Author Topic: Fate/Grand Order - Round 3  (Read 208832 times)

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
Re: Fate/Grand Order - Round 3
« Reply #120 on: April 23, 2019, 11:01:35 AM »
As expected, it's extended :V

As for my roll targets, I'd be happy enough with P-lippy. I just want a gold non-welfare Extra Class Servant, dangit.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #121 on: April 23, 2019, 12:48:02 PM »
"5. Added a "CRITICAL MISS" icon to indicate when an enemy fails to incur a critical attack due to the Critical Rate Down condition."

Words mean things, and that phrase doesn't mean that!
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
« Reply #122 on: April 23, 2019, 01:00:23 PM »
10. Adjusted certain Servants' voiced line volume.
* The affected Servant is:
 - Emiya

Damn, even thinks Nasu thinks Emiya should shut up. :(
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
« Reply #123 on: April 23, 2019, 01:40:42 PM »
We gettin' more of that real JP experience bois :V

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #124 on: April 23, 2019, 02:03:05 PM »
Damn, even thinks Nasu thinks Emiya should shut up. :(

They didn't say which way it was adjusted, maybe they made his catch phrase louder. :D

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #125 on: April 23, 2019, 02:13:40 PM »
We're back!
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
« Reply #126 on: April 23, 2019, 02:29:21 PM »
>650MB+ Data update
holy shit lol

qMyon

• Chill - just chill
  • Keepin' it vanilla smooth
« Reply #127 on: April 23, 2019, 03:02:46 PM »
Melt get. Took every last bit of quartz, but she's here. Now to grind the heck out of the event.

Enjoy the story, all. This one's going to be a doozy.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #128 on: April 23, 2019, 03:15:04 PM »
I got Passionlip with my "Oops we did the update bad" stones. I think her boobs actually may be *too big* for my taste which is uncommon. Also, who the hell is Passionlip? What's with all of these whack bootleg Servant classes?

It is becoming increasingly clear to me that my cursory understanding of the Fate franchise is very lacking. :D

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
« Reply #129 on: April 23, 2019, 04:26:07 PM »
You'll want to look up Fate/Extra CCC plot summaries for the answers.

Speaking of, I'm kinda disappointed they didn't give us an official plot summary at least.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 04:33:37 PM by Leon゠Helsing »

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #130 on: April 23, 2019, 05:51:15 PM »
Well damn. Saved up all my quartz for an attempt at an alter-ego servant and managed Passionlip in only two ten-pulls. Managed to grab two 4* event CEs and one copy of the 3* as well, so that was nice.

Now to save my quartz for the Summer event and for whenever Salem rolls around at the end of the year, so that I can try to get Abigail.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• Girl from beyond the 7th Dimension
« Reply #131 on: April 23, 2019, 09:10:19 PM »
Got Passionlip and.... Waver. Rate-up!!!!
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,
So that we may always be at your side.

yuyukos

• ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give Techies
  • ༼ つ ◕◡◕ ༽つ Techies were given.
« Reply #132 on: April 24, 2019, 12:23:14 AM »
52/510 used for NP2 Suzuka, Plip, Melt and a Waver spook.
saving can start again.
TF2Items | TF2B | Steam | Twitter
3DS FC - 2165-6416-7852

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
« Reply #133 on: April 24, 2019, 04:39:06 AM »
Welp, got the JK Fox off a ticket. Problem is, I need more seeds to fully ascend her.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #134 on: April 24, 2019, 05:29:32 AM »
You'll want to look up Fate/Extra CCC plot summaries for the answers.

Speaking of, I'm kinda disappointed they didn't give us an official plot summary at least.

Do you know of a good summary? The Wikipedia article isn't very detailed. And is it just me, or is the Type-Moon wiki horribly written by default? It seems like half of the text on it just doesn't make any sense. It's either so much unsourced jargon that I can't follow it from sentence to sentence. There has to be a more straightforward summary that doesn't involve reading an endless number of other pages of confusing unnecessary jargon.

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #135 on: April 24, 2019, 01:16:32 PM »
Do you know of a good summary? The Wikipedia article isn't very detailed. And is it just me, or is the Type-Moon wiki horribly written by default? It seems like half of the text on it just doesn't make any sense. It's either so much unsourced jargon that I can't follow it from sentence to sentence. There has to be a more straightforward summary that doesn't involve reading an endless number of other pages of confusing unnecessary jargon.
I know it's not really a summary, but ZVN over at Youtube has a complete TL'd playthrough of Gil's route (the translation comes from a blog whose name eludes me).
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLtzekLVKG1PDSNm1M5npANBcvEPfDiaIZ
It's good civilization.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #136 on: April 24, 2019, 02:23:39 PM »
I might skim over that but it is waaay long.

Here's my loose understanding of what happens based on half an hour of research. Correct me if I'm way off-base.

Spoiler:
-There's a super powerful space computer on the moon for some reason.

-The cast from Fate/Stay Night is there but I don't think it's the same continuity at all.

-Sakura Matou made an evil AI version of herself called BB, I think by accident?

-BB made a bunch of weird extra copies of herself using parts of digitized Servants for some reason. I don't know what her plan or goals are.

-Due to circumstances I don't really follow there's a bootleg grail war inside of the moon computer where all of the Masters get turned into AI. Not sure what happened to their physical bodies. Also I think there's way more Masters than usual.

-Danganronpa 2 basically happens but Monokuma is BB.

-Presumably there are multiple endings, I don't know what the canon ending is.

-Aliens are somehow involved, possibly several different kinds of them.

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #137 on: April 24, 2019, 02:26:49 PM »
That's probably reasonably correct, if for no other reason than because :nasu:

Re: Fate/CCCrand Order - Round 3
« Reply #138 on: April 25, 2019, 02:46:10 AM »
I didn't manage to get Melt yet, but I'll keep trying with whatever quartz and tickets the event hands out. Before this I was kinda indifferent to Lip, but after seeing her moveset's animation, I wouldn't mind randomly being spooked as much as I would have before. Those rocket punches and the super-crunch grab are neat.

I keep getting SSR CEs tho, plz gib servant

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #139 on: April 25, 2019, 02:48:17 AM »
No Alter Egos yet, but I got spooked by Lobo, because I didn't have enough Avengers already
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #140 on: April 25, 2019, 06:37:23 AM »
Got my 7 day login streak ticket...

Cashed it in...

Landed Melty.

edit--

I should note that I did one 10 roll at the start and landed someone with huge... hands.  So I now have both available AE's.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2019, 06:47:42 AM by Aya Reiko »

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #141 on: April 25, 2019, 09:44:03 AM »
Got my 7 day login streak ticket...

Cashed it in...

Landed Melty.

edit--

I should note that I did one 10 roll at the start and landed someone with huge... hands.  So I now have both available AE's.

Nice.

A reminder: the banner will be up until the 15th May; plenty of time to get another 10-roll off if you really want the Sakura Five (well, two, but you know what I mean!), never mind all the tickets we'll get in the meanwhile.

In other roll news, I finally picked up my first angry mango. It only took something like 750k FP...
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #142 on: April 25, 2019, 06:25:50 PM »
Is there some kind of like, trick to beating Forneus in Okeanos? It would take me around 18-20 turns of nonstop attacking to kill both bosses and Forneus can one-shot my entire party with a critical hit.

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #143 on: April 25, 2019, 08:16:46 PM »
Is there some kind of like, trick to beating Forneus in Okeanos? It would take me around 18-20 turns of nonstop attacking to kill both bosses and Forneus can one-shot my entire party with a critical hit.
Bring only "Horseman" classes (Caster, Assassin, RIder, & Berserker) for damage and/or Shieldy for protection.  Since there's a Caster to fight too, Riders are most effective at dealing damage.

Defeat Forneus first, then Medea.  Lily Medea is a support-type servant who does not have a damage dealing NP and only has healing skills.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2019, 08:25:04 PM by Aya Reiko »

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #144 on: April 25, 2019, 09:25:17 PM »
I definitely do not have that many servants of those types. Leveling somebody up to 40 for use here wouldn't be too tricky.

Really, kill the monster first huh? I figured it would be way harder to kill with a support unit constantly healing and buffing it but I guess that makes sense.

« Reply #145 on: April 25, 2019, 10:01:44 PM »
Yeah, if you can manage to burst him down, then Medea Lily is basically going to be pretty defenseless on her own. She can keep Forneus alive, but only for so long, and Forneus is the real danger with his AoE attacks and deadly ultra-move.

If you want a recommendation for who to level, Ushiwakamaru would be perfect for this situation if you have her. She's a rider who has class advantage over both Forneus and Medea, and she's single target so she's going to deal more damage for bursting demonboi down compared to an AoE. Actually, she's really good in general and is up there competing with Rider Kintoki, who is known for being absurdly good

Medusa (Rider version) is also a solid choice, she's AoE but still pretty strong and reliable for farming as well. Those two are probably the best riders available in the friendpoint gacha, I'd think.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #146 on: April 25, 2019, 10:21:54 PM »
My damage output just feels extremely extremely low overall. I don't know what numbers I should be hitting right, but I have a ton of trouble with certain Servant enemies (fucking Hector) who just instantly win if you don't burst them down really fast. Is that a matter of just needing four or five leveled Servants of every class so I can stack type advantage, or is there something else I'm doing wrong? In particular my NP chains feel like they do nothing to a lot of bosses.

« Reply #147 on: April 26, 2019, 01:20:58 AM »
NP chains only really tend to shine if the particular overcharge bonus will have a significant effect. For instance, while the aforementioned Ushiwakamaru hits really hard, her overcharge bonus doesn't affect that damage at all and only boosts the strength of the crit star drop buff the NP gives her. Meanwhile, Robin Hood's overcharge bonus makes him secretly one of the best Archers in the game since it boosts his NP's damage to silly levels (as long as you can get that poison on Sabotage to land), and more support-y servants like Hans or Mash get a lot more mileage out of their NPs if they're used later in an NP chain.

As far as dealing with Servants/bosses in general, yeah, a varied roster helps a fair amount with that. You can also lean on strong friend supports (Cu Alter immediately comes to mind, being a Berserker with an evade), but having your own roster filled out a bit can go a long way. Camelot's when the gloves really come off in that regard, but among the free Servants available you've still got very nice options for that place.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #148 on: April 26, 2019, 01:27:19 AM »
Oh, does overcharging ONLY make a difference with overcharge effects? I didn't realize that at all. Interesting. I figured it boosted everything but the overcharge effect even more so, or something. I guess that makes sense.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #149 on: April 26, 2019, 05:16:22 AM »
Only NP Level affects the base damage output. Also, NPs are also completely unaffected by the other cards, except for other NPs - no increased damage from a Buster Brave Chain, no extra C. Star drops if the first card was Quick, no additional bonuses if the NP was the third card.

Hektor is a nuisance, even when Okeanos was first released. So many horror stories of getting Friendship-locked. He's honestly the hardest battle this Singularity.

The thing about Medea Lily is that while her healing is a little annoying, she doesn't actually heal for very much. She's tuned for player use, where max HP values only hit about 12k; paired with a boss with over 200k makes her healing basically drops in a bucket. Plus, you know, as long as she's alive, Forneus can't get a third action.

Move eternally forward,