Author Topic: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai  (Read 224839 times)

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
« Reply #840 on: March 15, 2019, 12:05:21 AM »
> "Why are you trying to break in to our world?"
> "You're another heretic aren't you?"

> Be ready to reach for Moonlight Ray
>Let's not be too confrontational yet.

>"A Shrine Maiden? I didn't think Makai had any shrine maidens? Are you a priestess of Shinki?"
>Prepare to dodge if the makaiian attacks while we try to talk.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #841 on: March 15, 2019, 12:17:45 AM »
// Perform Evil_Nazgul0616's actions instead
// Still perform the actions not quoted in Evil_Nazgul0616's post (putting Daiyousei down and forming barrier around her and also correcting miss phantom on Flandre's species)

// I doubt it's Shinki, as I think this violates the treaty, and she's careful about it
// I was confrontational because she's already hurt Daiyousei

Branneg Xy

• ^UP http://www.miyasuke.net/flash/yuyugohan.html ^
    • (FREE) LINKEDIN PROFILE
« Reply #842 on: March 15, 2019, 02:58:11 AM »
// A new player, welcome!

> Don't do that.  We don't trust her, our alliance is with Shinki and Marisa was one of the Makai invaders [in Mystic Square].  She and Reimu have greeted us in the past with a laser and gohei to the face (respectively), whereas Shinki is very friendly and helped us.

// Marisa likes to work solo and stated on Youkai mountain she doesn't want anyone getting in her way [Thread 1 Post #214] and seems to only refer to us as "small-fry" so the only thing we'll end up doing is getting in her way.  Also Rumia is smart enough to figure out what Marisa means by "borrowing" and realizes that Patchouli would not want to team up with her.

// I'll give a brief summary of what we've done since the last GM Summary but I suggest reading through the whole thread to figure out the personality we've established for Rumia (Meta stuff deducted by the players but not explicitly stated is in [] brackets). 
Raikaria feel free to reuse the summary (or parts of it) for the upcoming new thread (Change 'we' to 'you' to fit the style of the current summaries)
(Spoilers if you haven't read the thread up to this point!)// Let me know if I missed anything, I'll edit it in

// Well,My reply was aimed to expose Rumia & Co. as little as possible,to on one hand getting an eventual positive offer ,or  reinforced neutrality,out of Marisa and on the other to  both gauge her reactions,learn something new and throw her off . However,I mainly thank you kindly for welcoming me(occasional player :D ) and for the most useful 2nd thread recap  :)!
1 Question about it : I am reading too much into it or Marisa did not go as far as claiming that "Creation/Creative Magic is pointless" but instead consider it as totally secondary to the much preferable "Destructive/Explosive Magic" ? //

> In what manner is her hair identical to a large amount of her Shrine Maiden outfit?
> Anything else that stands out like a goehi,seals,a lingering feeling of power,aura or similar?
> If she ever starts attacking or is preparing to,be ready to both dodge putting some distance from the others and reach for Moonlight Ray.

// Who could it be ? It could be https://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Konngara ,but " ..her hair being identical to a large amount of her outfit(somewhat like a Shrine maiden)..." suggests an higher chance of https://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/YuugenMagan with the "Evil Eyes" hidden //
« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 03:19:12 AM by Branneg Xy »
^^^^ http://www.miyasuke.net/flash/yuyugohan.html  " 西行寺幽々子の強奪!!隣の晩御飯 " ->>>
" Yuyuko Saigyouji 's "Uslurpation" !! Dinner is Next ".
( Possibilities of ENGrish ) ^^^^ .

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #843 on: March 15, 2019, 03:15:14 AM »
//Definitely ain't Konn. She's affiliated with Hell, not Makai.

//Eh, Yuugenmagan is a bit too eldritch to be a candidate IMO.

//Though I do wonder if she's possibly affiliated with a certain angel, because Sariel does live in a "fallen shrine".

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #844 on: March 15, 2019, 03:33:04 AM »
// I don't think YuugenMagan can hide the eyes as they project the figure, however she can hide the figure by not projecting it

// We have encountered phantoms like this before and they are most likely the "shadow figures" this whole incident has been about, Mystia was attacked by one, we saw a picture Aya took of one in the newspaper and Louise was briefly like this before fully materializing in Gensokyo when we first met her.
// The Hakurei Barrier makes it difficult for people to break in to Gensokyo directly without using a portal and hence most appear as a ghost or shadow figure

// Sariel maybe, but unlikely.  I do hope she's featured in the quest though!

Branneg Xy

• ^UP http://www.miyasuke.net/flash/yuyugohan.html ^
    • (FREE) LINKEDIN PROFILE
« Reply #845 on: March 15, 2019, 04:13:41 AM »
// Truthful observations.This phantom is not fully materialized,and not going to let her if not a benevolent one, but still seems a lot more stable so we are going to see.
A shrine maiden/priestess of Sariel(the Fallen shrine in Makai)?It is defintely a possibility,but that would mean Sariel and her are opposing Shinki to a yet-to-confirm-extent (Heretics?) . She would either be an original character or a known (new outfit),as long as from Makai. The only one left somehow resembling "  somewhat like a shrine maiden with hair identical to a large part of her outfit" would be the 2nd form of (PC-98 Hakurei Shrine Gate-Keeper of the Routes to Makai and Hell) https://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Shingyoku ,although it should have firstly moved from the Hakurei Shrine to Makai for quite the time(beginnings of PC-98)  to be it .
 Sooner or certainly later we are to encounter directly on indirectly those 4 characters and original ones affiliated/involved
 Oh,ust a reminder about a clarification about " Recap of 2nd Thread" :I am reading too much into it or Marisa did not go as far as claiming that "Creation/Creative Magic is pointless" but instead consider it as totally secondary to the much preferable "Destructive/Explosive Magic" ? //.
^^^^ http://www.miyasuke.net/flash/yuyugohan.html  " 西行寺幽々子の強奪!!隣の晩御飯 " ->>>
" Yuyuko Saigyouji 's "Uslurpation" !! Dinner is Next ".
( Possibilities of ENGrish ) ^^^^ .

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #846 on: March 15, 2019, 07:21:45 AM »
// Clarification on recap: Marisa doesn't think highly of barrier/boundary/seal magic because its not her style, she likes flashy laser/fire/explosive magic.  She's not opposed to the idea of youkai using it to create, she just finds the idea odd according to Raikaria. 

// The reason Rumia wants to use those types of magic is because she has a natural talent for barriers (being able to form them without spells) and boundaries (light and darkness).  She also wants to use her talents for something good instead of just satiating her appetite like she did in the past because she feels guilty over it after finding out her ribbon is a seal and Shinki suggesting its possible you "were a very naughty girl before"

// Also Rumia didn't always feel as guilty about her past diet, she mostly changed her ways out of respect (and fear) of the rules.  Previously in fact Rumia threatened to eat Mayina multiple times (she wasn't too serious about this) and had thoughts of going back to her old ways in Makai since there's no Spell Card Rules there.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #847 on: March 15, 2019, 10:21:01 AM »
> Put Daiyousei down and form a protective barrier around her

> "Daemon?  She's not a daemon, she's a vampire and we're all Youkai!"
> "Why are you trying to break in to our world?"
> "You're another heretic aren't you?"

> Be ready to reach for Moonlight Ray

> You put Daiyousei down, although you're unsure how useful one of your barriers would be in protecting against a serious attack.

> "Vampires, as you call them, are a type of deamon." the figure says calmly. "Their race originates from Makai."

> The Phantom does not respond to your query.

>"A Shrine Maiden? I didn't think Makai had any shrine maidens? Are you a priestess of Shinki?"
>Prepare to dodge if the makaiian attacks while we try to talk.

> The phantom does not answer this line of questioning either. Instead, she keeps looking at everyone gathered, specifically the three Flandres.

> In what manner is her hair identical to a large amount of her Shrine Maiden outfit?
> Anything else that stands out like a goehi,seals,a lingering feeling of power,aura or similar?
> If she ever starts attacking or is preparing to,be ready to both dodge putting some distance from the others and reach for Moonlight Ray.

> It is the same shade of Blue, indicateing it is the same, or similar, color in reality.

> She appears to have nothing like a Gohei. It does however look like she's either wearing a very large belt of sorts or is hiding something around her waist.

> The air feels a little... tingly. Nothing major. It's also cold but you're fairly sure that one is thanks to Cirno.

[I am not going to comment on identity speculation]

> The phantom speaks again. Their voice almost disinterested.

> "There are only copies here. The original must be elsewhere." the phantom states. "I would advise you to cease your interference, if you wish to live."

> The phantom fades away.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #848 on: March 15, 2019, 01:08:31 PM »
> "She's after Flandre!  Quick we have to find the last one!"
> "Lets not all stand in one place!  We make an easy target of sealing circles and other magic!"
> "If what she said was true, how did Makaian daemons get to the outside world?  Isn't that where you came from, Flandre?  Unless this happened before the barrier was created..."

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #849 on: March 15, 2019, 02:38:30 PM »
> "She's after Flandre!  Quick we have to find the last one!"
> "Lets not all stand in one place!  We make an easy target of sealing circles and other magic!"
> "If what she said was true, how did Makaian daemons get to the outside world?  Isn't that where you came from, Flandre?  Unless this happened before the barrier was created..."

> "Mystia went off in the opposite direction from where we just came from!" Wriggle says.

> "She's after the primary?" the Flandres say together. "The power is divided between us in this state. She'll be far weaker than usual. Sis also says we shouldn't break people... I'd get in trouble if we broke someone on our first time out... she'd never let me out..."

> You encourage everyone to fly spread out, although the three Flandres still fly close to each other; insisting they're strongest together since they are the same person anyway.

> "You'll have to ask Sis about that." the Flandres respond.

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #850 on: March 15, 2019, 11:36:08 PM »
> "Leave the breaking to me, as I'll break her myself if she tries huting my friends!"
> Don't leave Daiyousei, pick her up again
> Make it pitch black around us

> "Lets drop off Daiyousei at Kogasa on the way back"

> Make our way back to Kogasa, drop off Daiyousei and continue towards Wriggle

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #851 on: March 15, 2019, 11:54:51 PM »
>Check on Mayina on the way. Just in case this lady knows him somehow, we don't want him being "silenced" or "re-recruited"

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #852 on: March 16, 2019, 03:45:04 AM »
> Before we reach Kogasa and Mayina tell Cirno
> "Cirno can you guard Daiyousei and the others once we drop her off?  In a secret way if possible like hiding in a tree and watch over them, I'm worried this phantom might double back and try and go for Mayina considering how much they know about daemons.  If a phantom tries to come near them you can go all out and freeze them solid, no spell card rules"

> Keep our senses sharp for that tingly sensation we feel around shrines, it might mean we're close
> Also pay attention if we feel anything through our ribbon, it has interacted in the past with shrine areas/borders (Myouren Temple)

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #853 on: March 16, 2019, 01:49:48 PM »
> "Leave the breaking to me, as I'll break her myself if she tries huting my friends!"
> Don't leave Daiyousei, pick her up again
> Make it pitch black around us

> "Lets drop off Daiyousei at Kogasa on the way back"

> Make our way back to Kogasa, drop off Daiyousei and continue towards Wriggle

> "There's times when you're allowed to break people without getting into trouble?" the clones ask.

> You pick up Daiyousei again. Cirno flies over and looks annoyed when she sees her friend's injuries.

> You fly back to where you left Kogasa and Mayina.

>Check on Mayina on the way. Just in case this lady knows him somehow, we don't want him being "silenced" or "re-recruited"

> Kogasa is with the daemon. Mayina seens to be awake now, but is still sitting down and looks worn. He ignores your presence.

> Before we reach Kogasa and Mayina tell Cirno
> "Cirno can you guard Daiyousei and the others once we drop her off?  In a secret way if possible like hiding in a tree and watch over them, I'm worried this phantom might double back and try and go for Mayina considering how much they know about daemons.  If a phantom tries to come near them you can go all out and freeze them solid, no spell card rules"

> Keep our senses sharp for that tingly sensation we feel around shrines, it might mean we're close
> Also pay attention if we feel anything through our ribbon, it has interacted in the past with shrine areas/borders (Myouren Temple)

> Cirno looks like she's going to protest about being left behind, but then looks at Daiyousei again and instead says "Well of course the strongest needs to look after those who can't fight!"

> "She is surprisingly strong for a fairy." the Flandre that was with Cirno says. "Far stronger than any of those maids."

> "What's going on?" Kogasa asks. "Another phantom?"

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #854 on: March 16, 2019, 03:37:58 PM »
> "Shoot a laser into the sky if you see anything come near, Kogasa"
> Look at Mayina
> "We'll be right back"

> Continue to where we think he last Flandre is

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #855 on: March 16, 2019, 03:49:16 PM »
> "Shoot a laser into the sky if you see anything come near, Kogasa"
> Look at Mayina
> "We'll be right back"

> Continue to where we think he last Flandre is

> "Uh... does that count things that aren't dangerous?" Kogasa asks.

> "No Kogasa." Wriggle replies. "Only if something dangerous shows up."

> "Like Sanae?"

> "Are you trying to set it up so that you fire a laser into the air, we show up and you surprise us with what it is?" Wriggle asks.

> "Maybe." Kogasa admits, looking all shy and not making eye contact with Wriggle.

> The daemon still ignores you.

> You fly off in the direction that Wriggle said Mystia flew off in earlier, which is in the general direction of the burn marks on the ground that were the Hakurei Shrine, with Wriggle and the trio of Flandre clones following you.

> After flying for a while; you see a flash of light, following by the panicked hooting of owls. Sure enough; some owls fly out from the treelines.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #856 on: March 16, 2019, 04:07:33 PM »
// Forgot to answer Flandre's question
> "Oh and Flandre, I wasn't thinking of the same kind of breaking that you were.  I mean more like psychologically breaking them than physically ... kinda like what I did to him"  Point back towards where Mayina is
> "Interrogation will get us one step closer to solving this incident and finding the leader of the heretics"

> Keep going

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #857 on: March 16, 2019, 06:21:39 PM »
// Forgot to answer Flandre's question
> "Oh and Flandre, I wasn't thinking of the same kind of breaking that you were.  I mean more like psychologically breaking them than physically ... kinda like what I did to him"  Point back towards where Mayina is
> "Interrogation will get us one step closer to solving this incident and finding the leader of the heretics"

> Keep going

> The Flandres look a little confused.

> "Heretics... so people are still like that..." she says with a hint of sadness. "Why do people fight over such stupid things."

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #858 on: March 16, 2019, 07:01:16 PM »
> "We're not after them because they are heretics, we're after them because they're attacking Gensokyo and they just happen to be heretics"

> Onwards

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #859 on: March 16, 2019, 07:02:23 PM »
> "We're not after them because they are heretics, we're after them because they're attacking Gensokyo and they just happen to be heretics

> Flandre looks more confused, but then says "Well; they're after the Original. Can't have that."

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #860 on: March 16, 2019, 07:04:46 PM »
> "Okay, if we see them attacking Flandre or Mystia start shooting, we'll ask questions later!"
> Approach the area, spellcards in hand

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #861 on: March 16, 2019, 08:39:38 PM »
> "Okay, if we see them attacking Flandre or Mystia start shooting, we'll ask questions later!"
> Approach the area, spellcards in hand

> You head to the area where you saw the owls coming from.

> You see Mystia fireing danmaku at a phantom; who isn't fighting back; just evadeing. It's not the same one as before.

> This phantom is wearing an outfit surprisingly similar to yours. A shirt, a vest over it, and some sort of tie on her neck, although the style of the tie is different, and her vest is open. She has a large pair of clearly bat-like wings, larger than any daemon you've seen relative to her body size [They're as tall as she is!]. She's wearing a long skirt; also like you, and even has a large ribbon on top of her head. In her hand is a star-tipped wand, and there seems to be some sort of star mark on her cheek. She has large-pointed ears. Physically, you'd say she looks like a human around 12 [Whereas you look about 10 and Flandre looks 8]

> Mystia pulls out a spellcard. "Hawk Sign: Ill-Starred Dive!"

> Hawk familiars start flying into the area, leaving behind trails of danmaku that then split into two, flying opposite directions. The figure is having no issues evadeing. You assume the owls were the familars for Mystia's Vocal Sign: Hooting in the Night spellcard, that either broke... or judgeing from the fact this phantom is just evadeing, timed out. Mystia is singing [In Birdsong] while her familiars fire most of the danmaku.

> You can't see the fourth Flandre around.

[It wasn't until I was writing the description that I noticed how similar Elis is to Rumia in design 0_0. Also Elis is not blessed by having much art.]
« Last Edit: March 26, 2019, 04:12:01 PM by Raikaria »

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #862 on: March 16, 2019, 08:48:22 PM »
> "Going for Pacifist 1CC eh?"
> Shout "Mystia WAIT!"
> "That's not the phantom that attacked Wriggle!"
> "She's not even fighting back!"

> Is Mystia using danmaku or magical?

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #863 on: March 16, 2019, 08:55:21 PM »
> "Going for Pacifist 1CC eh?"
> Shout "Mystia WAIT!"
> "That's not the phantom that attacked Wriggle Cirno!"
> "She's not even fighting back!"

> Is Mystia using danmaku or magical?

> Mystia dosen't respond, since she declared a spellcard; she's in a semi-trance like state right now.

> She pulled out and declared a spellcard, so it's definitely danmaku.

> The phantom looks over to you, your shout drawing her attention, then looks at the three Flandres.

> She then looks back at Mystia and yawns while dodgeing.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #864 on: March 16, 2019, 08:58:39 PM »
>How long does this particular spellcard last?

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #865 on: March 16, 2019, 09:00:21 PM »
 > Turn towards phantom
 > "Don't shoot at her please, your bullets aren't danmaku and will harm her!"

> Can distracting her with barriers break her spell?

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #866 on: March 16, 2019, 09:07:36 PM »
>How long does this particular spellcard last?

> Not that long.

> Turn towards phantom
 > "Don't shoot at her please, your bullets aren't danmaku and will harm her!"

> Can distracting her with barriers break her spell?

> "Why would I waste my energy on such a weakling?" the phantom asks lazily. The more you watch the more her movements seem... casual, and the look on her face as she evades Mystia's attacks looks like she's mocking her.

> Spellcards are only broken by timeout or a big enough shock [usually pain from danmaku] to break the trance.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #867 on: March 16, 2019, 10:27:42 PM »
> "Are you a greater class daemon?"
> "Sorry, but once you start a spell you can't stop it, that's how our spells work"
> Would a physical attack that causes a reflexive response break her spell?

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #868 on: March 16, 2019, 10:32:42 PM »
>"...So judging from the fact that you're not going to bother fighting, perhaps you'd be more willing to talk with us than some of the other Daemons that have been trying to cross over...?"