Topic: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai  (Read 15027 times)

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Raikaria

  • Behold my secwet weapon!
  • *
  • The Seiga Mobile!
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Gender: Male
Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
« Reply #450 on: January 05, 2019, 11:33:22 pm »
>What does she look like, again?

[I intentionally made her look imposing as a mid-class daemon and as a sort of Boss fight, albeit an optional one. Mid-Class tend to be the most intimidating because they like to show off compared to the Low-Class. The Greater Daemons don't need to look scary to get what they want. Once a Daemon gathers enough strength they quite literally undergo a somewhat controlled metamorphosis. Hence why all Koas look somewhat alike as basic humanoids, maybe with wings and maybe a small tail. Mid-Class Daemons have a lot more variety, and Greaters can be pretty much anything humanoid. [EG: Mai looks angelic]]


> This daemon has silver hair; which darkens and eventually becomes black towards the ends, which are around her hips. She has four wings, each crescent shaped, with the lower pair smaller than the upper. She also has large horns on her head, curling around like a ram's; going from brown to red. Her irises glow red.

> Her arms are long, her hands dangleing by her knees as she stands upright, adorned with long, red-painted nails. She generally looks to be in good physical condition, and would certainly pass for being an attractive woman. She has a long red tail, about 80 cm long. She is wearing a gothic Victorian-style dress; except it's blue.

> Her dress is noticeably battle-damaged, she has several burn marks across her exposed skin, and her wings are somewhat tattered. This is the result of getting hit by a giant rainbow laser that was a combination between you ad Kogasa's attacks; reflected by Louise's Mirror which was enchanted with Enhancement magic. Her Silver hair is also darker than before and frizzier.

> Were we given our name, did we choose it ourselves or is it something we just always knew?

> "Well you can think of one now and we can just call you Boss until you figure it out"

> Instinct. Wriggle asked what your name was [She was the first to ever ask, before then no-one asked in conversation or they were prey so were generally too busy screaming] and it just... popped into your head.

> "Can't just come up with a name on the spot. Names are important in Makai. Call me whatever you want. You're the victor, I don't have a right to complain, even if it wasn't a one-on-one defeat." she says, not making eye contact and looking disgusted.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2019, 11:40:33 pm by Raikaria »


http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Evil_Nazgul0616

  • Seg Fault
  • ERROR
  • Nickname: Nazgul
  • Gender: Yes
Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
« Reply #451 on: January 05, 2019, 11:59:06 pm »
>"Is that so~? You don't even have any names that come to you instinctively? That's how I got my name."
>"Besides, I'd rather not call you something you wouldn't like. And don't feel down about being defeated by us, either. You did put up a good fight."

Tom

  • Programmer
  • Nickname: _Tom_
Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
« Reply #452 on: January 06, 2019, 03:45:20 am »
//  Mayina seemed tougher than her, I mean we almost gameovered there.  It could just be that we handled this better or have gotten stronger
// Add/Update Quest: Investigate the Ruins of Vina: Interest in investigating the destruction of Vina and finding the culprit has been renewed after learning that Louise is actually from Vina and is also the only "survivor"

> "You likely would have defeated us individually, but I'm certain someone like you understands the value of teamwork, considering you were able to convince several Koas to team up without being their contractor"

> "It's also nice to see someone who accepts their loss and doesn't complain, you'd fit right in where I come from"

Raikaria

  • Behold my secwet weapon!
  • *
  • The Seiga Mobile!
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Gender: Male
Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
« Reply #453 on: January 06, 2019, 09:33:11 am »
>"Is that so~? You don't even have any names that come to you instinctively? That's how I got my name."
>"Besides, I'd rather not call you something you wouldn't like. And don't feel down about being defeated by us, either. You did put up a good fight."

> "How can you choose a name by instinct?" the female says. "A name defines who you are"

> "If I minded being called Boss I would have stopped those four from doing so." she says.

//  Mayina seemed tougher than her, I mean we almost gameovered there.  It could just be that we handled this better or have gotten stronger
// Add/Update Quest: Investigate the Ruins of Vina: Interest in investigating the destruction of Vina and finding the culprit has been renewed after learning that Louise is actually from Vina and is also the only "survivor"

> "You likely would have defeated us individually, but I'm certain someone like you understands the value of teamwork, considering you were able to convince several Koas to team up without being their contractor"

> "It's also nice to see someone who accepts their loss and doesn't complain, you'd fit right in where I come from"

[Well; you were buffed by Louise. Also Mayina wasn't a tougher fight, it was the part where he was explodeing that was the trouble.

The subtext of the 'Investigate Vina' quest updates. The quest itself dosen't since it's still the same quest]

> "Well I can't be everywhere, and it's not too hard for a Chu like me to scare some Koas into doing what I want. Some dogsbodies to look for anything  useful."

> You are not too sure about that second statement as you say it. Your head fills with Cirno and even Mystia's stubbornness.


http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Evil_Nazgul0616

  • Seg Fault
  • ERROR
  • Nickname: Nazgul
  • Gender: Yes
Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
« Reply #454 on: January 06, 2019, 09:46:58 am »
>"I don't know. All I remember is that the youkai that would become one of my closest friends asked me what my name was, and 'Rumia' just sorta... popped into my head. I don't know why, but it just felt right to me."

>"Chu, huh? So that's what your class is called?"

Raikaria

  • Behold my secwet weapon!
  • *
  • The Seiga Mobile!
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Gender: Male
Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
« Reply #455 on: January 06, 2019, 07:09:35 pm »
>"I don't know. All I remember is that the youkai that would become one of my closest friends asked me what my name was, and 'Rumia' just sorta... popped into my head. I don't know why, but it just felt right to me."

>"Chu, huh? So that's what your class is called?"

> "Yeah; Middle-Class daemons are called Chus." the female says in an unimpressed tone.

[Chu is short for Chūkan; which means Middle.]


http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Tom

  • Programmer
  • Nickname: _Tom_
Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
« Reply #456 on: January 06, 2019, 08:06:00 pm »
> "So Boss, what were you doing out here occupying Wonderland?  You said you had scared some Koas into being minions, but what were your goals?  You said you were looking for anything "useful""

Evil_Nazgul0616

  • Seg Fault
  • ERROR
  • Nickname: Nazgul
  • Gender: Yes
Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
« Reply #457 on: January 06, 2019, 08:50:15 pm »
>Try to come up with a name for her, it feels awkward calling her boss...
>Brainstorm.
>Don't tell her yet if we come up with anything.

Raikaria

  • Behold my secwet weapon!
  • *
  • The Seiga Mobile!
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Gender: Male
Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
« Reply #458 on: January 06, 2019, 11:35:35 pm »
> "So Boss, what were you doing out here occupying Wonderland?  You said you had scared some Koas into being minions, but what were your goals?  You said you were looking for anything "useful""

> "Strength." she says simply. "Anything to get stronger. There's all sorts of things that could help with that. Anything infused with magic. Maybe raise some havoc for fun. I was bored mostly."

>Try to come up with a name for her, it feels awkward calling her boss...
>Brainstorm.
>Don't tell her yet if we come up with anything.

> You make a storm in your brain.

[If you want to name her, name her. You're Rumia's brain for all intents and purposes.]


http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Evil_Nazgul0616

  • Seg Fault
  • ERROR
  • Nickname: Nazgul
  • Gender: Yes
Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
« Reply #459 on: January 07, 2019, 04:05:17 am »
>"Hmm... it actually feels kinda awkward to call you Boss when we're not your subordinates... Would you mind if I gave you a name? You don't have to keep it, but it would be nice to call you something at least for the duration of this conversation."

//Leaning towards Miyako (translates to "Beautiful night child"). What do you think, Tom?

Tom

  • Programmer
  • Nickname: _Tom_
Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
« Reply #460 on: January 07, 2019, 04:11:03 am »
// I like the name
> "Also we do appreciate your honesty as we too want to get stronger.  However occupying Wonderland and stealing magical artifacts isn't the way to go about this ... unless you want people like us beating you up."
> Frown as we say the last part and hold up the chain
> "I'm sure you can find ways to get stronger while being more productive and without a magical contract"

Raikaria

  • Behold my secwet weapon!
  • *
  • The Seiga Mobile!
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Gender: Male
Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
« Reply #461 on: January 08, 2019, 08:13:14 pm »
>"Hmm... it actually feels kinda awkward to call you Boss when we're not your subordinates... Would you mind if I gave you a name? You don't have to keep it, but it would be nice to call you something at least for the duration of this conversation."

//Leaning towards Miyako (translates to "Beautiful night child"). What do you think, Tom?

> "I already said I don't have any right to complain as the loser." she says in an annoyed tone.

// I like the name
> "Also we do appreciate your honesty as we too want to get stronger.  However occupying Wonderland and stealing magical artifacts isn't the way to go about this ... unless you want people like us beating you up."
> Frown as we say the last part and hold up the chain
> "I'm sure you can find ways to get stronger while being more productive and without a magical contract"

> "I could go around killing people and absorbing their magical essence." she says. "And I'm not sure you have such high ground winning in a six-on-one fight."


http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Evil_Nazgul0616

  • Seg Fault
  • ERROR
  • Nickname: Nazgul
  • Gender: Yes
Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
« Reply #462 on: January 08, 2019, 08:21:32 pm »
>"Hmm... How does Miyako sound? It rolls off the tongue well and it seems to fit you."

Tom

  • Programmer
  • Nickname: _Tom_
Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
« Reply #463 on: January 08, 2019, 09:19:55 pm »
> "You sure could!  However we're the ones that spared you, if you had lost to someone else you might not have been so lucky.  Additionally, based on your own logic your body, soul and magical essence now belongs to us... so be careful what you say about us"
> Drool a little as we say the last part, lets give her a hint of what our diet used to be
> Make our cheery childish face and say
> "But we're nice, so we will let ya live!  As the winners to let you live we just ask that you find other ways to get stronger like research spells and help others, in return they might teach you something!  Just don't break these conditions or else!"

Raikaria

  • Behold my secwet weapon!
  • *
  • The Seiga Mobile!
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Gender: Male
Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
« Reply #464 on: January 08, 2019, 09:35:32 pm »
>"Hmm... How does Miyako sound? It rolls off the tongue well and it seems to fit you."

> She shrugs. "Could be worse."

> "You sure could!  However we're the ones that spared you, if you had lost to someone else you might not have been so lucky.  Additionally, based on your own logic your body, soul and magical essence now belongs to us... so be careful what you say about us"
> Drool a little as we say the last part, lets give her a hint of what our diet used to be
> Make our cheery childish face and say
> "But we're nice, so we will let ya live!  As the winners to let you live we just ask that you find other ways to get stronger like research spells and help others, in return they might teach you something!  Just don't break these conditions or else!"

> "Yes, I'm sure you could eat me, Bowl-head. You can't even breathe the Maisma. Let alone take in the magical essence of a daemon."

> "Never was very good at learning... and why help others who get more than yourself?"

> Miyako's tail starts to move, flicking around at her side instead of resting on the ground.


http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Tom

  • Programmer
  • Nickname: _Tom_
Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
« Reply #465 on: January 08, 2019, 10:51:45 pm »
> Back off of her, take a few steps back, enough so she can't reach us in any way (tail included), do this in a carefree way so it looks natural and not like were trying to avoid her
> Examine chains, any ways she could attack us?

> "Haha I'm not that good at learning either... maybe you can try finding Mana Crystals and absorbing their power?  They spawn naturally in the ground so there must be a lot of them out there"

Raikaria

  • Behold my secwet weapon!
  • *
  • The Seiga Mobile!
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Gender: Male
Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
« Reply #466 on: January 08, 2019, 11:45:53 pm »
> Back off of her, take a few steps back, enough so she can't reach us in any way (tail included), do this in a carefree way so it looks natural and not like were trying to avoid her
> Examine chains, any ways she could attack us?

> "Haha I'm not that good at learning either... maybe you can try finding Mana Crystals and absorbing their power?  They spawn naturally in the ground so there must be a lot of them out there"

> You back off a little.

> She shouldn't be able to attack you with her arms or magic. Legs perhaps.

> "My magic isn't suited for excavation. It's more... explosive."


http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Evil_Nazgul0616

  • Seg Fault
  • ERROR
  • Nickname: Nazgul
  • Gender: Yes
Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
« Reply #467 on: January 09, 2019, 12:10:54 am »
>"I mean, people can use explosives for digging..."

Tom

  • Programmer
  • Nickname: _Tom_
Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
« Reply #468 on: January 09, 2019, 12:24:34 am »
> "Explosions are surprisingly effective against rock!  In fact that's how the crater we are in right now was formed.  With practice I'm sure you will be great at it, and it can also be an interesting attack, like breaking the floor underneath your enemies or hitting them with debris from nearby explosions"

> Examine tail and ponder what she could be doing

Raikaria

  • Behold my secwet weapon!
  • *
  • The Seiga Mobile!
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Gender: Male
Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
« Reply #469 on: January 09, 2019, 06:08:04 pm »
>"I mean, people can use explosives for digging..."

> "Not the type of explosions I use."

> "Explosions are surprisingly effective against rock!  In fact that's how the crater we are in right now was formed.  With practice I'm sure you will be great at it, and it can also be an interesting attack, like breaking the floor underneath your enemies or hitting them with debris from nearby explosions"

> Examine tail and ponder what she could be doing

> "I know exactly how this was formed. Magic specialized to destroy certain minerals, and leave other minerals alone. If I had any talent for that kind of finesse I'd be doing what my younger sister does..."

> The tail is just wiggling around. You don't have a tail, so you don't really know.


http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Evil_Nazgul0616

  • Seg Fault
  • ERROR
  • Nickname: Nazgul
  • Gender: Yes
Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
« Reply #470 on: January 09, 2019, 06:24:15 pm »
>"Your have a sister? She wouldn't happen to go by the name Geala would she? "

Tom

  • Programmer
  • Nickname: _Tom_
Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
« Reply #471 on: January 09, 2019, 06:41:55 pm »
> "What *are* the type of explosions you use?"

Raikaria

  • Behold my secwet weapon!
  • *
  • The Seiga Mobile!
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Gender: Male
Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
« Reply #472 on: January 09, 2019, 08:13:30 pm »
>"Your have a sister? She wouldn't happen to go by the name Geala would she? "

> "Only if she started serving someone and they gave her that name. It's one advantage to Koas being given names, it's hard for people to hold a grudge and track them down if their names keep changing."

> "What *are* the type of explosions you use?"

> "The type that don't discriminate between worthless dirt and useful minerals."
« Last Edit: January 09, 2019, 08:15:27 pm by Raikaria »


http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Evil_Nazgul0616

  • Seg Fault
  • ERROR
  • Nickname: Nazgul
  • Gender: Yes
Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
« Reply #473 on: January 09, 2019, 08:21:30 pm »
>"Well Geala looks like..."
>Describe Geala
>"...does it seem familiar to you at all?"

Raikaria

  • Behold my secwet weapon!
  • *
  • The Seiga Mobile!
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Gender: Male
Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
« Reply #474 on: January 09, 2019, 08:53:41 pm »
>"Well Geala looks like..."
>Describe Geala
>"...does it seem familiar to you at all?"

> "It might be her. There's a lot of Koas. Haven't seen her in a while. How do you know this girl?" she asked, "And what sort of things did she do?"


http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Evil_Nazgul0616

  • Seg Fault
  • ERROR
  • Nickname: Nazgul
  • Gender: Yes
Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
« Reply #475 on: January 09, 2019, 09:11:08 pm »
>This is the same spot we met Geala, right?

Tom

  • Programmer
  • Nickname: _Tom_
Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
« Reply #476 on: January 09, 2019, 10:09:58 pm »
// Yep should be, I requested we come here earlier after we defeated Miyako
> "We met her earlier, she said she was looking for Mana Crystals and we wanted to help her but she wouldn't trust us"

Evil_Nazgul0616

  • Seg Fault
  • ERROR
  • Nickname: Nazgul
  • Gender: Yes
Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
« Reply #477 on: January 09, 2019, 10:56:31 pm »
>"This is the spot we met her, actually. We were taking shelter from a storm."

Raikaria

  • Behold my secwet weapon!
  • *
  • The Seiga Mobile!
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Gender: Male
Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
« Reply #478 on: January 10, 2019, 07:23:12 pm »
// Yep should be, I requested we come here earlier after we defeated Miyako
> "We met her earlier, she said she was looking for Mana Crystals and we wanted to help her but she wouldn't trust us"

>"This is the spot we met her, actually. We were taking shelter from a storm."

> "Well; that increases the odds that it was her. She always had a lot more finesse than me. Less power. But more control."


http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Tom

  • Programmer
  • Nickname: _Tom_
Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
« Reply #479 on: January 10, 2019, 08:58:38 pm »
> "Well control can certainly be improved with focus and practice"
> Focus and hold our finger out and form a ring shaped barrier on top of it and rotate it around its vertical axis so it appears to be spinning on our finger
> "She didn't seem to really strong and she could use protection.  As her big sister you should help her, maybe in return she could show you how she controls her power so well"
 

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Theme based on ModernDark64 design by BlocWeb
Page created in 0.063 seconds with 40 queries.