Author Topic: Fate/Grand Order - Round 3  (Read 208407 times)

commandercool

• alter cool
Re: Fate/Grand Order - Round 3
« Reply #300 on: June 19, 2019, 08:04:16 PM »
So fucking thrilled for
Spoiler:
Jinako Carigiri
getting in. Nasu even
Spoiler:
remembered she's overweight
!

Oh my gooooosh I just saw her design and animations. I don't know if she's the cutest servant in the game, but she's certainly the cutest servant in the game that I'm aware of.
Spoiler:
And the statue form of Ganesha is hilarious.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #301 on: June 20, 2019, 03:13:49 PM »
Okay. So. Turns out I've been playing the game wrong this whole time.

I thought Mystic Codes used up command seals. So I have never used a Mystic Code ability ever. That... explains a lot.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• Girl from beyond the 7th Dimension
« Reply #302 on: June 20, 2019, 07:43:26 PM »
PSA: The event ends on Daily Quest refresh, not the end of day refresh. Make sure you find time to go nuke the red oni when he gets killed for that precious, precious Summon Ticket.
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,
So that we may always be at your side.

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #303 on: June 21, 2019, 01:34:30 AM »
Managed to snarf all the Mana Cubes, but otherwise ignored the basket items as I failed to get any 5* Event CE.  I thoroughly ransacked the rest, though.

And with that, I think we're free of Raid Events for awhile.

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #304 on: June 21, 2019, 04:48:38 AM »
I didn't get any gold event CEs but managed to parasite various friends often enough to get the crafting items I wanted. <3
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #305 on: June 21, 2019, 07:14:25 AM »
Inaugural 10-roll for Agartha got me Assassin of Nightless City; she's no Berserker of El Dorado, but I'll take my win and continue to save for Summer Fran.
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #306 on: June 21, 2019, 07:20:41 AM »
Used a Summon Ticket and landed as Assassin of Nightless City.  New servant getto.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #307 on: June 21, 2019, 12:33:04 PM »
Did 11 pulls and got the traditional bunch of Servants I already have ten of along with two new 5* CEs. I got Another Ending and Prisma Cosmos.

Victor of the Moon is very useful so I imagine Another Ending is going to come in handy eventually, and Prisma Cosmos seems like a great fit for Tamamo.

Edit: How does star absorption work exactly? Now that I know how Mystic Codes work I want to make a Mozart so I can do a critical hit team built around Passionlip. The plan is to use an ally Merlin, and swap my other unit out for Mozart for on-demand huge Hero Creation buster chain turns.

I want another unit to pair with her who can generate a lot of stars for her consistently. She has an absorption of 97, and Mash has 99 but it feels like Mash always takes all available stars when I play them together. Does two points make that much of a difference? What's a good threshold to shoot for with the other unit so that most of the stars go to PLip?
« Last Edit: June 21, 2019, 01:08:18 PM by commandercool »

« Reply #308 on: June 21, 2019, 02:47:50 PM »
As far as servants to pair with Lip if you want Lip to get more stars on average: try a Caster, Avenger, or Berserker. Riders and Archers will generally steal more stars, so probably not them.

Pinning down *exactly* how absorption works is a little different, since it feels like each card in any given hand has its own innate modifier, but I couldn't point to any specific data to back that up.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #309 on: June 22, 2019, 01:14:12 AM »
All these people getting the new Assassin and all I got was one new 3* CE.

My luck has been absolutely atrocious in the various games I play recently. I can only hope things turn around for me soon.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #310 on: June 22, 2019, 04:18:31 AM »
I've discovered the Torturers seem extremely vulnerable to Nito's insta-kill NP.  Give her the Hydra Dagger CE and watch 'em die off en masse.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #311 on: June 22, 2019, 04:38:30 AM »
As far as servants to pair with Lip if you want Lip to get more stars on average: try a Caster, Avenger, or Berserker. Riders and Archers will generally steal more stars, so probably not them.

Pinning down *exactly* how absorption works is a little different, since it feels like each card in any given hand has its own innate modifier, but I couldn't point to any specific data to back that up.

I don't think I have a quick-based Caster or Berserker. Mysterious Heroine X Alter would fit perfectly if I had her. I figured Enkidu might work since lancers don't have a super high star weight and he sooort of does. Lip doesn't get as many stars as I'd like, but I quickly raised up an Amadeus now that I know how to use Mystic Codes so I can make a ton of stars on demand if I need them, which helps.

« Reply #312 on: June 23, 2019, 12:26:12 AM »
Every time I see a gold saber card pop up, I'm really happy about it and wondering who finally decided to come home. Did I finally manage to get Mordred?? Who could it be?

Well for the third time now I've gotten sumanai, so I guess our best dragonboi is always here for me whenever I have to deal with lancers  :V

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #313 on: June 23, 2019, 04:35:17 AM »
Okay, so what is the canon relationship between the Fate universe and the Tsukihime universe? I thought they were completely separate with a few small visual elements that cross over, but I swear I recongized Ryougi Shiki from somewhere and I finally looked it up and yeah, she's playable in Melty Blood. Is she the same character? Is this the same universe? What does the Atlas Institute uniform's "Dust of Osiris" ability tie in to? Are those easter eggs or plot points?

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #314 on: June 23, 2019, 07:46:54 AM »
Okay, so what is the canon relationship between the Fate universe and the Tsukihime universe? I thought they were completely separate with a few small visual elements that cross over, but I swear I recongized Ryougi Shiki from somewhere and I finally looked it up and yeah, she's playable in Melty Blood. Is she the same character? Is this the same universe? What does the Atlas Institute uniform's "Dust of Osiris" ability tie in to? Are those easter eggs or plot points?
It's a little... complicated.

Not helping matters is that the Fate universe itself is a Multiverse; FSN, Prisma/Illya, Apocrypha, and FGO each being a separate universe.
Next, Ryougi Shiki is from Kara no Kyoukai, an entirely separate series from TH and FSN.  (Mahoutsukai no Yoru is another.)
Official canon has each work technically exist as its own separate universe.  However, Fate-based Worlds and Tsukihime-based Worlds ultimately exist on entirely different foundations.

A more detailed explanation: https://typemoon.fandom.com/wiki/Parallel_World#Characteristics

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #315 on: June 23, 2019, 03:48:27 PM »
Yeah, I guess since Grand Order is a crossover game it isn't too much of a stretch to take characters from other related sources. Or unrelated ones for that matter, in traditional mobile game fashion. I didn't know Shiki wasn't originally from Tsukihime.

Oh yeah, I remember skimming that article at some point, because I remember its dubious claim that Fate Zero and Fate Stay Night aren't the same canon. That is the basest pedantry.  :D

Edit: I got another five-star! Jeanne. A Fate Apocrypha character is nice.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2019, 11:29:37 PM by commandercool »

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #316 on: June 24, 2019, 06:49:44 AM »
Finished Agartha.  My line-up:

Scathach, Mash, Support JAlter, Raikou, Angry ManJew, Chloe
Used the Plugsuit.

Immediately swapped JAlter and Chloe.  Whittled it down 'til Turn 10 without killing it, stunning it whenever its NP gauge was full.  Then let JAlter unleash Hell once its Guts buff was gone (though it was practically dead at that point).

Anniversary 2 is coming up, probably with a Lucky Bag Summoning.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #317 on: June 24, 2019, 10:26:15 AM »
The fact that the final enemy's NP strips Guts off really ticks me off, because of the main damage dealer I use. Still, as aggravating as this thing is, still a hundred times better than these blasted Hydras. I hate them. I hate them. I hate them hate them hate them hate them hate them hate them hate them

Move eternally forward,

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #318 on: June 24, 2019, 11:16:39 PM »
Alright, I beat Camelot! You weren't kidding about the story picking up, I really loved it. The last chunk was EZ thanks to Tamamo being kiiinda overpowered. That and the fact that my characters have at least middling skill levels right now. Nero has gone from being basically garbage to actually being able to deal damage between the significantly higher attack boost from Imperial Privilege and the huge boost from Fox's Wedding. And uh understanding how to use Mystic Codes helped a lot. I still don't have any big DPS servants really, but now I have the synergy to make what I do have work for me well enough.

Edit: Oh dang, my anniversary stones got me a Kaleidoscope and a Berserker of El Dorado!
« Last Edit: June 25, 2019, 04:21:38 AM by commandercool »

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #319 on: June 25, 2019, 09:59:45 AM »
Edit: Oh dang, my anniversary stones got me a Kaleidoscope and a Berserker of El Dorado!
Nice. Mine got me two more Assassins of the Nightless City. She must really like my hometes.

Move eternally forward,

« Reply #320 on: June 25, 2019, 09:27:15 PM »
Anni quartz here got me another black grail (third one - MLB incoming??) and Caster Gilles  :derp: I know, I'm that crazy person rolling the standard story banner, but to be fair I don't mind the lack of rate ups. I want virtually all of the story-locked SSRs but won't be rolling on every individual banner, so having them all clumped together is not a bad deal IMO

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #321 on: June 26, 2019, 05:21:17 AM »
Holding on to my stones for the Summer Re-Run.  About when should the real Anniversary festivities begin anyway?

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #322 on: June 26, 2019, 08:16:39 AM »
Holding on to my stones for the Summer Re-Run.  About when should the real Anniversary festivities begin anyway?
After the panel at Anime Expo, I believe. The Agartha banner expires then, so (according to some people on Reddit) it's a fair bet.

The upcoming GSSR banner is... oh boy. Guaranteed 5* non-Limited, but it'll pick from literally every 5* in that pool.
(If this is your first time with GSSR, you must expend Paid Saint Quartz, so minimum buy-in is paying for 1+4+25 packs; and you only have one shot.)
« Last Edit: June 26, 2019, 08:23:50 AM by Ionasal kkll Solciel »

Move eternally forward,

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #323 on: June 26, 2019, 01:01:15 PM »
Do we know when the GSSR event is? Also, is there a convenient list of everyone that'll be eligible to be pulled? (Obviously it's all the 5*s but I remember seeing a handy-dandy image someone put together that organized all their mugshots by class, and I can't find it anymore.)

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #324 on: June 26, 2019, 06:05:09 PM »
Do we know when the GSSR event is? Also, is there a convenient list of everyone that'll be eligible to be pulled? (Obviously it's all the 5*s but I remember seeing a handy-dandy image someone put together that organized all their mugshots by class, and I can't find it anymore.)
Link
Towards the bottom.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #325 on: June 26, 2019, 09:47:06 PM »
Oh shit forget the GSSR event I want those Formal Dress craft essences

Having to choose between Stheno Euryale and Atalanta though hrgh
« Last Edit: June 27, 2019, 10:00:56 PM by Kilgamayan »

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #326 on: June 27, 2019, 11:30:33 PM »
I know Google's surveillance of my lifestyle is complete any "why does ne" autofills to "why does nero say umu".

« Reply #327 on: June 28, 2019, 03:47:18 AM »
Thinking about upcoming things, I'm still feeling very uncertain about who to take with the soon-to-be Free SR Ticket.

Since I don't have any support caster yet aside from Hans, Helena is probably a good choice with her battery and all-card-boost. But I'm still lacking in basically any Saber outside sumanai and Liz, so I was thinking about grabbing Salter too... Suzuka or Saberlot might also be a good pick? Tough choices...

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #328 on: June 28, 2019, 04:01:00 AM »
I'm picking 'Stolfo for sure, unless I somehow pick him up before then. I was considering between him, Fran, and Gorgon, but I like how his set works from playing with him as a support. It's... bad, but fun bad.

If you're looking for a support caster, maybe consider investing in an Amadeus. He's extremely cheap to build and I've really been enjoying him. He's basically a two-trick pony since his only redeeming features are two of his skills, but they're incredibly powerful skills that would break the game if they were on an otherwise competent character. Protection of the Music God is a powerful party-wide Arts buff that's just about the same level as Tamamo's (although only for one turn), and Eine Kleine Nachtmusik grants fifty critical stars and guarantees party-wide crits for a turn. I've been playing him with Combat Uniform and Golden Captures the Carp and he pulls a ton of weight. Just don't expect him to do like, literally anything else. His NP is tolerable if he ever gets to it, but mostly he just wastes deck space and dies aside from his niche. But it is a great and fun niche. Especially if you're already using or pairing with a Merlin since he has great synergy with Hero Creation.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #329 on: June 28, 2019, 06:37:15 AM »
To hell with party synergy, give me cuties or give me death

At this moment in my life I'd say 60% chance Nero, 15% chance Medusa, 10% chance Fran, 10% chance Wu, 4.9% chance Suzuka, 0.1% chance Rama