Author Topic: MotK 3: Dead Townies [Day 2]  (Read 68057 times)

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
Re: MotK 3: Dead Townies [Day 2]
« Reply #420 on: December 27, 2018, 09:00:46 PM »

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #421 on: December 27, 2018, 09:07:00 PM »
[1] 3. Every first post must contain a ##VOTE: on a living player.
[2] 10. Addendum to above: during the Night, everyone may post once in the thread, so long as it is not relevant to the game. Post your memes, post your jokes. Dead players cannot post though because the dead are truly dead.
[3] 12. Don't post your role PMs, or quote the Mod. Exception Clause: you can quote the Mod if he posted in the thread. Any private information is private, confidential and scandalous.
[4] I think the best way to vote is to vote on a separate line, as to be clear and visible; You're all so capable let's get it right!
[5] I, therefore, make a formal request to the moderator of this game to create an additional rule to the game specifying which players are allowed to post within this thread. I know that, in accordance with the rules, anyone that has not died may make a single post during the night phases [2] and we are not allowed to make posts quoting private conversations with the moderator [3] but there are no clear statements regarding who is allowed to post in the game during the day.
[6] I'm a rogue. Wanna see what I can do to you with a tongue depresser? Because that's what you're gonna get for being third on the wagon.
[7] In addition to my prior request to the moderator [5], I request that BT also provide a response regarding his post [6]. I wish for clarification on whether the referred post [6] is one that you have submitted as a serious vote or if you wish to waive that vote by quoting rule 3 [1].
[8] Your posting style is driving me coco-nuts but I'll leave my vote on Dormio for the time being because using your vote sparingly??? in early day 1???? puh-leeze
[9a] Now, with my introduction out of the way, and in accordance with Rule Number 3 [1], I shall open my post with a ##Vote: Serela.
[9b] I also ##Vote:Dormio for immense drudgery, I forgot how wonderful you are!
[10] Persons registered for a forum account at the domain "shrinemaiden.org" and its associated domains have the right to become a "Player" in the game "Mafia of the Kaleidoscope" hosted by Bardiche, hereafter referred to as "Moderator." All following articles apply to all persons who have become "Players" in the game, by submitting a registration accepted by the Moderator, unless otherwise determined by the "Role PM", containing all relevant role information.
[11] Every Player has the right to submit a post on the message board hosted at "shrinemaiden.org", in the topic numbered 21626, otherwise known as the "game thread." Such posts may only be made during the 48 hours referred to as "Day Phase" per the rules submitted by the Moderator. Exceptions apply only if and in case of such clauses being made available in the "Rules." If not otherwise determined, this article automatically applies.
[12] Dormio is a dick and this is why we cannot have fun things. I don't need unvotes, I'm a big boy and I can count votes.
[13] Actually, seriously, why is this? BT just threw a fourth vote on me with nothing more than "let's see what this does!" He had more of a reason to vote Polly but he didn't feel like it, so he jumped on the big fat bandwagon literally Just Because! Hmmmmm...
[14] As someone has said to me at confessionals before, one would have to be a fool to panic about being at L-1 so early into D1. A scum quickhammer would basically be throwing the game away for them.
[15] W-wait, how did I suddenly end up at majority minus one?
[16] 5. Town is NOT required to reach a majority to Lynch. At the end of the Day, all votes are tallied and whoever has the most votes will be killed! There is no "hammer" vote, i.e. the Day will not end due to having a majority of votes on someone.
[17] Raikaria looks 100% fine, Zak's posts are kind of bare which isn't great but unlike px/bt I don't think his vote looks actively scummy, so he could still go either way, solidly neutral/not enough to form a read. Confirming to your demands makes me such a good person!
[18a] In addition to my prior request to the moderator [5], I request that BT also provide a response regarding his post [6]. I wish for clarification on whether the referred post [6] is one that you have submitted as a serious vote or if you wish to waive that vote by quoting rule 3 [1].
[18b] Sure it was.
[19] Let's see what this pill does.
[20] Serela your responses are not helping so I shall be here to help instead! (...) Now let's see how many people aren't paying attention to the game
[21] 11. Don't edit your posts.
[22]Following my previous line of questioning towards BT [18a] [18b], his vote on SB [6] seems quite lazy to me. His followup vote on Serela [19] further builds this sentiment that BT is not actively attempting to find the traitors in our midst that would prefer to live in a world without rules to govern our behaviors and instead looking for easy targets for the lynch. PX's behaviors [20] also display a similar level of apathy however given that he has only made the one post he may still be acting within rule 3 [1] and so I intend on pursuing this line of thought at a later time.
[23a] So here's my diagnosis: Zak is allowed to vote really cryptic like, why are PX and I not?
[23b] I'm voting Zak because it seemed like he disliked the Serela wagon (and the late joiners on it) because of vote tallies (hence his vote) but then he figured out vote tallies don't matter as much as they usually do and then proceeded to do fuck all and leave.
[24a] Oh the other hand, subterfuge and timewasteing are not appreciated in the confessional booth. We should be attempting to help each other root out the sin. Not posting meaningless prattle halfway through this first most Holy Day. Lurking in the shadows because you have nothing to say is one thing. Actively spouting unhelpful nonsense is quite another
[24b] While I would like a more... explanatory explanation from Zakeri, I must confess myself that BT is suspct of sin for the same reason as PX according to the Good Book. My decision to vote for the latter was merely spurred by recency. PX's nonsense occurred later into play than BT's.
[25] I dislike PX for the same reason as not liking BT! PX's is objectively worse but w/e I don't like either of them!
[26] PX's behaviors [20] also display a similar level of apathy however given that he has only made the one post he may still be acting within rule 3 [1] and so I intend on pursuing this line of thought at a later time.
[27] well that didn't really help. where's serious bananas
[28] And here you can see the Serela, flailing around in its natural habitat. Unlike most animals, the Serela holds the unique prestige of being neither a Carnivore, Herbivore or Omnivore. Instead, the species sustains itself with references to Captain Planet and eating four crayons a day (but not purple ones, they don't digest as well as the others).
[29] Please keep your hands inside the vehicle at all times, BT.
[30] 6. ##DeLurk: [player] in case someone's been lurking too much. Once ##DeLurk'd by 50%+1 of the living players, a player is up for Mod Kill at the end of the Day Phase. This Mod Kill does not replace the Lynch, and can only be stopped by ##Amnesty by DeLurking players. Example:
[31] Also his PX scumread could kind of universally apply to any lurker and isn't very committal anyway.
[32] My initial misread involved thinking that Dormio had three scumreads because the first time I skimmed his post I thought he was also scumreading me (helped by the fact that he mentioned me later on). I didn't feel like he was actually pushing PX very hard, but he singled him out over Zak and based on my other reads (knowing I'm town, townreading BT) it felt like the PX read was just there as a distancing thing because I felt like it was unlikely that Dormio pushed 3 townies, and also it kind of added up because I scumread both of them individually.
[33] PX's behaviors [20] also display a similar level of apathy however given that he has only made the one post he may still be acting within rule 3 [1] and so I intend on pursuing this line of thought at a later time.
[34] Secondly with regards to PX as others, including myself, have already mentioned [23a] [24a] [24b] [25] [26] PX's conduct has been less than what most would deem satisfactory. I, therefore, submit a formal request to PX that he provide clarification with regards to his actions lest he face charges of criminal negligence.
[35] Given that it has been approximately 26 hours since PX's latest post [20], I motion to make use of rule 6 [30] and shall ##DeLurk: PX.
[36] I voted Serela because having more votes on the same person is better than spreading them around because you turn them into an issue. I was kind of hoping that someone would put Serela down to L-1 because it was definitely going to force someone to form a real stance, but saying it out loud kind of diminishes the effect.
[37] It felt like he tried too hard to justify keeping his vote after BT provided more content. I think Dormio was worried about changing his vote because he didn't have a good way off the wagon and he would caught out for doing it.
[38] The first thing that I intend to address here is SB's posts [31] [32] regarding myself and my supposed scumreads on himself and PX.
[39] he second item on the agenda that I intend to address this session is an update to my thoughts with regard to SB given that he has recently submitted further evidence for review [36] [37].
[40] Delurk is anti-town. Especially when the odds that it hits scum is only 22%. The only situation where I would support such an action is if we couple it with the Holy Night; also known as ##NoLynch. Potentially lynching a member of this Holy Congregation; having the Angels smite a second and then the Sinful kill a Third puts us 2/6 on Day 2.
[41] Delurk is a hideously anti-town motion when there is only a 22% chance it hits scum currently.
[42] I had managed to identify that Delurk was anti-town and should not be used.
[43] And both you and Polaris have completely ignored my point that ActionDan is equally guilty of lurking in the shadows as PX is. What is it that makes PX worse than ActionDan? I myself have stated such [I found PX's 'let's see who's paying attention' post anti-town as is was little but fluff and distraction], but I see no such reasoning on your end.
[44] And yet, despite both of you acknowledging that Delurk at least potentially is anti-town, and PX has stated he is working on something, neither of you have given Amnesty yet.
[45] Ayy, Dormio, who would you consolidate on if my wagon doesn't diffuse-panbronchiolitis out?
[46] Dormio, Zakeri, Serela, BT
[47] Weighing Scale 1.1
[48] Dormio; what is it that makes you now not support a Serela lynch in any way? Everything I have seen you say regarding Serela has been neutral to negative. You seem to just give him a pass for his suspicious actions and lack of scumhunting due to 'stupidity and negligence'.
[49] Sure, but can you tell the good neurosurgeon why, or why not others?
[50] Fun fact: if we use delurk two days in a row, it's like we get an extra mislynch.
[51] 7/2, if we mislynch 3 times we lose.
[52] Pedit: I don't get your point at all.
[53] Dormio: SB's speaking in hypotheticals, as in, what would happen in a worst-case scenario. As in, me at the morgue.
[54] That assumes that the DeLurk will never be used to take down a criminal. The fact that you make this assumption without even considering that possibility causes myself to infer that you have access to knowledge that I do not.
[55] Following my previous line of questioning towards BT [18a] [18b], his vote on SB [6] seems quite lazy to me. His followup vote on Serela [19] further builds this sentiment that BT is not actively attempting to find the traitors in our midst that would prefer to live in a world without rules to govern our behaviors and instead looking for easy targets for the lynch.
[56] The first statement that I wish to address is BT's initial argument against Zakeri [23a]. What I find interesting about the argument presented within this post [23] is that he argues with the people attacking him by stating that WHMZakeri is guilty of the same crimes that he has committed and appears to be affected more by the fact that WHMZakeri is not being prosecuted for committing the same crimes as himself rather than the fact that he has been accused of a crime himself.
[57] When I reread, BT's Dormio suspicion is LITERALLY JUST SHEEPING. Other than prodding when Dormio dropped his dumb SB vote to retake the BT vote he'd used most of the day, but that's just easy pickings. BT's d1 is actually worse than I thought it was, on reread. It really just looks like him going, Oh Hey, People Suspect Dormio, Let's Quickwagon Him Now That Zak Claimed.
[58] I'd add on the topic of Dormio but I agree with what SB's saying and can't think of anything else that looked weird. I mean, I have my doubts too, 'cause I remember posts that made me think town pro-activity, but I know Dormio's capable of that. Muu. Amaurosis fugax.
[59] Why not Dormio. Salpingoophorectomy.
[60] OK but at least Zak claimed. Hello.
[61] Last chance for any of you stragglers to switch to Dormio. I'm pretty certain that Zak is town at this point. Blood infusion.
[62] I'm going to parrot the mentally deceased guy's argument here - Dormio's cases have been cherrypicked, his engagement is unhelpful, and I'll add that he wasn't helpful towards deadline, didn't budge about Zakeri's claim, declined to claim himself, and hasn't posted even a good morning post so far.
[63] Look, I started coming around to the Dormio Lynch when SB mentioned that he's been voting me for 24 hours for pretty assumptuous reasons without updating the vote. Before that point I actually leaned town on the guy.
[64] Read: Will
[65a] I'll answer your request first:
[65b] You got hung up on that post to conjure an entire story about me shifting blame, where that's the only place I did something you could mistake as shifting blame. And mistake you did.
[66] Now that formalities are out of the way, I shall append the following to my post:
[67] The second thing I noticed is the weird back-and-forth on Dormio like he felt like he had to comment on him even though no one else got that wishy washy treatment? It might just be my tunnelvision (it's definitely my tunnelvision) but it makes me think PX is scum with Dormio.
[68] 6,7. My vote is still on PX and honestly I'm not sure I want to switch to Dormio, it's like, I still remember some D1 dormio posts which made me think he's town despite his fiction about me being mafia. I still think PX was conveniently there to lynch the oneshot rolecop (only for a town governor to thwart that). I still want to get to the bottom of this slot. PX it is.
[69] Zakeri's claim, I'm feeling 50/50 about if it's true or not. Zak flipping scum would indict BT but I'm not feeling BT being scum so instead I'll point my vote towards who I think is misleading people the most ##Vote: Raikaria
[70] So; on re-reading Day 1; combined with events today, and combined with information that we did not have yesterday and the holy powers of hindsight, I have come to a new conclusion. While there are certainly misgivings towards other players, based on interactions regarding SB and Serela [Two townies], I must say that Dormio looks significantly more sinful than he did to me yesterday.
[71] I am of the opinion that, were Raikaria to be a criminal, he would be less inclined to continue following through with his flawed line of reasoning when facing the heavy opposition as he is now.
[72] Seems a little strange to judge only one neighbour, and not all thy neighbors being treated the same as thou would wish to be treated. ##:Unvote ##Vote: ActionDan
[73a] Lurking in the shadows because you have nothing to say is one thing. Actively spouting unhelpful nonsense is quite another. ##Unvote ## Vote: PX
[73b] ActionDan's confessions to me appear to be in order
[74] In my best attempt to answer the inquisitive Raikaria, I was not seeing much alignment indicative behavior at the time of my last post aside from a passing thought that polly-kun's first post had a town ring to it. I do disagree with his reservations about the impressive lawyerly ways of our Dormio. I haven't processed what may be sufficient content to get a read (or better read as the case may be) on BT/Serela/Polly/Dormio from these last couple pages just yet?but I will come back and do so. Let's all do our very best to find the scum; I know we can do it!
[75a] Unlike the other inactive players, who are merely guilty of Sloth, Serela is currently guilty of Wrath and Sloth. And as such, I feel it is time to change the candidate of condemnation. ##Unvote ##Vote: Serela
[75b] As Serela withdraws into the shadows; the topic having shifted away from him, my suspicion grows. The aformentioned confession from Polaris niggles in the back of my mind. What have you done except respond, my child? Looking back, I see nothing... proactive. While the Good Book does say let he without sin throw the first stone, an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind. And the little would-be waffle seems to only be returning ocular blows.
[75c] 7: SB - I'm unsure what to make of his recent Dormio vote. 'Half-Fine' seems superior to unhelpful or nothing at all. Also; while I agree with his suspicion on PX, I fail to see where the idea of PX/Dormio specifically as a scumteam comes from. Is it not too soon to be throwing around such wild accusations? Especially when one half of this combination has hardly done anything as of yet? Still; a lack of me agreeing on all points does not mean judgement of sin. Being wrong is not a sin. If anything, it shows a virtue of Diligence.
[76] So; for the time being, I shall pass judgement upon the other major lurker, in a manner that does not potentially condemn the righteous to a Day 2 MYLO. This is far from a final vote, as I have previously stated, my confessional booth is open all day. ##: Unvote ##Vote: ActionDan
[77] Late night typing in a hurry. I rate a Zakeri lynch over Dormio.
[78] Assuming that Raikaria is not taking refuge in audacity, I find it difficult to convince myself that Raikaria's opinions mirror that of a criminal. I believe Raikaria to be an enthusiastic, if somewhat misguided, player within this game.
I am of the opinion that, were Raikaria to be a criminal, he would be less inclined to continue following through with his flawed line of reasoning when facing the heavy opposition as he is now. Of course, this is simply speculation on my part, but speculation is all I have to work with now.
[79] BT frankly dosen't seem to be scumhunting much either; just parking on a D1 lurker. ##Vote: BT
[80] Also the fact BT is not listening to the congregation further supports the concept that he is not looking for sin.
[81] As another alternative, we could opt to No Lynch tonight; get more information via someone flipping, as well as use the extended Holy Night of Celebrations to get all out ideas and thoughts in order.
[82] Worth noting I am merey putting the option of a No Lynch out there because I'm fairly sure most of us have been fairly busy on this holy day, and have other thoughts than a game of Mafia.
[83] Very co-incidental that Dormio's opinion of me should change when I re-read and my opinion of him becomes more negative.
[84] dormio that's all fine and dandy (i didn't actually read this i just skimmed it) but aren't we nearing deadline? do you have an opinion on, like, the main wagon (PX)
[85] do you just use screencap constantly? what a life

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #422 on: December 27, 2018, 09:33:16 PM »
CHRISTMAS STATUS: SAVED

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #423 on: December 27, 2018, 09:37:32 PM »
What a way for it to end!

But seriously? Who was the scums? I want to know if I was right.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #424 on: December 27, 2018, 10:47:42 PM »
ROLES:
Scum:
Polaris: Scum roleblocker, initially had a fakeclaim built in as anti-roleblocker. Removed it for being too bastard.
Dormio: Scum filibuster, original role. Had the power to stop a lynch once during the game, then at a later time lynch the target immediately. Effectively a Dayvig whose target was picked by Town.

Town:
BT: Watcher. Would learn the identity of all visitors to the target, additionally knows if the target performed an action that night. Initially became Immune whenever he acted. This was the source of mod error: I gave BT the results of his action when he should've been roleblocked. If he wasn't roleblocked Night 1, would've caught scum in the kill.
Serela: Innocent Votecleaner. Had the power to be declared innocent and get all votes cleared off him. Was the last role to be added.
Kinimu: Journalist. Could write a note every day, then deliver it at Night. On death, reveals contents of last note written. Role was never used even once. Initially was able to broadcast a message to everyone who did not perform a Night action, but was deemed too strong.
WHMZakeri: Rolecop/Checker. On Day 1, could rolecop a single target. On Day 2 onwards, could check whether someone performed a Night action the previous night. Was designed to clear bullshit claims of "I didn't act." or confirm claims.
Raikaria: Neighbouriser. Could form a Neighbourhood with someone. On dying, his remaining Neighbour would've had a one-shot Dayvig. Sadly, it wound up going to Scum. Initially, Raikaria would've gotten the Dayvig if his buddied died, too.
PX: Doc. Protects someone during the Day and Night, but became Vanilla if his ability was used up.
SB: Backup. As posted, would inherit a Townie's powers. Just in case Zakeri, BT or PX died early without using their power. Since he inherits the power as-is, would've regained any one-time use abilities as well. In this way, he could've created a second Neighbourhood, potentially. I didn't think that one through.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2018, 10:49:31 PM by Bardiche »

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #425 on: December 27, 2018, 10:48:27 PM »
I was all "BT is acting scummy, but he's putting in a lot more effort this game, which he wouldn't do as scum ... ?\_(ツ)_/?"

I also was thinking a refusal to be Neighborly was anti-town.  Is that true in general?
« Last Edit: December 27, 2018, 10:52:09 PM by O4rfish »
[9:49:09] <Purvis> Generally not, but your mother may be an exception.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #426 on: December 27, 2018, 11:23:30 PM »
ROLES:
Scum:
Polaris: Scum roleblocker, initially had a fakeclaim built in as anti-roleblocker. Removed it for being too bastard.
Dormio: Scum filibuster, original role. Had the power to stop a lynch once during the game, then at a later time lynch the target immediately. Effectively a Dayvig whose target was picked by Town.

Town:
BT: Watcher. Would learn the identity of all visitors to the target, additionally knows if the target performed an action that night. Initially became Immune whenever he acted. This was the source of mod error: I gave BT the results of his action when he should've been roleblocked. If he wasn't roleblocked Night 1, would've caught scum in the kill.
Serela: Innocent Votecleaner. Had the power to be declared innocent and get all votes cleared off him. Was the last role to be added.
Kinimu: Journalist. Could write a note every day, then deliver it at Night. On death, reveals contents of last note written. Role was never used even once. Initially was able to broadcast a message to everyone who did not perform a Night action, but was deemed too strong.
WHMZakeri: Rolecop/Checker. On Day 1, could rolecop a single target. On Day 2 onwards, could check whether someone performed a Night action the previous night. Was designed to clear bullshit claims of "I didn't act." or confirm claims.
Raikaria: Neighbouriser. Could form a Neighbourhood with someone. On dying, his remaining Neighbour would've had a one-shot Dayvig. Sadly, it wound up going to Scum. Initially, Raikaria would've gotten the Dayvig if his buddied died, too.
PX: Doc. Protects someone during the Day and Night, but became Vanilla if his ability was used up.
SB: Backup. As posted, would inherit a Townie's powers. Just in case Zakeri, BT or PX died early without using their power. Since he inherits the power as-is, would've regained any one-time use abilities as well. In this way, he could've created a second Neighbourhood, potentially. I didn't think that one through.

Oh; so my D1 Polly/Dormio guess and my D2 pushing on Dormio was right? And I'll admit; I was suspect of Polly even D2 based on his reaction to me neighbourhood. [He was #3 scumread]

I was right! #Delurk clearly was anti-town!

I kinda wanna see the scumchat when I had my D1 Delurk read...

Hell; I was right about Zakeri's lynch being delayed!

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #427 on: December 28, 2018, 08:41:01 AM »
I'll repeat what I said in thread but DeLurk is a useful mechanic to get rid of people who aren't contributing to the game.
Having to waste a lynch on lurkers is terrible and, to be honest, I just hate lurkers in general.
You could make the argument that trying to waste a lynch, which is the only real tool that town have to remove mafia from the game, on a lurker is far more anti-town than DeLurk.

Also, neither of us cared about the DeLurk read because it's not anything that a sane person would get a "read" off.