Author Topic: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai  (Read 225137 times)

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
« Reply #240 on: December 01, 2018, 11:17:34 PM »
> "I was wondering how I could help, considering its affecting our world too"
> "Maybe investigating something from our side in Gensokyo?"

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #241 on: December 01, 2018, 11:22:42 PM »
// Add sidequest:  Mayina's "punishment": After having spared Mayina from Elimination we are now responsible for what he does in Gensokyo, we should look in to making him our familiar (or shikigami)

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #242 on: December 01, 2018, 11:25:52 PM »
> "I was wondering how I could help, considering its affecting our world too"
> "Maybe investigating something from our side in Gensokyo?"

> Yumeko looks unimpressed. "I suppose there is one thing you could do based on the extracted information."

> Yumeko's expression softens, just a little. She then shakes her head.

> "Ensure that no-one gets the Grimoire. Somehow; this is all connected to that book. I'm sure of it. I'm sure that Alice will be alright, but that is how you can best help."

> Yuki and Mai both chuckle a little.

> "Oh Yumeko, you do care." Yuki says.

// Add sidequest:  Mayina's "punishment": After having spared Mayina from Elimination we are now responsible for what he does in Gensokyo, we should look in to making him our familiar (or shikigami)

> Considering Yumeko's threat, you register 'Ensure Mayina dosen't return to Makai' as a Main Quest. The Familiar part, however, is added as a secondary quest. Upon doing so you note a requirement comes up for such a thing stateing 'Increased Magic required - Such a feat would require magic enough for you to, in effect, be his magic supply.'

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #243 on: December 01, 2018, 11:32:53 PM »
> "So you want us to protect Alice so she doesn't lose the Grimoire?"
> "Alright we will do our best, good luck with the investigation on your side"

// Are we unable to even create the familiar bond without "increased magic" or can we create it but he will have little to no power/magic?

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #244 on: December 01, 2018, 11:38:47 PM »
> "So you want us to protect Alice so she doesn't lose the Grimoire?"
> "Alright we will do our best, good luck with the investigation on your side"

// Are we unable to even create the familiar bond without "increased magic" or can we create it but he will have little to no power/magic?

> Yumeko turns slightly red. "Protect the Grimoire, it doesn't matter what happens to the girl."

> "Liar." Mai says quietly.

> "Inquisition. Not investigation." Yumeko insists.

// You can't make a magical contract if you can't magically support it. Contracts are give and take after all. Besides; Mayina absolutely would not agree without him getting something significant.

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #245 on: December 01, 2018, 11:42:31 PM »
> "Well thank you for your time"
> Turn to Louise and see if she has anything to add before we leave

// Ahh wasn't sure how it worked, I thought we could start the process and he would become stronger as we get stronger

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #246 on: December 02, 2018, 04:06:25 AM »
//Bah, blasted email not notifying me made me miss important stuff I wanted to be a part of again!

//Though I'm happy with the outcome, at least. We got ourselves a minion new friend.  Still wish I was there, though...

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #247 on: December 02, 2018, 04:10:20 AM »
//Though one major concern.

//How did Yumeko know about Alice and the grimoire!? We didn't mention that fact to any of them or Mayina.

>Request for proof of the above if we actually *did* mention it and I missed it for whatever reason.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #248 on: December 02, 2018, 05:05:09 AM »
// We didn't mention it, she found out from interrogating Mayina, specifically "based on the extracted information"
> Yumeko looks unimpressed. "I suppose there is one thing you could do based on the extracted information."

> Yumeko's expression softens, just a little. She then shakes her head.

> "Ensure that no-one gets the Grimoire. Somehow; this is all connected to that book. I'm sure of it. I'm sure that Alice will be alright, but that is how you can best help."

// As for Mayina I'm hoping we can genuinely change his views on the world and make him our friend and midboss
// Saving him by "banishing" him was also pretty IC considering Rumia believes in the spell card rules and having been inspired by the Lumina story

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #249 on: December 02, 2018, 05:23:33 AM »
// We didn't mention it, she found out from interrogating Mayina, specifically "based on the extracted information"
/I know she interrogated him. Please reread what I said:

We didn't mention that fact to any of them or Mayina.
//We never mentioned it to him. How could she extract something from him that he didn't know?

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #250 on: December 02, 2018, 06:08:18 AM »
// Mayina knew about the Grimoire since it was his "mission" and thats how we found out about it.
> "I guess I don't have much of a choice, although I am only a scout. I don't know the full picture." the daemon sighs. "I was ordered to find two things. The first was a powerful magical Grimoire that originates from Makai. The second was evidence that this world was not worth Lady Shinki's efforts."

// Though now that I reread more of the conversation Yumeko does indeed seem suspicious.  She somehow knew Alice has the Grimoire even though Mayina didn't (or at least showed no indication).  Additionally she was able to break the servitude contract (which Mayina explained only the master could break, even Louise was a little surprised at this).  Also the fact Mayina was blindfolded when he was brought here so he didn't see who was holding him.  Lastly it was awfully easy to convince Yumeko to spare him, I honestly was expecting us to have to roll a 20 to succeed.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #251 on: December 02, 2018, 06:25:15 AM »
//Was mostly referring to Alice and the fact that Alice had the Grimoire, yes. She couldn't possibly had known that unless Kogasa, the person who knew the most about Alice's situation in our group -- who also made some promises to Alice in our brief time controlling her -- turned traitor off-screen or something...

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #252 on: December 02, 2018, 06:40:21 AM »
// Even if it is a little suspicious lets not do anything about it right now, like ask more questions or accuse her, she seems short tempered.
// If she really is the culprit then we might have to start worrying about or well-being since she showed no hesitation and almost eliminated Mayina, her own ally/subordinate.  Louise will probably not buy this since she is somewhat obsessed with how perfect Shinki and everyone around her is
// I doubt Kogasa would backstab us like that, shes had hardly any off-screen time in which were weren't in control of her.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #253 on: December 02, 2018, 07:05:18 AM »
//It's not about suspicion. It's more of the matter that it seems like a mistake on the parser's part with the current lack of evidence to suggest otherwise.  :V

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #254 on: December 02, 2018, 07:12:06 AM »
// Maybe, I was calculating the possibility of Yumeko being culprit based on what we have seen

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #255 on: December 02, 2018, 12:24:34 PM »
> "Well thank you for your time"
> Turn to Louise and see if she has anything to add before we leave

// Ahh wasn't sure how it worked, I thought we could start the process and he would become stronger as we get stronger

> Yumeko just looks at you silently. Mai mutters... something but it's so quiet this time you can't hear it. Yuki says "Was interesting!"

> Louise just makes a mention to head back towards the gate.

// Yumeko has a very good reason for knowing about the Grimoire. Actually she has multiple reasons. Of course, one of the reasons could totally be 'She's the culprit'. But I will write off 'Kogasa somehow told her/Mayina.' Mostly because Kogasa's been in earshot of you the whole time and hasn't had any chance to talk to him or Yumeko alone anyway. So Rumia IC has the knowledge to rule out that possibility. [Unless Kogasa surprised everyone by suddenly developing telepathy, a very impressive feat considering she biologically dosen't have a brain to perform such a feat with because, you know... umbrella. Side note; if Kogasa met Satori I'd totally write it as Satori being unable to read her since she technically dosen't have a heart or mind to read. Miko could still hear her desires however. All ten of which would be surprise.]

It's also not a mistake. Yumeko knowing is very intentional. Characters can have other sources of knowledge then what your group says or does.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2018, 12:34:03 PM by Raikaria »

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #256 on: December 02, 2018, 03:53:30 PM »
> Head back towards the gate, remember to fly low
> Once we fad enough so they can't hear us ask Louise "I wasn't expecting Yumeko to try and execute Mayina.  Do you think I made the right choice?"
> "Also, what did she mean by Inquisition?"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #257 on: December 02, 2018, 05:16:29 PM »
> Head back towards the gate, remember to fly low
> Once we fad enough so they can't hear us ask Louise "I wasn't expecting Yumeko to try and execute Mayina.  Do you think I made the right choice?"
> "Also, what did she mean by Inquisition?"

> Louise keeps moving until she passes through the gate, only then does she stop, sitting upon her luggage bag and trembleing. Sara is noticeably not there, only the blue-haired girl is now.

> "What sort of fool are you?" she asks. "To talk back to Yumeko? Do you have any idea of what she is?"

> Louise exhales. She still looks unsettled, but her trembleing has lessened.

> "Yumeko is going to do exactly what she said she would. She is going to use the information from Mayina's mind to track down anyone who could have anything to do with it. Anyone aware of the plot will be Eradicated. As far as Yumeko is concerned, those who were aware but did not notify the authorities are just as guilty of blasphemy as those who actually partook. She will take their memories, for anything of use to track down more blasphemers, and then destroy them. Body and Soul, completely Eradicated. If they're lucky, no-one but Mayina and the actual culprits knew. If more people knew... Yumeko's Inquisition could wipe entire settlements off the map. Opposing her is completely impossible. She's honed everything to be the perfect Slayer of Daemon and Magi alike."

> Louise sighs. "That's one theory about Vina. Yumeko performed an Inquisition. Some think she wiped the entire city out due to some sort of blasphemy. The fact no-one survived makes it possible. But of course, that's exactly why no-one knows for sure what happened. Because there were no survivors."
« Last Edit: December 02, 2018, 05:19:28 PM by Raikaria »

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #258 on: December 02, 2018, 06:08:19 PM »
> Look shocked at Louise calling us a fool
> "Talk back?  She was going to kill him!  That's not how we punish incident instigators in Gensokyo!"
> "Speaking of Mayina, when do we get him back?"

> "Also, I couldn't help but notice she had no magical energy, Yuki and Mai both had energies related to their mature but Yumeko had nothing.  However I didn't feel comfortable asking her about it"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #259 on: December 02, 2018, 06:42:19 PM »
> Look shocked at Louise calling us a fool
> "Talk back?  She was going to kill him!  That's not how we punish incident instigators in Gensokyo!"
> "Speaking of Mayina, when do we get him back?"

> "Also, I couldn't help but notice she had no magical energy, Yuki and Mai both had energies related to their mature but Yumeko had nothing.  However I didn't feel comfortable asking her about it"

> "You're lucky she didn't kill you." Louise replies. "Or even all of us! And it doesn't matter how people are punished in Gensokyo. This is Makai. I told you, Makai is a world where not just anyone can survive."

> "I'd wager he'll be back at the dimensional passage waiting for you."

> "That's why Yumeko is unstoppable." Louise states simply. "Allow me to explain. Firstly; Yuki wasn't lying. She is the strongest Mage in Makai. Mai is the strongest Daemon. Yumeko; however, could slaughter both of them in moments, without a scratch. Because she is neither Daemon or Mage. She's a Child of Shinki."

> Louise stands up. "Children of Shinki have incredible potential. With the Lady's divine blood in their veins, they can accomplish almost anything they wish. Yumeko... wished to become the executor of Shinki's will, since Shinki would not take direct action herself, she would act on her behalf. It's why she dresses as a Maid, because in her mind, she is Shinki's formost servant. And to be the executor of the invincible Lady Shinki's will; she had to make herself invincible."

> Louise puts an arm forward, and starts making movements along it with a finger from her other hand. "I'm sure you've noticed, most denizens of Makai utilize magical circles or runes to cast their magic. So Yumeko figured out a simple way to make herself invincible. A method as brutal and perfect as Yumeko herself. She tore her own body apart, carving magical runes and circles into it. Counterspells. Wards. Protections. Enhancements. Making the magic part of her. No... making the anti-magic part of her very being. Yumeko is simply invulnerable. And no-one in Makai can match her martial prowess either. And that's without even getting into her inherent ability; which alone would make her almost unstoppable."

> Louise pulls her arm back. "That is the terror of Yumeko."
« Last Edit: December 02, 2018, 06:43:52 PM by Raikaria »

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #260 on: December 02, 2018, 07:02:37 PM »
> "Is she also invincible to physical damage in addition to all magic?  What about magic that doesn't need magic circles or runes to cast, like my darkness and barriers?  Also what is her inherent ability?" 
> "Why would Shinki want her to wipe out entire settlements,  aren't they all her creations?  She didn't wipe out Lumina of all people yet she allows Yumeko to wipe out entire populations?"

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #261 on: December 02, 2018, 07:16:28 PM »
>Is Donnie still with us?
>"Hey Kogasa, are you alright? You've been uncharacteristically quiet for a while now..."

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #262 on: December 02, 2018, 07:17:26 PM »
> "Is she also invincible to physical damage in addition to all magic?  What about magic that doesn't need magic circles or runes to cast, like my darkness and barriers?  Also what is her inherent ability?" 
> "Why would Shinki want her to wipe out entire settlements,  aren't they all her creations?  She didn't wipe out Lumina of all people yet she allows Yumeko to wipe out entire populations?"
//I would say choose these words very carefully. We don't want to accidentally anger Louise more...

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #263 on: December 02, 2018, 07:23:48 PM »

> "Good luck landing a blow on her. As I said; she outmatches everyone in Makai in physical combat with ease. Makai is a world of magic, after all. Even then, her ability is Spacial Manipulation. If she thought herself outmatched in close combat, you simply couldn't get close to her. She most often uses it for teleportation."

> "She acts according to what she thinks Lady Shinki would want." Louise says. "She doesn't get orders from her. Shinki doesn't interfere. She lets Yumeko act as she wants. Believe what she wants. Even then, there's a difference between killing for a purpose, and killing for the sake of killing. Lumina threatened all of Makai; indiscriminately. Yumeko only threatens those who, in her books, have done wrong."

>Is Donnie still with us?
>"Hey Kogasa, are you alright? You've been uncharacteristically quiet for a while now..."

> Yep; although she looks overwhelmed and confused.

> "I'm OK." Kogasa says. "I was just looking for an opening to surprise those guys... I couldn't find one."

> "Miss Yumeko sure is a scary person~" a childish voice you don't recognize says. "But, you know, she's only doing what she thinks is right. Don't be too hard on her."

// Louise isn't angry, she's scared. She's calming down.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #264 on: December 02, 2018, 07:34:47 PM »
>"Bweh!?"
>Look for the source of the new voice.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #265 on: December 02, 2018, 07:40:57 PM »
>"Bweh!?"
>Look for the source of the new voice.

> You turn, and see a young girl a little shorter than you.

> She is a blonde, like you, and has twin pigtails, each tied with two cherry-looking things. She has light-blue eyes, and is wearing a simple, summery one-piece red dress, which ends at the knees. If you look like a ten year-old; she probobly looks about eight.

> She hops back a little with your sound, before she says. "Don't be scared, it's just Luci."

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #266 on: December 02, 2018, 07:47:26 PM »
>Smile
>"Oh hello there, little one. How long were you there?"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #267 on: December 02, 2018, 09:11:45 PM »
>Smile
>"Oh hello there, little one. How long were you there?"

> "Long enough to think you're interesting. I like watching the gate and looking at Pandemonium." the girl says. "I know Paradise quite well. It's obvious you're not from here, Miss Bowl-head."

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #268 on: December 02, 2018, 09:21:58 PM »
> It was only a matter of time before we were called bowl-head...
> "Yep we are not from here, and I'm Rumia"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #269 on: December 02, 2018, 09:29:13 PM »
> It was only a matter of time before we were called bowl-head...
> "Yep we are not from here, and I'm Rumia"

> It's probobly best it was a child who did it.

> The girl tilts her head.

> "Rumia... Rumia... where are you from? And who's your umbrella?" she asks; pointing at Kogasa.

> Kogasa suddenly gets all red being called someone's umbrella, and says in quite a loud and embarrassed tone "I'm no-one's umbrella!" This causes the girl to playfully stick out her tongue and close one eye... in the same way Kogasa tends to.