Author Topic: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai  (Read 224530 times)

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
« Reply #390 on: December 20, 2018, 10:24:17 PM »
> "It's showtime!  Let's surprise her and after she's stunned let's hide and make our way back.  Try and hit her with danmaku in the head"

> Fly up and spawn six delayed danmaku lasers on the daemon, three in the head, and three in the chest/stomach area, fire them all at once right when the daemon turns to see what's going on.  The three lasers in the head should ideally hit her right in the face and being in Makai's darkness she should be very light sensitive.  Try and hold them active longer than usual so she's stunned enough for Louise to cast her spell

> As the lasers fade quickly hide and start making our way back

> You and Kogasa come out of your hiding place. The deamoness looks at you two and laughs for a moment, pointing at the two males.

> "Finish off those traitorous dogs." she starts, before you fire your lasers towards her, and Kogasa launches various danmaku barrages.

> The attacks don't seem to have much of an effect on her. Despite taking three lasers direction to the stomach, which should be quite painful; she dosen't bow over. She does however raise her arms to cover her eyes. This gives you and Kogasa enough to a chance to retreat, and you see magical energy heading from where Louise was into the two males, who look confused.

> The two males chant something unintelligable, and fire a blast of magic that matches their hair colors. They hit the female and explode, like they did on the pink-haired one, but with significantly more power. Enough you feel the force in the air, and the road-like structure gets some cracks in it around the impact point.

> You are about halfway back as the effects of the blast fade and you see an angry-looking daemoness standing there, a wild smirk on her face. She has some bruises, scratches hair out of place and minor clothing damage.

> "I actually felt that one you guys!" she says, before darting up to the yellow daemon, and slashing him with extended nails from her right hand, at the same time sending him flying into the blue-haired one.

> The enemy starts forming a magic circle above her.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #391 on: December 20, 2018, 11:58:22 PM »
> Hurry up back to our group, keep an eye on that magic circle
> Could we form a barrier where the two daemons and she is from this distance?

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #392 on: December 21, 2018, 12:02:55 AM »
> Hurry up back to our group, keep an eye on that magic circle
> Could we form a barrier where the two daemons and she is from this distance?

> The magic circle releases energy bolts which start raining down upon the daemons like lighting. Even with Louise's Haste spell, they can hardly evade.

> No, you're not strong or capable enough to do such a thing.

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #393 on: December 21, 2018, 12:13:51 AM »
> Keep going as fast as we can, stop if we see them take any hits

> "If they get hit we might need to do another surprise attack, hopefully the magic circle is like a spell card and makes movement hard, so we should be able to land hits or annoy her enough to cancel the attack"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #394 on: December 21, 2018, 09:14:07 PM »
> Keep going as fast as we can, stop if we see them take any hits

> "If they get hit we might need to do another surprise attack, hopefully the magic circle is like a spell card and makes movement hard, so we should be able to land hits or annoy her enough to cancel the attack"

> They are getting clipped, but it's only grazes. So you don't stop.

> You reunited with Donitia, Louise and Luci. Your disguises wear off upon arrival, either that or Luci dispelled them.

> The female releases a larger barrage of energy bolts before she moves her hand away from the magic circle, quickly says something and starts launching fireballs from her hands as the bolts fall down. This is clearly not an attack that would be legal by the spellcard rules; as evasion is clearly impossible. Instead, the two males evade the falling bolts and attempt to block the fireballs. They manage to do so, but are both thrown onto their backs from the impact, the Boss rushing at them.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #395 on: December 21, 2018, 10:36:24 PM »
> "That attack is unfair and impossible to avoid!"
> "Kogasa, we're using lethal bullets from now on"
> "Let's help them!"

> Can we use ourselves or other people as projectiles? (Like how Ran and Chen are used in Hisoutensoku)
> Can we charge up an AoE explosion (like Mayina did)
> How much closer do we need to get to form barriers near the daemons

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #396 on: December 22, 2018, 08:54:31 PM »
> "That attack is unfair and impossible to avoid!"
> "Kogasa, we're using lethal bullets from now on"
> "Let's help them!"

> Can we use ourselves or other people as projectiles? (Like how Ran and Chen are used in Hisoutensoku)
> Can we charge up an AoE explosion (like Mayina did)
> How much closer do we need to get to form barriers near the daemons

> Kogasa looks a little hesitant, and then looks at the enemy again and nods. "I haven't fought a real battle before..." she says.

> No, you don't have familiars.

> You can... but you doubt such an attack would be safe for you.

> Pretty close. You also doubt your barriers, which are mostly used to divide things [Primarily light and dark] would be much use.

> The daemon notices you and Kogasa, and smiles.

> "Ah, so these are the troublemakers who set you against me. How adorable. I can smell, you're not from Makai. You should have stayed out of this, interference with a daemon's affairs... is deadly. Not that I intend to give you a chance to back out."

> Three Makai fairies suddenly fly in and shoot small streams of bullets at the daemoness.

> You see Donitia glowing with a purple aura and hear her yelling.

> "Get 'em underlings!"

> You can see small numbers of fairies flying in from various directions. The male daemons look baffled while the higher-class daemoness looks excited.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #397 on: December 22, 2018, 09:33:52 PM »
> Whisper to Kogasa "There's a first time for everything!"
> Start shooting lethal lasers at her, machine gun style from both hands.  Aim half on the chest and half on the head
> Additionally shoot some aimed kunai when we have the chance

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #398 on: December 23, 2018, 07:11:56 PM »
>Murmur to ourself: "Wow, Donnie, you're a genius."

>"Looks like our Calvary is here, Kogasa."
« Last Edit: December 23, 2018, 10:28:12 PM by Evil_Nazgul0616 »

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #399 on: December 23, 2018, 10:28:23 PM »
//corrected a typo

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #400 on: December 23, 2018, 11:14:37 PM »
> Whisper to Kogasa "There's a first time for everything!"
> Start shooting lethal lasers at her, machine gun style from both hands.  Aim half on the chest and half on the head
> Additionally shoot some aimed kunai when we have the chance

> You start fireing, but a focused attack seems to be no good, at least frontal. The female easily evades, and fires a shower of red energy from her right hand towards you and Kogasa.

> Kunai bullets aren't really your thin, but you fire a few. These largely miss or collide with the red blasts, causing them to burst with a decent amount of force.

>Murmur to ourself: "Wow, Donnie, you're a genius."

>"Looks like our Calvary is here, Kogasa."

> The fairy dosen't listen, in fact, she seems quite focused on calling fairies over.

> Kogasa nods but dosen't reply. She starts her spinning-water droplet thing that she used to wash the Pentle, the small water droplets colliding with the red spheres and causing the ones you miss to burst.

> There are currently four fairies in the nearby vicinity fireing simple magical blasts, and you can see at least six more approaching.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2018, 11:16:11 PM by Raikaria »

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #401 on: December 24, 2018, 02:24:53 AM »
> Fly upwards to avoid the red energy shots
> Fire thick aimed arcs of red bullets, with some bullets in the arc being faster than others.
> After 3 arcs fire 2 thick streams of small aimed yellow bullets, these should aim to miss by a few degrees on either side (so if she evades our primary red arcs she gets hit by these)
> Use only magical bullets from now on unless explicitly stated otherwise

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #402 on: December 28, 2018, 07:46:26 PM »
> Fly upwards to avoid the red energy shots
> Fire thick aimed arcs of red bullets, with some bullets in the arc being faster than others.
> After 3 arcs fire 2 thick streams of small aimed yellow bullets, these should aim to miss by a few degrees on either side (so if she evades our primary red arcs she gets hit by these)
> Use only magical bullets from now on unless explicitly stated otherwise

> The daemoness dodges your red shots by far more than enough to evade the yellow ones as well. She's fast, really fast. However, her speed causes her to collide with some of Kogasa's spray. However, this seems to have little effect, with her just powering through, before she skids along the ground, chanting something you can't understand.

> A magical circle forms between her hands, and a barrage of red; arrow-tipped rays fly out of it at various angles, changing direction in the air to strike at the two daemons, Kogasa, yourself and even the fairies. One lesser fairy who was close immediately gets run through, going poof a few moments later, showing this attack is fully intended to kill.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #403 on: December 28, 2018, 08:20:32 PM »
>"Everyone, dodge!"
>Dodge. Use Barriers to protect ourselves if we can.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #404 on: December 28, 2018, 10:46:34 PM »
>"Everyone, dodge!"
>Dodge. Use Barriers to protect ourselves if we can.

> The two male daemons seem to be slower than you and Kogasa. They either haven't noticed Louise's buff or haven't got used to it. Instead, the yellow-haired one jumps behind the larger, blue daemon... who proceeds to cloak his fist in energy and simply punches the two arrows heading for them, shattering them.

> Kogasa spins at a close moment to dodge.

> The fairies are in general less lucky. Some manage to evade [by seeming accident] and some get poofed. One fairy noticeably seems to take a hit for Donitia, who is still floating there and focusing.

> You manage to evade the shot aimed towards you. It seems the attack only adjusted itself to hit the initial position of the targets.

> For a moment, the confidence in the Deamoness' face falters and she exhales hard, before taking a breath.

> You hear something in your head. It sounds like Luci.

> "You can do some light-magic stuff, right? Those beams? I got an idea. Look behind you when you got a moment."

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #405 on: December 28, 2018, 11:59:31 PM »
> So the attack only adjust for our initial position make small steps to our left or right (whichever seems more clear, but once we pick a direction don't switch)  and if we ever need graze score we know who to look for...
> Try and figure out what beam Luci is talking about, are there any beams around us?  Our own beams?
> When we have a clear moment turn halfway behind us so we can see Luci but still have an eye on the daemoness

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #406 on: December 29, 2018, 09:53:06 PM »
> So the attack only adjust for our initial position make small steps to our left or right (whichever seems more clear, but once we pick a direction don't switch)  and if we ever need graze score we know who to look for...
> Try and figure out what beam Luci is talking about, are there any beams around us?  Our own beams?
> When we have a clear moment turn halfway behind us so we can see Luci but still have an eye on the daemoness

> It seems to come out of the circle; target someone, and has only very light homing after.

> You have a moment to look before you figure it out.

> You see Louise's mirror familiar flying around, the mirror itself glowing and sparkleing a little.

> You turn back around and see the enemy hurling spheres of fire-like energy in arcs, flying upwards and then falling down towards you and the others.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #407 on: December 29, 2018, 10:11:31 PM »
> Aha!  If we can hit the mirror while she is focusing on us, she will get hit from behind without expecting it.
> Dodge the fire energy falling from above visually, these are not likely aimed at our position so streaming won't help.
> Louise can see from the mirror familiar, so while dodging discreetly point/wave at it to circle around to the other side when bullets block or obscure the daemoness' view of us.  Don't rush this, focus primarily on dodging and not letting the daemoness figure out what we are about to do.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #408 on: December 29, 2018, 11:06:14 PM »
> Aha!  If we can hit the mirror while she is focusing on us, she will get hit from behind without expecting it.
> Dodge the fire energy falling from above visually, these are not likely aimed at our position so streaming won't help.
> Louise can see from the mirror familiar, so while dodging discreetly point/wave at it to circle around to the other side when bullets block or obscure the daemoness' view of us.  Don't rush this, focus primarily on dodging and not letting the daemoness figure out what we are about to do.

> You signal for the mirror to move behind the daemoness. She seems to be too occupied with the battle to pay attention.

> You evade the falling spheres, but they explode on contact with the ground, this forces you into the air, and she seems to be preparing another arrow-attack.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #409 on: December 29, 2018, 11:41:14 PM »
> She is between attacks, now is our chance!
> Focus and fire as many powerful lasers as we can on to the mirror to hit her from behind!
> Pretend we were aiming at the daemoness and missed

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #410 on: December 30, 2018, 05:08:49 PM »
> She is between attacks, now is our chance!
> Focus and fire as many powerful lasers as we can on to the mirror to hit her from behind!
> Pretend we were aiming at the daemoness and missed

> You launch a Moonlight Ray [Your strongest laster-based attack] with one hand, fireing just over the deamoness' shoulder. This attack itself seems to catch her off-guard, breaking her concentration and causing the sigil forming the arrows to vanish.

> The ray strikes the glass of Louise's mirror; which starts to glow with the same blueish color that Louise's enhancement magic takes. Then it launches out what seems to be a significantly stronger version of your attack.

> The enhanced ray strikes the back of the daemoness, and would have engulfed her. If not for something you did not expect.

> Against the white of the enhanced Moonlight Ray you see the silver-haired daemoness. Her wings seem larger than before, her eyes glowing as she looks angrily at you. Behind her is darkness, warding off the light. She seems to be putting a lot of effort into this defense however, but levels one of her hands towards you, forming a single flame sphere, smaller than the ones before.

> "Rainbow Sign: Over the Rainbow" you hear Kogasa declare, before she swings her parasoul in an arc and a rainbow follows in it's wake, also flying into the mirror.

> The Moonlight Ray suddenly takes on a familiar rainbow color, and you see the darkness barrier shattering before the enemy is engulfed in the rainbow light.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #411 on: December 30, 2018, 05:59:13 PM »
> Graze the flame sphere if it didn't get canceled when she got hit
> Fire lasers with our other hand, aiming right at her so she gets hit both from in front and behind (Only do this if we don't need to cancel Moonlight Ray)
> If we can do anything with the border of darkness and light to enhance our lasers do so
> Keep going until Louise or someone else signals us to stop

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #412 on: December 30, 2018, 07:40:17 PM »
> Graze the flame sphere if it didn't get canceled when she got hit
> Fire lasers with our other hand, aiming right at her so she gets hit both from in front and behind (Only do this if we don't need to cancel Moonlight Ray)
> If we can do anything with the border of darkness and light to enhance our lasers do so
> Keep going until Louise or someone else signals us to stop

> It seemed to get consumed by the beam.

> It's beyond Moonlight Ray's targeting range to hit the mirror and the daemon at the same time. The spell has to have the two lasers angled separate if you fire it with both hands.

> You could *weaken* your attack with your powers. You don't think that would help.

> The mirror moves out of the way of your attacks, causing the combined, enhanced attack to stop. A figure falls out of the air. A smoldering, twitching figure.

> The two male daemons look at you and Kogasa in horror and fly away, likely intimidated by that last attack.

Hope ♦ Metal

• Royal Flares Can't Melt Steel Beams
  • Donald Trump will make waifus real
« Reply #413 on: December 30, 2018, 07:53:17 PM »
>Where is the daemoness now?

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #414 on: December 30, 2018, 08:08:35 PM »
>Where is the daemoness now?

> On the ground. A few meters away.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #415 on: December 30, 2018, 09:26:31 PM »
>Get closer, but remain cautious in case she's still a threat.
>Check if she's alive

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #416 on: December 30, 2018, 09:43:58 PM »
> Make a mental note of the direction the two daemons flew off to

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #417 on: December 30, 2018, 11:20:55 PM »
>Get closer, but remain cautious in case she's still a threat.
>Check if she's alive

> You approach cautiously. She is moving, but it dosen't seem... controlled.

> You dare not touch in case she is alive, but you hear her breathing. Ragged and weakly, but she's alive.

> Make a mental note of the direction the two daemons flew off to

> They flew away in the direction that you came from, roughly towards the small settlement.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #418 on: December 30, 2018, 11:57:42 PM »
>"So, what are we going to do with her? I'd rather not kill her if we don't have to..."

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #419 on: December 31, 2018, 04:13:54 AM »
> Do we know any sealing/binding magic?
> "Do we have a way to seal or bind her so she is not a threat?  So we can ask about why she was occupying Wonderland and why she was misleading Koas under the false idea of being independent when they really worked for her"