Author Topic: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai  (Read 224205 times)

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
« Reply #120 on: November 17, 2018, 05:37:39 PM »
> "You are right, let's head for the hill then"
> Quickly start moving in that direction

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #121 on: November 17, 2018, 07:55:40 PM »
> "You are right, let's head for the hill then"
> Quickly start moving in that direction

> You fly into the enclave.

> A few minutes after, the maisma gets thicker, and you can see it rushing past and hear the wind. Occasionally, a purple-blue bolt of energy crackles through it in the same direction as the wind.

> Another of Mayina's species flies into the crevice. This one is a female; dressed in almost the same way. She has purple hair, in twintails which go to about halfway down her back.

> "Awww I hate manastorms..." she complains.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #122 on: November 17, 2018, 09:10:49 PM »
>Has she seen us yet?

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #123 on: November 17, 2018, 09:32:08 PM »
>Has she seen us yet?

> She probobly has, but she hasn't shown any indication of it yet. She is currently brushing herself down, light red dust coming off her.

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #124 on: November 17, 2018, 09:49:03 PM »
> Step between her and Mayina and darken the area around us enough so only our outline can be seen and no specific features (this should also apply to Mayina since he is behind us regardless if he is in our sphere)
> Wait and see if she initiates a conversation

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #125 on: November 17, 2018, 10:25:08 PM »
> Step between her and Mayina and darken the area around us enough so only our outline can be seen and no specific features (this should also apply to Mayina since he is behind us regardless if he is in our sphere)
> Wait and see if she initiates a conversation

> The darkening almost immediately catches the attention of the daemon.

> "That's a strange magic. Or perhaps an ability. Hiding things dosen't work so well when I've already seen them. All it does is make me curious as to why you have him chained to a luggage bag."

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #126 on: November 17, 2018, 10:59:05 PM »
> "Oh that? I can manipulate darkness"
> Restore our sphere to its previous size
> "Well its kind of a long story, pretty much he was caught someplace he shouldn't be in and we are trying to figure out why and how he got there"
> Look at Louise as if expecting her to explain further

> If Mayina interrupts give him the death stare (with our eyes glowing bright red)

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #127 on: November 18, 2018, 06:25:26 PM »
> "Oh that? I can manipulate darkness"
> Restore our sphere to its previous size
> "Well its kind of a long story, pretty much he was caught someplace he shouldn't be in and we are trying to figure out why and how he got there"
> Look at Louise as if expecting her to explain further

> If Mayina interrupts give him the death stare (with our eyes glowing bright red)

> "That's a fancy name for turning out the lights." the female says.

> "A place he shouldn't be? Not many of those sort of places around here." the daemoness says, actually looking at you now. She sounds more curious than anything.

> You look at Louise as if begging for help.

> "Caught where he shouldn't be, and this is a group of girls. I'll let you put it all together." Louise states. "As a fellow woman you should get it."

> The daemon's face turns red, and she slaps the air. Mayina's face moves and sounds like it got slapped. She then moves as far from the male as she can get.

> "evil..." the prisoner grumbles; with Donitia laughing.

> "I don't get it." Kogasa says quietly.

> "Well you're an umbrella." Louise responds. "Just let her keep thinking you're a girl with an umbrella."

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #128 on: November 18, 2018, 06:41:18 PM »
> Aww Kogasa

> Rumia secret environment activist confirmed
> "Its not just "turning off the lights" but since you don't show any interest I won't be explaining"  Cross our arms while saying this

> "So what are you doing all the way out here?"

> Realize that we probably look ridiculous with this fish bowl on our head...

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #129 on: November 18, 2018, 07:59:09 PM »
> Aww Kogasa

> Rumia secret environment activist confirmed
> "Its not just "turning off the lights" but since you don't show any interest I won't be explaining"  Cross our arms while saying this

> "So what are you doing all the way out here?"

> Realize that we probably look ridiculous with this fish bowl on our head...

> "Manipulation of Darkness. Where there's not light there's darkness. Hence turning out the lights." the girl says.

> "I'm a Mana Crystal Hunter." she says.

> You figure you do look pretty odd.  But no-one's commented on it, and Makai in general seems a little odd.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #130 on: November 18, 2018, 08:09:29 PM »
>"A 'Mana crystal hunter'?"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #131 on: November 18, 2018, 08:40:12 PM »
>"A 'Mana crystal hunter'?"

> "You don't know what that is?" the daemoness says curiously. "Well; I guess they are pretty rare."

> The daemoness points towards the ground witha single finger, the tip glowing.

> "Sometimes magical energy builds up and crystallizes. You can find the crystals in the ground where this happens, and they're both powerful and valuable things. If it's left there, growing for long enough however it will animate and become a Mana Golem. Those things are dangerous. Aeons and Aeons of magical buildup coming alive. Luckily; I'm good at magic that can effect minerals. I'm the one who blasted this crevice into this hill a while back during another Manastorm. Had found a crystal so I didn't wanna risk going into the tavern and someone trying to steal it."
« Last Edit: November 18, 2018, 08:47:25 PM by Raikaria »

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #132 on: November 18, 2018, 09:37:58 PM »
> Examine the ground where she is pointing, make a mental note of what a Mana Crystal looks like so we can spot them out next time we see one
> "How are Mana Crystals useful?"
> "Also how do you prevent them from becoming a Mana Golem?  Separating them from eachother?"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #133 on: November 18, 2018, 10:14:18 PM »
> Examine the ground where she is pointing, make a mental note of what a Mana Crystal looks like so we can spot them out next time we see one
> "How are Mana Crystals useful?"
> "Also how do you prevent them from becoming a Mana Golem?  Separating them from eachother?"

> She's just pointing at the ground. There is no crystal.

> "Aside from aesthetics? Skilled mages can draw upon them to perform spells greater than they could usually handle. They're like a battery." she explains. "I guess you lot don't go to Paradise often."

> It takes Aeons for it to happen. The crystal has to grow huge for it to awaken. You just take em out of the ground so they stop soaking up magic from it. Of course, there's a lot of ground. So it happens sometimes. I've only ever encountered one. Turns out my earth magic is very good at blasting them apart."

> She fires a small laser at the ground, and there is a small explosion at her feet. There is a surprisingly deep crater left when it fades.

> "It would sting if I shot it at you, but it wouldn't leave a hold in you like that. Mana Crystals are far too durable to be blasted by a small shot like that, so I use it to unearth them."

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #134 on: November 18, 2018, 10:24:28 PM »
>"So you specialize in earth magic?"

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #135 on: November 18, 2018, 10:28:38 PM »
> "Interesting, what do they look like when they are in the ground?"
> "Also, do they only occur naturally or is it possible condense magical energy into a crystal?"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #136 on: November 18, 2018, 10:49:28 PM »
>"So you specialize in earth magic?"

> "Kinda. More like... 'blowing up earth' magic. Prety useful for digging, mining, all that."

> "Interesting, what do they look like when they are in the ground?"
> "Also, do they only occur naturally or is it possible condense magical energy into a crystal?"

> "Shape varies, but they are purpleish crystals. At least in this region of Makai. And they only occur naturally over a massive amount of time. I don't think you can make one, else the Archmages would do so already. Maybe Lady Shinki can."

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #137 on: November 18, 2018, 10:56:50 PM »
> Make a mental note of what we imagine one would look like so we can spot one if we see one
> "Had any luck finding them recently out here?"

> Approach the storm and point somewhere out there, but keep a healthy distance from it
> Hows the storm looking outside?
> How are we holding up with the Miasma?

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #138 on: November 19, 2018, 07:15:21 PM »
> Make a mental note of what we imagine one would look like so we can spot one if we see one
> "Had any luck finding them recently out here?"

> Approach the storm and point somewhere out there, but keep a healthy distance from it
> Hows the storm looking outside?
> How are we holding up with the Miasma?

> You make a mental note of your mental vision.

> "Only a few tiny ones." the daemon says.

> The storm is rather strong right now. The bolts of energy are very frequent and the winds are howling. Kogasa looks oddly afraid whenever there is a bolt of energy; gripping the spoke on the top of her umbrella.

> You feel fine.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #139 on: November 19, 2018, 09:08:15 PM »
> "Are you alright Kogasa?"
> Hows everyone else holding up?

> When we have a free moment experiment a little:
> Try creating a large demarcation barrier outside in the storm and see how it reacts to it, can it penetrate the barrier?  Make sure its in the air so we can see if things fall through it (since our barriers are opaque darkness)

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #140 on: November 19, 2018, 10:25:55 PM »
> "Are you alright Kogasa?"
> Hows everyone else holding up?

> When we have a free moment experiment a little:
> Try creating a large demarcation barrier outside in the storm and see how it reacts to it, can it penetrate the barrier?  Make sure its in the air so we can see if things fall through it (since our barriers are opaque darkness)

> "Lightning bolts... scare me. People hide under umbrellas and we get struck." Kogasa says.

> Louise seems to be relaxing against the wall. Mayina is sitting down blushing while Donitia is still laughing.

> The barrier gets ripped apart before you can even finish forming it.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #141 on: November 19, 2018, 10:40:44 PM »
>"Yikes..."
>That could've been us...

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #142 on: November 19, 2018, 10:41:15 PM »
> "That must be a shocking experience"

> Lets experiment some more (Make sure no one gets clipped or intersected by the barriers we form inside)
> Form two barriers inside each other in the covered area and then try and move them outside, see if anything different happens when the barriers are already fully formed
> Form a barrier in the covered area and shoot a lethal darkness bullet at it.  Check the strength of the barrier afterwards

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #143 on: November 19, 2018, 11:56:43 PM »
>"Yikes..."
>That could've been us...

> "It wouldn't be that bad to flesh." Louise says. "Manastorms disrupt magic more than physical harm."

> "That must be a shocking experience"

> Lets experiment some more (Make sure no one gets clipped or intersected by the barriers we form inside)
> Form two barriers inside each other in the covered area and then try and move them outside, see if anything different happens when the barriers are already fully formed
> Form a barrier in the covered area and shoot a lethal darkness bullet at it.  Check the strength of the barrier afterwards

> Kogasa looks surprised at the bad pun.

> The already formed barriers last perhaps half a second longer before being ripped to nothingness.

> The barrier absorbs the bullet of darkness unharmed.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #144 on: November 20, 2018, 12:10:45 AM »
> Destroy the barrier since we are getting nowhere
> We surprised Kogasa

> Look at the daemoness
> "How much energy did you need to open this crevice?  Was it easy or was it exhausting?"
> "Because I was thinking that if the storm is on the surface we might be able to tunnel under it"

> Check out Mayina, still blushing?  Maybe he likes her?

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #145 on: November 20, 2018, 10:30:50 PM »
> Destroy the barrier since we are getting nowhere
> We surprised Kogasa

> Look at the daemoness
> "How much energy did you need to open this crevice?  Was it easy or was it exhausting?"
> "Because I was thinking that if the storm is on the surface we might be able to tunnel under it"

> Check out Mayina, still blushing?  Maybe he likes her?

> You remove the barrier.

> Surprising Kogasa feels... unaccomplishing.

> "It took quite a lot of my power to blast a hole this big. Especially in a hurry." she says. "Tunneling under it won't work."

> He looks annoyed and is sulking.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #146 on: November 20, 2018, 10:50:24 PM »

> Could we whisper to Mayina without the daemoness noticing or hearing?
If possible:
> Approach Mayina and ask "How long do these storms usually last"
> Now when we find a moment where the daemoness is not looking whisper "Hey, sorry for our embarrassing excuse, but I think its beneficial for all of us to keep this whole Gensokyo thing under wraps here in Makai"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #147 on: November 21, 2018, 10:02:28 PM »

> Could we whisper to Mayina without the daemoness noticing or hearing?
If possible:
> Approach Mayina and ask "How long do these storms usually last"
> Now when we find a moment where the daemoness is not looking whisper "Hey, sorry for our embarrassing excuse, but I think its beneficial for all of us to keep this whole Gensokyo thing under wraps here in Makai"

> "Varies wildly. How long does bad weather last in your world?" he answers.

> "I'd have not spared your dignity in your position." he whispers.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #148 on: November 21, 2018, 11:43:56 PM »
> Turn to the daemoness
> "Maybe we can help you find some more Magic Crystals?  With so much ground to cover you could use some help"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #149 on: November 22, 2018, 09:59:15 PM »
> Turn to the daemoness
> "Maybe we can help you find some more Magic Crystals?  With so much ground to cover you could use some help"

> "Well yeah there's a lot of ground to cover, there's all of Makai. And frankly, I don't trust no help. Those crystals are too valuable."

> The storm seems to be dying down.