Author Topic: Murasa Quest 2 - A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 278260 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: Murasa Quest 2 - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #180 on: April 15, 2019, 08:45:04 AM »
>"Thank you."
>Step inside.

>You step inside into what looks like a small reading room. It is appointed with sitting matts and elegant tables, as well as a few shelves with a modest amount of scrolls on them, and places for writing supplies. In the middle of it, however, is a much more modern-looking kotatsu table, where the Gap youkai is sitting and staring hard at a mess of papers scattered about; at a glance the ink is still fresh, depicting a number of diagrams and pictures you simply cannot make sense of. The look on her face is definitely calm, but you can't help but feel it is forced. You step inside, and she looks up at you, as if you were some kind of furniture that had just come to life and walked in to check on her.

>_

« Reply #181 on: April 15, 2019, 09:20:03 AM »
>Have we met Yukari in person before?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #182 on: April 15, 2019, 09:21:05 AM »
>Have we met Yukari in person before?

>Not really, no.

>_

« Reply #183 on: April 15, 2019, 09:25:26 AM »
>"Uh, sorry for intruding. I'm Captain Minamitsu Murasa from the Myouren Temple. Okina Matara said you might be able to help me and sent me here."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #184 on: April 15, 2019, 09:28:57 AM »
>"Uh, sorry for intruding. I'm Captain Minamitsu Murasa from the Myouren Temple. Okina Matara said you might be able to help me and sent me here."

>There is a moment of silence. You can't help but feel she is stifling a groan. "And why is Matara dumping her trash onto me?" she says. Then she frowns. "...You aren't trash. You know what I mean."

>_

« Reply #185 on: April 15, 2019, 10:31:10 AM »
>"I kind of saved her follower Mai, so she sent me here to return the favour because I'm suffering from a problem that nobody seems to know anything about. She reckoned you might have some idea though."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #186 on: April 15, 2019, 10:32:43 AM »
>"I kind of saved her follower Mai, so she sent me here to return the favour because I'm suffering from a problem that nobody seems to know anything about. She reckoned you might have some idea though."

>You are certain she restrains another sigh, and possibly some mumbling.
>"Very well, have a seat. Don't touch anything."

>_

« Reply #187 on: April 15, 2019, 01:25:06 PM »
>Take a seat at the kotatsu.
>"Sorry for interrupting, but this is really imporant and you might be the only one who can help me."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #188 on: April 15, 2019, 01:30:57 PM »
>Take a seat at the kotatsu.
>"Sorry for interrupting, but this is really imporant and you might be the only one who can help me."

>"I'm going to assume so," Yukari says. "We'll see if I need to have a word with Miss Matara later..."

>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #189 on: April 15, 2019, 02:15:09 PM »
>"As for the matter at hand, I'm having some kind of... displacement issue? More specifically, I'll be here one moment, and then suddenly vanish, finding myself in a vast ocean floor. Witnesses have confirmed that I completely disappear from Gensokyo, and that on return I seem as though I... got wet, but somehow dried instantly. If I move in the ocean world, I reappear in Gensokyo as though I'd moved the same distance. It's happened several times today."
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #190 on: April 16, 2019, 01:49:12 AM »
>"As for the matter at hand, I'm having some kind of... displacement issue? More specifically, I'll be here one moment, and then suddenly vanish, finding myself in a vast ocean floor. Witnesses have confirmed that I completely disappear from Gensokyo, and that on return I seem as though I... got wet, but somehow dried instantly. If I move in the ocean world, I reappear in Gensokyo as though I'd moved the same distance. It's happened several times today."

>There is a long and uncomfortable silence. You aren't sure if she is upset, if gears are turning in her head, or both.
>"That shouldn't be happening," she says at length. "Continue."

>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #191 on: April 16, 2019, 02:12:20 AM »
>"It seems to resemble an underwater Gensokyo, although changed enough that it's not immediately obvious. The last time I went, I met a strange jellyfish-like creature called Stargazer. It was familiar with the concept of Gensokyo and seemed friendly, but although we tried to bond together to bring it back with me, I don't think there was any real success... I haven't been able to bring anything else back either, for that matter."
>Frown. "No one had any advice beyond perhaps finding Doremy Sweet or yourself. All I know is that I woke up with a terrible feeling, and next thing I knew, this started happening on a regular basis."
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #192 on: April 16, 2019, 02:27:25 PM »
>"It seems to resemble an underwater Gensokyo, although changed enough that it's not immediately obvious. The last time I went, I met a strange jellyfish-like creature called Stargazer. It was familiar with the concept of Gensokyo and seemed friendly, but although we tried to bond together to bring it back with me, I don't think there was any real success... I haven't been able to bring anything else back either, for that matter."
>Frown. "No one had any advice beyond perhaps finding Doremy Sweet or yourself. All I know is that I woke up with a terrible feeling, and next thing I knew, this started happening on a regular basis."

>"Stargazer," Yukari says. "Hm, so that's what that thing is. It's been bothering me."

>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #193 on: April 16, 2019, 03:11:02 PM »
>Perk. "Wait, what? Have you heard of it, or did I actually bring it with me to some degree?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #194 on: April 17, 2019, 02:12:40 AM »
>Perk. "Wait, what? Have you heard of it, or did I actually bring it with me to some degree?"

>"I am sure it is the latter," she says. "I think it tried to possess you. I'm sure you understand exactly why that wouldn't work."

>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #195 on: April 17, 2019, 03:59:35 AM »
>Look unsettled. "Possess me? ...should I be glad it failed? Mmn."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #196 on: April 17, 2019, 05:23:13 AM »
>Look unsettled. "Possess me? ...should I be glad it failed? Mmn."

>"Certainly so," says Yukari. "But, hm, it sounds like you weren't terribly worried about this?"

>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #197 on: April 17, 2019, 12:28:31 PM »
>"Honestly, I hadn't the foggiest idea what was going on. This has all been so crazy, I was just relieved to have found something other than endless empty water for once. And it felt... friendly? It's hard to describe, but I could sense it's thoughts, even before it tried to... well, possess me. Even then, I had honestly sort of invited it to try, in an attempt to bring it back... which in hindsight does sound like a real rookie mistake, here."
>"Mmmn... even Stargazer didn't seem to have any idea where or what that ocean world was, or how it got there." Shrug. "It was just as confused as me. It vaguely remembered having been somewhere else... "infinitely far away, cold and dark and crowded", but now it was just... in the ocean world, instead."

Branneg Xy

• ^UP http://www.miyasuke.net/flash/yuyugohan.html ^
    • (FREE) LINKEDIN PROFILE
« Reply #198 on: April 17, 2019, 01:33:27 PM »
>"Certainly so," says Yukari. "But, hm, it sounds like you weren't terribly worried about this?"

>_

> Pensive and relieved look : " Trying to establishing contact has not been peachy so I'd rather carry her to Gensokyo,with Stargazer being only barely able to grab onto my spiritual ether essence,given as Stargazer may only be carried ,only to some extent and trying her best and being permitted to and watched overby a spiritual being similar might seem or have some side-effects as possession...

> "... The pickles ,correct me if I am wrong or overstating , to be that dimension,what being is using or weaving or floating and sinking it and channels off 'em to impose it. "

> "
« Last Edit: April 17, 2019, 04:46:32 PM by Branneg Xy »
^^^^ http://www.miyasuke.net/flash/yuyugohan.html  " 西行寺幽々子の強奪!!隣の晩御飯 " ->>>
" Yuyuko Saigyouji 's "Uslurpation" !! Dinner is Next ".
( Possibilities of ENGrish ) ^^^^ .

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #199 on: April 17, 2019, 04:42:33 PM »

> Pensive and relieved look : " Trying to establishing contact has not been peachy so I'd rather carry her to Gensokyo,with Stargazer being only barely able to grab onto my spiritual ether essence,given as Stargazer may only be carried ,only to some extent and trying her best and being permitted to and watched overby a spiritual being similar might seem or have some side-effects as possession...
> "... The pickles ,correct me if I am wrong or overstating , to be that dimension,what being is using or weaving or floating and sinking it and channels off 'em to impose it. "

>"I'm hardly an expert, but I imagine its clinging to you for dear life right now, so to speak," Yukari says.

>_

Branneg Xy

• ^UP http://www.miyasuke.net/flash/yuyugohan.html ^
    • (FREE) LINKEDIN PROFILE
« Reply #200 on: April 17, 2019, 04:49:03 PM »
>"I'm hardly an expert, but I imagine its clinging to you for dear life right now, so to speak," Yukari says.

>_

>_

// A wholeheart SORRY  :blush: for having to respond and readin again past that draft submitted as a precaution :1.  I might have required my router restarted;2.my I-Pad needs its Wi-Fi connection restarted because it has since timed out a few times like MoTK sessions;3.quite more worries sprung up; 4.I need to test and execute an E-Bill payment by switching from Chrome,this post is drafted on it and completed on Ipad-Safari,to Firefox ; 5. On Chrome even just refreshing page/cache/cookies,ALL the post contect/format is automatically cleared due to speed+security+page displaying+actually interested in learning about that tech&quality part... //

// Another longpost/reply in the team due to Engangements and Priorities(Partly thanks to  ;)Holy Week and Preparation Holiest Easter  :) ,different Time-Zones AND Free-Time and verily  giving  space to the Parser&Readers&Other Players&Team Playing //

> Pensive and relieved look : "If you are so kind to heed more of a ghost captain's brief incident-log,for  it's likely both hints and help for for everyone involved, myselfa,the Myouren Temple and linked are going to be very grateful."

> Stop between descriptions to best " oil  if Yukari's head-gears: " Nothing stands out as a point of reference or help in that "Deluged Gensokyo+Outside World Oceanic Version ",only Stargazer in a...Giant Man-o-War Spirit Form... which seemed almost drifted and ship-wrecked there; any movement and interactionby latching onto a spiritual ether essence ,meant moving interacting like beyond calmly swimming and explaining-by-feelings ."

> "Findings are Stargazer's latching onto's only some of it but the most is coming up with ...a haul-carry between spirits...limited, all-permitted,watched over AND ONLY POSSible while I am in my ghost-spiritual form,anything more corporeal and Stargazer slips away ; in the end a sure interaction and collaboration is somehow difficult even when I am at my truest nature as  funayurei(//ship-sinking sea-ghost//) but gratefully reformed by Byakuren, Myourens and even Gensokyo...

> "... Actually the No.1 Pickle,but please do correct me,is between I being what I am and doing, that Dimension , Gensokyo : prompt perphaps unwanted by the mastermind and its hazards in  turning not only 1 off-decker , but 2 with Stargazer ,into channels ...

> " ...On 1 hand I am being displaced by temporary cycles and on the other Stargazer had been near-permanently ; in truth our last dispacement was cut-off AGAINST our will,unlike my 3 previous lonely trips,JUST WHEN the 2 of us were "especially spirited" during mor

> " ... Hey-oh. If only a part may be felt awake,for it feels absent to me,how about going for a rouse step-by-step by focusing and communicating while this time I am to turn full-sea-ghost while in safe waters ? "

« Last Edit: April 17, 2019, 04:51:43 PM by Branneg Xy »
^^^^ http://www.miyasuke.net/flash/yuyugohan.html  " 西行寺幽々子の強奪!!隣の晩御飯 " ->>>
" Yuyuko Saigyouji 's "Uslurpation" !! Dinner is Next ".
( Possibilities of ENGrish ) ^^^^ .

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #201 on: April 18, 2019, 02:11:40 AM »

// A wholeheart SORRY  :blush: for having to respond and readin again past that draft submitted as a precaution :1.  I might have required my router restarted;2.my I-Pad needs its Wi-Fi connection restarted because it has since timed out a few times like MoTK sessions;3.quite more worries sprung up; 4.I need to test and execute an E-Bill payment by switching from Chrome,this post is drafted on it and completed on Ipad-Safari,to Firefox ; 5. On Chrome even just refreshing page/cache/cookies,ALL the post contect/format is automatically cleared due to speed+security+page displaying+actually interested in learning about that tech&quality part... //

// Another longpost/reply in the team due to Engangements and Priorities(Partly thanks to  ;)Holy Week and Preparation Holiest Easter  :) ,different Time-Zones AND Free-Time and verily  giving  space to the Parser&Readers&Other Players&Team Playing //

> Pensive and relieved look : "If you are so kind to heed more of a ghost captain's brief incident-log,for  it's likely both hints and help for for everyone involved, myselfa,the Myouren Temple and linked are going to be very grateful."

> Stop between descriptions to best " oil  if Yukari's head-gears: " Nothing stands out as a point of reference or help in that "Deluged Gensokyo+Outside World Oceanic Version ",only Stargazer in a...Giant Man-o-War Spirit Form... which seemed almost drifted and ship-wrecked there; any movement and interactionby latching onto a spiritual ether essence ,meant moving interacting like beyond calmly swimming and explaining-by-feelings ."

> "Findings are Stargazer's latching onto's only some of it but the most is coming up with ...a haul-carry between spirits...limited, all-permitted,watched over AND ONLY POSSible while I am in my ghost-spiritual form,anything more corporeal and Stargazer slips away ; in the end a sure interaction and collaboration is somehow difficult even when I am at my truest nature as  funayurei(//ship-sinking sea-ghost//) but gratefully reformed by Byakuren, Myourens and even Gensokyo...

> "... Actually the No.1 Pickle,but please do correct me,is between I being what I am and doing, that Dimension , Gensokyo : prompt perphaps unwanted by the mastermind and its hazards in  turning not only 1 off-decker , but 2 with Stargazer ,into channels ...

> " ...On 1 hand I am being displaced by temporary cycles and on the other Stargazer had been near-permanently ; in truth our last dispacement was cut-off AGAINST our will,unlike my 3 previous lonely trips,JUST WHEN the 2 of us were "especially spirited" during mor

> " ... Hey-oh. If only a part may be felt awake,for it feels absent to me,how about going for a rouse step-by-step by focusing and communicating while this time I am to turn full-sea-ghost while in safe waters ? "

Whups

>"Honestly, I hadn't the foggiest idea what was going on. This has all been so crazy, I was just relieved to have found something other than endless empty water for once. And it felt... friendly? It's hard to describe, but I could sense it's thoughts, even before it tried to... well, possess me. Even then, I had honestly sort of invited it to try, in an attempt to bring it back... which in hindsight does sound like a real rookie mistake, here."
>"Mmmn... even Stargazer didn't seem to have any idea where or what that ocean world was, or how it got there." Shrug. "It was just as confused as me. It vaguely remembered having been somewhere else... "infinitely far away, cold and dark and crowded", but now it was just... in the ocean world, instead."

>Yukari nods. "How terribly fascinating... Just what were you planning to do with it?"

>_

« Reply #202 on: April 18, 2019, 10:01:34 AM »
>"Bring it back to Gensokyo if possible I guess. I don't think it was very happy with where it was and it seemed pretty benevolent."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #203 on: April 18, 2019, 10:03:33 AM »
>"Bring it back to Gensokyo if possible I guess. I don't think it was very happy with where it was and it seemed pretty benevolent."

>"I suppose you'll want to find something for it to attach itself to, then?" says Yukari.

>_

« Reply #204 on: April 18, 2019, 12:17:57 PM »
>"I'm not even going to pretend to know how that would work."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #205 on: April 18, 2019, 12:20:29 PM »
>"I'm not even going to pretend to know how that would work."

>Yukari laughs; you think you detect a hint of tiredness in her voice.
>"Well, you would need something that can host an entity like that, wouldn't you?"

>_

« Reply #206 on: April 18, 2019, 03:40:54 PM »
>Do we have any idea where we could find something like this?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #207 on: April 18, 2019, 03:43:35 PM »
>Do we have any idea where we could find something like this?

>Well, you'd have think about what can be possessed...

>_

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
« Reply #208 on: April 18, 2019, 03:45:18 PM »
> How does possession work?
> Could we be possessed? If not, who could?
> Could we possess others?
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

« Reply #209 on: April 18, 2019, 04:06:47 PM »
>Do we know if our items travel to the watery place with us?