Author Topic: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai  (Read 224138 times)

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2018, 11:39:18 PM »
>"The rules have done a lot of good for Gensokyo. Weak youkai like us can actually stand sort of a chance against stronger ones now, and it gives some humans a better chance of winning a duel with youkai as well."
>Did Cirno ever brag about beating Marisa in a spellcard duel to everyone?
>>If so: "I mean, they have to be doing good if it let Cirno here take on Marisa Kirisame in a one on one duel and win!"

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2018, 11:49:57 PM »
> "Also you don't get sealed these days after loosing a battle with the rules in effect"
> "You could just avoid the shrine maiden entirely, she wouldn't know you were unsealed and wouldn't try to seal you again, meanwhile you could search for ways to get more powerful"

// I do want to ask why Mima got sealed but I'm not sure how to word it nicely.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2018, 02:47:25 PM »
>"The rules have done a lot of good for Gensokyo. Weak youkai like us can actually stand sort of a chance against stronger ones now, and it gives some humans a better chance of winning a duel with youkai as well."
>Did Cirno ever brag about beating Marisa in a spellcard duel to everyone?
>>If so: "I mean, they have to be doing good if it let Cirno here take on Marisa Kirisame in a one on one duel and win!"

> "If the weak can challenge the strong, what's the point in putting effort in to become strong? It spits in the face of hard work." the phantom says.

> No. [Because Marisa won; Cirno's the one looking beat up at the end for a reason]

> "Also you don't get sealed these days after loosing a battle with the rules in effect"
> "You could just avoid the shrine maiden entirely, she wouldn't know you were unsealed and wouldn't try to seal you again, meanwhile you could search for ways to get more powerful"

// I do want to ask why Mima got sealed but I'm not sure how to word it nicely.

> "You keep saying I need to get stronger." the spirit says. "Do you think me weak?"

> The pressure emitting from the spirit increases, the malice is thick enough it feels like you're breathing water instead of air.

> "T...this is like when Yuuka is chasing someone off..." Wriggle says.

> "Oh, you know Kazami?" the spirit says. "I suppose an insect would be tolerated by a flower."

> The feeling subsides, and the spirit looks back to you.

> "Don't interfere in my affairs and I won't interfere in yours. I'm no friend of Makai after all. I have every reason to stop you all right here."

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2018, 04:14:01 PM »
// To other players: Anything else to ask, seems like she won't be changing her mind
> She does have a point about the rules and hard work, but aren't the strong also better at spell card battles?  Ex us vs Reimu and us vs a random human?
> "Alright, we will just be on our way then"

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2018, 04:58:05 PM »
>"There's still levels of strength despite the laws. I mean, despite the slim chance under the laws, none of us would be able to win against people like Miss Reimu or Marisa, they're just that good. Plus the laws prevent anyone from dying."

>"And no, I don't think you're weak. Quite the opposite in fact. I'm just concerned about you being sealed away again, nobody should have to suffer like that..."
>Shudder.

>"And don't worry. We're not with the ones behind the incident. We just needed a way to return our prisoner on our own terms. We couldn't risk throwing him back through his portal and having him call reinforcements, nor could we risk killing him and letting them send a search party. Besides, from what we gathered by interrogating him, the ones behind the incident seem to be a separate faction within Makai."
« Last Edit: November 10, 2018, 06:01:27 PM by Evil_Nazgul0616 »

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2018, 04:58:36 PM »
//edit

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2018, 05:48:17 PM »
// Cancel my actions and perform Evil_Nazgul0616's instead

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2018, 06:01:36 PM »
//edit again sorry

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2018, 08:01:29 PM »
>"There's still levels of strength despite the laws. I mean, despite the slim chance under the laws, none of us would be able to win against people like Miss Reimu or Marisa, they're just that good. Plus the laws prevent anyone from dying."

>"And no, I don't think you're weak. Quite the opposite in fact. I'm just concerned about you being sealed away again, nobody should have to suffer like that..."
>Shudder.

>"And don't worry. We're not with the ones behind the incident. We just needed a way to return our prisoner on our own terms. We couldn't risk throwing him back through his portal and having him call reinforcements, nor could we risk killing him and letting them send a search party. Besides, from what we gathered by interrogating him, the ones behind the incident seem to be a separate faction within Makai."

> "You think I care about people dying?" the spirit asks; wiggling her ghost-tail.

> "It took getting the jump on me after an invasion of Makai to seal me. I'm not so easily put down." the spirit protests.

> "I couldn't care less what you are doing or about the incident. I'm just simply no friend of Makai. I could obstruct you just because I felt like it.

> The spirit floats towards the cave exit, but looks back and says with a smile. "Think of this encounter whenever you hear my name. Mima."

> The spirit turns to leave.

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2018, 08:24:22 PM »
//at work, would you guys mind waiting for me?

Hope ♦ Metal

• Royal Flares Can't Melt Steel Beams
  • Donald Trump will make waifus real
« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2018, 08:33:12 PM »
//I guess. I was gonna put this (don't parse pls):

>Quietly to the others so Mima can't hear: "If we let her go to the shrine she might hurt Aunn, but if we try warning Aunn about Mima, she might tell Reimu about this. And then Reimu will seal all of us most likely."
//

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2018, 08:34:20 PM »
// I was thinking maybe we could play this to our advantage with Auun, since Mima is actually a ghost and we sent Auun to look for ghosts at the shrine, any ideas?  It could prevent our relationship status from degrading.

Hope ♦ Metal

« Reply #42 on: November 10, 2018, 08:40:08 PM »
//Well if Aunn tries to exorcise Mima it would probably end badly for Aunn, so it's probably not the best idea to let that happen.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #43 on: November 10, 2018, 08:41:58 PM »
// Mima could rat us out to Reimu after being defeated in an effort not to get sealed again

Hope ♦ Metal

« Reply #44 on: November 10, 2018, 08:50:11 PM »
//So either way Reimu will find out about it, so the priority is not to let that happen. Maybe we could convinve Aunn that Reimu finding out about it will be bad for her as well, since she did let her guard down.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #45 on: November 10, 2018, 09:36:28 PM »
//On break.

>Don't parse the following without approval from another player.

>"Miss Mima, before you go, you should know that there is an adorable doglike youkai at the shrine. She was guarding this cave, and we were able to make her leave by claiming there was a ghost haunting the shrine. If she hasn't discovered our fairy friend, then she might think you're the ghost and try to attack you. Please go easy on her if that happens."

//How does this sound?

//EDIT: Will be going back to work for another two hours.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #47 on: November 10, 2018, 11:15:45 PM »
//On break.

>Don't parse the following without approval from another player.

>"Miss Mima, before you go, you should know that there is an adorable doglike youkai at the shrine. She was guarding this cave, and we were able to make her leave by claiming there was a ghost haunting the shrine. If she hasn't discovered our fairy friend, then she might think you're the ghost and try to attack you. Please go easy on her if that happens."

//How does this sound?

//EDIT: Will be going back to work for another two hours.

> "So if I find a dog-like youkai I do not think is adorable I am free to go all out?" the spirit says mockingly. "Maybe I'll tame her and make her my pet if she's a good girl."

> With that, the spirit flies up the tunnel.

> "Thank goodness she decided to leave us be." Louise remarks. "She was able to perceive me even through my Charm. I've got better since I last met her, but I still don't think I could beat her."

> Louise flicks her wrist, and a magical chain flies from it; binding Mayina's wrists together.

> "Not taking any chances with you getting your power back in Makai and trying to escape." she says. "The fairy doesn't matter, of course, but I'm definitely putting you under restraint."

> Louise reaches inside her luggage bag and pulls out an almost completely clear bubble-like sphere. She waves it around a few times. It turns slightly blue, and she turns to your group.

> "Any volunteers?" she asks.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #49 on: November 10, 2018, 11:39:33 PM »
> "What's the bubble for?"

> "Keeping the Maisma out. It would be best if someone from Gensokyo explained the situation in Gensokyo." Louise says. "It's a filter. Should keep you from suffocating in Makai's Maisma."

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #50 on: November 10, 2018, 11:42:19 PM »
>"oh, nice."
>Look around at our team

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #51 on: November 10, 2018, 11:55:34 PM »
> We *are* the leader so shouldn't we try it first?

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #52 on: November 11, 2018, 12:31:16 AM »
//The looking around is just to see how they're reacting to all this.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #53 on: November 11, 2018, 02:19:13 PM »
>"oh, nice."
>Look around at our team

> They look worried.

> "Haven't you been saying this whole time that we wouldn't survive in Makai?" Wriggle asked.

> "Last thing I wanted was you lot charging off into a portal or something." Louise says. "And naturally, you wouldn't survive. With this magic filter however, I can take someone with me."

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #54 on: November 11, 2018, 04:06:57 PM »
>"Someone? As in, singular?"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #55 on: November 11, 2018, 06:20:02 PM »
>"Someone? As in, singular?"

> "My bag isn't bottomless." Louise says. "I only have a single filter."

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #56 on: November 11, 2018, 06:24:59 PM »
>"Can the filter only hold one? Or could we squeeze more than one person in there?"

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #57 on: November 11, 2018, 07:21:05 PM »
> Visually examine the filter, how large is it?  As big as the smallest we can make our darkness sphere?

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #58 on: November 11, 2018, 09:20:02 PM »
>"Can the filter only hold one? Or could we squeeze more than one person in there?"

> It can clearly only hold one head within it. It's like a helmet.

> Visually examine the filter, how large is it?  As big as the smallest we can make our darkness sphere?

> It is a little bit larger than Louise's head. So it is significantly smaller than your condensed darkness [Which basically covers an area large enough for you to have your arms out around yourself]

> Looking closer it's appearance currently is like blue glass, except it seems to shift and shimmer, like liquid.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #59 on: November 11, 2018, 09:55:46 PM »
> "I'll try it, how does this work?"
> Approach