Author Topic: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai  (Read 225149 times)

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
« Reply #420 on: December 31, 2018, 02:55:14 PM »
>"So, what are we going to do with her? I'd rather not kill her if we don't have to..."

> Louise floats over.

> "Makai isn't exactly large on law enforcement." Louise says. "Unless you'd rather risk dragging her all the way to Paradise, and even then we don't have proof. The best thing to do would be to just dump her somewhere. Perhaps she's learnt her lesson."

> Do we know any sealing/binding magic?
> "Do we have a way to seal or bind her so she is not a threat?  So we can ask about why she was occupying Wonderland and why she was misleading Koas under the false idea of being independent when they really worked for her"

> No

> Louise opens her luggage again and pulls out the magical cuffs she used on Mayina before.

> "I wouldn't bet on her waking up anytime soon however." Louise says, putting the cuffs on the daemon. She is in quite a state.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #421 on: December 31, 2018, 04:21:29 PM »
> "I guess the other two daemons were scared off... I doubt they will be working for someone like her again any time soon"
> "Lets take her somewhere away from Wonderland, hopefully she will wake up on the way there"
> "I doubt any of us want to carry her while shes unconscious, so lets try sliding her on to a barrier"
> Form a simple flat barrier next to her on the ground and lay her on it
> See if we can lift up the barrier with her on it

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #422 on: January 01, 2019, 07:35:30 PM »
> "I guess the other two daemons were scared off... I doubt they will be working for someone like her again any time soon"
> "Lets take her somewhere away from Wonderland, hopefully she will wake up on the way there"
> "I doubt any of us want to carry her while shes unconscious, so lets try sliding her on to a barrier"
> Form a simple flat barrier next to her on the ground and lay her on it
> See if we can lift up the barrier with her on it

> "They were more likly scared of that last blast." Louise says. "Still; they're probobly scared of getting someone serious after them if they pull something like that."

> You cannot make a barrier strong enough to hold a person. The barrier is mostly to do things like filter out light, not carry physical objects.

> Luci, however reacts to your statement, and chants some words in Makaian. The deamoness glows a faint gold, before she levitates just off the ground.

> "I belive you owe us an explanation anyway, Miss Louise." Luci says.

> Louise looks to the side, and sweats a little. "Uuuu... I did say that didn't I? I suppose it can't be helped. I prefer to keep this hidden but I suppose you're owed the truth."

> Louise lets go of her luggage, and grabs your wrist with one of her hands, and Kogasa's spare wrist with her other one. She moves you hand to the side of her neck, then she moves yours away and puts Kogasa's there.

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

Hope ♦ Metal

• Royal Flares Can't Melt Steel Beams
  • Donald Trump will make waifus real
« Reply #423 on: January 01, 2019, 08:19:23 PM »
>"Huh? What are you doing?"
>Do we feel anything different?

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #424 on: January 01, 2019, 08:25:27 PM »
>"Huh? What are you doing?"
>Do we feel anything different?

> "Couldn't you tell? You've done it a few times." Louise says; putting your hand to her neck again.

> What you feel that's different when you touch Louise's neck is a distinct lack of a pulse.

Hope ♦ Metal

« Reply #425 on: January 01, 2019, 08:42:26 PM »
>"I don't feel anything... Is that why you weren't afraid to go after the bandits first?"

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #426 on: January 01, 2019, 08:51:28 PM »
> "Wait, are you ... a g-ghost?"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #427 on: January 01, 2019, 08:55:55 PM »
>"I don't feel anything... Is that why you weren't afraid to go after the bandits first?"

> "Exactly." Louise says calmly.

> "Wait, are you ... a g-ghost?"

> "The Makai equivalent. I'm a Phantom. Such beings are incredibly rare here. We don't have the convoluted afterlife that your world does. Specifically; I'm a Phantom because of my ability. It was the ability to Live after Death. It triggered when I... well... died. And since I'm already deceased, I don't need to worry about dying again."

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #428 on: January 01, 2019, 09:05:20 PM »
> "Whoa, did you know about your ability before you became a phantom?"
> "How come you can touch and hold things?  I always imagined ghosts could noclip walk through walls."

> As the Youkai of Darkness can we actually die or as long as there is faith/fear of darkness can we live on?  Or do we not know?

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #430 on: January 01, 2019, 09:11:58 PM »
> "Whoa, did you know about your ability before you became a phantom?"
> "How come you can touch and hold things?  I always imagined ghosts could noclip walk through walls."

> As the Youkai of Darkness can we actually die or as long as there is faith/fear of darkness can we live on?  Or do we not know?

> "No. I was actually asleep when I died." Louise says.

> "You think Phantoms are incapable of touching things? That Mima was a ghost of some kind, and yet she held her stave." Louise says; sounding legitimately perplexed.

> You are not a God, so your life isn't strictly bound to human emotion. That said, you can change in power slightly based on human emotion around you. You get a higher Vigor stat when around humans scared of the dark. [Basically you can fight harder and for a little longer; think Morale/Stamina as well]

> If Youkai lived and died based on the relations of their abilities and humans, you'd be as powerful as Yuuka; if not moreso, as Darkness is a Primal Fear. Kogasa would probobly be a regular umbrella considering her...  'ability' to surprise people.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #431 on: January 01, 2019, 09:40:59 PM »
> "That's scary...  the thought of not waking up after going to sleep"
> "What happens to people without your ability in Makai?  Yumeko mentioned something about their soul returning to Makai"
> "If someone really wants to live on, are there other ways to do so?"
> Were we ever afraid of the dark?

> In the mean time start flying out of Wonderland now that we don't have to carry the daemoness

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #432 on: January 01, 2019, 10:26:55 PM »
> "That's scary...  the thought of not waking up after going to sleep"
> "What happens to people without your ability in Makai?  Yumeko mentioned something about their soul returning to Makai"
> "If someone really wants to live on, are there other ways to do so?"
> Were we ever afraid of the dark?

> In the mean time start flying out of Wonderland now that we don't have to carry the daemoness

> "Well, it went beyond merely going to sleep and waking up dead." Louise says, a sombre look suddenly filling her eyes. "Try waking up and having everything you knew be destroyed; and then looking down and seeing what remains of your body. I was asleep so I don't know the exact details... but it couldn't have been pretty."

> "If a native of Makai dies; they simply return to Makai and become part of it again. Everything of Makai was ultimately created by Lady Shinki, and it all returns to her." Louise says. "The exception is something that is eradicated, considered unfit to return to the Lady. Those who are not of Makai, we have an extradition deal for their souls. They are returned to their home dimension where they can go to whatever afterlife awaits them. Likewise any beings working a servitude contract in another world; should something befall them; have their spirits returned to Makai. This is why there's not many like me in Makai. I guess you could say I'm a loophole because my ability was specifically to live after death."

> Louise chuckles a little. "Simple, don't die. It may not look like it; but daemons like Mai are thousands and thousands of Aeons old. Age isn't an issue here, for Daemons at least. Most Witches don't care about the passage of time much either. Magic doesn't really age. I'd imagine age might be a thing for other races that aren't almost entirely founded in magic like those however."

> Luci looks to be thinking, then looks like she was going to ask something, but then seemed to decide against it.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2019, 10:28:28 PM by Raikaria »

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #433 on: January 01, 2019, 10:54:49 PM »
> "That's harder than it sounds...  Here there is rule-less style of fighting, and even in Gensokyo you can have a bad day"
> "I'm not sure how ageing works... I've always been small, shouldn't I have grown to about your size considering I'm much older than I look?"
> "Luci, is something on your mind?"

> Any signs of the daemoness waking up?

> Were we ever afraid of the dark? (From last post)

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #434 on: January 01, 2019, 11:42:09 PM »
> "That's harder than it sounds...  Here there is rule-less style of fighting, and even in Gensokyo you can have a bad day"
> "I'm not sure how ageing works... I've always been small, shouldn't I have grown to about your size considering I'm much older than I look?"
> "Luci, is something on your mind?"

> Any signs of the daemoness waking up?

> Were we ever afraid of the dark? (From last post)

> Louise shakes her head. "I'm pretty sure I wasn't killed in a fight. Almost everything I knew was lost that night."

> "Don't youkai age very very slowly?" Kogasa asks.

> "Indeed, there was a Youkai sealed in Makai for over 1,000 years in regards to your world, and she did not look like she aged a day, according to the news a while back." Louise adds.

> Luci nods, before she looks at Louise. "I don't mean to pry... but where did you die? I'm pretty sure I'd have seen you around Paradise before if you were from there. You don't dress or act like a Paradise local either, but you seem... well... uh... settled?"

> Louise is quiet for a few moments. "Well, it's simple isn't it? I lived in Vina. No-one survived Vina. I'm not alive. I'm Undead. Whatever happened to Vina, I went to sleep and woke up dead. And so was everyone else. Except they didn't wake up..."

> Louise looks... frustrated more than upset, her hands balled into fists and shaking as she looks down. Wisps of blue are coming off her.

> No sign.

> While you can't see in the dark, you're not scared of it. [It's not like you can see well in the light either anyway] You never were. Youkai don't fear the dark. Everything else does. And it's youkai's jobs to keep it that way~

[OCC: Louise's title and relation have been updated now she's not as much of a mystery and has opened up]
« Last Edit: January 01, 2019, 11:45:32 PM by Raikaria »

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #435 on: January 02, 2019, 12:03:25 AM »
// Hasn't our relationship with Donita also improved?
> "What happened in Vina was horrible and depressing"
> "Sorry if we stirred painful memories..."
> "We'll help you any way we can, like finding out what happened and who did this"
> "So far we know of two possible explanations, one being an Inquisition was carried out the other being and attack by Lumina"
> "Do you remember anything from before you died?  Like if you knew rumors of something blasphemous?"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #436 on: January 02, 2019, 10:56:28 AM »
// Hasn't our relationship with Donita also improved?
> "What happened in Vina was horrible and depressing"
> "Sorry if we stirred painful memories..."
> "We'll help you any way we can, like finding out what happened and who did this"
> "So far we know of two possible explanations, one being an Inquisition was carried out the other being and attack by Lumina"
> "Do you remember anything from before you died?  Like if you knew rumors of something blasphemous?"

[Not really. She's mostly doing her own thing and is tagging along because she's finding it amusing. She's still unfriendly, her loyalty is to amusement and fun. If she decided it was more fun to attack you she would.

Also she may be a Fairy but even she's not dumb enough to pick a fight with you; Kogasa; Louise and Luci at once. She'd be more likly to leave if bored.]

> "I don't have memories of whatever happened." Louise says. "I just feel responsible. If I wasn't asleep, maybe I could have saved some people with my magic. Or I might have known what happened."

> "While the offer is appreciated, I've been attempting to do that for Aeons, and I haven't found anything." Louise says.

> "While some people say it was Yumeko, I'm unsure. If it was Yumeko, she might have Eradicated me instead of simply killing me. I wouldn't even be a Phantom." Louise says. "Not to mention she surely would have reacted to me being in the Frozen Fields, that event today made me even less sure of Yumeko being responsible. That said, I did see Yumeko leaving Vina shortly after I awoke. She was there. At some point between what happened and me waking. But I can't say for sure why she was there, or even when she arrived."

> "I didn't live in the city proper. I lived in a mansion on the outskirts. The ruins of which are still my home." Louise says. "I hadn't heard of anything happening that was suspicious."

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #437 on: January 02, 2019, 01:26:16 PM »
> "Well that would make Lumina our primary suspect for now"
> "You didn't have any help until now though"
> "How close are the ruins of Vina from here?  It might be a good place to take her to"  Point at the daemoness

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #438 on: January 02, 2019, 07:28:44 PM »
> "Well that would make Lumina our primary suspect for now"
> "You didn't have any help until now though"
> "How close are the ruins of Vina from here?  It might be a good place to take her to"  Point at the daemoness

> "Perhaps; except I'm fairly sure the legends were before my time. I... can't remember. It was so long ago..." Louise says.

> "They are days of travel away." Louise replies. "It's an awful idea to take her there. Not to mention by the time we'd have gone there and back the maisma probobly would have started effecting you through the skin."

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #439 on: January 02, 2019, 07:39:19 PM »
> "Alright, then lets head back towards the cave where we met Geala (the Mana Crystal Hunter) so we can leave the daemoness there and interrogate her if she wakes up before we get there"
> If everyone agrees start heading in that general direction (and on the way pay attention to any signs of the daemoness waking)
> Are we feeling any effects from the Miasma?

Hope ♦ Metal

« Reply #440 on: January 02, 2019, 07:59:31 PM »
>How long have we been in Makai so far?

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #441 on: January 02, 2019, 10:58:46 PM »
> "Alright, then lets head back towards the cave where we met Geala (the Mana Crystal Hunter) so we can leave the daemoness there and interrogate her if she wakes up before we get there"
> If everyone agrees start heading in that general direction (and on the way pay attention to any signs of the daemoness waking)
> Are we feeling any effects from the Miasma?

> No-one objects, so you head back near the settlement and the area cleared by Geala.

> The Daemoness seems to be showing no sign of waking, but is healing gradually.

> No

>How long have we been in Makai so far?

> It is hard to judge the time in a world without a sun. You honestly don't know. Probably several hours, but not a day.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #442 on: January 02, 2019, 11:10:33 PM »
> When we get there if she has not woken up shake her shoulder/head.  Try and wake her up
> If she doesn't react:
>> "Some water might wake her up"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #443 on: January 03, 2019, 07:23:37 PM »
> When we get there if she has not woken up shake her shoulder/head.  Try and wake her up
> If she doesn't react:
>> "Some water might wake her up"

> She has not awoken upon your arrival.

> You attempt to wake her up. There is a reaction, mostly groaning, but she dosen't seem to wake up.  She dosen't look like a charred mess anymore, although she's still covered in minor injuries and her wings are still in tatters.

> Kogasa responds by spinning her umbrella around and splashing the deamoness in the face, this makes her eyes open, even redder than before due to looking bloodshot, and then she starts spluttering and coughing.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #444 on: January 03, 2019, 08:12:49 PM »
> "Sorry about that but you weren't waking up!"
> Wait for her to finish coughing/whatever she needs to do

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #445 on: January 05, 2019, 05:38:18 PM »
> "Sorry about that but you weren't waking up!"
> Wait for her to finish coughing/whatever she needs to do

> She splutters a bit more until Kogasa gets the hint and stops.

> "Uuugh... why didn't you just kill me?" she grumbles. "Might be preferable to this pain..."

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #446 on: January 05, 2019, 06:37:21 PM »
>"Killing is frowned upon where my friend and I come from. Besides, I highly doubt you would've wanted to talk if we approached you directly, what with the whole bandit thing and all."
>"What's your name anyway?"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #447 on: January 05, 2019, 07:51:27 PM »
>"Killing is frowned upon where my friend and I come from. Besides, I highly doubt you would've wanted to talk if we approached you directly, what with the whole bandit thing and all."
>"What's your name anyway?"

> The daemoness scoffs.

> This question seems to catch the female off guard momentarily.

> "I've never been given a name." she says. "Koas are given names, and I only just went up in rank. I never... well... thought of one yet. So yeah; don't have a name. The others just called me Boss."

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #448 on: January 05, 2019, 07:54:18 PM »
>What does she look like, again?

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #449 on: January 05, 2019, 10:14:12 PM »
> Were we given our name, did we choose it ourselves or is it something we just always knew?

> "Well you can think of one now and we can just call you Boss until you figure it out"