Topic: My first lunatic 1cc  (Read 400 times)

Dreamleaf

• Nickname: Dreamer
My first lunatic 1cc
« on: March 08, 2019, 03:08:57 am »
After picking up my first bullet hell game in September and not even being able to beat PCB on easy with continues I just got my first lunatic 1cc in Phantasmagoria for a Flower View with Medicine Melancholy :') It definitely took some work and a whole lot of attempts, but it actually wasn't as bad as I was expecting. Got to say, I'm genuinely feeling pretty proud right about now.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2019, 03:12:38 am by Dreamleaf »

ShadowWaltz

• Neophyte
  • Nickname: SharkByte399
Re: My first lunatic 1cc
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2019, 05:06:31 pm »
Nice! Personally I've Only 1cc'd PoDD with Mima.....working on Imperishable Night!

Lunatic_Reimu

• No Bomb Enthusiast
  • Nickname: Lunatic :D
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2019, 08:53:49 am »
Well done :D Keep it up, the more you play, the more you'll start getting accustomed to bullet hell, especially the more patterns you start facing. There is a wonderful world of Touhou to enjoy with lots to offer and experience ;) Wishing you the best in your future endeavours :)

Ranko

• Nickname: Nicky
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2019, 07:20:32 am »
Amazing work!

Dreamleaf

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2019, 04:38:20 am »
Well done :D Keep it up, the more you play, the more you'll start getting accustomed to bullet hell, especially the more patterns you start facing. There is a wonderful world of Touhou to enjoy with lots to offer and experience ;) Wishing you the best in your future endeavours :)

Thank you! I love how the better and more confident you get with the series the more it feels like the series opens up. Kind of feel like despite how much time I've dedicated to this series that I've still only just scratched the surface you know?

Lunatic_Reimu

• No Bomb Enthusiast
  • Nickname: Lunatic :D
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2019, 11:21:37 am »
Thank you! I love how the better and more confident you get with the series the more it feels like the series opens up. Kind of feel like despite how much time I've dedicated to this series that I've still only just scratched the surface you know?
Yes I definitely agree with you. The series will open up more to you, the more confident you get, the more you'll start feeling like certain goals are achievable and within your reach, which you wouldn't have thought possible before. When I experienced my first Lunatic run, it felt claustrophobic, not even comfortable being in the playing field, now it feels just like home :)

Ahh I understand that about feeling like you've barely scratched the surface. A lot of time and effort goes into clearing the games and hitting certain achievements (like No Bomb runs, Perfect Stage Practice, etc, and as noted, your first Lunatic 1cc :D), and with so many Touhou games, it could feel overwhelming. But keep at it, you sound like you've got quite a drive and motivation for it, so good things will come your way if you keep trying.

As a side note: Spend time reading pages in the Touhouwiki, like character profiles and locations. You will get more immersed with the games finding out more things about the characters and the stages you're traversing through ;) Backstory about these things is interesting and breathes more life into the series :)

Wishing you the best of luck with your future endeavours ;) Keep it up :)

Dreamleaf

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2019, 11:03:48 pm »
Yes I definitely agree with you. The series will open up more to you, the more confident you get, the more you'll start feeling like certain goals are achievable and within your reach, which you wouldn't have thought possible before. When I experienced my first Lunatic run, it felt claustrophobic, not even comfortable being in the playing field, now it feels just like home :)

Ahh I understand that about feeling like you've barely scratched the surface. A lot of time and effort goes into clearing the games and hitting certain achievements (like No Bomb runs, Perfect Stage Practice, etc, and as noted, your first Lunatic 1cc :D), and with so many Touhou games, it could feel overwhelming. But keep at it, you sound like you've got quite a drive and motivation for it, so good things will come your way if you keep trying.

As a side note: Spend time reading pages in the Touhouwiki, like character profiles and locations. You will get more immersed with the games finding out more things about the characters and the stages you're traversing through ;) Backstory about these things is interesting and breathes more life into the series :)

Wishing you the best of luck with your future endeavours ;) Keep it up :)

I spend a great deal of time reading up on the wiki as well as the Touhou TV tropes page. It really does add a lot more to the experience to try to take in the story, characters and lore more. I even bought the entire Forbidden Scrollery manga (minus the last volume which isn't out yet here) and am currently in the process of reading it  :D I'll pretty much just absorb any bit of info I can find on the series even if it's just simple interviews with ZUN or fun facts and tidbits on the music and whatnot.

Still cracks me up how quickly you can go from "this is impossible. I'll never do this" to "hey, maybe this isn't so bad" to "this is a walk in the park" with this series. It's why even when I'm being slaughtered horribly learning something new I always try to remind myself that it's never as bad as it looks.

I have like 50 different goals going with this series right now, and that certainly keeps me motivated. The real trick is trying to figure out which goals to focus on first since I have no doubt some of them will require more time and effort then anything I've currently done in the series yet.

And thanks again! I honestly don't see myself burning out with this series for a long, looong time :)

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Theme based on ModernDark64 design by BlocWeb
Page created in 0.065 seconds with 40 queries.