Author Topic: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai  (Read 224298 times)

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
« Reply #510 on: January 14, 2019, 07:55:30 PM »
> "I know a shrine maiden that maintains our world"

> "And how did that skilled mage come to be?"

> "Also I wouldn't be so sure about Yumeko ignoring this..."
> "I already have to punish a heretic Koa with something far worse than Elimination, I hope you don't intend on joining..."

> "A Shrine Maiden? What a flimsy lynchpin." the elder sister says.

> "When a Mommy Mage and a Daddy Mage love each other very much..." the elder says before Louise slaps her again before she can keep with her mocking tone.

> "You get to punish someone? What a high and mighty Otherworlder you must be!"

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #511 on: January 14, 2019, 08:04:07 PM »
>"She's not flimsy. She's actually pretty scary..."

>"And I'm not really high an mighty. Yumeko was just going to eradicate him, so I offered an alternative."

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #512 on: January 14, 2019, 08:47:38 PM »
After Evil_Nazgul0616's first action:
> "I hear she has even defeated gods"

Change the second part to:
> "And I'm not someone special in Makai, I just offer something far worse than Eradication"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #513 on: January 14, 2019, 09:49:50 PM »
>"She's not flimsy. She's actually pretty scary..."

>"And I'm not really high an mighty. Yumeko was just going to eradicate him, so I offered an alternative."

After Evil_Nazgul0616's first action:
> "I hear she has even defeated gods"

Change the second part to:
> "And I'm not someone special in Makai, I just offer something far worse than Eradication"

> "Pathetic Gods then." Or perhaps they are not even Gods at all."

> "Yeah, you're no-one special in Makai. You're just a bowl-head who dosen't even understand the world they are dealing with. Why are you even meddleing in our affairs?" the daemon asks; leaning towards you.

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #514 on: January 14, 2019, 10:36:08 PM »
> Step back a little more
> "Because blasphemous daemons like you started meddling in our affairs.  That Koa was sent to our world while performing some blasphemous task involving our world.  Others have been trying to get to our world too, completely ignoring the Spell Card Rules and attacking us"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #515 on: January 14, 2019, 10:47:13 PM »
> Step back a little more
> "Because blasphemous daemons like you started meddling in our affairs.  That Koa was sent to our world while performing some blasphemous task involving our world.  Others have been trying to get to our world too, completely ignoring the Spell Card Rules and attacking us"

> You step back.

> "Hmm? I've not been meddling in affairs of anyone in other dimensions. You're the one meddling in my affairs. And I couldn't give a hoot about your rules and regulations. I doubt many daemons would to be honest."

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #516 on: January 14, 2019, 11:25:40 PM »
> "Well you were occupying Wonderland and the mage that created it lives in my world"
> "And back to the point, we don't want you occupying Wonderland again"

> Is it possible to speak to Louise in private outside or would it be risky to leave her unattended?

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #517 on: January 14, 2019, 11:28:03 PM »
//I hope kogasa remembers her promise to Alice

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #518 on: January 14, 2019, 11:46:30 PM »
> "Well you were occupying Wonderland and the mage that created it lives in my world"
> "And back to the point, we don't want you occupying Wonderland again"

> Is it possible to speak to Louise in private outside or would it be risky to leave her unattended?

> Halfway through your first sentence, Kogasa moves quickly and covers your mouth with her tongue, before going 'shhhhh'. It seems she dosen't want you doing that.

> "Whatever, if a bunch like you could drive me out of it, it's not worth being a base."

> There is Kogasa and Luci. Donitia seems to be flying around outside, playing with the surviving fairies, but you doubt she's listening to you.

//I hope kogasa remembers her promise to Alice

// She didn't strictly make a promise, but she remembers Alice didn't want her whereabouts known to the daemons.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #519 on: January 15, 2019, 12:00:38 AM »
// Rumia didn't know about the promise so its only natural she'd say that

> "I guess as long as Wonderland is clear we can all go our separate ways"

> Walk outside and motion Louise to follow
> Once outside whisper "I don't want her to attack us when we release her, can you put her to sleep or knock her out?"

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #520 on: January 15, 2019, 12:30:39 AM »
>"You shouldn't really reject your sister, by the way. The two of you have a bond that nobody else will have, and that's your family..."

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #521 on: January 15, 2019, 01:47:29 AM »
> "... a bond I never had and likely never will ..."
> Be disappointed as we say this

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #522 on: January 15, 2019, 08:41:08 PM »
// Rumia didn't know about the promise so its only natural she'd say that

> "I guess as long as Wonderland is clear we can all go our separate ways

>"You shouldn't really reject your sister, by the way. The two of you have a bond that nobody else will have, and that's your family..."

> "... a bond I never had and likely never will ..."
> Be disappointed as we say this

> "I don't get why the place is important to you, but whatever. I lost. I can give my word at least as the terms of my defeat."

> "All daemons are technically related. We all originate from the Maisma." Geala states.

> "You're a Darkness Youkai, dosen't that mean a Light Youkai or something would be your sister?" Kogasa asks, before thinking. "If another Umbrella made by the same person came to life... would that be my sister? Or Brother? Even if it wasn't an eggplant-like one? Is the person who made me my mother or father, or the person who forgot about me and left me? Or would something else the same person forgot be my family? Or something else made by the same person?"

> Kogasa uses her free hand to rub her hair in frustration. "Uuuu, Families are surprisingly confusing!"

> You leave Kogasa to her pondering for the moment and fly out of the cave with Louise.

> "Sleep is Malediction, I'm awful at that as it's the opposite of Enhancement, and I'm not good with raw power. It's probobly best to knock her out yourself or get Luci or Kogasa to." Louise says with a noticeable rasp i her voice due to the regenerating hole in her throat.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #523 on: January 15, 2019, 09:22:06 PM »
// Louise said she specializes in enchantments *and* curses, aren't curses Malediction?
> "I should probobly say that I specialize in Enchantments and Curses. Pretty rare in Makai, most go for direct combat magic and animation."

> Wave for Luci to come outside
> Whisper "I'm worried that she might attack us when we release her but don't want to be mean and knock her out, could you put her to sleep?"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #524 on: January 15, 2019, 11:36:25 PM »
// Louise said she specializes in enchantments *and* curses, aren't curses Malediction?
> Wave for Luci to come outside
> Whisper "I'm worried that she might attack us when we release her but don't want to be mean and knock her out, could you put her to sleep?"

// Got Louise's powers mixed with Byakuren then for a moment. my bad. Louise does debuffs. In an RP sense, she manipulates stat numbers. She makes you stronger, fast, more durable, increases your stamina... and she can reduce the enemy's. If you had to put her as a Final Fantasy class, she'd be a Time Mage. Indeed, her trademark spells are Haste and Slow. That said; she probobly could cast Sleep, it's just not her expertise. Also kinda hard to cast spells with a hole in your throat.

> Luci comes outside.

> "I'm not sure if I should get involved in that sort of way... but..."

> The is a loud noise from the cave. You see a surprised Kogasa having knocked out the larger daemon; shaking with her umbrella almost entiely upside-down, the thing clearly having been swung so the geta on the bottom was used as a bludgeon.

> "She jumped at Geala!" Kogasa yells. "I paniced!"
« Last Edit: January 15, 2019, 11:39:42 PM by Raikaria »

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #525 on: January 15, 2019, 11:50:13 PM »
> "Ahh, excellent timing!  I wanted to incapacitate her anyways so we can release her, though I was trying to think of a less mean way to do it"

> Let Louise remove the chains

> "Well Geala I'm sorry I couldn't convince your sister to help you.  I still believe that deep down she has the potential to be good..."

> With that, lets part ways and head back to the Makai passage

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #526 on: January 16, 2019, 08:38:22 AM »
>"Are you hurt at all? You did just use yourself as a club, so I want to make sure you're okay..."

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #527 on: January 16, 2019, 06:36:31 PM »
> "Ahh, excellent timing!  I wanted to incapacitate her anyways so we can release her, though I was trying to think of a less mean way to do it"

> Let Louise remove the chains

> "Well Geala I'm sorry I couldn't convince your sister to help you.  I still believe that deep down she has the potential to be good..."

> With that, lets part ways and head back to the Makai passage

> Kogasa looks proud of herself as Louise unchains the daemon.

> "I didn't want her helping me in the first place." the younger daemon says. "I mean it's cool you stopped her mugging people but that dosen't make her my issue."

> Your group starts to leave the cave. Donitia seems to be unaware or uninterested in this and continues playing with the other fairies.

>"Are you hurt at all? You did just use yourself as a club, so I want to make sure you're okay..."

> "I'm alright." Kogasa says. "I have a shoe on!"

> "I should probobly start heading home." Louise says afterwards. "Everything that's happened the last few days is quite a lot of activity for someone who's not done much for a few aeons. It's not that far to the portal back regardless"

> "I'll still go with you guys." Luci says. "I wanna see a dimensional portal. Never seen one before. I know I'm not allowed to use it but I wanna see it."

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #528 on: January 16, 2019, 06:55:49 PM »
> "Donita, you coming?"
> Head back to the portal and look around for Mayina
> "Well now there's theres the issue of Mayina's punishment, how do you think we can get him to comply until I'm strong enough for him to accept to be my familiar?"
> Do we feel like we have gotten any stronger?
> "I can't have him wandering off and sneaking in to Makai..."

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #529 on: January 17, 2019, 12:18:18 AM »
> "Donita, you coming?"
> Head back to the portal and look around for Mayina
> "Well now there's theres the issue of Mayina's punishment, how do you think we can get him to comply until I'm strong enough for him to accept to be my familiar?"
> Do we feel like we have gotten any stronger?
> "I can't have him wandering off and sneaking in to Makai..."

> The fairy seemingly ignores you, she's too busy playing.

--

> You arrive at the dimensional portal, along with Kogasa and Luci; who has been quiet during the flight. Mayina is still encased in ice, floating in front of the portal.

> "He'll just run out of power again, right?" Kogasa says. "We'll just have to keep an eye on him until then."

> You feel no stronger.

> "Can you two spare a few minutes?" Luci's voice says from behind you, before you feel that same, overwhelming power you felt back when the daemon bemoaned family. A surge of energy so powerful your heart skips a beat. But then, after that split moment of terror, while you still feel an overwhelming presence, it is warm and welcoming. It dosen't feel terrifying.

> "Now that there's only Gensokyians, I can make use of a loophole in the rules." a different voice says. The voice itself evokes an emotion... you haven't felt before. A mixture of calm, relaxation and warmth.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #530 on: January 17, 2019, 12:33:11 AM »
> "T-That feeling..."
> A loophole in the rules ... no interference, could it be?
> "... L-Lady Shinki?"

> Focus a bit more on the emotion the voice evokes

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #531 on: January 17, 2019, 04:41:34 PM »
//Aw, I had some last words I wanted to say to Donnie but email decided to not notify me of updates to this quest  :V

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #532 on: January 17, 2019, 05:26:03 PM »
> "T-That feeling..."
> A loophole in the rules ... no interference, could it be?
> "... L-Lady Shinki?"

> Focus a bit more on the emotion the voice evokes

> You are magically turned around to actually look towards the source of the energy when you ask. As is Kogasa.

> A being similar, although not identical, to the picture that Louise showed from her book stands before you. There are noticeable similarities to Luci as well. The dress is red, although far more ornate. The Cherry-like hair-tie, although now only holding a single side-ponytail. Her overall appearance is like that of an adult version of Luci.

> Shinki
> God-Mother of the Magic Dimension

> "Now now, no need for formalities. I may be a Goddess but I'm not your Goddess. I must apologize for deceiving you, but after you stood up to Yumeko I simply had to watch what else you'd do, but me going around Paradise in this form would likely cause mayhem. Makai hasn't had visitors from Gensokyo for several of your years. Honestly, upon your arrival given the ongoing issues I feared a repeat of last time."

> The feeling... is almost indescribable. It's a mixture of awe, powerlessness, and warmth. And some strange desire for a hug. It's... pure.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #533 on: January 17, 2019, 05:36:18 PM »
>Bow.
>"I-It's an honor to meet you."

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #534 on: January 17, 2019, 07:08:52 PM »
> "I've heard the previous visitors were aggressive, so it's understandable to want to watch us.  You're protecting your world and residents after all"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #535 on: January 17, 2019, 07:28:47 PM »
>Bow.
>"I-It's an honor to meet you."

> "I just said not to bother with formalities..." Shinki says looking a little blush.

> "I've heard the previous visitors were aggressive, so it's understandable to want to watch us.  You're protecting your world and residents after all"

> "Aggressive may have been an understatement. Those four. They were rude enough to not even introduce themselves to me."

> Shinki shakes her head a few times, before she looks back to you.

> "Regardless, I figured I would give you both something from Makai. A little gift to thank you." Shinki stated with a small smile; before she lifted a single finger, that glowed softly, and tapped the shoe on the bottom of Kogasa's umbrella.

> It shone red, and then changed into a fancy-looking red shoe. The shoes Kogasa's bodywas wearing changed to match.

> "That rainbow attack reminded me of a story I've been told." Shinki explained.. "So I thought I'd give you red shoes like the heroine of that story."

> Kogasa made a motion to look at the shoes that would have been outright bizzare to anyone who didn't know how her vision worked. She flipped her umbrella upside down and pointed the eye at her human self's feet, and then flipped it back over.

> "I don't get it, but they look nice." Kogasa says.

> The Goddess looks at you for a few moments, specifically at the ribbon upon your head.

> "How cruel." she says.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #536 on: January 17, 2019, 07:33:26 PM »
>"Huh? What do you mean?"
>"Are you looking at my ribbon?"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #537 on: January 17, 2019, 07:42:55 PM »
>"Huh? What do you mean?"
>"Are you looking at my ribbon?"

> "Ribbon? That's what you call that cruel implement? Whoever fashioned such a thing has a twisted sense of both humor and fashion, to make such a thing resemble an accessory." Shinki says.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #538 on: January 17, 2019, 07:46:55 PM »
>"Well I know I can't touch it and it doesn't come off. I always thought it was some kind of seal or something. I still wonder where it came from... I've had it as long as I can remember."

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #539 on: January 17, 2019, 08:08:28 PM »
>"Well I know I can't touch it and it doesn't come off. I always thought it was some kind of seal or something. I still wonder where it came from... I've had it as long as I can remember."

> Shinki leans towards you, and puts her hands onto, and then through, the bowl-like thing on your head. It dosen't break through, her hands just... pass through.

> "As I suspected. You poor thing." she says.

> You feel the ribbon move a little. Your left arm twitches involuntarily, and stings as Shinki touches the ribbon. She actually manages to touch it. You can't see, but something tells you she touched it.

> "It's a seal. That is correct, but it's a particularly... nasty type of seal. It's complex. Technically it's thousands of different seals woven together. And every one of those is interwoven with your very body. It simply takes the form of a ribbon on this case. Whatever did this to you really, really wanted to keep you sealed. If I were to rip it off, and that is completely within my abilities to do so, it would be like ripping your body asunder. You would not survive."