Author Topic: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai  (Read 224395 times)

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
« Reply #540 on: January 17, 2019, 08:17:24 PM »
> "That's depressing... what kind of twisted person would do that..."
> "Is it possible to slowly release it over time?  Like a counter spell that unravels it slowly so I don't get hurt"

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #541 on: January 17, 2019, 08:19:10 PM »
>"I mean, there must've been a good reason to use such a seal on me, right? It doesn't make sense for this kind of seal would be used for just amusement or on garden variety youkai, right...?"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #542 on: January 17, 2019, 08:43:50 PM »
> "That's depressing... what kind of twisted person would do that..."
> "Is it possible to slowly release it over time?  Like a counter spell that unravels it slowly so I don't get hurt"

> "Either you were a very naughty girl before to force someone to take such drastic action, or you had a very cruel enemy."

> "It's impossible to do it in a manner that won't hurt you. A gradual release may be possible without killing you, but it would hurt still." Shinki says.

>"I mean, there must've been a good reason to use such a seal on me, right? It doesn't make sense for this kind of seal would be used for just amusement or on garden variety youkai, right...?"

> "A seal acting on every part of your body to this extent means you are by no means 'garden variety'." Shinki remarks.

> "Now then, there is something particularly agredigious I can find being restricted by this seal. It will hurt. A lot. But I can undo that. I can give you your ability to see in the dark back." Shinki says. "To think they'd seal that basic ability away from someone who constantly projects darkness..."

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #543 on: January 17, 2019, 08:52:47 PM »
>"Like, you mean only removing the part of the seal that prevents me from seeing in the dark?"

//Off to work until late in the evening. The seal talk is something I was particularly not wanting to miss, so would you guys mind waiting for me to return? (I'll try to post on breaks so the wait between my posts wouldn't be too long (~2-3 hours between posts as opposed to around 7-8) )

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #544 on: January 17, 2019, 08:55:57 PM »
> "Its okay if it hurts, can't be worse than waking up concussed from slamming in to a tree..."
> Feel a little depressed saying that

> "Maybe whenever I get used to an ability returning we could do a little bit more"

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #545 on: January 17, 2019, 08:57:42 PM »
>Don't necessarily agree to anything yet.

//Okay starting my shift for real now.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #546 on: January 17, 2019, 09:04:08 PM »
// Why not?  We want our abilities back, I want to get them back gradually so it doens't damage us.  Like start the process now and get them back as we go

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #547 on: January 18, 2019, 12:18:09 AM »
//on lunch break for 47 minutes as of this post

//I'd like to find out a bit more about why we were sealed before we go about breaking the seal. Restoring our eyesight is fine, but I want to both confirm Shinki' s intentions and get affirmation that it wouldn't cause a chain reaction of unsealing due to removing one layer of the seal.

//Besides, if we actually were sealed for a good reason, then we shouldn't be so hasty to break it...

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #548 on: January 18, 2019, 12:50:34 AM »
// We want it to be a chain reaction but for it to happen slowly so we get used to it and can get used to any pain or side effects it might have.  Think of getting power items one at a time instead of getting a Full power item

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #549 on: January 18, 2019, 01:00:02 AM »
//you're missing the point.

//Chain reaction or no, the end result is still the same. We probably shouldn't break the seal until we know more about why we were sealed. Especially if doing so ultimately causes something bad like a personality rewrite, power incontinence, an insatiable hunger for flesh, and/or insanity...

//that being said, I'm fine with restoring our eyesight as long as it doesn't cause a chain reaction.

//anyway my lunch break ends soon. I'll be back later in the evening. Though if my phone starts running out of power I might not be back until closer to 10pm MT

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #550 on: January 18, 2019, 01:00:49 AM »
// As for why we were sealed it's surely due to what our diet used to be and that before the spell card rules Reimu used to actually seal Youkai
// We can start with our eyesight and see if we feel side effects like hunger or mood alteration

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #551 on: January 18, 2019, 04:59:41 AM »
// As for why we were sealed it's surely due to what our diet used to be and that before the spell card rules Reimu used to actually seal Youkai
// We can't be 100% sure of that. And other possibilities are equally likely at this point.

// We can start with our eyesight and see if we feel side effects like hunger or mood alteration
//I wasn't saying we shouldn't restore our eyesight!
//What I'm saying is that we should play it safe and consider things for a bit before committing to doing so. i,e. probe Shinki for information for a parse or two and then accepting based on what she replies.
//After that, we should look into why we were sealed before trying to unlock anything else. So that we can be sure that it is safe to do so. :P

//Also, since it's likely that the next parse will happen either when I'm asleep, driving to college, or in a class, would you guys mind waiting for me to respond to the next parse before continuing?

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #552 on: January 18, 2019, 05:41:02 AM »
// Alright maybe I got a little overexcited at the fact that we are finally getting new abilities.  We should indeed play it safe however lets still aim to gain the maximum we can at this point, as games usually have a difficult boss battle/challenge/puzzle after gaining abilities where you're expected to use them

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #553 on: January 18, 2019, 05:43:43 AM »
games usually have a difficult boss battle/challenge/puzzle after gaining abilities where you're expected to use them
//You fool! Don't give Rai any ideas!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #554 on: January 18, 2019, 07:35:18 PM »
Gonna do my usual 'reconfirmation of orders' thing since there's been discussion post-commands.

// Alright maybe I got a little overexcited at the fact that we are finally getting new abilities. 

Well, you've only really just completed the first main quest chain. [The Louise one].

Or in terms of a Story; Act 1.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 07:37:24 PM by Raikaria »

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #555 on: January 18, 2019, 08:41:52 PM »
// Alright not committing to anything, just checking if we can get more info
> "How safe would it be to undo the part of the seal which affects my vision?  Would there be a risk of the rest of the seal falling apart along with my body?"
> "Also, one thing related to the ribbon I *did* notice recently was that near a temple in Gensokyo where the monks had put up a barrier preventing Louise from entering whenever I passed through the barrier the ribbon wiggled or shifted a little, no one else noticed a similar effect.  Might be unrelated though"

> Let Shinki touch and inspect the ribbon, don't resist even if it might feel uncomfortable

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #556 on: January 18, 2019, 08:47:20 PM »
>Don't let her touch it just yet.

//Let's wait for our confirmation first.

>"Would removing only the part of the seal affecting my vision cause a chain reaction in the rest of the seal? I'm fine with being able to see in the dark again, but I'd rather find out a bit more about why I was sealed to begin with before I want to tamper with it more than just that..."

//Will be unavailable for a couple of hours starting in about 5 minutes.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #557 on: January 18, 2019, 11:59:25 PM »
// Alright not committing to anything, just checking if we can get more info
> "How safe would it be to undo the part of the seal which affects my vision?  Would there be a risk of the rest of the seal falling apart along with my body?"
> "Also, one thing related to the ribbon I *did* notice recently was that near a temple in Gensokyo where the monks had put up a barrier preventing Louise from entering whenever I passed through the barrier the ribbon wiggled or shifted a little, no one else noticed a similar effect.  Might be unrelated though"

> Let Shinki touch and inspect the ribbon, don't resist even if it might feel uncomfortable

> "With almost anyone else except the one who created the seal initially? There would be a massive risk." Shinki says. "However, and I don't mean to brag, I am a literal Goddess of Magic. Dealing with the magic parts of the seal, absolutely no problem. Making your body able to withstand it? Beyond my abilities."

> "It was likely a Holy barrier. A seal of this type would have been forged of the foulest of magic. The seal and the barrier probobly disagreed with each other." Shinki explains. "It's difficult to know the exact reason without inspecting the Barrier."

>Don't let her touch it just yet.

>"Would removing only the part of the seal affecting my vision cause a chain reaction in the rest of the seal? I'm fine with being able to see in the dark again, but I'd rather find out a bit more about why I was sealed to begin with before I want to tamper with it more than just that..."

> Shinki clicks her fingers near the ribbon, and pulls her hand away, createing a far larger, illusionary diagram of the ribbon. You can see when it's magnified like this it seems to be made of various rings.

> "The ribbon is like a central point for a myriad of different seals. A seal of seals if you may." Shinki says. "It's like a combination lock. Each ring is a different, sealed aspect. And there's different positions for each ring as well, different levels of sealing. To restore your night vision, all I would have to do is carefully tweak one of the many seals. That seal actually wasn't completely tied. If whoever made this wanted to they could have made you completely blind."

> Shinki looks at you with a warm smile. "I know, it's a lot to take in and I'm probobly Magibabbleing. Seeing Thuamaturgy of this level excites me. To know there is someone out there that isn't myself capable of such an intricate seal... ooh it's brilliant! And concerning... but Brilliant!"

[Yes Shinki is totally a magic geek]
« Last Edit: January 19, 2019, 12:02:04 AM by Raikaria »

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #558 on: January 19, 2019, 12:08:09 AM »
>"So would that specific seal affecting my eyes not affect anything else if it was undone? Or would it start a reaction with the other seals and cause a slow unraveling?"

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #559 on: January 19, 2019, 12:26:43 AM »
> Before above actions
> "I'm actually interested in learning barrier and and sealing magic, so it's not magibabble.  As a Youkai I'm able to create barriers, something only shrine maidens can do and is usually used to seal Youkai"
> Form a ring barrier on our finger and rotate it
> Let Shinki inspect it, stop the rotation if she does

> "Though why would a person cruel enough to make a seal like this leave that part of the seal untied?  Also would a seal like this affect my memory?  Because I don't remember anything about who or how it was placed on me"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #560 on: January 19, 2019, 05:34:49 PM »
> Before above actions
> "I'm actually interested in learning barrier and and sealing magic, so it's not magibabble.  As a Youkai I'm able to create barriers, something only shrine maidens can do and is usually used to seal Youkai"
> Form a ring barrier on our finger and rotate it
> Let Shinki inspect it, stop the rotation if she does

> "Though why would a person cruel enough to make a seal like this leave that part of the seal untied?  Also would a seal like this affect my memory?  Because I don't remember anything about who or how it was placed on me"

> "I'm pretty sure there's other youkai who can make barriers..." Kogasa says. "Even if it's just using magic."

> Shinki looks at the barrier you form anyway.

> "Yes, that seems like a specialized barrier that primarily separates Light and Darkness. It's probobly how your darkness sphere expands and contracts actually, and how there's not really a dusky area between the dark and the light." Shinki says.

> "Perhaps they made the seal adjustable to find the correct level to set it. The cruel part isn't the amount of seals, it's how the seal is integrated with your body." Shinki states.

> "There's a Memeory seal, but it seems to have been outright removed, along with the memories." Shinki explains, pointing to a small, empty section of the magical diagram. "The memories were sealed away, then extracted. At least, I assume that gap is for a memory seal. Seeing as you don't seem to be aware of any of this, and there's no other memory seal."

>"So would that specific seal affecting my eyes not affect anything else if it was undone? Or would it start a reaction with the other seals and cause a slow unraveling?"

> "It shouldn't. Each of the seals is independent. The only way it would cause something like that is if whatever is being sealed is so tremendously powerful that even a slight weakening of the overall seal would lead to the entire thing being overpowered. Such a result likely being fatal to you, and I'd be able to tell if that was happening while I'm adjusting the seal, because it would start going a lot faster than I intend." Shinki explains. "And such a situation would raise the question of why the seal can be adjusted."

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #561 on: January 19, 2019, 06:15:30 PM »
> "I can make these barriers without using magic circles or spells, I just will them into existance.  It's not just light and darkness that they separate, they can actually apply enough physical force to stop a human"

> "So the seal was designed in a way so a quick release would be fatal, but a very slow and gradual release could be possible since it was designed to be readjustable?  Because they could have set it to the maximum level instead of trying to find the correct level if they wanted to"

> "If you sense that it's starting to accelerate faster and risks killing me can you counter it or set it back to where it was?"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #562 on: January 20, 2019, 11:54:20 PM »
> "I can make these barriers without using magic circles or spells, I just will them into existance.  It's not just light and darkness that they separate, they can actually apply enough physical force to stop a human"

> "So the seal was designed in a way so a quick release would be fatal, but a very slow and gradual release could be possible since it was designed to be readjustable?  Because they could have set it to the maximum level instead of trying to find the correct level if they wanted to"

> "If you sense that it's starting to accelerate faster and risks killing me can you counter it or set it back to where it was?"

> "Stopping a human isn't an impressive feat, your hands can do that." Shinki says sweetly.

> "Correct." Shinki agrees. "Although I cannot fathom the reasoning behind the adjustable nature."

> "Yes. It's essensially designed so that no-one except the seal's creator can adjust it. However, my action is... well... divine intervention. You are in safe hands with me." Shinki states. "Besides; I'd bring trouble to Makai if I caused you to die, and I can't allow that to happen to my family."

[OCC: Dunno what happened yesterday but the post/preveiw buttons were not working. Weird, sorry for delay]

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #563 on: January 21, 2019, 12:26:49 AM »
> "I fully trust you, I was just a little ... scared of what might happen"
> "When we start can you keep a distance?  My arm twitched when you touched the ribbon, likely due to how the seal is integrated with my body. I don't want to reflexively hit someone when it's adjusted"
> Let Shinki do her thing, try and suppress any twitching or reflexive movements we might make

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #564 on: January 21, 2019, 09:42:45 PM »
> "I fully trust you, I was just a little ... scared of what might happen"
> "When we start can you keep a distance?  My arm twitched when you touched the ribbon, likely due to how the seal is integrated with my body. I don't want to reflexively hit someone when it's adjusted"
> Let Shinki do her thing, try and suppress any twitching or reflexive movements we might make

> "Unfortunelty; I need to be close, due to precision. Have no fear, even if you were to strike me with your full power in a reflex, I would be absolutely fine."

> Shinki extends little white magical strands from her fingertips; which you feel a surge of flame-like pain race from your ribbon on contact.

> Suddenly; your vision blurrs, and it feels like someone is attempting to crush your eyes.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #565 on: January 21, 2019, 09:50:36 PM »
> Try as hard as we can to bear with it, clench our fists if we have to
> If it becomes absolutely unbearable ask for her to slow down a little

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #566 on: January 21, 2019, 09:59:34 PM »
> Try as hard as we can to bear with it, clench our fists if we have to
> If it becomes absolutely unbearable ask for her to slow down a little

> You endure and endure as the pain worsens.

> Just as you're about to call for Shinki to stop, the pain stops, and as does Shinki. No aches, no throbbing in your eyes. It just goes, and your vision returns to normal. However, your body feels tired, and you feel slight aches all over.

> "There we go." Shinki says.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #567 on: January 21, 2019, 10:06:34 PM »
> "That was ... intense"
> "It makes me kind of glad I don't remember being sealed in the first place if just 1 ring on the seal hurt this much..."

> If we aren't too tired, make it pitch black around us and check if we can still see Shinki

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #568 on: January 21, 2019, 10:15:40 PM »
>"I feel tired..."

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #569 on: January 21, 2019, 11:14:39 PM »
> "That was ... intense"
> "It makes me kind of glad I don't remember being sealed in the first place if just 1 ring on the seal hurt this much..."

> If we aren't too tired, make it pitch black around us and check if we can still see Shinki

> "I'm not sure if the sealing itself hurt. It's impossible to tell really." Shinki says.

> You retract your darkness sphere around yourself.

> For a moment, you don't see anything... and then suddenly you see... things. Not the same as you do in the light. Considering your eyesight in the light isn't very good however, your vision is better like this. Everything is somewhere between Black; White and... violet? It's completely different, yet so much clearer.

>"I feel tired..."

> "That'll be the strain tampering with the seal put upon your body. It's why I can't push it much further, it might cause permanent damage or worse."

[OCC:

Ability Gained: Ultraviolet Vision; although Rumia won't know what it is unless she speaks to or asks someone smart enough to know about the visual spectrum]