Author Topic: Your Touhou Arch-Nemesis  (Read 39496 times)

DarkslimeZ

• A REIMU SLIME APPEARED.
  • COMMAND?
    • Eternal Temporality
Re: Your Touhou Arch-Nemesis
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2009, 02:27:18 AM »
My arch-nemeses are Patchoulli and Aya(MoF)(since I couldn't pick just one).

Patchoulli is a favorite character though, so it's hard to hate her. ;-;

[14:12] <~BoredTSO> you need to have enough fissile material in a certain density to reach supercriticality

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2009, 03:21:00 AM »
I accept your challenge.  I'll be back later.
Took me three tries to cap it again, man.  A few tries later, I capture both Youmu's midboss opener...and Components of Konpaku.

Yeah, I should really really really 1cc PCB Hard already.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

cleartailcat

• Idiot Shouta
  • Missing
« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2009, 05:11:40 AM »
cirno. on easy. everyone else is fine.

?lice Bl?ckb?rn

• The real Alice Blackbarn!
  • "OH DESIRE"
« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2009, 06:48:37 AM »
I am comically terrible at Imperishable Shooting.
Same here, actually.

I'd say PCB Alice, but after What The Hell runs against her I'm somewhat comfortable with her except for a couple of attacks (mainly her opener and Benevolent. Also the latter half of PCB stage 3).

So I'm going to go with:
- Midboss Chen/Ran's noncard
- Orin's boss opener
- Basically any attack where the colour differential between the bullets and the background is small enough such that I CAN'T SEE THE DAMN BULLETS. Basically my eyesight is not the best and I am comically bad at some attacks that everyone else finds trivial because my eyes fail to distinguish the bullets from the actual background :/
"Oh, great. Another game where I get screwed by Kilga." ~ Carthrat

theshirn

« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2009, 07:17:17 AM »
I am comically terrible at Imperishable Shooting.
Hey, I die at least a couple times every time I decide to try again on the first wave.  Still haven't captured it yet.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

AM

• You just ate!
« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2009, 07:50:53 AM »
Remilia. I always end up against red wall and get cornered. Hitbox patch helps a bit, but I still end up bombing half of her spellcards.

Most of Orin's spells are also total bullshit at harder levels.

Dragoshi

• Some sort of lurking trainwreck
  • May or may not exist. Possibly. Maybe.
« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2009, 07:54:32 AM »
SoEW Marisa

This. This so goddamned much. (Oddly enough, though, LLS Marisa isn't TOO bad for me, but... eh.)
All shall be well and all shall be well and all manner of things shall be well.

Kefit

• The Wild Draw Four of America
« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2009, 08:00:27 AM »
Mystia's final non-spellcard.

I mean seriously what the fuck.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 08:03:43 AM by Kefit »

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2009, 08:34:25 AM »
Ohhhh boy.

- Patchouli in EoSD. I must be the only player in history who has to bomb both Non-Directional Laser nonspells on pretty much EVERY run. It's annoying, because it's also one of the most entertaining fights in the game so I can't be THAT angry at it.
- The Prismrivers. Dear GOD, the Prismrivers.
- Marisa in IN. Why do they expect me to fit through gaps that freaking small on STAGE 4?
- Aya in MoF, but that happens with pretty much everyone.
- As has been mentioned by several people before, GODDAMN ORIN.

« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2009, 08:58:25 AM »
Sakuya's non-spell cards are Arch-Nemesis for me on Hard, especially when I've accumulated some rank.

Oh Sakuya ... now let's begin. Both of us sinners, let us dance the dance of death.
*Cut in Luna Dial*

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #40 on: April 28, 2009, 09:01:34 AM »
...what's wrong with Orin? She's quite easy (even at Hard Mode). Maybe that's just me though.

Regardless, Cirno @ Lunatic. That opening attack is... ... ...annoying. Guess I'll study it more.

Also, as a close second...

[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

Krimmydoodle

• We must apply more SCIENCE!
« Reply #41 on: April 28, 2009, 02:21:46 PM »

You have no idea how much better this post makes me feel.
Whether you're on Easy or you're a Lunatic, be damn proud of your accomplishments.  Don't let anyone convince you otherwise, for it's when you lose faith in your own achievements that those victories become defeats.

Prody

• (*'v'*) Creation
  • 『てめえら全員、ぶっ飛ばす!!』
    • Prody's other youtube channel
« Reply #42 on: April 28, 2009, 02:48:24 PM »
Definitely Cirno.

Because she always ruins my EoSD lunatic runs by casuing me to reset.
Prody's anime list! - Prody's favourite MADs on NicoDouga! - Me when steam trading
I wonder if anyone knows the true meaning of the last song in Nanairo?
the economy the economy the economy the economy

ghost333

• A retired Lunatic
« Reply #43 on: April 28, 2009, 03:18:08 PM »
So, so glad I'm not alone.
ADD ME too especially at her last spellcard.... i restarted a lot of times for losing a life there.

Adun

« Reply #44 on: April 28, 2009, 04:56:32 PM »
Let's see...
I have all these rages from Lunatic that fuck up my 1cc's.

EoSD: Sakuya in general (mostly Killing Doll), Remi's Scarlet Gensokyo and last non-spell (squeezing through fast moving red bubbles on Lunatic; I can't master that for some reason)

PCB: Gotta agree on Chen, everything Youmu

IN: Marisa's Asteroid Belt, Eirin's Apollo 13 (I fail at it)

MoF: Aya and Sanae (clipdeaths galore)

SA: Orin gave me trouble on Normal 1cc long ago, but not anymore. But I still dislike fighting her. Mostly Satori, but that depends on character type anywho.

UFO: Kogasa Tatara's 2nd spell card. Seriously. Her first spell can get ugly too if you are unlucky.

theshirn

« Reply #45 on: April 28, 2009, 08:12:33 PM »
Aya.

AYA!

GODDAMN AYA!

In my first (and strongest!) 1cc of PoFV, I died once to Shikieiki, no times to Komachi...and THREE TIMES to Aya.  Complete BS.

MoF Aya...I just unlocked the rest of Lunatic for practice today.  Aya is complete and utter crap, and Peerless Wind God pisses me off almost as much as Eternal Meek.  No, more.  Eternal Meek is a stage 6 midboss, at least.  PWG is a freakin' Stage 4 survival card of complete crap.

Omnifish

• One Fish To Rule Them All
« Reply #46 on: April 28, 2009, 08:22:11 PM »
Aya in MoF. I can beat Sanae and Kanako fairly reliably, but for some reason I always end up losing 2/3 lives to the tengu.

Vile Lasagna

• Due to boredom
  • I'm mostly banned
« Reply #47 on: April 28, 2009, 10:27:59 PM »
I'm not that bad at Aya herself (BOMBS AWAY!!!) but GODS that stage is bloody BS!
rofl bye

« Reply #48 on: April 29, 2009, 05:06:52 AM »
Icicle Fall - Easy. Before I knew the safespot (noob hugging the bottom), this spellcard killed me so damned much, because actually dodging those three waves of weird angled bullets is so much harder than anything else in stage 2. And yeah, it also made me feel like a total idiot.

And I have to practice it on Normal. I usually cap it, but I forgot when I can start moving up so I only have to dodge one wave.
"My friends are coming for Poker tonight. We will require Koolaid."

« Reply #49 on: May 07, 2009, 08:25:06 PM »
Non-directional laser.
Anyone's.

Oh, and Remilia, still.
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

« Reply #50 on: May 07, 2009, 09:25:03 PM »
Eh i mainly only play on normal, but uh:

Youmu
Marisa
Kaguya
Orin
All Extra Stage mid-bosses (Though I've pretty much figured out Sanae. Also strangely enough, Chen is harder than Ran for me)

Kanako Yasaka

« Reply #51 on: May 07, 2009, 09:33:10 PM »
Chen is harder than Ran.

Yukkuri

« Reply #52 on: May 07, 2009, 09:53:16 PM »
Chen is harder than Ran.
Not on extra stage. X_X

« Reply #53 on: May 07, 2009, 11:30:55 PM »
Ugh, Cirno on normal EoSD. Perfect freeze is so friggen random, I end up getting walled and smashed in the face with a ball. Or when they're white and they move in a random direction, I end up getting closed in on with no escape and die.

I also kinda hate 1st noncard and icicle fall but not as much as perfect freeze.

I swear, if Cirno wasn't in EoSD I would have 1cc'd it now. :(

Vile Lasagna

• Due to boredom
  • I'm mostly banned
« Reply #54 on: May 08, 2009, 12:01:30 AM »
Ugh, Cirno on normal EoSD. Perfect freeze is so friggen random, I end up getting walled and smashed in the face with a ball. Or when they're white and they move in a random direction, I end up getting closed in on with no escape and die.

I also kinda hate 1st noncard and icicle fall but not as much as perfect freeze.

I swear, if Cirno wasn't in EoSD I would have 1cc'd it now. :(

9 is the strongest, mate.

I actually find her hard spellcard (what's that, Frozen Columns? Or is that for PCB?) quite easier than Icicle Fall. I have a tough time with that one u.u
rofl bye

theshirn

« Reply #55 on: May 08, 2009, 04:28:18 AM »
9 is the strongest, mate.

I actually find her hard spellcard (what's that, Frozen Columns? Or is that for PCB?) quite easier than Icicle Fall. I have a tough time with that one u.u
Hailstorm.  Frost Columns is her PCB card.  And I prefer Hailstorm too.

« Reply #56 on: May 08, 2009, 05:31:31 AM »
After playing through SA again, I think I'm going to add Yamame to my shitlist.  Her opener is a big old pile of wtf, and her other attacks manage to pull a clipdeath on me every so often too.

For some reason, I always end up hating the stage 1/2 boss fights the most, as opposed to the later, more difficult ones.  Probably because by the end of a 1cc I've already fought those fights billions of times and have gotten sick of them.

KomeijiKoishi

« Reply #57 on: May 08, 2009, 06:36:18 PM »
One word:
Ayayayaya...

« Reply #58 on: May 10, 2009, 05:38:36 PM »
Orin. I turn into a bullet magnet whenever dat cat appears. The fact that I tend to fail horribly on Satori doesn't help, either.
Patchu also tends to like beating me. Why is it that Marisa's Non-directional Laser is much easier than Patchy's ones?
Youmu made me do some awesome stuff in the past, but I think I can go past her now.

Vile Lasagna

• Due to boredom
  • I'm mostly banned
« Reply #59 on: May 10, 2009, 06:20:58 PM »
Youmu made me do some awesome stuff in the past, but I think I can go past her now.

FFFFUUUUUUUUUU~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That was most definitely NOT your lucky day u.u
rofl bye