Author Topic: Your Touhou Arch-Nemesis  (Read 39448 times)

Re: Your Touhou Arch-Nemesis
« Reply #60 on: May 17, 2009, 01:59:21 PM »
I guess its not just Koishi now... Kanako too. VoWG Lunatic... the only spell of hers i can't capture.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #61 on: May 17, 2009, 03:12:30 PM »
LLS: Yuka.  Even when I know its coming, LAZORZ

MS: Yuki and Mai.  Actually, I often suck worse against Shinki, but I love fighting her so it doesn't matter to me.

EoSD: Nobody?  Oh, wait, Flandre, for the sake of Argh.  Also, Sakuya's Misdirection on Easy/Normal is, for some reason, much harder than on Hard/Lunatic

PCB: Ran.  I should honestly be able to beat her by now.  BUT NO.  Oh, and Youmu.  Why does everyone complain about Chen?  I hardly even notice that fight.

IN: Hourai Elixir can go !@#$ itself.  Nevermind Kaguya's last spells.  Everything else is fine... oh, maybe Keine being a pain, or Mokou's Fujiyama Volcano for always costing me SEVERAL bombs/lives

PoFV: SIKIEIKI ARGH I COULD BEAT LUNATIC BUT FOR YOU.  And Aya for bullcrap corner-locking due to walls of aimed bullets.

MoF: The Entire Game.  I don't get along with MoF.  Specifically?  That Waterfall.  Not even Aya, but the freaking stage itself.

SA: Orin.  Orin Orin ORIN D:< I COULD BEAT THE GAME BUT FOR YOU.  Oh, and Parsee's opener is a bit bull.

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #62 on: May 17, 2009, 04:55:51 PM »
Mokou's Fujiyama Volcano for always costing me SEVERAL bombs/lives
I used to have that problem.  I can send a replay of me clearing it, if you want.  Once I figured out how to do it, I started capping it around 2/3 of the time.  (The other 1/3 is because I suck.)

Oh, and Parsee's opener is a bit bull.
Wha?  My friend has horrible issues with Parsee's midboss opener too, but I've yet to find either that or her boss opener remotely difficult, even on Lunatic.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #63 on: May 18, 2009, 03:57:17 AM »
Wha?  My friend has horrible issues with Parsee's midboss opener too, but I've yet to find either that or her boss opener remotely difficult, even on Lunatic.

Mostly the boss opener, due to how far down it reaches before stopping.

I used to have that problem.  I can send a replay of me clearing it, if you want.  Once I figured out how to do it, I started capping it around 2/3 of the time.  (The other 1/3 is because I suck.)

Please do T.T I can capture almost every one of Mokou's cards... except that.

RainfallYoshi

• Yoshi of Skies & Rains
  • Who is it that calls for me?
« Reply #64 on: May 18, 2009, 04:40:10 AM »
(My first post after awhile of lurking, rawr!)

It's hard to pin-point one for all of Touhou... I'll just go by game. I play on Normal.

EoSD: Sakuya. Gawd she is a pain. Her mid-boss section is just hell on me. I always end up bombing quite a bit on her spell cards too. Especially Clock Corpse and Marionette.

PCB: The Prismriver Sisters. I always end up stuck against the wall with notes smacking me in the face. It's mostly their non-spell attack patterns that screw with me.

IN: Eirin. Seriously, she's so much harder than Kaguya. All of her spell cards give me issues.

Now that I think about it though, I think Sakuya takes the cake for my arch-nemesis. She really just knows how to send a knife right into my face.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #65 on: May 18, 2009, 06:37:30 AM »
PoFV against a human player + that human player is using Reimu = you auto-lose

goddamnit Reimu is a bitch and a half even on Normal, somehow, I can defeat her on Lunatic, but it is /really/ difficult. I mean ohshit.

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Vile Lasagna

• Due to boredom
  • I'm mostly banned
« Reply #66 on: May 18, 2009, 06:45:44 AM »

Now that I think about it though, I think Sakuya takes the cake for my arch-nemesis. She really just knows how to send a knife right into my face.

That's her favourite sport, it would seem.
rofl bye

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #67 on: May 18, 2009, 03:53:15 PM »
Please do T.T I can capture almost every one of Mokou's cards... except that.
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=3301

Enjoy.  Maybe I'll put up a SA Stage 2 Lunatic run later.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

« Reply #68 on: May 18, 2009, 10:28:28 PM »
Oh, you are supposed to pick a Nemesis for all the games hmm? Well, why not.

1-5: Don't really play these much at all but Yumeko's a real bitch.
6: Flandre. Mostly due to laziness i think.
7: Yuyuko. Her "anything from start to finish" breaks my heart.
8: Nothing really but if it had to be its got to be last words.
9: Shikieiki. The few times i have tried fighting her i always have to use continues. I don't know what goes wrong. Guess its phantasmagoria.
10: Kanako. VoWG. Its awesome and horrible simultaneously!!
11: Koishi. Most of the stuff i can think of is not allowed here but she can go somewhere where dark and very scary and evil. She can come back when she have gotten rid of the heart-missiles. And maybe the pointless filler spells such as Danmaku Paranoia and Youkai Polygraph.

Vile Lasagna

• Due to boredom
  • I'm mostly banned
« Reply #69 on: May 18, 2009, 10:41:52 PM »

Oh, you are supposed to pick a Nemesis for all the games hmm? Well, why not.

That was some guy's idea since he is too indecisive to choose between man or womane all the bosses. As OP I can assure you, a single boss is more than fine since for being only one it must have a particularly dense portion of your boundless hate caring love
rofl bye

« Reply #70 on: May 20, 2009, 10:49:46 PM »
That was some guy's idea since he is too indecisive to choose between man or womane all the bosses. As OP I can assure you, a single boss is more than fine since for being only one it must have a particularly dense portion of your boundless hate caring love

While its caring love for most, in the case of the nemesis bosses its more of a feeling of friendly rivalry.

RainfallYoshi

• Yoshi of Skies & Rains
  • Who is it that calls for me?
« Reply #71 on: May 21, 2009, 05:02:20 AM »
Ok, I have a new arch-nemesis and her name is Patchcouli 'effing Knowledge.

So... much... rage...

« Reply #72 on: May 21, 2009, 03:01:47 PM »
Almost anyone level 4 and up is the bane of my existence due to my failure at touhou. Specifically Sakuya as I always run into the side of her knives or she freezes time while I'm grazing a knife and decides to flip it into my hit, Youmu for the existence of that ball opener, and that random fairy sub boss on PCB level 3.

SONIC BHOCOLATE STRIKER

• Doing >9000 Barrel Rolls
« Reply #73 on: May 21, 2009, 06:17:57 PM »
Youmu.
I gotta have something for my sig, so...

« Reply #74 on: May 21, 2009, 07:08:39 PM »
Youmu is moe... except in PCB where she is an asshole. Thank you so much for slowing time. That will surely help me getting past a wall. Let alone that slow-down gag messes up my movement speed to beyond the point of redemption. I can be in the middle of some tricky movement and then when she un-slow the time i'll be flying all over the place as i don't see it coming. I know the background is supposed to hint you to when she is unslowing the time but it doesn't really help me much.

And those openers don't help much too. I know you can do some trick in order to make it easier but it still sucks.

SONIC BHOCOLATE STRIKER

• Doing >9000 Barrel Rolls
« Reply #75 on: May 22, 2009, 11:52:31 PM »
Youmu is moe... except in PCB where she is an asshole. Thank you so much for slowing time. That will surely help me getting past a wall. Let alone that slow-down gag messes up my movement speed to beyond the point of redemption. I can be in the middle of some tricky movement and then when she un-slow the time i'll be flying all over the place as i don't see it coming. I know the background is supposed to hint you to when she is unslowing the time but it doesn't really help me much.

And those openers don't help much too. I know you can do some trick in order to make it easier but it still sucks.
THIS.

Also, now I know why people above the surface don't like Satori. <_< Especially when I use Marisa/Nitori, which is worse.
I gotta have something for my sig, so...

Zetzumarshen

« Reply #76 on: May 23, 2009, 02:11:48 PM »
Letty.

She had been nipping the bud of my score runs.

« Reply #77 on: May 24, 2009, 07:37:03 PM »
THIS.

Also, now I know why people above the surface don't like Satori. <_< Especially when I use Marisa/Nitori, which is worse.

Depending on the difficulty i would say that Marisa x Nitori against Satori isn't that bad. Except for Extending Arm. I have always hated that card. I am much better at it now yes but its still not fun one bit. If i had to pick a bad Satori match it would be Marisa x Alice vs Satori. The 1st recollection spell just seems so unfair.

Letty.

She had been nipping the bud of my score runs.

Just what seems to be the problem with Letty? If you would be able to make a score run you should also be well capable of utterly destroying Letty. If it weren't for Rumia and Wriggle she would be the easiest stage 1 boss overall. She have nothing compared to Yamame and Nazrin. I would mention Minoriko too but she is only hard when she decides to play bullshit with you.

Zetzumarshen

« Reply #78 on: May 25, 2009, 02:38:42 AM »
Just what seems to be the problem with Letty? If you would be able to make a score run you should also be well capable of utterly destroying Letty. If it weren't for Rumia and Wriggle she would be the easiest stage 1 boss overall. She have nothing compared to Yamame and Nazrin. I would mention Minoriko too but she is only hard when she decides to play bullshit with you.

Often, Letty's normal attacks pushed me to bottom of the screen. It was random, so sometimes i haven't had an escape route. Also, in my strategy, i had to withstood 5 wave of those normal attacks, without focusing. And it was stage 1, somehow my concentration was at its worst at stage 1(my bad). PCB lack of movement precision were also a huge contributing factor.

Yamame's first normal attack was also stupid, but it can be captured 100% eventually because it was always the same pattern (and no PCB button lag). Minoriko's last spell can be bombed for minimum score decrease, if she decides to play dirty. Wriggle is fun, and so does Rumia. I haven't fought many times with Nazrin.

Vile Lasagna

• Due to boredom
  • I'm mostly banned
« Reply #79 on: May 25, 2009, 10:10:04 AM »
Depending on the difficulty i would say that Marisa x Nitori against Satori isn't that bad. Except for Extending Arm. I have always hated that card. I am much better at it now yes but its still not fun one bit. If i had to pick a bad Satori match it would be Marisa x Alice vs Satori. The 1st recollection spell just seems so unfair.
I still think the worst one is Yukari recollection. Always sends shivers down my spine. But yeah, Nitori who is kinda trivial in her own game becomes really tough when used by Satori.

I dunno. Letty is really easy on normal but on H/L I always feel her last card becomes kinda tough. But yeah, if you're going for a score run why the hell are you troubled by the first boss?
rofl bye

Pako

• Forum pessimist, chatbox optimist
« Reply #80 on: May 25, 2009, 06:27:25 PM »
My first archnemesis is Ran, BECAUSE SHE TOOK ME A DAMN 170 TRIES.
Yukari took me 130 less tries.

And mine second archnemesis is: Koishi because she is the last extra boss I have to beat, Subterranean Rose is the biggest trouble maker in this case.

This shameful piece of shit was made by a certain Anonymous-Fairy, but is now deleted- bawwwww.

dustyjo

« Reply #81 on: May 29, 2009, 07:49:18 PM »
Kanako.

The game doesn't seem all that hard up until that point, then suddenly HOLY BALLS.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #82 on: May 30, 2009, 01:44:33 AM »
Recently my arch nemesis is more Youmu than Satori. Youmu's gotten much softer since I became serious about perfecting her and learning how to do most of her fight, but HELL GOD SWORD is terrible. It has ruined so many perfect runs it's worth making Youmu my arch nemesis.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Thyried

« Reply #83 on: June 03, 2009, 02:32:53 PM »
Aya. Or Momiji. Or even the whole stage 4 of MoF. Even with MarisaB, I always end up losing most of my life at stage 4.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 02:36:02 PM by Thyried »

Nuclear Fusion