Author Topic: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai  (Read 224633 times)

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
« Reply #750 on: February 19, 2019, 07:23:06 PM »
> "Were you able to break the rock?"
> "You should really get out more!  Does sunlight hurt vampires though?"
> "Do you want me to talk to your sister to try and convince her to let you out more?"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #751 on: February 19, 2019, 07:57:59 PM »
> "Were you able to break the rock?"
> "You should really get out more!  Does sunlight hurt vampires though?"
> "Do you want me to talk to your sister to try and convince her to let you out more?"

> "Yeah, I just needed to find the right spot to focus on, and I close my hand and it blew up." Flandre says. "That's how my power works. I destroy."

> "Sis says that's why I can't go out..." Flandre says.

> "She dosen't listen to anyone." the vampire responds.  "And she's really good at talking fancy. Her power helps too, she can mess with people's fates..."

> Flandre suddenly looks like she had an idea, and then looks annoyed. "What if she made it my fate to be in that basement!"

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #752 on: February 19, 2019, 08:27:03 PM »
> "Don't be silly, you can change your fate!  Just because your sister can change other people's fates doesn't mean you can't change your own"
> "Is sunlight bad for vampires?  Maybe that's why she doesn't want you outside?  In fact I don't think I've ever seen her outside before today"
> "What do you mean by the right spot to focus on?"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #753 on: February 19, 2019, 11:30:08 PM »
> "Don't be silly, you can change your fate!  Just because your sister can change other people's fates doesn't mean you can't change your own"
> "Is sunlight bad for vampires?  Maybe that's why she doesn't want you outside?  In fact I don't think I've ever seen her outside before today"
> "What do you mean by the right spot to focus on?"

> "Sis dosen't tell me the limits of her powers."

> "We burn up and die. At least; Sis says so. I've never seen it."

> "A spot where if I focus my energy, it makes things break."

> Flandre turns to a nearby tree, and closes her eyes with her right hand out, palm towards the sky. A few moments later, she opens her eyes; closes her palm and says 'Quu'.

> The tree immediately turns to a pile of ash that scatters into the air, before vanishing to nothing.

> "I think that's more than breaking..." Mystia says.

> Wriggle watches the insects that lived in the tree fall to the ground [unharmed due to their low mass] mildly annoyed. "Can we not encourage her to destroy insect habitats?" she complains.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2019, 11:31:58 PM by Raikaria »

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #754 on: February 19, 2019, 11:41:11 PM »
> "Interesting, can you focus on something without breaking it?  Just to separate out breakable parts of it or see if it's breakable?  Like on that tree could you have broken just a single leaf or a small branch instead of the whole thing?"

> "Ouch!  And I though I was sensitive to sunlight!"

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #755 on: February 19, 2019, 11:41:29 PM »
>"Sorry, Wriggle!"
>How's our Daemoncicle?

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #756 on: February 19, 2019, 11:46:29 PM »
> "Interesting, can you focus on something without breaking it?  Just to separate out breakable parts of it or see if it's breakable?  Like on that tree could you have broken just a single leaf or a branch instead of the whole thing?"

> "Ouch!  And I though I was sensitive to sunlight!"

> "If I focus my magic on something, it breaks." Flandre says. "Everything breaks." Flandre promptly destroys a leaf. You note she didn't even have to close her eyes to do that. Just make the hand motion and look at it.

> "What happens with you in the sun?" Flande asks.

>"Sorry, Wriggle!"
>How's our Daemoncicle?

> "You didn't know she'd do that..." the insect sighs.

> Not moved yet, but you can just about make out a few words he's slurring and grumbleing. "Daemon... powerful... how..."

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #757 on: February 19, 2019, 11:53:29 PM »
// Rumia could easily get along with Flandre or Remilia because of darkness manipulation

> "How did you select differentiate between the leaf and tree?  Do you focus on the shape or the idea of an object?"
> "Well it hurts my eyes and irritates my skin, so I always surround myself in darkness"

> Keep listening for words Mayina says

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #758 on: February 20, 2019, 05:05:37 PM »
// Rumia could easily get along with Flandre or Remilia because of darkness manipulation

> "How did you select differentiate between the leaf and tree?  Do you focus on the shape or the idea of an object?"
> "Well it hurts my eyes and irritates my skin, so I always surround myself in darkness"

> Keep listening for words Mayina says

> "I just focus on the leaf." Flandre answers.

> "That's it?" the vampire says, almost disappointed.

> The daemon keeps murmuring. You hear him say 'vampires'.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #759 on: February 20, 2019, 05:30:22 PM »
> "Well I haven't actually been in the sunlight for a long time because I can create darkness"

> "Can you focus on more abstract things like a tree's shadow?"

> Continue listening for words Mayina says as it might give us some insight to his personality and desires

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #760 on: February 21, 2019, 08:16:29 PM »
> "Well I haven't actually been in the sunlight for a long time because I can create darkness"

> "Can you focus on more abstract things like a tree's shadow?"

> Continue listening for words Mayina says as it might give us some insight to his personality and desires

> "That sounds like a useful ability." Flandre says.

> "No. It has to be something that can break. A shadow can't break." Flandre says after thinking for a moment.

> The male daemon appears to have passed out again now. Or is resting.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #761 on: February 21, 2019, 08:22:47 PM »
> "I guess... it doesn't really make me strong but it's funny to prank people with!"
> Take the rock we have in our pocket and put it inside a darkness barrier and hover it a short distance away
> "How about what's inside the darkness?"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #762 on: February 21, 2019, 10:38:07 PM »
> "I guess... it doesn't really make me strong but it's funny to prank people with!"
> Take the rock we have in our pocket and put it inside a darkness barrier and hover it a short distance away
> "How about what's inside the darkness?"

> The rock falls through the darkness, as the barrier is designed to keep the darkness in it's shape, not carry a rock against the will of gravity.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #763 on: February 21, 2019, 10:45:06 PM »
// Shouldn't a barrier strong enough to stop a fleeing human be able to hold a little rock up?

> Form the barrier around the fallen rock and ask Flandre to break it again

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #764 on: February 23, 2019, 02:57:16 PM »
// Shouldn't a barrier strong enough to stop a fleeing human be able to hold a little rock up?

> Form the barrier around the fallen rock and ask Flandre to break it again

// It's not the same barrier, as it's a different barrier to make the darkness orb [That's Demaration, a barrier between the light and dark to make the darkness a sphere shape and not get wrecked by any light.]. Also Flandre can see in the dark stupidly well on account of both being a Vampire and living in a dark basement for ~500 years. There is also a difference between making a stationary wall something for someone to bump into and transporting something, a mobile barrier.

> You make a generic barrier around the rock; without the darkness sphere. Flandre seemingly effortlessly breaks the rock inside the barrier.

OCC: Busy next few days.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2019, 02:59:09 PM by Raikaria »

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #765 on: February 23, 2019, 06:41:53 PM »
// Ahh so we have 2 kinds of barriers, light/dark and physical, didn't understand
> Pocket another nearby rock so we have one on us
> "Cool, your ability seems much more useful than mine"
> "Have your ever tried to create something by destroying parts of it?  I know it sounds a little counter intuitive but that's how sculpting works"
> "Like with this rock, see if you can destroy the edges to make it a smooth sphere"
> Give her another rock, preferably one that's not spherical

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #766 on: February 24, 2019, 05:08:55 PM »
// Ahh so we have 2 kinds of barriers, light/dark and physical, didn't understand
> Pocket another nearby rock so we have one on us
> "Cool, your ability seems much more useful than mine"
> "Have your ever tried to create something by destroying parts of it?  I know it sounds a little counter intuitive but that's how sculpting works"
> "Like with this rock, see if you can destroy the edges to make it a smooth sphere"
> Give her another rock, preferably one that's not spherical

> Flandre shakes her head.

> "I destroy things in wholes. Whole rocks; whole trees; whole branches; whole leaves. To destroy I have to focus my power into a specific point. Anywhere else dosen't work." the vampire says.

> Flandre looks at the rock and smirks.

> "Although as a Vampire..."

> Her nails suddenly grow, and she moves her hands with incredible speed. When she stops; you see the rock is a smooth sphere.

> "A rock is no match for my physical abilities. Vampires are in the top class of all youkai, as my Sister says so often."

Hope ♦ Metal

• Royal Flares Can't Melt Steel Beams
  • Donald Trump will make waifus real
« Reply #767 on: February 24, 2019, 07:28:06 PM »
>"That's neat! What else can vampires do?"
>Is Mayina still unconcious?

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #768 on: February 24, 2019, 09:45:24 PM »
> "Wow, imagine what else you can make!  Might be easier to use wood though"
> "How about something more complicated like this?"
> Form a ring barrier and point to it
> "It might help to reuse the sphere you made to carve the ring, since basically you need to cut a hole through the middle and round the edges"  Point out on the barrier with our hands what we mean
> If we can form a sphere barrier and slowly shift it to a ring barrier to show what we mean

> Can we grow our nails?  Did we use any similar abilities for hunting or did we win by raw strength?

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #769 on: February 24, 2019, 11:29:44 PM »
>"That's neat! What else can vampires do?"
>Is Mayina still unconcious?

> Flandre turns into a bat, before turning back into her regular form.

> He appears to be. Either that or sleeping.

> "Wow, imagine what else you can make!  Might be easier to use wood though"
> "How about something more complicated like this?"
> Form a ring barrier and point to it
> "It might help to reuse the sphere you made to carve the ring, since basically you need to cut a hole through the middle and round the edges"  Point out on the barrier with our hands what we mean
> If we can form a sphere barrier and slowly shift it to a ring barrier to show what we mean

> Can we grow our nails?  Did we use any similar abilities for hunting or did we win by raw strength?

> Flandre looks a little bemused; before she carves a hole out of the sphere by using one of her nails.

> No, you assume it's like a cat sheathing it's claws for the vampire. Mystia has long nails as well and says they're talons.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #770 on: February 25, 2019, 03:29:01 AM »
> "Try and think of other interesting things you would want to make, like a statue or a toy"
> "So what else do you want to do before sunrise now that you are out of the house?  We were checking on the daemon and getting ready to go to the forest of magic before we found you"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #771 on: February 26, 2019, 08:47:46 PM »
> "Try and think of other interesting things you would want to make, like a statue or a toy"
> "So what else do you want to do before sunrise now that you are out of the house?  We were checking on the daemon and getting ready to go to the forest of magic before we found you"

> "I don't feel like it; that's boring." Flandre says.

> Flandre seems to think for a few moments, and then looks at the two fairies.

> "Sis says the fairies in the mansion keep goofing off and playing games like tag and hide-and-seek. Do you fairies do that?" Flandre asks.

> "All the time!" Cirno says. "I'm the best at every game!"

> "Aren't Sunny, Luna and Star much better at hide and see..." Dai starts

> "Eye'm the best!"

> The young vampire seems interested.

> "Alright then... how about we play Hide and Seek, I doubt you'd have a chance playing against me in Tag after all. To make it fair we'll split into teams. You all against me. You want to all hide or seek first?" Flandre asks.

> She has a very confident smirk on her face.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #772 on: February 26, 2019, 09:03:04 PM »
> "That sounds fun!"
> "Lets seek first since we're at a disadvantage at hiding because I emit darkness"
> "Ill count to fifty!" (If we can't count to fifty change to a number we *can* actually count to)

> Surround ourselves in pitch black darkness and get a good look at what Flandre looks like in night sight
> Cover our eyes and start counting

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #773 on: February 26, 2019, 09:09:20 PM »
>"Wait... What about him?"
>Gesture to Mayina.
>"I'd rather not leave him alone..."

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #774 on: February 26, 2019, 09:16:05 PM »
> How far away can we be maintain a physical barrier without it failing?  Or does the distance only matter in forming it and can still exist at longer distances
> Is our sphere barrier stronger than our ring barrier or does it depend primarily on the size?

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #775 on: February 27, 2019, 08:15:50 PM »
> "That sounds fun!"
> "Lets seek first since we're at a disadvantage at hiding because I emit darkness"
> "Ill count to fifty!" (If we can't count to fifty change to a number we *can* actually count to)

> Surround ourselves in pitch black darkness and get a good look at what Flandre looks like in night sight
> Cover our eyes and start counting

[Splitting this because Nazgul's commands fit inbetween quite well]

> "Alright then!" Flandre says, before she chuckles. "You'll have to find all of me! Taboo: Four of a Kind."

> Flandre turns into Four Flandres.

> You can count to fifty.

>"Wait... What about him?"
>Gesture to Mayina.
>"I'd rather not leave him alone..."

> "I'll keep an eye on him." Kogasa says, before she wiggles her umbrella. "Kinda hard for me to hide anyway, and I don't like flying through a forest much, I get caught..."

> How far away can we be maintain a physical barrier without it failing?  Or does the distance only matter in forming it and can still exist at longer distances
> Is our sphere barrier stronger than our ring barrier or does it depend primarily on the size?

> Not far at all.

> Your 'sphere barrier' is specifically a barrier that seperates light and dark, keeping your darkness sphere whatever size you want it. A simple flat barrier would be the strongest. A hole in a barrier weakens it.

> Flandre is invisible in your night vision.

> You close your eyes and start to count, as do the others.

[Flandre is invisible in UV because the sun emits UV. Flandre dosen't give off something associated with the sun.]

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #776 on: February 27, 2019, 09:14:39 PM »
[Shouldn't she block ambient UV though?  Like she should be a dark spot in our night vision]

> Now we're the ones outnumbered...
// Timeskip to 50 unless interrupted
> Finish counting
> "Here I come!"
> Make our darkness cover a large area so it's less noticeable
> Turn around make sure there's no one behind us
> Look up in case there's someone above us (also trees)
> "Alright let's start looking"
> Start checking nearest trees, in a circular fashion, moving outwards

> Which of our abilities are generally considered unfair when playing hide and seek with our friends?  Flying, danmaku, darkness barriers or physical barriers

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #777 on: February 27, 2019, 09:27:02 PM »
//I kinda want to see Cirno's progression from 1 to 50 lol

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #778 on: February 27, 2019, 09:31:50 PM »
// I think it's just us counting since we're the leader

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #779 on: February 27, 2019, 09:48:52 PM »
[Shouldn't she block ambient UV though?  Like she should be a dark spot in our night vision]

> Now we're the ones outnumbered...
// Timeskip to 50 unless interrupted
> Finish counting
> "Here I come!"
> Make our darkness cover a large area so it's less noticeable
> Turn around make sure there's no one behind us
> Look up in case there's someone above us (also trees)
> "Alright let's start looking"
> Start checking nearest trees, in a circular fashion, moving outwards

> Which of our abilities are generally considered unfair when playing hide and seek with our friends?  Flying, danmaku, darkness barriers or physical barriers

//I kinda want to see Cirno's progression from 1 to 50 lol
[That's what she's doing. You can't see her in the dark; she's 'invisible']

> Cirno manages 1 to 20 correctly. She then jumps to thirty, gets to 35, jumps to 91, jumps back to 27, and somehow manages to waffle out various other numbers, getting to 50 at the same time as you... somehow. You think she just copied you when you said fifty.

> Everyone present resjoins your cry of 'here I come'.

> You expand the darkness sphere to the point it's almost unnoticeable in the night. You then look in your nearby area, and see no sign of any of the four Flandres.

> Wriggle's not allowed to speak to insects. They're literally everywhere. Mystia also can't speak to birds. Danmaku isn't allowed either, because it's hide and seek not a danmaku battle. If you're using barrier and such on people; you've already found them.