Author Topic: MotK 3: Dead Townies [Day 2]  (Read 68046 times)

Re: MotK 3: Dead Townies [Day 1]
« Reply #90 on: December 21, 2018, 12:08:08 AM »
Monsieur Raikaria, I fear dze point you may have addressed may counter dze post I just made, how-eh-Vehr, I will stand by my action.

Dzat iz to say, Dze point of 'ow we are in-no-dan-ger of dze day ending earleah.

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #91 on: December 21, 2018, 12:24:39 AM »
Also OOC question due to the game starting late:

Extended Night Phase for the 25th/26th?

> implying I'd be on to run the game during Christmas Eve

Granted, my friend!

« Reply #92 on: December 21, 2018, 12:35:02 AM »
I like how Zak says mon cherry because now I can copy it because cherry is a fruit.

##Unvote since Dormio isn't the biggest problem here anymore

Honestly my initial reaction to BT voting Serela was "ok wtf are you doing" and I wanted to change my vote to him, but honestly Serela's reactionary voting (in response to Dormio and then to BT) is almost as bad. I've been mulling over the two of them for a while now and lsdkla;jfdla

##Unvote
##Vote BT

this is what I feel in my heart right now. I think I'd be ok with changing my vote to Serela too but the problem is I'm not totally ok with everyone who's voting Serela (plus SB who hasn't posted beyond his first post yet) which makes me less ok with changing my vote to Serela, if that makes sense?

« Reply #93 on: December 21, 2018, 12:36:00 AM »
i unvoted twice not by accident but because i wanted to spite bard *blows raspberry*

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #94 on: December 21, 2018, 12:40:23 AM »
I dislike PX for the same reason as not liking BT! PX's is objectively worse but w/e I don't like either of them!

I don't understand how Polaris can have the exact same reaction to BT's vote on me, and vote him over it... while thinking my identical vote looks bad! That doesn't make SENSE! ;_; I'm such a good person, once I self-vote in lylo to save everyone from drudgery of waiting out the day!
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #95 on: December 21, 2018, 12:50:36 AM »
serela, mon cherry, you're already showing a pattern of reactionary "responding only to people that suspect you"

(insert that one maizono face where she looks concerned but it's almost like fake concern, i feel like that would apply here)

...i mean i guess that's fair because it's like half the game lmao. any thoughts on raikaria or zak?

« Reply #96 on: December 21, 2018, 12:58:41 AM »
i don't actually care about raikaria or zak but I feel like the best progression of the game rn would be for serela to Talk A Lot, because then it would help me analyze serela + it would force everyone on his wagon to update their cases on him, allowing me to analyze them too so how about them apples

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #97 on: December 21, 2018, 01:06:28 AM »
Raikaria looks 100% fine, Zak's posts are kind of bare which isn't great but unlike px/bt I don't think his vote looks actively scummy, so he could still go either way, solidly neutral/not enough to form a read. Confirming to your demands makes me such a good person!
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #98 on: December 21, 2018, 01:57:21 AM »
well that didn't really help. where's serious bananas

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #99 on: December 21, 2018, 04:29:25 AM »
Firstly, I would like to thank the moderator for the additions of articles 1 [10], 2 [11], and 3 [12]. Now, moving onto more pressing matters, I would again like to address Serela. Disregarding Serela's first serious vote on myself [9b] being terrible in and of itself, his second serious vote [13] is yet another OMGUS vote.
Also, before I continue, I feel the need to correct Raikaria and Serela regarding their posts [14] [15] that a set number for majorities and the concept of a hammer does not exist for the purposes of this game as per rule 5. [16]
With regards to Serela, I am of the opinion that whilst Serela is a terrible person for being unable to follow the basic rules that have been laid out for us by the moderator in order to maintain a civil discussion. However, I am also of the opinion that this does not necessarily doom Serela to the pits of hell.
Serela certainly does himself no favors with his most recent post [17] wherein he states a series of opinions with minimal justification for aforementioned opinions and his overall play leaves a lot to be desired, but despite this my professional opinion is that Serela's behaviors can be explained through stupidity and negligence as opposed to malicious intent.

Whilst this would be where I would normally place an unvote, in accordance with article 3 [12], I shall abstain from this action as the moderator has deemed it unnecessary.
##Vote: BT

Following my previous line of questioning towards BT [18a] [18b], his vote on SB [6] seems quite lazy to me. His followup vote on Serela [19] further builds this sentiment that BT is not actively attempting to find the traitors in our midst that would prefer to live in a world without rules to govern our behaviors and instead looking for easy targets for the lynch.
PX's behaviors [20] also display a similar level of apathy however given that he has only made the one post he may still be acting within rule 3 [1] and so I intend on pursuing this line of thought at a later time.

[1] 3. Every first post must contain a ##VOTE: on a living player.
[6] I'm a rogue. Wanna see what I can do to you with a tongue depresser? Because that's what you're gonna get for being third on the wagon.
[9b] I also ##Vote:Dormio for immense drudgery, I forgot how wonderful you are!
[10] Persons registered for a forum account at the domain "shrinemaiden.org" and its associated domains have the right to become a "Player" in the game "Mafia of the Kaleidoscope" hosted by Bardiche, hereafter referred to as "Moderator." All following articles apply to all persons who have become "Players" in the game, by submitting a registration accepted by the Moderator, unless otherwise determined by the "Role PM", containing all relevant role information.
[11] Every Player has the right to submit a post on the message board hosted at "shrinemaiden.org", in the topic numbered 21626, otherwise known as the "game thread." Such posts may only be made during the 48 hours referred to as "Day Phase" per the rules submitted by the Moderator. Exceptions apply only if and in case of such clauses being made available in the "Rules." If not otherwise determined, this article automatically applies.
[12] Dormio is a dick and this is why we cannot have fun things. I don't need unvotes, I'm a big boy and I can count votes.
[13] Actually, seriously, why is this? BT just threw a fourth vote on me with nothing more than "let's see what this does!" He had more of a reason to vote Polly but he didn't feel like it, so he jumped on the big fat bandwagon literally Just Because! Hmmmmm...
[14] As someone has said to me at confessionals before, one would have to be a fool to panic about being at L-1 so early into D1. A scum quickhammer would basically be throwing the game away for them.
[15] W-wait, how did I suddenly end up at majority minus one?
[16] 5. Town is NOT required to reach a majority to Lynch. At the end of the Day, all votes are tallied and whoever has the most votes will be killed! There is no "hammer" vote, i.e. the Day will not end due to having a majority of votes on someone.
[17] Raikaria looks 100% fine, Zak's posts are kind of bare which isn't great but unlike px/bt I don't think his vote looks actively scummy, so he could still go either way, solidly neutral/not enough to form a read. Confirming to your demands makes me such a good person!
[18a] In addition to my prior request to the moderator [5], I request that BT also provide a response regarding his post [6]. I wish for clarification on whether the referred post [6] is one that you have submitted as a serious vote or if you wish to waive that vote by quoting rule 3 [1].
[18b] Sure it was.
[19] Let's see what this pill does.
[20] Serela your responses are not helping so I shall be here to help instead! (...) Now let's see how many people aren't paying attention to the game

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #100 on: December 21, 2018, 07:18:50 AM »
Due to the rushed nature of my prior post, and acting in accordance with rule 11 [21], this post has been created to amend the following statements from the prior post:
  • Firstly, I would like to thank the moderator for the additions of articles 1 [10], 2 [11], and 3 [12] in order to facilitate a more civilized discussion among peers.
  • With regards to Serela, I am of the opinion that whilst Serela is a terrible person for being unable to follow the basic rules that have been laid out for us by the moderator in order to maintain a civil discussion, I am also of the opinion that this does not necessarily doom Serela to the pits of hell.

[21] 11. Don't edit your posts.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #101 on: December 21, 2018, 07:40:25 AM »
ActionDan's confessions to me appear to be in order, although the town-ring from Polly [Who's Polly? I forgot who's nickname that was] is curious and a useful confession.
Pollykins is Polaris, sweetie.

While I would like a more... explanatory explanation from Zakeri, I must confess myself that BT is suspct of sin for the same reason as PX according to the Good Book. My decision to vote for the latter was merely spurred by recency. PX's nonsense occurred later into play than BT's.

I say Amen to Zakeri saying something seems a little off regarding BT. Although I cannot say Amen to non-existent reasoning.
Here I gotta ask, though. PX's votes, my vote and Zak's were all sorta similar, we didn't enunciate word-by-word why we're voting the person. But, I mean, you can try reading the posts to make sense of them:

PX says he doesn't like Serela's responses under pressure:

Serela your responses are not helping so I shall be here to help instead!

##Vote: Serela

Now let's see how many people aren't paying attention to the game
Mine was a pressure vote, but I was also surprised by how little Serela had to say at that point. I mean, voting the guy who just immediately voted and not saying anything else is... pretty nondescript:

##Unvote

Let's see what this pill does.
Go on... have anything else to share with your friends at the pediatric intensive care unit?
Zak's vote was actually the most cryptic:

Oh my, Oh me, My petite mon cherry is pushed to ze edge.

I am beginning to sense something zat is, how you say, mah-leh-fique?

##Unvote: Polaris
##Vote: BT

He says he senses something but that can be a substitute for anything.

So here's my diagnosis: Zak is allowed to vote really cryptic like, why are PX and I not?

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #102 on: December 21, 2018, 07:41:46 AM »
That's not a diagnosis. Guess it's more quality time with the defibrillator for me.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #103 on: December 21, 2018, 07:43:25 AM »
Monsieur Raikaria, I fear dze point you may have addressed may counter dze post I just made, how-eh-Vehr, I will stand by my action.

Dzat iz to say, Dze point of 'ow we are in-no-dan-ger of dze day ending earleah.
Do you want the defibrillator? Because I just checked and it's running fine.

Is your reason seriously that you thought we were running Serela up to hammerzone? And then you figured out there's no hammerzone, but you kept the vote anyway?

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #104 on: December 21, 2018, 07:45:40 AM »

Honestly my initial reaction to BT voting Serela was "ok wtf are you doing" and I wanted to change my vote to him, but honestly Serela's reactionary voting (in response to Dormio and then to BT) is almost as bad. I've been mulling over the two of them for a while now and lsdkla;jfdla
this is what I feel in my heart right now. I think I'd be ok with changing my vote to Serela too but the problem is I'm not totally ok with everyone who's voting Serela (plus SB who hasn't posted beyond his first post yet) which makes me less ok with changing my vote to Serela, if that makes sense?
It makes sense. Serela's labyrinthitis is worse than the people voting him, though...

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #105 on: December 21, 2018, 07:50:18 AM »
(insert that one maizono face where she looks concerned but it's almost like fake concern, i feel like that would apply here)

Which one do you prefer? Your results will be kept under medical confidentiality.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #106 on: December 21, 2018, 08:01:42 AM »
I thought for sure Serela has stage 3 testicular cancer, his posts were reactionary and don't convey a want to engage in the game, but the latest posts seem more relaxed under pressure. After reading them the second time...

##Unvote
##Vote: Zakerei

Methinks the suspicious people may be in the sidelines.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #107 on: December 21, 2018, 08:06:54 AM »
For those of you who enjoy skimming your posts almost as much as I enjoy formication:

I'm voting Zak because it seemed like he disliked the Serela wagon (and the late joiners on it) because of vote tallies (hence his vote) but then he figured out vote tallies don't matter as much as they usually do and then proceeded to do fuck all and leave.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #108 on: December 21, 2018, 09:41:35 AM »
Now that I have some more time available to myself, I shall create a post further detailing my thoughts on PX and BT from my prior post [22] as necessitated by BT's recent stream of posts which shall be referred to within the appendix as necessary.
The first statement that I wish to address is BT's initial argument against Zakeri [23a]. What I find interesting about the argument presented within this post [23] is that he argues with the people attacking him by stating that WHMZakeri is guilty of the same crimes that he has committed and appears to be affected more by the fact that WHMZakeri is not being prosecuted for committing the same crimes as himself rather than the fact that he has been accused of a crime himself.
Now, this is simple speculation on my part, but I am still presenting the following statement as part of my case: I believe that the above speculation suggests that BT is not mounting a defense against the accusations surrounding himself as he holds a guilty conscience and is instead focused on searching for a scapegoat onto which he can push the blame.
This speculation on my behalf is supported by BT's next post [23b] explaining why he is voting for WHMZakeri. Within this post, there is no mention of why WHMZakeri should be voted for as opposed to himself or PX, the two mentioned within BT's prior post [23a]. I believe that this failure to address this issue supports my speculation that BT is searching for a scapegoat to push the blame onto rather than actively searching for those who would disregard the rules of civil conduct.

Secondly with regards to PX as others, including myself, have already mentioned [23a] [24a] [24b] [25] [26] PX's conduct has been less than what most would deem satisfactory. I, therefore, submit a formal request to PX that he provide clarification with regards to his actions lest he face charges of criminal negligence.

[22]Following my previous line of questioning towards BT [18a] [18b], his vote on SB [6] seems quite lazy to me. His followup vote on Serela [19] further builds this sentiment that BT is not actively attempting to find the traitors in our midst that would prefer to live in a world without rules to govern our behaviors and instead looking for easy targets for the lynch. PX's behaviors [20] also display a similar level of apathy however given that he has only made the one post he may still be acting within rule 3 [1] and so I intend on pursuing this line of thought at a later time.
[23a] So here's my diagnosis: Zak is allowed to vote really cryptic like, why are PX and I not?
[23b] I'm voting Zak because it seemed like he disliked the Serela wagon (and the late joiners on it) because of vote tallies (hence his vote) but then he figured out vote tallies don't matter as much as they usually do and then proceeded to do fuck all and leave.
[24a] Oh the other hand, subterfuge and timewasteing are not appreciated in the confessional booth. We should be attempting to help each other root out the sin. Not posting meaningless prattle halfway through this first most Holy Day. Lurking in the shadows because you have nothing to say is one thing. Actively spouting unhelpful nonsense is quite another
[24b] While I would like a more... explanatory explanation from Zakeri, I must confess myself that BT is suspct of sin for the same reason as PX according to the Good Book. My decision to vote for the latter was merely spurred by recency. PX's nonsense occurred later into play than BT's.
[25] I dislike PX for the same reason as not liking BT! PX's is objectively worse but w/e I don't like either of them!
[26] PX's behaviors [20] also display a similar level of apathy however given that he has only made the one post he may still be acting within rule 3 [1] and so I intend on pursuing this line of thought at a later time.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #109 on: December 21, 2018, 09:46:49 AM »
In addition, I shall reference Polaris' earlier post [27] and submit a formal request for SB to provide clarification regarding his actions as his prior posts [28] [29] have been non-conducive to the continuation of the game as well and may be construed as negligence if action is not taken.

[27] well that didn't really help. where's serious bananas
[28] And here you can see the Serela, flailing around in its natural habitat. Unlike most animals, the Serela holds the unique prestige of being neither a Carnivore, Herbivore or Omnivore. Instead, the species sustains itself with references to Captain Planet and eating four crayons a day (but not purple ones, they don't digest as well as the others).
[29] Please keep your hands inside the vehicle at all times, BT.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #110 on: December 21, 2018, 09:58:10 AM »
Dormio, that's confusing. I didn't tell anyone on my wagon to vote Zak over me. Neither did I tell that to Raikaria, and he wasn't even on my wagon. What you think is shift blaming is me trying to talk to Rai and get a read on him..

You do make a point about why aren't I voting PX, but, well, I think his vote on Serela is better than Zak's vote on me, so don't sternutate just yet. You can see post #101 for why I think that's the case. If you're looking for why Zak over me or PX, that's literally what I explain in that post.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #111 on: December 21, 2018, 10:01:46 AM »
The other person I considered voting over Zakerei was Dan because he's another person I think isn't trying to engage hard enough and may have had an option to post more content but didn't. Nasogastric tube.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #112 on: December 21, 2018, 10:03:43 AM »
[/b]##Unvote
##Vote: Zakeri[/b]

That's not how you spell that name.
D E F I B R I L L A T O R

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #113 on: December 21, 2018, 10:04:42 AM »
##Unvote
##Vote: Zakeri

D E F I B R I L L A T O R

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #114 on: December 21, 2018, 11:38:54 AM »
So here's my diagnosis: Zak is allowed to vote really cryptic like, why are PX and I not?

I have arose on this most Holy... afternoon I guess of the Day. Even the divine agents need shuteye.

You may have missed it, my child, but I did pressure Zakeri for more information on his vote. Does this not suggest I was displeased? I stated I could not agree with Zakeri's reasoning, after all.

I but only have a single vote. I am but only one shepherd of the Lord. I simply kept my vote on PX because he has yet to contribute anything meaningful at all to these confessionals. Zakeri, at least, has given a townread. My accusation of PX being unhelpful largely stemmed from his re-vote upon the same person, and the statement

Indicating his vote was intended to confuse. Sowing seeds of discord among this most holy town is not a thing that can be approved of by the Lord. And in such an early stage of the game, that I felt was significant enough to at least chase.

I hope that answers your query, my child. I simply saw PX as the worst of the three. And as of yet, I have yet to see anything of PX to indicate he is a useful member of this congregation, and not a serpent sent by the Devil to poison us.

Also, before I continue, I feel the need to correct Raikaria and Serela regarding their posts [14] [15] that a set number for majorities and the concept of a hammer does not exist for the purposes of this game as per rule 5. [16]

I understand you are doing your duty, my child; but I had already noticed and corrected that mistake in an earlier post, and even pointed it out as a mistake caused by habit.

I point this out primarily because I decided to re-read your posts. Several times. Due to this statement.

Dormio, that's confusing. I didn't tell anyone on my wagon to vote Zak over me. Neither did I tell that to Raikaria, and he wasn't even on my wagon. What you think is shift blaming is me trying to talk to Rai and get a read on him..

I don't see any direct implication from Dormio that I specifically was being encouraged to switch vote onto Zakeri. This is a line of interaction which I feel I should pay close attention to from here on forth. The confessional booth is always open after all. Unless it's in use, naturally.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #115 on: December 21, 2018, 11:45:03 AM »
Also; I can see you at the back of the chior. I can see you are not praising His name.

Open your mouths and confess; the Lord implores you, Zakeri, SB, PX, ActionDan. The more confessions I hear, the more I have to make a judgement upon.

And those who do not sing His praises are suspect for their silence. It is, after all, a common mistake by us imperfect beings to fight among our vocal selves while the true threat lets us weaken each other from the shadows. It could be, and likely is, that the members of this congregation who are at least making attempts to find the sinners are all Children of the Lord.

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #116 on: December 21, 2018, 11:48:09 AM »
Quote from: PX on December 20, 2018, 10:58:22 pm

Serela your responses are not helping so I shall be here to help instead!

Mine was a pressure vote, but I was also surprised by how little Serela had to say at that point. I mean, voting the guy who just immediately voted and not saying anything else is... pretty nondescript:

I find this quote from BT, and then the follow-up comment most... strange. Last I checked, the two-letter named people were not one and the same.

Could it be a slip of a forked tongue of a snake, suggesting some form of collaberation? A genuine mistake? I would like some clarifying confessions regarding this.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #117 on: December 21, 2018, 11:54:58 AM »
...No, you just read the post wrong. I talked about PX, quoted PX, then talked about myself, and quoted myself. Cool your coccyx.

SB

• You are good people
  • Even Dormio
« Reply #118 on: December 21, 2018, 01:59:36 PM »
well that didn't really help. where's serious bananas

As you can see to your left... I was doing uni work and forgot to post tbh.

SB

• You are good people
  • Even Dormio
« Reply #119 on: December 21, 2018, 02:07:17 PM »
VOTECOUNT
SB (1): ActionDan, BT
Dormio (0): BT, Serela, Polaris
Polaris (0): Raikaria, WHMZakeri
PX (0): Polaris, Raikaria
ActionDan (0): Serela, Raikaria
Serela (3): PX, SB, BT
BT (4): Polaris, Serela, WHMZakeri, Polaris, Dormio (L-1!)

End of Day 1 Timer

To apologise for the late arrival of your tour guide, please take this free votecount (also bc I kind of need it to figure things out).