Author Topic: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai  (Read 224388 times)

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
« Reply #330 on: December 13, 2018, 07:36:35 PM »
> "WHAT?!"
> "You aren't thinking of using yourself as bait?!"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #331 on: December 13, 2018, 07:46:22 PM »
> "WHAT?!"
> "You aren't thinking of using yourself as bait?!"

> "Of course I am." Louise says. "You think that the Bandits could resist going after someone who looks high-class such as myself? They would anticipate me carrying something of worth. It might look suspicious if anyone else had the crystal. Besides; did I not say that I intended to take action against these Bandits myself earlier?"

> Louise waits a few moments.

> "Besides... I'm well suited to such a task. The risk for me is nothing compared to the risk for you. Not to mention I can lead them into an ambush. I know the terrain better than any of you."

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #332 on: December 13, 2018, 08:25:02 PM »
> "Umm I think the risk of dying is equally bad for all of us ... except maybe Donita"
> "But there's no denying you are better prepared than the rest of us, though be careful!"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #333 on: December 13, 2018, 09:35:48 PM »
> "Umm I think the risk of dying is equally bad for all of us ... except maybe Donita"
> "But there's no denying you are better prepared than the rest of us, though be careful!"

> "What you think is incorrect." Louise says.

> "Very well then, if we are in agreement, we should head off." Louise states; before she casts her Haste spell upon the group and she takes the lead, flying out of Paradise.

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #334 on: December 13, 2018, 10:07:00 PM »
> What we think is incorrect what could this mean? Could she be using Continues?
> Follow Louise!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #335 on: December 13, 2018, 11:12:12 PM »
> What we think is incorrect what could this mean? Could she be using Continues?
> Follow Louise!

> You follow Louise. It doesn't take you too long to reach the small cluster of buildings near the crevice you sheltered from the storm was, and where Galea warned you of the bandits.

> Louise turns a different direction, and shortly after, you can see a distinct change in the horizon.

> The sky ahead, in a somewhat small area, is black and starry, although the stars are red. Brick structures [Not buildings... more like floating platforms, random pillars and shapes] are dotted around. Some even seem to have signs on, like floating roads, twisiting through the air.

> Beyond that, you can see... an almost Earth-like scene of a green field, a river and mountains. But it's only a limited area, and outside of this strange area, Makai is the same red landscape as normal.

> Louise stops and looks around, before pointing to a cluster of floating brick structures on the outskirts.

> "Hide behind those. Be ready to ambush whoever I lure out. We have to show them they can't just take it by force."

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #336 on: December 13, 2018, 11:20:06 PM »
>"By ambush, do you mean attack them immediately, or jump out to surprise them and just have an intimidating presence until you want us to attack?"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #337 on: December 13, 2018, 11:44:57 PM »
>"By ambush, do you mean attack them immediately, or jump out to surprise them and just have an intimidating presence until you want us to attack?"

> "How about attacking, but missing on purpose? Just to show your strength. Just popping out and saying 'surprise' [Louise looks directly at Kogasa as she says that] probobly won't stop them."

[Would you guys like to have control of Louise to bait the bandits, or just wait for Louise to return? I'm not 100% sure myself if I should give control of Louise at this point, so I'll put it for opinion. Notably you won't be able to check all of Louise's information if you control her. A lady must keep some secrets~]

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #338 on: December 14, 2018, 01:22:05 AM »
[I don't think Rumia has enough relationship points (?) yet, maybe after fighting the bandits?  One of the reasons we're fighting them this way is to impress Louise.  (And its more in-character for childlike and inexperienced Rumia to want to follow good examples like Louise's fighting style or sparring Mayina by banishing him like Shinki did with Lumina)]

> "Okay!  I'll shoot some misdirected lasers or try and trap them with barriers!  Or even make everything dark so they can't see!"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #339 on: December 14, 2018, 04:27:22 PM »
[I don't think Rumia has enough relationship points (?) yet, maybe after fighting the bandits?  One of the reasons we're fighting them this way is to impress Louise.  (And its more in-character for childlike and inexperienced Rumia to want to follow good examples like Louise's fighting style or sparring Mayina by banishing him like Shinki did with Lumina)]

> "Okay!  I'll shoot some misdirected lasers or try and trap them with barriers!  Or even make everything dark so they can't see!"

> "I wouldn't waste energy on the barriers." Louise says. "Just a display of power will do. Intimidate them."

[Also; I remembered something that; while Rumia wouldn't recognize it, the fake gem resembles: One of Flandre's crystals on her wings]

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #340 on: December 14, 2018, 11:34:31 PM »
> "That's a good idea, we should save our energy in case we get in to an actual fight"
> Wait and see what Louise does

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #341 on: December 14, 2018, 11:49:38 PM »
> "That's a good idea, we should save our energy in case we get in to an actual fight"
> Wait and see what Louise does

> Louise flies into the Wonderland, still carrying her luggage in one hand, and the crystal in another.

> Shortly after she flies out of view from your hiding spot [You do have to hide; after all], you hear various yells and spells. You even see flashes.

> A shorter amount of time since Louise left view; something enters your view.

> Leading the group is... Louise? Except she looks drastically different. Her blonde hair has turned deep blue, along with the purple fabrics on her dress. Pale blue flame-like wisps are coming from her body, and some parts are outright engulfed in the stuff. You see a blast of energy go through her to seemingly no effect except leaving a hole with the flames. She still has the crystal and the luggage however. Louise seems to be making no effort to dodge, just making sure her luggage isn't hit.

> Behind her are two deamons. Both males. These ones are not wearing suits, instead dressed like a human villager would, in simple, plain [Although green] material. One is blue-haired and has a mohawk, while the other has unkempt yellow hair; ad is the one who fired the energy blast. Their wings also differ from Mayina's. The mohawk deamon has four very small wings on his back, that look like bat wings. The yellow-haired one has two; tattered-looking crescent wings that are larger than Mayina's were. Neither have head-wings, or seem to have tails [At least visible ones].
« Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 11:52:15 PM by Raikaria »

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #342 on: December 15, 2018, 01:45:41 AM »
// Ex-Louise?! A w e s o m e. . .
> Does Mayina have headwings // like Koakuma?

> After what they have seen will our lasers and darkness even impress them a little?
> Once they get close to us or Louise signals us, fly out, spread our darkness and fire three lethal delay lasers from each hand, aiming three on the one daemon and three on the other.  Swap the delay lasers to danmaku from lethal if the daemons enter the "pre laser" before we fire them.  Then darken the area around them and fire streams of misdirected danmaku darkness bullets aimed to limit their movement, so if they stand still they won't get hit

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #343 on: December 15, 2018, 09:22:55 AM »
// Ex-Louise?! A w e s o m e. . .
> Does Mayina have headwings // like Koakuma?

> After what they have seen will our lasers and darkness even impress them a little?
> Once they get close to us or Louise signals us, fly out, spread our darkness and fire three lethal delay lasers from each hand, aiming three on the one daemon and three on the other.  Swap the delay lasers to danmaku from lethal if the daemons enter the "pre laser" before we fire them.  Then darken the area around them and fire streams of misdirected danmaku darkness bullets aimed to limit their movement, so if they stand still they won't get hit

// You mean 4Louise? It's her appearance in Stage 4 of Mystic Square as the midboss.

> He had a small pair. You do not know what this 'Koakuma' is however.

> You don't know. But you imagine if these guys are teaming up on people they're not very brave or strong.

> As you prepare your attacks, you suddenly feel the Haste Magic that Louise placed upon you for the travel flare up, and then you feel a surge of power. Your attacks come out significantly more powerful than you've seen them before. The lasers are brighter, and the danmaku spray is faster and more dense.

> The same seems to be true for Donitia's barrage of bubble-like bullets. You can't really tell with Kogasa, she's using an attack you've not seen before, swinging her umbrella in a streight line on either side on her, and in her wake... more umbrellas appear and fly in a line, spraying danmaku. Then she swings the umbrella on her other side and a rush of umbrellas come towards her. It's almost like she's signalling them.

> With this barrage, the Bandit duo predictably stop and protect themselves, while Louise turns around and faces them.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #344 on: December 15, 2018, 04:23:26 PM »
> Keep up the barrage until signaled or told to stop, fire darkness danmaku closer to them but make sure to still miss, also make everything even darker
> Get a little bit closer to them but slowly so we don't mess up our pattern with the streaming bullets and hit them accidentally

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #345 on: December 15, 2018, 04:39:31 PM »
> Keep up the barrage until signaled or told to stop, fire darkness danmaku closer to them but make sure to still miss, also make everything even darker
> Get a little bit closer to them but slowly so we don't mess up our pattern with the streaming bullets and hit them accidentally

> Louise signals to stop almost immediately. She then opens her mouth and it moves, but no sound exits it.

> Louise signals for help, and makes a motion to suggest she can't speak.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #346 on: December 15, 2018, 08:33:35 PM »
>Ceasefire
>Approach

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #347 on: December 15, 2018, 09:15:24 PM »
>Ceasefire
>Approach

> You stop fireing and approach Louise.

> The bandits get out of their self-protective stances, and look at you. Luci and Donitia move behind them, while Kogasa just starts flying around happily circleing everyone else.

> "What do we do?" the yellow-haired one asks.

> "I dunno, the boss is the one who tells us what to do, I don't do thinkin'." the blue-haired one responds. "All I knows is that it's four and a half against us two, and they just showed they got some serious power."

> "Can we run away?" the yellow-haired one asks.

> "We couldn't catch that freak, what makes you think we could get away?"

> Louise looks insulted and her mouth makes movements but nothing comes out.

> "She's saying ********** ****** ****** you ****  *******" Donitia says happily.

> Louise gives the fairy a death glare. Luci smacks her upside the back of the head while blushing.

[NB: I just put a random number of stars because I felt like it]

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #348 on: December 15, 2018, 09:29:33 PM »
//I literally have no idea what to say right now, so I'm handing the torch to you, Tom

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #349 on: December 15, 2018, 09:34:19 PM »
> Make our cute "can I eat the one standing before me" face (from EoSD) from now on

> "Hi there!  You look a little overwhelmed, wanna play with us some more?"
> "No?  You're no fun!  I'll tell you what, if you don't want to play with us why don't you help us with something!  We will let you go and might even reward you with something valuable if you do a _really_ good job"

> "Oh, I'm also a little curious as to what you mean four-and-a-half?  I sure hope for your sake you don't consider fairies as a half a person"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #350 on: December 15, 2018, 10:11:14 PM »
> Make our cute "can I eat the one standing before me" face (from EoSD) from now on

> "Hi there!  You look a little overwhelmed, wanna play with us some more?"
> "No?  You're no fun!  I'll tell you what, if you don't want to play with us why don't you help us with something!  We will let you go and might even reward you with something valuable if you do a _really_ good job"

> "Oh, I'm also a little curious as to what you mean four-and-a-half?  I sure hope for your sake you don't consider fairies as a half a person"

> "Play? That was just playin?" the yellow-haired bandit says in a scared manner.

> The two bandits look at each other. The blue haired one says after a few moments. "Whatdya want us to do?"

> "Well; she's not exactly a full sized person now is she?"  the yellow-haired bandit says. This; predictably; causes a storm of swears from the fairy.

> The blue enrgy rolling off Louise starts to fade away a bit, with the flaming holes in her body shrinking, her body and clothing reforming perfectly. This is happening rather slowly however.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #351 on: December 15, 2018, 10:16:04 PM »
> "Haha it's simple!  We just want you to fight for us!"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #352 on: December 15, 2018, 10:38:45 PM »
> "Haha it's simple!  We just want you to fight for us!"

> "Fight for you?" the blue-haired one asks quietly.

> "If you guys are so strong why'dya need our help?" the yellow-haired daemon asks. "That freak alone is seemingly invincible."

> Louise looks insulted again.

> "Maybe they ain't so strong after all." the blue haired one says. "Maybe they blew everything they had on scareing us or can do illusion magic or something..."

> "Should probobly know what you want us to fight of course. Maybe they're plann'in some big raid or something. Or know some juicy target." the yellow-haired daemon commens, looking like he's thinking.

> "Oh that one sounds fun! I hope it's that"

> "I hope what we want from you surprises you~!" Kogasa chants as she flies around.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #353 on: December 15, 2018, 11:33:08 PM »
> "Oh such flattery..."
> "If we don't get to play with you more, I can settle for watching you play with others!  It's almost as satisfying as playing with you myself!"

> "So, you know the group you work for out here in Wonderland?  Ever wished you could keep more of the loot you find in raids?  I suggest you take them out!  That way you two get to keep all their loot for yourselves!  And we get to be entertained watching you instead of playing with you!  We will even give you that mana crystal she is holding, if you are successful for your efforts!"

> Can we form a flat ring shaped barrier?  Like a circle barrier but with a hole in the middle?

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #354 on: December 16, 2018, 03:02:28 PM »
> "Oh such flattery..."
> "If we don't get to play with you more, I can settle for watching you play with others!  It's almost as satisfying as playing with you myself!"

> "So, you know the group you work for out here in Wonderland?  Ever wished you could keep more of the loot you find in raids?  I suggest you take them out!  That way you two get to keep all their loot for yourselves!  And we get to be entertained watching you instead of playing with you!  We will even give you that mana crystal she is holding, if you are successful for your efforts!"

> Can we form a flat ring shaped barrier?  Like a circle barrier but with a hole in the middle?

> "Quit messin' with us!" the blue haired one yells at your comment about playing.

> "More loot would be nice, I always feel like the boss gives us a small cut..." the yellow haired daemon says.

> "Yeah but the boss is strong! And there's the other two as well, we're outnumbered!" the blue one replies.

> "Boss is strong but can she take both of us? If we take the others out two-on-one as well... maybe we can do it." the yellow one says in a shifty manner.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #355 on: December 16, 2018, 03:07:53 PM »
> "It sucks to be given a small cut!  If you take them out you can share it half and half among yourselves!"

> "If you think they are tough to fight all at once I don't blame you, just try and figure out a way to fight them one or two at a time and the boss last so it's a two on one!  You'll surely win!"

> "Kind of irrelevant but, you haven't heard anyone around here talk about a servitude contract?"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #356 on: December 16, 2018, 10:30:50 PM »
> "It sucks to be given a small cut!  If you take them out you can share it half and half among yourselves!"

> "If you think they are tough to fight all at once I don't blame you, just try and figure out a way to fight them one or two at a time and the boss last so it's a two on one!  You'll surely win!"

> "Kind of irrelevant but, you haven't heard anyone around here talk about a servitude contract?"

> "That's what I said." the yellow-haired one says.

> "Oh no, I don't want no stinkin' contract." the blue-haired daemon says.

> "Koas who submit to be someone's slave go against the pride of our race!" the yellow-haired daemon says. "They wanna be stronger they should try hard and get stronger so they're not Koas anymore."

> "Koa?" Kogasa asks.

> "Low-Class daemon." Luci says. "Koa is what they call themselves as an overall group. Then there's the Chus, or Middle-Class daemons, and then the Subas, or Greater-Class. A Deamon changes as they accumulate personal strength. A Koa that becomes strong enough will undergo a transformation into a Chu, and a Chu will becomes a Suba if they get strong enough. Of course; a Koa with a powerful master can be stronger than a higher-class daemon, but that's not their *own* strength. They're still a Koa."

[Mayina is a Koa-class daemon before you ask. And of course; strength in Makai relates to social standing, which is why many Koas are effectively employees/slaves for stronger daemons and Magicians. It's natural in Makai that the strong command the weak.]
« Last Edit: December 16, 2018, 10:36:59 PM by Raikaria »

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #357 on: December 16, 2018, 10:44:52 PM »
> "I wasn't offering a contract, I just wanted to know if someone else was offering them around here recently"

> "So, ready to take em out and claim your fair share?"

> Make a mental note to ask Luci later for the physical differences in appearance of the different classes of daemons

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #358 on: December 16, 2018, 11:03:38 PM »
> "I wasn't offering a contract, I just wanted to know if someone else was offering them around here recently"

> "So, ready to take em out and claim your fair share?"

> Make a mental note to ask Luci later for the physical differences in appearance of the different classes of daemons

> "Nope, we work for the boss because the boss is the strongest one." the blue-haired one says.

> "I guess so..." the blue one responds.

> "I get the feelin' we don't have much of a choice." the yellow-haired daemon says.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #359 on: December 16, 2018, 11:06:27 PM »
> Look at the yellow haired daemon
> "Oh my, you are quite the perceptive one aren't you!"
> "Well have fun!  We know we will~"

> Can we make a flat ring shaped barrier?  Like circle but don't fill in the center