Author Topic: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai  (Read 224188 times)

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
« Reply #600 on: January 25, 2019, 11:28:41 PM »
// I meant condense darkness so we can use our clearer night vision and release to restore it to our usual level

> Did the barrier look any different while looking at it in the darkness?

> "Oh that's just Mayina"

> "Do you know a way out?  Who told you we'd be stuck here?"

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #601 on: January 26, 2019, 12:07:42 AM »
>"That's Mayina. Don't worry, he has finite power in Gensokyo, and he's no longer bound to his master's orders, so he should be mostly harmless, if not a bit cranky once we thaw him out..."

>"You know, you're actually the second Mai I met today."

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #602 on: January 26, 2019, 11:52:01 AM »
// I meant condense darkness so we can use our clearer night vision and release to restore it to our usual level

> Did the barrier look any different while looking at it in the darkness?

> "Oh that's just Mayina"

> "Do you know a way out?  Who told you we'd be stuck here?"

>"That's Mayina. Don't worry, he has finite power in Gensokyo, and he's no longer bound to his master's orders, so he should be mostly harmless, if not a bit cranky once we thaw him out..."

>"You know, you're actually the second Mai I met today."

> It looked even brighter in the darkness. And... purple-er.

> "Mostly harmless. That describes pretty much everyone in Gensokyo~" the danceing human says.

> Mai looks a little surprised, enough that she loses her rhythm for a moment. "Mai's not a very common name... I think."

> "Of course there's a way out. I got in after all." Mai says, returning to her rhythm. "I was sent by Lady Matara, Secret God of the Backdoor."

> Mai steps aside; and you notice there are two wooden spheres just floating in front of the dimensional portal.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #603 on: January 26, 2019, 01:25:24 PM »
// The backdoor ... IT security's nightmare
> "Mostly harmless indeed, after all we did all agree on the spell card rules which make living here so pleasant.  I just was in a world without rules and can tell you I nearly died more times today that I have in years living here.  All the more reason to get to the bottom of this incident..."

> "Oh so there's a back door out of here?"
> "Though, who told you about us?  I mean, barely anyone knew we were here"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #604 on: January 26, 2019, 03:09:17 PM »
// The backdoor ... IT security's nightmare
> "Mostly harmless indeed, after all we did all agree on the spell card rules which make living here so pleasant.  I just was in a world without rules and can tell you I nearly died more times today that I have in years living here.  All the more reason to get to the bottom of this incident..."

> "Oh so there's a back door out of here?"
> "Though, who told you about us?  I mean, barely anyone knew we were here"

> "Hmm? What a strange statement. The spellcard rules are fairly new. Or is Makai that terrifying?" Mai asks.

> "There's a backdoor anywhere as far as Lady Matara is concerned."

> "I said I work for a secret God. Do you think anything remains secret from her?"

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #605 on: January 26, 2019, 04:35:17 PM »
>"no, not terrifying.  It's just that Makai hasn't adopted the spellcard laws or anything similar, so everyone was using lethal magic."

>"I don't think it's a common name either. But there is another Mai over there. She's pretty high up in the pecking order too."

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #606 on: January 26, 2019, 04:45:23 PM »
> Take off the bubble filter and toss it in to the portal, Shinki is probably wondering what's holding us up
> Let Mai do her back door thing

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #607 on: January 26, 2019, 05:04:18 PM »
>"no, not terrifying.  It's just that Makai hasn't adopted the spellcard laws or anything similar, so everyone was using lethal magic."

>"I don't think it's a common name either. But there is another Mai over there. She's pretty high up in the pecking order too."

> "Why would another world adopt rules just because Gensokyo has?" Mai states. "Gensokyo's the odd one out probobly."

> Take off the bubble filter and toss it in to the portal, Shinki is probably wondering what's holding us up
> Let Mai do her back door thing

> You throw the bowl into the portal; avoiding both Mai and the two wooden spheres.

> With no further comments, Mai grabs the two handles; and flings them as if opening a door. Sure enough; the entry of the dimensional portal opens up as if a door.

> There is now a portal inside the portal.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #608 on: January 26, 2019, 05:29:17 PM »
> "The rules have been a definite improvement, having just been reminded how things were before that.  We started investigating this incident after a friend got attacked with lethal magic"
> "Whoa, a hidden door!"
> Push frozen Mayina in and follow

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #609 on: January 27, 2019, 12:13:34 AM »
> "The rules have been a definite improvement, having just been reminded how things were before that.  We started investigating this incident after a friend got attacked with lethal magic"
> "Whoa, a hidden door!"
> Push frozen Mayina in and follow

[Thing I forgot to mention and never came up: Shinki chose Luci as her Alias; short for Lucifer. Because, well, Makai's fill of references. Her castle *is* Pandemonium after all.]

> "Yes, the goings-on have captured the attention of Lady Matara." Mai says.

> "I'm surprised!" Kogasa exclaims.

> You push in the frozen deamon, and you and Kogasa follow Mai in.

> One you are in, you find yourself in a world that is primarily purple. However, open doorways float around, each showing different scenery and people. Then it strikes you that Cirno spoke of a place kinda like this, after the seasons went mad, all the fairies for a big power boost and Cirno got a tan and empowered by summer of all seasons. But Cirno also said the culprit lived in that place...

> "Follow me." Mai says. "If you go through the wrong door you could be in big trouble."

> "Oh, they've arrived?" a voice similar to Mai's asks. Another human[?], dressed equally bizarrely but wearing a pink scheme and a brunette; flies over to the other one.

> "Indeed Satono; do you know where the Mistress is currently?" Mai asks.

> Satono Nishida
> Stimulating Backup Dancer

> "Yes, she sent me to guide you. This place is changeing all the time after all." Satono replies.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #610 on: January 27, 2019, 02:16:23 AM »
[Didn't notice but that's a cool reference!  I always saw Rumia herself as a reference with her signature pose, I'd be surprised if Shinki and Rumia didn't get along]
> Follow Mai, push frozen Mayina along
> "So you're investigating this incident too?"

> While walking casually look at the various doorways, check if we see anyone we know or places we know

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #611 on: January 27, 2019, 09:44:10 PM »
[Didn't notice but that's a cool reference!  I always saw Rumia herself as a reference with her signature pose, I'd be surprised if Shinki and Rumia didn't get along]
> Follow Mai, push frozen Mayina along
> "So you're investigating this incident too?"

> While walking casually look at the various doorways, check if we see anyone we know or places we know

> You follow the two people, pushing the ice block. You note it's slowly thawing, as your hands are wet.

> "Investigateing? More... observing." Mai replies.

> You don't recognize anything.

> Another being comes into view. Her outfit looks rather old-fashioned, and she immediately gives off the presence of someone not to be trifled with. A coy smile of amusement crosses her face when she spots you.

> Okina Matara

> Secret God who wishes to be Known

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #612 on: January 27, 2019, 10:33:18 PM »
> Bow to be polite
> "Thanks for the door, we'd be stuck in Makai otherwise"
> "This is Kogasa, thats Mayina and I'm Rumia" (Point to respective party members as we say this)
> "Miss Mai said you have been observing this incident.  We've been investigating it, as it's been impacting us the most"
> Don't let her intimidate us, keep our childish and carefree look!
> Keep an eye on Mayina, we certainly don't want him running away once he thaws

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #613 on: January 28, 2019, 10:56:30 PM »
> Bow to be polite
> "Thanks for the door, we'd be stuck in Makai otherwise"
> "This is Kogasa, thats Mayina and I'm Rumia" (Point to respective party members as we say this)
> "Miss Mai said you have been observing this incident.  We've been investigating it, as it's been impacting us the most"
> Don't let her intimidate us, keep our childish and carefree look!
> Keep an eye on Mayina, we certainly don't want him running away once he thaws

> "There is no need to thank me." the woman says. "I saw it as an opportunity to get one over on one of my compatriots. A chance to show I'm active still, that incident wasn't a one-off."

> "I am Okina Matara; Secret Goddess of the Backdoor, and one of the Sages of Gensokyo." the blonde says. "I entrust that my assistants already introduced themselves."

> "Indeed; I have been observing. Although if you believe this incident is effecting you the most, you have not even scratched the surface."

> It's difficult to not be intimidated, but it's fairly easy to remain in your regular pose and look despite this.

> The ice block will take a while still to be thawed.

> "Anyway, I intend to deliver you to the banks of that lake, as you agreed to meet. Give my regards to the Ice Fairy. And do not be concerned, Hakurei does not even know who broke the barrier. She has been far too occupied with other matters to investigate that. The little Komainu that I awoke is also relatively unharmed. She is defending what remains of the Hakurei Shrine."

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #614 on: January 28, 2019, 11:04:40 PM »
>"Oh okay... W-Wait, WHAT REMAINS!?!"
>Hope this wasn't caused by that ghost we released...

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #615 on: January 28, 2019, 11:18:59 PM »
> "I meant it affects us weak Youkai the most since we're the ones that are most likely to get killed when the Spell Card Rules aren't followed"
> "So you fixed the barrier we broke to go to Makai?"
> "Also, getting one over your compatriots?"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #616 on: January 28, 2019, 11:35:43 PM »
>"Oh okay... W-Wait, WHAT REMAINS!?!"
>Hope this wasn't caused by that ghost we released...

> "The Shrine was destroyed by an Evil Spirit. That said; the Hakurei Shrine gets ruined every few years." Okina states.

> "I meant it affects us weak Youkai the most since we're the ones that are most likely to get killed when the Spell Card Rules aren't followed"
> "So you fixed the barrier we broke to go to Makai?"
> "Also, getting one over your compatriots?"

> "Surely the Humans are in more danger?" the sage asks.

> "No; that was one of the other Sages; Yukari Yakumo. She's probobly the best known of us, despite her slothful nature. She helped someone steal Spring several years ago. So I decided to mark my re-emergence by stealing the essence of all four seasons." Okina says, her coy smile growing as she boasts about the incident she caused.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #617 on: January 28, 2019, 11:39:49 PM »
> "The humans have Keine who is strong and protects them"
> "Best known?  I'm not sure who that is, you're the first Sage I've met"
> "Also her and your incidents weren't dangerous, people are actually being attacked with the intention to kill in this incident"

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #618 on: January 29, 2019, 01:16:14 AM »
>Wince at the mention of the spirit.

>"So how many of you Sages are there?"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #619 on: January 29, 2019, 04:47:27 PM »
> "The humans have Keine who is strong and protects them"
> "Best known?  I'm not sure who that is, you're the first Sage I've met"
> "Also her and your incidents weren't dangerous, people are actually being attacked with the intention to kill in this incident"

> "Hmm? I must make a mote to test her capabilities if that is the case." Okina says. She actually looks rather pleased to hear this.

> "Met, yes. But I'm fairly sure you would have at least heard of Miss Yakumo before me."

> "Most incidents are not truely dangerous."

>Wince at the mention of the spirit.

>"So how many of you Sages are there?"

> "It was better that the spirit was released than no-one investigate Makai." Okina reassures. "Besides; the spirit's power may prove useful."

> "We don't stay in contact that much anymore, and it's been centuries since we created Gensokyo. I know there are two others still alive for sure who are active." Okina says in a casual tone.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #620 on: January 29, 2019, 06:15:42 PM »
> "Whoa...  so you all created Gensokyo?"

> "Reimu probably won't see it that way though about the evil spirit, in fact she might think we are causing the incident."
> "Investigating Makai was indeed useful though, since we found out that their leader is not causing this but a heretic faction and now that they are aware of this they have started investigating on their side too."

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #621 on: January 29, 2019, 06:33:01 PM »
> "Whoa...  so you all created Gensokyo?"

> "Reimu probably won't see it that way though about the evil spirit, in fact she might think we are causing the incident."
> "Investigating Makai was indeed useful though, since we found out that their leader is not causing this but a heretic faction and now that they are aware of this they have started investigating on their side too."

> "I had a hand in creating this Wonderland, yes. As well as the Hakurei Barrier." Okina says. "If I wished I could reshape Gensokyo with ease. But that's the thing about having power such as mine. You must use it like an artisan uses their tools."

> Okina pauses, and looks at Kogasa. "Like a blacksmith may use a hammer, as opposed to someone without that skill who can only use a hammer to destroy."

> "The Hakurei maiden is unaware of your actions, or even who released the spirit. As far as she is concerned, it was probobly a Phantom. After all; my little Komainu did not see anyone enter, and then she saw the spirit come from that direction and attack the Shrine."

> "I must admit, I know little of Makai." Okina says. "It is good to know that the Goddess of that realm is not taking advantage of the incident however and it is only a small faction. A full-on invasion from Makai would likly be impossible to stop, even if the Sages and Gods that reside in Gensokyo all worked together. What I do know of Makai is that their leader is a truly terrifying being of near infinite power."

> Okina smirks. "She must truly be a master of her craft to be that powerful and shape an entire dimension."
« Last Edit: January 29, 2019, 06:34:54 PM by Raikaria »

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #622 on: January 29, 2019, 06:39:19 PM »
>"Yeah, I could really feel her power just by standing near her. Thankfully, she's actually very nice."

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #623 on: January 29, 2019, 07:25:47 PM »
> "Well Gensokyo is very nice!  I also like the idea of creating things but I've never created anything in my life and almost certainly lack any skill to do so"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #624 on: January 29, 2019, 10:31:08 PM »
>"Yeah, I could really feel her power just by standing near her. Thankfully, she's actually very nice."

> "The power of an infinite being... how curious..."

> "Well Gensokyo is very nice!  I also like the idea of creating things but I've never created anything in my life and almost certainly lack any skill to do so"

> "You've never made anything out of anything?" Okina says, before she looks like she's thinking. "You've made humans into meals before, right?"

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #625 on: January 29, 2019, 10:35:10 PM »
> Look down and say "... but that's not something I'm proud of"
> "I mean things that make others happy"
> In low voice "...to try and make up for my mistakes in the past..."

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #626 on: January 30, 2019, 05:32:38 PM »
> Look down and say "... but that's not something I'm proud of"
> "I mean things that make others happy"
> In low voice "...to try and make up for my mistakes in the past..."

> "Living according to one's nature, doing what is natural; is never a mistake. Is the insect guilty for eating the plant? The bird for the insect? The cat for the bird?" Okina asks, before not waiting for a reply. "Of course not. Youkai praying upon humans is natural; and nature does not make mistakes. Besides; Gensokyo was not designed to be a haven for humans, with the exception of the lynchpin. If Humans choose to live in the refuge of the youkai, the youkai they drove out, they should accept the risks of such a life. Let nature take it's course."

> The woman looks rather passionate while she says this, and then calms back down.

> Okina snaps her fingers, and a doorway forms in front of her, to the side.

> "This doorway will take you to the Lakeside where your friends are waiting for you." Okina says calmly.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #627 on: January 30, 2019, 05:48:23 PM »
> "... Thanks"
> Still feel somewhat guilty after hearing Shinki talk about the reasons we could have been sealed
> "We'll keep investigating who's behind this incident"
> Bow and head through the portal, push Mayina through first

> Out of our friends were we the most successful hunter in the past?  Or was it Mystia?

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #628 on: January 30, 2019, 09:58:47 PM »
> "... Thanks"
> Still feel somewhat guilty after hearing Shinki talk about the reasons we could have been sealed
> "We'll keep investigating who's behind this incident"
> Bow and head through the portal, push Mayina through first

> Out of our friends were we the most successful hunter in the past?  Or was it Mystia?

> Okina dosen't respond.

> You feel guilty, but also confused as you think about a past you cannot recall.

> It's not like you hunted together. But it was almost certainly Mystia. She's the smartest of the three youkai in your group, and is generally the fastest and strongest. Not to mention her song.

> You enter the doorway, with Kogasa following, and exit on the bank of the Misty Lake; the door closing when you exit.

> Mystia; Wriggle; Cirno and Daiyousei are all a little bit ahead, and haven't seemed to have noticed you yet. They seem to be watching another group of youkai at the bank of the lake.

> One has a long hair and large, fuzzy ears and is wearing a dress; one is a redhead wearing a red cloak, and the other is in the water, with only her head and shoulders visible.

> "Oh; that's Banki!" Kogasa says happily. "I see her around the village sometimes!"

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #629 on: January 30, 2019, 10:34:41 PM »
>"Which one?"