Author Topic: Your Touhou Arch-Nemesis  (Read 39429 times)

Vile Lasagna

• Due to boredom
  • I'm mostly banned
Your Touhou Arch-Nemesis
« on: April 27, 2009, 06:06:04 PM »
Sometimes, even though you believe you are playing quite well, there is one particular enemy against who everything seems to go wrong. The most ridiculous attacks bedazzle you, the simplest spellcards never get captured and "FFS, WHY ISN'T MY BLOODY BUTTON BOMB WORKING?!?!?!"
This is where you can rage about and/or beg for tips from those who can take down the beast that haunts you.

And since I'm starting, RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE @ Youmu in PCB. It's amazing, she kills me twice as much as Yuyuko and is being the greatest obstacle to my first good ending (Damn, I might end up killing Kaguya first if things stay like that). She's even worse than Stage 4, which seems to have terrible curse properties (with the bombs simply refusing to be used). I've been practising PCB stage 5 but sometimes I can barely make it through (Hell, you start the practice with max lives!). Curiously enough, I'm sort of getting the hang of most of her spells but, oh gods, her normal attack barrage... Those green and yellow balls are my absolute doom. It's a shame Marisa only gets two Sparks per life...
rofl bye

Re: Your Touhou Arch-Nemesis
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2009, 07:16:41 PM »
Orin Nah, probably Kaguya. Imperishable Night is a fun game, but when you're trying to break your high score and 300 million points is based on 5 spells that you can ALWAYS beat in spell practice but you ALWAYS mess up during runs...

Bleh.
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2009, 07:51:34 PM »
Satori hates me and everything I stand for. There's two reasons I'm never trying SA lunatic again: I want a better computer before I even consider it and I'm sick of Satori smacking life after life from my stock.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2009, 08:02:40 PM »
I get your feelings with Youmu. Its the same way with me. Except for me its the entirity of PCB that destroys me. The symptoms match at least. The simple spellcards get failed, the bomb button never works and in my case it feels as if the entire control scheme and movement speed are working against me. To top it off it feels as if its only PCB its happening in.

So discounting PCB i would say that my current arch-nemesis is Koishi. She always destroys me at Subterranean Rose and i'm pretty sure its difficulty is nothing compared to other stuff i have done. That spell as well as Super Ego and Embers of Love are keeping me away from victory. How i hate that phase of beating extra bosses. The "learning how spells work" phase. It isn't as necessary during a regular game as you can usually just bomb past a spellcard you don't understand and return to grind it out later when you feel like it.

I don't hate Koishi for it though. If i did that i would be a monster and a sore loser.

Vile Lasagna

• Due to boredom
  • I'm mostly banned
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2009, 08:19:41 PM »
You people are complaining but at least you have finished SA. I never got past Orin (and usually don't even get that far XD)
rofl bye

Drake

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2009, 08:43:21 PM »
I don't really have any particular troubles with any particular boss. Koishi, I guess.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Vile Lasagna

• Due to boredom
  • I'm mostly banned
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2009, 08:51:26 PM »
I don't really have any particular troubles with any particular boss.

Showoff  ;D
rofl bye

Drake

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2009, 08:56:44 PM »
I mean I don't specifically have troubles with one boss more than another.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2009, 08:59:30 PM »
I am comically terrible at Imperishable Shooting.

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2009, 09:18:51 PM »
Chen.  Some of the most rage-inducing danmaku I've ever had the displeasure of playing.  I've had to start over my runs so many times because of those mind-rape spell cards of hers, that whenever I hear that god-forsaken theme song I just want to punch something.  Even though her last spell has kinda grown on me.

I was also going to mention Marie from SSG, but after today, my grievances against her have been forgiven ;D.

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2009, 09:29:07 PM »
Nah, I'm changing mine following my attempts to play StB.

Remilia.
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2009, 09:46:19 PM »
Orin.....fuck you Orin........
oh, and fuck you Yugi

Kanako Yasaka

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2009, 09:46:29 PM »
SoEW Marisa
LLS Marisa

Gpop

« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2009, 09:47:37 PM »
I don't hate a boss. I hate myself for sucking so much.

Vile Lasagna

• Due to boredom
  • I'm mostly banned
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2009, 10:02:06 PM »
Chen.  Some of the most rage-inducing danmaku I've ever had the displeasure of playing.

What's that Lassie? Immortal Sage Rumbling is just bullshit?!?!

I don't hate a boss. I hate myself for sucking so much.

Well, yeah, that's sort of the point (with some exceptions (Orin)), but that doesn't change the boss' condition as your arch-nemesis.
"So, Sakuya... we meet again...**pshoom**"

rofl bye

nintendonut888

« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2009, 10:45:54 PM »
Oh, Chen too. Stupid little cat is way too difficult for stage 2, and it's very easy to screw up. Plus not only is Kimontonkou a really nasty and random spell card, but I always forget how to say it. :(
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2009, 10:50:54 PM »
Yeah, I personally find Kimontonkou and Pheonix Spread Wings to be almost just as hard as anything Alice throws at you in stage 3.  Nothing like having a 1/4 capture rate for stage 2 spells...

BTW, try dodging Immortal Sage's Rumbling by moving to the sides of the screen.  Bullets are less dense there.

AntKiller

« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2009, 11:14:32 PM »
All Reimu's.. since TH03...
I can't.. I just can't.. That bi***!
>.>
srsly, I see her and I totally freak out... haha
What?! Elly? Yuka? They are easy near Reimu's Rage!
Marisa on IN? pfft, easy...
but Reimu...

Quote from: Youmu
Reimu, kisama.. SORE DEMO NINGEN KA?!?!?!?

« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2009, 11:27:55 PM »
Chen.  Some of the most rage-inducing danmaku I've ever had the displeasure of playing.

Oh, Chen too. Stupid little cat is way too difficult for stage 2, and it's very easy to screw up.

So, so glad I'm not alone.

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2009, 11:31:17 PM »

Well, yeah, that's sort of the point (with some exceptions (Orin)), but that doesn't change the boss' condition as your arch-nemesis.
"So, Sakuya... we meet again...**pshoom**"
Hm, are you talking about Normal? If so, that's some pretty easy stuff. Now, Hard and Lunatic...FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-

Chen, and PCB Alice. That's pretty much it.

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2009, 11:51:02 PM »
Hm, are you talking about Normal? If so, that's some pretty easy stuff. Now, Hard and Lunatic...FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-

Chen, and PCB Alice. That's pretty much it.
QFAT.  (quoted for absolute truth)

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Vile Lasagna

• Due to boredom
  • I'm mostly banned
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2009, 11:55:55 PM »
Hm, are you talking about Normal?

There's no Rumbling on the other H and L. It's the one with the white small flake-thingies. I have a serious problem with those (none with the rest though).
But yeah, I'm still quite a noob struggling to get my first good ending. There's a high chance it'll be PCB, but I'll have to practise stage 5 a LOT
rofl bye

nintendonut888

« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2009, 11:58:25 PM »
Youmu's not so bad after you practice enough, except for rage inducing Hell God Sword and D: inducing Asura Sword.

Vile Lasagna

• Due to boredom
  • I'm mostly banned
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2009, 12:04:09 AM »
Youmu's not so bad after you practice enough, except for rage inducing Hell God Sword and D: inducing Asura Sword.

Swords are fine(ish), I just can't handle her balls XD
rofl bye

theshirn

« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2009, 12:25:59 AM »
Asura's really not that bad.  I mean, I capped it today.  It wasn't even ridiculous luck.

God's Flashing Slash is complete BS, though.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Mobius

« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2009, 12:27:58 AM »
Yuki & Mai have been ruining me lately. Weirdly, Yumeko barely bothers me. At least, not half as much as Sakuya... or Remilia... or anybody from EoSD except Rumia, Cirno, and China Meiling.

nintendonut888

« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2009, 12:29:29 AM »
Capturing something once doesn't mean much. I've captured really hard cards without much effort, then come back and be unable to capture for a long time.

Yuki & Mai have been ruining me lately. Weirdly, Yumeko barely bothers me. At least, not half as much as Sakuya... or Remilia... or anybody from EoSD except Rumia, Cirno, and China Meiling.

I suppose Yumeko could count considering how every run of MS basically boils down to how well you handle her, but she doesn't rape me any more than she does anybody else.

theshirn

« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2009, 02:09:51 AM »
Capturing something once doesn't mean much. I've captured really hard cards without much effort, then come back and be unable to capture for a long time.
I accept your challenge.  I'll be back later.

« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2009, 02:19:59 AM »
China and Patchy. I just don't get it :/

Mizuki-chan

« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2009, 02:25:09 AM »
Sakuya from EoSD it's just her knifes that come back at you from every where. I have to waste my bombs to clear her. Then I face Remila and then die really fast.