Author Topic: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai  (Read 225091 times)

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
« Reply #300 on: December 04, 2018, 07:28:23 PM »
>"What kind of trees are these?"
>Point to one of the crystal fruit trees

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #301 on: December 04, 2018, 07:41:07 PM »
> "What do you think of the crystals on those trees?"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #302 on: December 04, 2018, 09:08:08 PM »
>"What kind of trees are these?"
>Point to one of the crystal fruit trees

> "How would I put it..." Luci says.

> "They're our equivalent to Apple trees." Louise says, picking one of the fruits. It looks like a crystalline Pentagonal Prism [3D Pentagon], in green and red.

> "What do you think of the crystals on those trees?"

> "They're Tasty! That's a Pentle!" Luci says, before her face changes and she makes a mocking face "Oh wait you can't eat it it's probobly poisonous to you, isn't it bowl-head."

> Louise looks at the Pentle.

> "It might work. We'd have to put a fair amount of illusions and enchantments on it." she says. "We'd also probobly end up wasteing a fair bit of the Pentle."

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #303 on: December 04, 2018, 09:15:31 PM »
> Is it solid and gem like?

> Pick one ourselves to keep, gotta show our friends something cool from our trip!

> "What kind of enchantments are we going to add?  I can manipulate darkness if that helps"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #304 on: December 04, 2018, 09:46:01 PM »
> Is it solid and gem like?

> Pick one ourselves to keep, gotta show our friends something cool from our trip!

> "What kind of enchantments are we going to add?  I can manipulate darkness if that helps"

> It looks solid, but if it's a fruit, then it's probobly not actually gem-like or tough.

> You pick a Pentle and pocket it. It indeed dsen't feel tough, but it is smooth, but you can feel it's got a lot of magic inside it.

> "It might if we need to reduce the luster." Louise says. "We'd need to shape it, remove the smell, increase the durabilty, change the texture..." Louise says, pulling a small knife out of her luggage. Not a weapon, but a simple, small cutting one.

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #305 on: December 04, 2018, 09:52:09 PM »
> "How'd you get that past the metal detector, Louise?"
> "Lets try making it more crystal or glass like first, then let's try adding a glow to it"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #306 on: December 05, 2018, 10:06:21 PM »
> "How'd you get that past the metal detector, Louise?"
> "Lets try making it more crystal or glass like first, then let's try adding a glow to it"

> "Well; firstly that means it will need to be compressed." Louise says, before she hands the fruit to you.

> "I'm pretty confident that you're the physically strongest here to compress it." Louise says. "Especially if I strengthen you."

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #307 on: December 05, 2018, 10:32:13 PM »
> "Lets see what Youkai Strength and barrier implosion can do to this pentle!  Strengthen me once I get to the point where it gets hard"
> Form a spherical darkness barrier around the pentle, then using both our Youkai Strength and the barrier compact it as far as we can.  Make sure to hold it in a way so if it explodes we don't get pentle juice all over us!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #308 on: December 06, 2018, 05:07:29 PM »
> "Lets see what Youkai Strength and barrier implosion can do to this pentle!  Strengthen me once I get to the point where it gets hard"
> Form a spherical darkness barrier around the pentle, then using both our Youkai Strength and the barrier compact it as far as we can.  Make sure to hold it in a way so if it explodes we don't get pentle juice all over us!

>You form a barrier around the fruit, and then start pushing against it. The barrier doesn't exactly help; the crushing is done by your hands after all, but you don't know what's inside the Makai fruit, and what, if any effect it could have on your skin. Best to be safe.

> A cyan liquid starts flowing out of the fruit as you crush it. It's actually fairly resilient to being crushed. Occasionally some of the fruit's internal pulp comes out as well... and it seems to be various colors. Sometimes red, sometimes yellow, sometimes purple... crazy magic rainbow fruit. It smells... weird. Like a mixture of sake and the Forest of Magic.

> The fruit cannot be pressed any further, at least in the direction you have been crushing.

Hope ♦ Metal

• Royal Flares Can't Melt Steel Beams
  • Donald Trump will make waifus real
« Reply #309 on: December 06, 2018, 05:30:41 PM »
>Try crushing it in a different direction.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #310 on: December 06, 2018, 06:30:49 PM »
> Any seeds fall out?
> Also, sake?!  Do these things ferment?
> Do we even like sake?  Or are we considered "underage"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #311 on: December 06, 2018, 10:22:06 PM »
>Try crushing it in a different direction.

> You manage to crush the Pentle a bit more by crushing it in a different direction.

> Any seeds fall out?
> Also, sake?!  Do these things ferment?
> Do we even like sake?  Or are we considered "underage"

> You have not seen anything resembling a seed.

> You're not sure if it ferments.

> You're not considered underage. Just because you're physically young dosen't mean you're young. Even most of the fairies drink! Still, it's not a major habit of yours, you only really drink at celebrations and can't hold your drink well.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #312 on: December 06, 2018, 10:25:03 PM »
>imagine a drunk cirno and shudder

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #313 on: December 06, 2018, 11:00:46 PM »
> What is drunk Rumia like?
> Do we have the tolerance of a 10 year old?
> "Its crushed, what should we do next?  There is quite a lot of juice and pulp coming out, we need to get rid of it for it to pass as a crystal"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #314 on: December 07, 2018, 02:53:46 PM »
>imagine a drunk cirno and shudder

> Why imagine what you've seen? You do shudder however at the memory of that cold.

> What is drunk Rumia like?
> Do we have the tolerance of a 10 year old?
> "Its crushed, what should we do next?  There is quite a lot of juice and pulp coming out, we need to get rid of it for it to pass as a crystal"

> You're usually a semi-blind [thanks to your darkness bubble and inability to see in the dark], mostly carefree, somewhat bumbleing youkai. When drunk you're just absolutely hopeless and seem to be magnetized to tree trunks. You're not sure if you wake up hungover or concussed.

> You are unsure of what the tolerance of a human 10 year old would be. [Not quite that bad, but she's a lightweight.]

> Louise looks at the crushed Pentle, and then to Kogasa.

> "You can do some sort of water magic, right?"

> Kogasa nods.

> "Rinse it out, get the juice and flesh off it, and clean the skin." Louise says.

> "Someone's gonna have to hold it for me then." Kogasa says. "It's gonna be hard to hold something while I'm spinning. Also, you'll probobly get wet."

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #315 on: December 07, 2018, 03:29:30 PM »
> "I'll "hold" it"
> Dispel our original barrier around it and pin it between 2 small circle barriers on it's top and bottom,  apply some amount of force to keep it pinned
> Oh also get out of the way and form a barrier between us and Kogasa so we don't get wet

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #316 on: December 07, 2018, 09:14:20 PM »
> "I'll "hold" it"
> Dispel our original barrier around it and pin it between 2 small circle barriers on it's top and bottom,  apply some amount of force to keep it pinned
> Oh also get out of the way and form a barrier between us and Kogasa so we don't get wet

> You form a couple of small barriers to hold the Pentle in place [Luckily it's very light] and another basic barrier to cover yourself from what you think is coming.

> Kogasa starts to spin her umbrella around and around and around, faster and faster, until drops of water start flying off it everywhere. The focus of them is roughly on the Pentle, but everywhere is getting splashed.

> After a short while you start to notice Kogasa's eyes spinning around and around and her wobbling a bit.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #317 on: December 07, 2018, 09:26:17 PM »
> "You alright Kogasa?"
> Once the water stops splashing around drop the barrier infront of us and check how it looks

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #318 on: December 07, 2018, 09:34:06 PM »
> "You alright Kogasa?"
> Once the water stops splashing around drop the barrier infront of us and check how it looks

> "Bewwwo bello bwah..." she mutters as she sways while she keeps spinning the umbrella.

> Kogasa stops spinning after a few more moments. She's clearly dizzy.

> The Pentle is wet, and has been cleaned. The skin looks significantly shinier.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #319 on: December 07, 2018, 09:36:56 PM »
> Turn towards Louise
> "What should we add next?  A shimmer?  Can we make it translucent?"

> Experiment a little and see if anything interesting happens: (We are trying to add a faint glow but any other effects will be interesting too)
> Think of the Pentle being darkened (we know we can do this already but try regardless to get a feeling on how it affects the Pentle)
> Think of the Pentle not being darkened, try to imagine an absence of darkness or the opposite of what we did before
> Think of the Pentle's darkness and try and imagine its darkness somewhere else
> Visualize what a very bright Pentle would look like and next to it a pitch black Pentle, then try and shift our image of the current Pentle towards the one that's bright
> Imagine Gensokyo's bright sun on a summer day shining on the Pentle

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #320 on: December 10, 2018, 09:17:58 AM »
> Turn towards Louise
> "What should we add next?  A shimmer?  Can we make it translucent?"

> Experiment a little and see if anything interesting happens: (We are trying to add a faint glow but any other effects will be interesting too)
> Think of the Pentle being darkened (we know we can do this already but try regardless to get a feeling on how it affects the Pentle)
> Think of the Pentle not being darkened, try to imagine an absence of darkness or the opposite of what we did before
> Think of the Pentle's darkness and try and imagine its darkness somewhere else
> Visualize what a very bright Pentle would look like and next to it a pitch black Pentle, then try and shift our image of the current Pentle towards the one that's bright
> Imagine Gensokyo's bright sun on a summer day shining on the Pentle

[Apologies for the delay. I've been occupied with IRL stuff.]

> "It shouldn't be translucent." Louise says. "Magic Crystals are bright and shine; but they're also solid, being condensed magic."

> You make the Pentle appear darker by using your darkness.

> You then attempt to do the opposite. The crushed fruit returns to normal and nothing else happens.

> You try and move the darkness of the fruit somewhere else. Nothing happens.

> Despite your other efforts, you are unable to make the already fairly bright blue fruit's husk any brighter.

> Louise, while you are doing this, starts to make Maisma flow into the hole at the bottom of the fruit.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #321 on: December 10, 2018, 01:37:15 PM »
> It's a shame we couldn't add some glow or shimmer to it
> Try one last thing, imagine everything around us being darker except the Pentle and see if that makes it "appear" or "feel" brighter when in fact it's not
> Reverse what we did so Louise can see

> Watch and see if the miasma makes the fruit look any different

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #322 on: December 12, 2018, 06:56:20 PM »
> It's a shame we couldn't add some glow or shimmer to it
> Try one last thing, imagine everything around us being darker except the Pentle and see if that makes it "appear" or "feel" brighter when in fact it's not
> Reverse what we did so Louise can see

> Watch and see if the miasma makes the fruit look any different

> Well; you are a Darkness Youkai, not a sparkles Youkai.

> You try to make everything but the Pentle darker, but the darkness you create doing this blocks out the light reaching the fruit as well, causing it to darken as well.

> Reverseing this just ends up putting the fruit in a sphere of darkness.

> The maisma makes the crushed fruit fill out a little bit. It still looks crumpled and certainly not shaped like it originally was. But now it looks a little like it could pass for some sort of blue rock.

> Louise casts a small spell; and the bottom of the fruit seals itself up. It feels a bit warm.

Hope ♦ Metal

• Royal Flares Can't Melt Steel Beams
  • Donald Trump will make waifus real
« Reply #323 on: December 12, 2018, 07:23:49 PM »
>"Well, it looks more like a rock now, but it's not shiny like a crystal. Anyone have any ideas for what we could try next?"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #324 on: December 12, 2018, 09:18:24 PM »
>"Well, it looks more like a rock now, but it's not shiny like a crystal. Anyone have any ideas for what we could try next?"

> Louise firstly casts another spell; and you feel the texture of the fruit change on your hand, now feeling less like a fruit, and smoother. Like it's not been forced into such a shape.

> "Yes, the lustre is the only thing we're missing now." Louise says.

> "Ooh, everyone else has done things! It's my turn!" Luci says.

> She puts a finger on the Pentle [Saying 'Boop' as she does], and it suddenly starts sparkling, looking like an actual gemstone. She then floats back a few steps worth, looking happy.

> "It didn't look like that was a spell." Louise says.

> "Oh, I just have the power to make minor changes in appearances." Luci says. "Maybe when I'm older I'll be able to do more than minor things. It's my ability~"

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #325 on: December 12, 2018, 11:02:42 PM »
> "Wow that's really useful!"
> Turn to Louise
> "How do abilities work if they are not spells?  Most of us Youkai have an ability although I've never understood how my manipulation of darkness works, neither why I can use barriers, I've only seen shrine maidens do that, and they use barriers to seal us Youkai..."
> "Oh and do you have an ability, Louise?"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #326 on: December 13, 2018, 08:44:34 AM »
> "Wow that's really useful!"
> Turn to Louise
> "How do abilities work if they are not spells?  Most of us Youkai have an ability although I've never understood how my manipulation of darkness works, neither why I can use barriers, I've only seen shrine maidens do that, and they use barriers to seal us Youkai..."
> "Oh and do you have an ability, Louise?"

> "Aw, it's not that useful." Luci says.

> "Spells for the most part require some sort of incantation, or magical sigil, or even a focus like a Staff. The magic needs to be molded. Abilities... you just use them." Louise says. "If someone were to cast a Fireball spell; they'd need to either say something or form some sort of magic sigil. Someone who's ability is pyromancy can just throw a fireball. About the only exception is for minor magic used by a very powerful magic user. In that case, they can just instantly cast it. Like Yuki with those small embers she was toying with."

> Louise looks a little surprised. And then looks slightly... upset as she looks away from you a little.

> "I... suppose you could say that I... had an ability. It's not one I have control over. I don't like talking about it."

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #327 on: December 13, 2018, 08:48:47 AM »
>"O-Oh..."

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #328 on: December 13, 2018, 10:08:57 AM »
> Lets not pry, this sounds sensitive
> "Well we have our "crystal" now, so let's get to work with the next part of our plan which is to get them jealous over possession of the crystal... that should be enough for them to betray each other and do most of the work for us"
> "However there's multiple ways to do that, my suggestion is that we arrange for one of them to "find" the crystal, preferably the most greedy one"
> "That way no one of us has to get close and risk being hurt, besides watching them quarrel over it might be interesting!"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #329 on: December 13, 2018, 06:43:43 PM »
>"O-Oh..."

> Louise dosen't respond.

> Lets not pry, this sounds sensitive
> "Well we have our "crystal" now, so let's get to work with the next part of our plan which is to get them jealous over possession of the crystal... that should be enough for them to betray each other and do most of the work for us"
> "However there's multiple ways to do that, my suggestion is that we arrange for one of them to "find" the crystal, preferably the most greedy one"
> "That way no one of us has to get close and risk being hurt, besides watching them quarrel over it might be interesting!"

> "How do we make sure the greediest one gets it however?" Kogasa asks.

> "The fake crystal is a bargaining chip. We can probobly use it to get them to do things for us." Louise says. "If we just let them have it, they might just sell it, thinking it real."

> "Then what do we do?" Luci asks.

> "Simple, we need to get a small group of them away from the others. Then bribe them to cause the havoc we want." Louise replies. "But to do that, we'll need bait to get the small group separate. And obviously we don't want to bite off more than we can handle; or they might just take it by force putting us back to square one."

> "Sounds risky." Kogasa comments.

> Louise smirks. "Well; it's risky for most of us. There is someone here however that is perfectly suited for the role."

> Donitia looks nervous. "Just because I respawn dosen't ****ing mean..."

> "There is a child here." Louise says. "Please try to mind your language. Besides. You are not the bait. I am."