Alter really pulled through here, his hella self-defense buff and multiple damage buffs, enemy charge down on his NP, and arts NP + two arts cards was the perfect synergy to go with Jeanne and Chloe. I was able to do it in 57 turns this time https://i.imgur.com/BSuO7Tg.png but last time around it took a whopping 117 turns https://i.imgur.com/ZWSf6Nm.png.

Euryale did not synergize very well last time, since she loses her anti-male bonus damage and charms... but she was the only other arts archer I had.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2019, 08:23:10 AM by Rei Scarlette »

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #358 on: July 05, 2019, 10:27:44 AM »
I have... concerns about your team comp.

I work with what I'm given :(

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #359 on: July 06, 2019, 12:15:59 AM »
Obligatory "fuck Gawain", everything was going perfectly smoothly and he was being charmlocked into oblivion until one of my Euryales ended up at 98% NP and the combat suit stun obviously failed on that one specific turn.

Even with several layers of ATK down, he still instantly killed both my Euryales and Stheno, then Nightless charged him up, and he used his NP Charge skill on the next turn and wiped my entire backline just the same.

The fact that sabers have innate magic resistance makes this go from an annoying memorial quest into an atrociously badly annoying memorial quest.

Edit: Also new nobu hype, I'm very glad she has her original form as first ascension though because the FA just doesn't do it for me. The second is also good though. Definitely going to roll for her, tier lists be damned, don't care if they are considering making a new even-lower-than-bottom tier specifically for her. I will get her anyway.

Edit 2: Gawain went down on the very next try, charmlocking successful. As far as I'm concerned he can take that Excalibur Galatine and shove it where the sun don't shine, preferably both figuratively and literally.

Salter memorial quest was a huge improvement over the last time these memorial quests came around! My boy Emiya Alter really pulled through here, his hella self-defense buff and multiple damage buffs, enemy charge down on his NP, and arts NP + two arts cards was the perfect synergy to go with Jeanne and Chloe. I was able to do it in 57 turns this time https://i.imgur.com/BSuO7Tg.png but last time around it took a whopping 117 turns https://i.imgur.com/ZWSf6Nm.png.

Euryale did not synergize very well last time, since she loses her anti-male bonus damage and charms... but she was the only other arts archer I had.
Was the Chloe you mentioned here a Support Chloe?

edit: nm