Topic: Murasa Quest 2 - A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 9056 times)

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Hello Purvis

  • Acolyte
  • *
  • Hello Jerry
  • Staff
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Nickname: Purvis
Murasa Quest 2 - A Z-Machine Adventure
« on: March 13, 2019, 06:53:32 pm »

>YOU ARE MINAMITSU MURASA! Everyone’s favorite nautical disaster!
>You are, to put it bluntly, dead. You’ve been that way most of your life, really and are used to it. In particular, you died at sea, and spent a good long time haunting and sinking ships. But that was a long time ago and you don’t do that sort of thing anymore. Not in any sense that counts… These days, you inhabit the Myouren Temple, doing your best to adhere to its brand of buddhism. You aren’t the best monk, to be honest, but you do your best and that earns you praise enough. Realistically, you tend to do various jobs around the temple, or sometimes work in the clinic in Former Hell. Other times to you wander about, sometimes inviting yourself to drop in the various manors in Gensokyo when they’ll have you.
>Today began like any other day, but you’ve been feeling...strange. As a ghost, there’s some things that just bother you. You do not like the direction north, you try not to sit facing that way, you don’t like having to walk further north than the temple. Higan is that way, and you are not ready. Funerals and such fascinate you, and you can’t say why, so too do ghost stories. It’s not uncommon for you to be drawn toward a little get-together on summer nights and scare the people there. And there’s boats...best not to think about those. You make model ones, sometimes... But today...today is different. There’s something in the air, something that sinks down to your bones… It’s set your teeth on edge.
>The strangeness you've experienced seems to manifest in you randomly getting drug into some other world, which resembles Gensokyo buried under and ocean. You have roamed around human town and the hakurei shrine, trying to find someone who could help you understand this. Sadly, at this point, most people who might know something are either not to be found, or simply have only guesses to offer. The most concrete advice you'd managed to get is from Reimu, who suggests that it might be some kind of dream-related thing, and suggested that you find Doremy Sweet to help you out.
>This turned out to be a challenge, as Doremy comes and goes as she likes, requiring you to ultimately track down a tengu journalist to get an idea where to look. During this, yo ended up encountering Tojiko, who witnessed you disappear firsthand, and has decided to try and assist you out of a sense of ghostly solidarity. With the advice of Hatate, you managed to track down Doremy to Eientei, where you arrived in time to find it under attack from a pair of dancers who were in the process of kidnapping the baku. You attempted to stop them, but were untimely drug into the ocean world again. That time, you met someone there, a sort of ghostly jellyfish entity that identified itself as Stargazer. You attempted to bring her back with you, but have no idea if you succeeded. Returning to Eientei, you found that Doremy had been taken, but thanks to your efforts you were able to catch one of the dancers, identified as Mai, who you are interrogating now. Thus far, she has been surprisingly prone to weeping.

> " But were you not worried about the safety of your home while you two were following orders out here  ? "
> " For that matter Is your home distant or close from here ? "

>"It's both," she mutters.

>_

Branneg Xy

  • ^UP http://www.miyasuke.net/flash/yuyugohan.html ^
  • Nickname: Brannegor
  • Gender: Male
[Edit to properly finish]Re: Murasa Quest 2 - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2019, 01:16:19 am »
// [OOC WALL O' TEXT]  :D  :ohdear:
IMHO Almost all sides required from here are: preparations and plan,movement and exploration,relations and diplomacy,surprise and action.Surely it is going to be as,or close as, honest-and-simple but still not that far out. Naturally threre are outcomes of " responses and impressions back and forth "(1 is the present one with Mai Tereda) . There is also going to be help and interference,to a limited extent but lesser or greater depending about our outcomes.The hurdle to overcome,and my vote for doing it is "a side(with the other sides in the first line of my reply) of well-placed-realistic Diplomacy" ,is to : 1.RESCUE an healthy and willing Doremy Sweet from ("Maraijin") Dancers Mai+ Satono,with  possibly reduced team-up and hostility, plus THEIR MASTER THE Okina Matara(both FINAL BOSS AND EX,although with her 1 or even 2 phases could end prematurely) IN her dimensional realm ( part of Gensokyo's foundations,doors and transitions ) 2. IN a greater(Dream and Reality) scheme to halt . 3.We should always keep in mind,and also avoid getting swindled by that prospect,that parts of her greater scheme could be salvageable and convertable for Good (involving Myouren Temple,Dream Mausoleum,Hakurei Shrine,Human Village,Yakumo Household,Eientei,SDM and/or others fit?). //

> " Truthfully I and Tojiko are "detectiving"  all this out on our own - playful sage wink and nod now and at the just allusions  - about such a special-close-far-home-space with special-admittance...maybe open for a pair of visitors due to << unique need of peace of soul  >> , just 2 who understanding subordinates as well but off-shift and single-pieces,so no tattle-talers or hunting teams involved,striving to be discreet ,respectful, honest, especially if helped back as such. "
« Last Edit: March 14, 2019, 02:47:05 am by Branneg Xy »
^^^^ http://www.miyasuke.net/flash/yuyugohan.html  " 西行寺幽々子の強奪!!隣の晩御飯 " ->>>
" Yuyuko Saigyouji 's "Uslurpation" !! Dinner is Next ".
( Possibilities of ENGrish ) ^^^^ .
  • LINKEdin PROfile ,if you kindly would.

Hello Purvis

  • Acolyte
  • *
  • Hello Jerry
  • Staff
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Nickname: Purvis
Re: Murasa Quest 2 - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2019, 07:08:33 pm »
(Replies will be slow for the next few days)

> " Truthfully I and Tojiko are "detectiving"  all this out on our own - playful sage wink and nod now and at the just allusions  - about such a special-close-far-home-space with special-admittance...maybe open for a pair of visitors due to << unique need of peace of soul  >> , just 2 who understanding subordinates as well but off-shift and single-pieces,so no tattle-talers or hunting teams involved,striving to be discreet ,respectful, honest, especially if helped back as such. "


>"I just want to go home..." Mai says, sobbing again.
>"I think you were too subtle," Tojiko says.

>_

Branneg Xy

  • ^UP http://www.miyasuke.net/flash/yuyugohan.html ^
  • Nickname: Brannegor
  • Gender: Male
Re: Murasa Quest 2 - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2019, 03:10:41 am »
(Replies will be slow for the next few days)

>"I just want to go home..." Mai says, sobbing again.
>"I think you were too subtle," Tojiko says.

>_
> To Tojiko nodding : "Right you are,thanks."
> to Mai apologetically and reassuringly : " Sorry mate,as Tojiko rightly said , I was to subtle about proposing your return home while allowing us to enter and accompany you in your home,lookin' like it was accidental to avoid troubles with your boss,so we can check Doremy's condition and well-being ".
^^^^ http://www.miyasuke.net/flash/yuyugohan.html  " 西行寺幽々子の強奪!!隣の晩御飯 " ->>>
" Yuyuko Saigyouji 's "Uslurpation" !! Dinner is Next ".
( Possibilities of ENGrish ) ^^^^ .
  • LINKEdin PROfile ,if you kindly would.

Hello Purvis

  • Acolyte
  • *
  • Hello Jerry
  • Staff
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Nickname: Purvis
Re: Murasa Quest 2 - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2019, 10:20:50 pm »
> To Tojiko nodding : "Right you are,thanks."
> to Mai apologetically and reassuringly : " Sorry mate,as Tojiko rightly said , I was to subtle about proposing your return home while allowing us to enter and accompany you in your home,lookin' like it was accidental to avoid troubles with your boss,so we can check Doremy's condition and well-being ".

"I don't know if I'm allowed..." she mutters.

>_

Branneg Xy

  • ^UP http://www.miyasuke.net/flash/yuyugohan.html ^
  • Nickname: Brannegor
  • Gender: Male
Re: Murasa Quest 2 - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2019, 07:01:07 pm »
"I don't know if I'm allowed..." she mutters.

>_
> "For you it would just be a return to your home,your sister,your boss while for us 2  an "accidental slip through and getting our bearings" ".
^^^^ http://www.miyasuke.net/flash/yuyugohan.html  " 西行寺幽々子の強奪!!隣の晩御飯 " ->>>
" Yuyuko Saigyouji 's "Uslurpation" !! Dinner is Next ".
( Possibilities of ENGrish ) ^^^^ .
  • LINKEdin PROfile ,if you kindly would.
Re: Murasa Quest 2 - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2019, 11:06:59 am »
>"For now though I should probably see if Eirin is satisfied with what you've told us. I think you're technically her prisoner."
>"You mind watching over for a sec while I talk to Eirin, Tojiko?"
>Assuming she's fine with it step out into the hallway and see if Eirin is still there.

Hello Purvis

  • Acolyte
  • *
  • Hello Jerry
  • Staff
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Nickname: Purvis
Re: Murasa Quest 2 - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2019, 11:11:36 am »
> "For you it would just be a return to your home,your sister,your boss while for us 2  an "accidental slip through and getting our bearings" ".

>"M-maybe..."
>While still distressed, she frowns more, fidgeting a little.

>"For now though I should probably see if Eirin is satisfied with what you've told us. I think you're technically her prisoner."
>"You mind watching over for a sec while I talk to Eirin, Tojiko?"
>Assuming she's fine with it step out into the hallway and see if Eirin is still there.

>"Sure, I'll keep an eye on her," says Tojiko.
>You step out, but do not see Eirin. You recall she was going to assess the damage.

>_

Re: Murasa Quest 2 - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2019, 11:26:02 am »
>Look around for any handy rabbits.

Hello Purvis

  • Acolyte
  • *
  • Hello Jerry
  • Staff
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Nickname: Purvis
Re: Murasa Quest 2 - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2019, 08:36:57 pm »
>Look around for any handy rabbits.

>There are one or two moving through the halls.

>_

Re: Murasa Quest 2 - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2019, 03:53:18 am »
>Accost the nearest rabbit.
>"You know where Eirin went?"

Hello Purvis

  • Acolyte
  • *
  • Hello Jerry
  • Staff
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Nickname: Purvis
Re: Murasa Quest 2 - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2019, 11:16:14 am »
>Accost the nearest rabbit.
>"You know where Eirin went?"

>You accost a rabbit carrying a broom.
>"Yeah, she's in that room you showed up," says the rabbit. Looking at her more carefully, you think she may have been one of the ones that reacted to you sudden reappearance.

>_

Re: Murasa Quest 2 - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2019, 01:14:26 pm »
>Head to the room that allegedly contains Eirin.

Branneg Xy

  • ^UP http://www.miyasuke.net/flash/yuyugohan.html ^
  • Nickname: Brannegor
  • Gender: Male
Re: Murasa Quest 2 - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2019, 07:43:17 pm »
>Head to the room that allegedly contains Eirin.
> Among all things to say, remember mentioning to Eirin the list of Items in Satono's hands and her task to gather them for Matara.
> Truthfully we  do not know the content,Mai is the same or has little knowledge,but clues point that a majority of them has already been pilfered or gathered and then deposited in the " trio's dimensional home".
^^^^ http://www.miyasuke.net/flash/yuyugohan.html  " 西行寺幽々子の強奪!!隣の晩御飯 " ->>>
" Yuyuko Saigyouji 's "Uslurpation" !! Dinner is Next ".
( Possibilities of ENGrish ) ^^^^ .
  • LINKEdin PROfile ,if you kindly would.

Hello Purvis

  • Acolyte
  • *
  • Hello Jerry
  • Staff
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Nickname: Purvis
Re: Murasa Quest 2 - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2019, 07:47:35 pm »
> Among all things to say, remember mentioning to Eirin the list of Items in Satono's hands and her task to gather them for Matara.
> Truthfully we  do not know the content,Mai is the same or has little knowledge,but clues point that a majority of them has already been pilfered or gathered and then deposited in the " trio's dimensional home".

>You make a note to mention that you've learned Satono had the list.  And this is about all you could learn.

>Head to the room that allegedly contains Eirin.

>You return to the storage room. It's a bit more clean than before, there isn't as much broken glass around. Eirin is standing over the mess, staring at it with her thumb and forefinger on her chin.
>"Ah, did you find anything?" Eirin says, not looking up.

>_

Re: Murasa Quest 2 - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2019, 02:01:27 am »
>"Unfortunately it seems like she's just a grunt, she doesn't seem to know much. However there is something that you should probably know, she mentioned that they were here get the baku and 'the stuff'. Apparently she doesn't know what 'the stuff' is because her accomplice had the list, but you should probably be on the lookout in case anything was stolen."

Hello Purvis

  • Acolyte
  • *
  • Hello Jerry
  • Staff
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Nickname: Purvis
Re: Murasa Quest 2 - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2019, 05:49:12 am »
>"Unfortunately it seems like she's just a grunt, she doesn't seem to know much. However there is something that you should probably know, she mentioned that they were here get the baku and 'the stuff'. Apparently she doesn't know what 'the stuff' is because her accomplice had the list, but you should probably be on the lookout in case anything was stolen."

>"Hm, I'll take care to look for missing things," Eirin says. "Anything else?"

>_

Re: Murasa Quest 2 - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2019, 07:47:27 am »
>"The baku was likely taken to the home that she keeps talking about really wanting to go back to, though I haven't been able to get out of her exactly where that is yet."
>"And she's been weirdly silent whenever I mention that Matara person you were talking about."
« Last Edit: March 19, 2019, 10:12:13 am by Yaersulf »

Hello Purvis

  • Acolyte
  • *
  • Hello Jerry
  • Staff
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Nickname: Purvis
Re: Murasa Quest 2 - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2019, 10:17:38 am »
>"The baku was likely taken to the home that she really wants to go back to, though I haven't been able to get out of her exactly where that is yet."
>"And she's been weirdly silent whenever I mention that Matara person you were talking about."

>"That isn't a terrible surprise," says Eirin. "Matara thrives on secrecy. I take it as a confession, myself. As for Miss Sweet, that is a difficult thing, isn't it?"

>_

Re: Murasa Quest 2 - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2019, 10:50:47 am »
>What do we know about the incident involving Matara? Of specific interest: do we know who else was involved and might know things that we don't?

Hello Purvis

  • Acolyte
  • *
  • Hello Jerry
  • Staff
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Nickname: Purvis
Re: Murasa Quest 2 - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2019, 07:25:59 pm »
>What do we know about the incident involving Matara? Of specific interest: do we know who else was involved and might know things that we don't?

>The seasons around Gensokyo began to act up, happening out of their proper order in various places. You're certain Reimu was involved, and cannot imagine that Marisa wasn't there. You've even heard from Ichirin that a certain faerie got involved.

>_

Re: Murasa Quest 2 - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2019, 04:27:14 am »
>"Actually, maybe I don't need to get all of the information out of Mai. Uh, that's her name by the way. Reimu probably knows where they're hiding as well. I hope the rabbits don't mind keeping an eye on Mai while I go pay the Hakurei shrine a visit."

Hello Purvis

  • Acolyte
  • *
  • Hello Jerry
  • Staff
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Nickname: Purvis
Re: Murasa Quest 2 - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2019, 07:45:32 am »
>"Actually, maybe I don't need to get all of the information out of Mai. Uh, that's her name by the way. Reimu probably knows where they're hiding as well. I hope the rabbits don't mind keeping an eye on Mai while I go pay the Hakurei shrine a visit."

>"To be honest, I am not sure what we're going to do with her," Eirin says. "I am curious, though, what are your intentions involving this incident?"

>_

Re: Murasa Quest 2 - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2019, 08:44:27 am »
>"Tojiko and I were thinking that maybe we could arrange a hostage exchange for the baku. My hat's kind of been thrown into the ring for me here, I need that baku's help with a problem I'm having. I'd like to hear what you think about it too actually, but I imagine things are a bit hectic for you right now. And, uh, are you the kind of doctor that can help people who are already dead?"
« Last Edit: March 20, 2019, 08:47:10 am by Yaersulf »

Hello Purvis

  • Acolyte
  • *
  • Hello Jerry
  • Staff
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Nickname: Purvis
Re: Murasa Quest 2 - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2019, 09:22:39 am »
>"Tojiko and I were thinking that maybe we could arrange a hostage exchange for the baku. My hat's kind of been thrown into the ring for me here, I need that baku's help with a problem I'm having. I'd like to hear what you think about it too actually, but I imagine things are a bit hectic for you right now. And, uh, are you the kind of doctor that can help people who are already dead?"

>"If you're asking if I can restore you back to life, I must decline," says Eirin. "But in terms of ghostly "health", I know a few things."

>_

Re: Murasa Quest 2 - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2019, 09:38:59 am »
>"The second one, if you don't mind me asking right now."

Hello Purvis

  • Acolyte
  • *
  • Hello Jerry
  • Staff
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Nickname: Purvis
Re: Murasa Quest 2 - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2019, 07:14:32 pm »
>"The second one, if you don't mind me asking right now."

>"I am a little busy," Eirin says, "So I can't give you a thorough examination right now unless it is life threatening. But describe your symptoms to me."

>_

Branneg Xy

  • ^UP http://www.miyasuke.net/flash/yuyugohan.html ^
  • Nickname: Brannegor
  • Gender: Male
Re: Murasa Quest 2 - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2019, 10:47:28 pm »
>"I am a little busy," Eirin says, "So I can't give you a thorough examination right now unless it is life threatening. But describe your symptoms to me."

>_
> " Weird ambiental symptomps at that", frown, " it all started when today(//Please Correct me If I am wrong//), back at Myouren Temple I have begun feeling unnerved inside for no apparent reason and for remedies I had been moving about to reach Bykuren with the result,happening at intervals, of being sorta ..."displaced" ,meant as disappeared for the onlookers meant as " sudden watery change of environment" to me, in a remote place remote as in the bottom of a Sea or an Ocean ".
^^^^ http://www.miyasuke.net/flash/yuyugohan.html  " 西行寺幽々子の強奪!!隣の晩御飯 " ->>>
" Yuyuko Saigyouji 's "Uslurpation" !! Dinner is Next ".
( Possibilities of ENGrish ) ^^^^ .
  • LINKEdin PROfile ,if you kindly would.

Hello Purvis

  • Acolyte
  • *
  • Hello Jerry
  • Staff
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Nickname: Purvis
Re: Murasa Quest 2 - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2019, 04:36:47 am »
> " Weird ambiental symptomps at that", frown, " it all started when today(//Please Correct me If I am wrong//), back at Myouren Temple I have begun feeling unnerved inside for no apparent reason and for remedies I had been moving about to reach Bykuren with the result,happening at intervals, of being sorta ..."displaced" ,meant as disappeared for the onlookers meant as " sudden watery change of environment" to me, in a remote place remote as in the bottom of a Sea or an Ocean ".

>Eirin frowns, looking over at you. "I...don't think that is a medical issue."

>_

Re: Murasa Quest 2 - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2019, 05:13:20 pm »
>"Yeah, I feared as much. All the more reason that I need to get to that baku now."
 

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Theme based on ModernDark64 design by BlocWeb
Page created in 0.044 seconds with 40 queries.