Topic: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 26737 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Hello Purvis

  • Acolyte
  • *
  • Hello Jerry
  • Staff
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Nickname: Purvis
Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #420 on: October 15, 2018, 02:25:55 am »
> Where exactly is the ache in the hand ? It could be useful to see the effect ,and bring it to examine ,once the Ticket-to-Dry-Land is hit..
>Do the forest match the Youkai Mountain Forest we passed to reach the Kappa Village ?In the same sea-dunk and well-adjusted condition?
>Look behind in the opposite direction of the Village,if nothing standing out is noted,look back,keep track of it then tree-approaching.
>Properly examine and feel it it is a Youkai Mountain forest tree which has been recently submerged in ocean water...
>Does the supposedly deep-fathom pressure do not affect the trees and vegetation?What about those houses and the items inside?
>All seems to be behaving as if properly under salty waters apart from some issuues such as  things at the bottom being so well-preserved as if they were smoothly  and only fairly recently displaced with their own lighting which does not,or with much difficulty,travel upwards...
>The other time ended up on top of the Temple roof without realizing but with actual movement,flight and phasing out....
> Could this mean that while here feels like sea-diving in this ocean-with-bits-of-Gensokyo-at-the-bottom dimension,in the real Gensokyo there's a case ,in front of Tojiko the Taoist nonethless ,about a sudden disappearance or maybe a sleepwalk-like of a Buddhist Ghost Sailor who would be this time be found having climbed down or up the Mountain?
>As if this place,or whoever is behind this,was pulling more and more pieces of Gensokyo first pulling in a living being,or rather a ghostly being,as an anchor and then bits of the environment alongside herself...

>It is on the side of your left hand, which is bleeding a little.
>It seems to resemble that forest, at least.
>Looking away from the village, you don't see anything particularly different before your visibility fails you.
>You swim down to one of the trees and feel it. It is indeed a proper tree, a black-thing with few leaves and a lot of nasty-looking branches.
>That's true, the water pressure isn't affecting anything. At least that you can see.
>You have no idea how this must look to people who aren't here. Can they even see you?
>You have no idea.

>_

Thata no Guykoro

  • I ran out of good lines a while ago
  • It alllll makes sense now
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Nickname: That Guy
Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #421 on: October 15, 2018, 05:51:58 am »
>How far away do we feel from where we and Tojiko were?
>Does anything look distinct enough to easily find if/when we return to the non-flooded Gensokyo?
>Can we taste the water and compare it to normal ocean water, if we remember the taste of the latter?

Hello Purvis

  • Acolyte
  • *
  • Hello Jerry
  • Staff
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Nickname: Purvis
Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #422 on: October 15, 2018, 07:13:40 am »
>How far away do we feel from where we and Tojiko were?
>Does anything look distinct enough to easily find if/when we return to the non-flooded Gensokyo?
>Can we taste the water and compare it to normal ocean water, if we remember the taste of the latter?

>It's hard to tell. Probably some hundreds of yards?
>Not immediately, but you could probably find some minot landmark and memorize it.
>It tastes exact like salt water you would find in the ocean. Or the sea.

>_

Thata no Guykoro

  • I ran out of good lines a while ago
  • It alllll makes sense now
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Nickname: That Guy
Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #423 on: October 15, 2018, 02:35:41 pm »
>Look around for any easily-recognizable minor landmarks - a weird tree, perhaps?
>If we find them, try digging a small hole next to it or otherwise marking it, so we can see if that carries over to regular Gensokyo.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 05:00:57 pm by Thata no Guykoro »

Hello Purvis

  • Acolyte
  • *
  • Hello Jerry
  • Staff
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Nickname: Purvis
Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #424 on: October 15, 2018, 09:43:58 pm »
>Look around for any easily-recognizable minor landmarks - a weird tree, perhaps?
>If we find them, try digging a small hole next to it or otherwise marking it, so we can see if that carries over to regular Gensokyo.

>Looking around, you find a tree with a distinct sort of Y-shaped split in the trunk.
>Touching down near it, you scoop out some mud from the ocean floor.

>_

Thata no Guykoro

  • I ran out of good lines a while ago
  • It alllll makes sense now
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Nickname: That Guy
Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #425 on: October 16, 2018, 06:09:28 am »
>How high is Youkai Mountain from where we are? With the level of water we saw while swimming up, can we assume the entire mountain has been submerged?
>Is the mountain the highest point in Gensokyo?

Hello Purvis

  • Acolyte
  • *
  • Hello Jerry
  • Staff
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Nickname: Purvis
Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #426 on: October 16, 2018, 08:40:21 am »
>How high is Youkai Mountain from where we are? With the level of water we saw while swimming up, can we assume the entire mountain has been submerged?
>Is the mountain the highest point in Gensokyo?

>You are currently on the ground, so it is much higher than you.
>You're not sure, actually, but surely it is among the highest. The gates to the netherworld may be higher, but you are certainly not going to check that yourself.

>_

Thata no Guykoro

  • I ran out of good lines a while ago
  • It alllll makes sense now
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Nickname: That Guy
Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #427 on: October 16, 2018, 02:47:14 pm »
>Swim up again, this time for a while. See if we can figure out if the sea water is higher than Youkai Mountain or not.

Hello Purvis

  • Acolyte
  • *
  • Hello Jerry
  • Staff
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Nickname: Purvis
Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #428 on: October 16, 2018, 08:14:28 pm »
>Swim up again, this time for a while. See if we can figure out if the sea water is higher than Youkai Mountain or not.

>You begin to swim upward again.
>After about a minute of this, the world suddenly shifts in the space of an eyeblink. The water is gone, the sky is bright and clear. You hand no longer hurts. You can see Gensokyo as you know it around you. You are falling, and should probably do something about that.

>_

Kilgamayan

  • True
  • *
  • The Real Treasure Is You
  • Staff
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Nickname: Toyosatomimi no Miko
Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #429 on: October 16, 2018, 08:45:57 pm »
> Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa catch ourselves and slow to a stop!
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"
  • Let's Play Super Marisa World

Hello Purvis

  • Acolyte
  • *
  • Hello Jerry
  • Staff
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Nickname: Purvis
Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #430 on: October 16, 2018, 09:01:47 pm »
> Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa catch ourselves and slow to a stop!

>You cry out reflexively and catch yourself as you fall. It takes a bit of work to slow your momentum; you're only a few yards above the dense leafless treetops of the forest outside of the kappa village by the time you come to a complete stop.

>_

Thata no Guykoro

  • I ran out of good lines a while ago
  • It alllll makes sense now
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Nickname: That Guy
Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #431 on: October 16, 2018, 09:07:22 pm »
>Check our inventory to see if the anemone changed when we returned to regular Gensokyo.
>Return to where we were before changing worlds and see if Tojiko is still hanging around.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 09:09:14 pm by Thata no Guykoro »

Hello Purvis

  • Acolyte
  • *
  • Hello Jerry
  • Staff
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Nickname: Purvis
Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #432 on: October 16, 2018, 11:00:58 pm »
>Check our inventory to see if the anemone changed when we returned to regular Gensokyo.
>Return to where we were before changing worlds and see if Tojiko is still hanging around.

>You do not seem to have an anemone onhand, or anything of the sort. You note as well that you no longer have a bite mark on your hand.
>You make your way back toward the village, covering a little distance before you hear her shout "There you are!" from below.

>_

Serela

  • Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
  • LOOK AT ME
Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #433 on: October 16, 2018, 11:26:02 pm »
>Fly over to Tojiko.
>"That was it! It happened again!"
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Hello Purvis

  • Acolyte
  • *
  • Hello Jerry
  • Staff
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Nickname: Purvis
Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #434 on: October 16, 2018, 11:32:59 pm »
>Fly over to Tojiko.
>"That was it! It happened again!"

>You don't fly over to her so much as downward. Which involves picking your way through the tangled canopy of branches that is thick enough to leave the forest below quite gloomy despite the lack of leaves.
>Tojiko waits by a tree as you work your way through. "I thought as such. You just sort of went fuzzy and disappeared."

>_

Serela

  • Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
  • LOOK AT ME
Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #435 on: October 16, 2018, 11:41:47 pm »
>"Jeez... at least I got a witness this time. Again, everything was underwater. But this time, I could tell I was in the same place. Could see the kappa homes and everything."
>Frown. "I tried to take something back, but it all disappeared. Heck, I even got bit by an eel, and the bite disappeared the second I came back!"
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Thata no Guykoro

  • I ran out of good lines a while ago
  • It alllll makes sense now
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Nickname: That Guy
Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #436 on: October 17, 2018, 12:05:00 am »
>"I dug a small hole by a nearby weird-looking tree. Do you want to go see if that vanished too? It probably did, but it doesn't hurt to check."

Hello Purvis

  • Acolyte
  • *
  • Hello Jerry
  • Staff
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Nickname: Purvis
Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #437 on: October 17, 2018, 12:56:43 am »
>"Jeez... at least I got a witness this time. Again, everything was underwater. But this time, I could tell I was in the same place. Could see the kappa homes and everything."
>Frown. "I tried to take something back, but it all disappeared. Heck, I even got bit by an eel, and the bite disappeared the second I came back!"

>"Why were you getting bitten by eels?" says Tojiko.

>"I dug a small hole by a nearby weird-looking tree. Do you want to go see if that vanished too? It probably did, but it doesn't hurt to check."

>"We'll go have a look," says Tojiko, "But the way you're talking, I wouldn't hold my breath for finding anything."

>_

Kilgamayan

  • True
  • *
  • The Real Treasure Is You
  • Staff
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Nickname: Toyosatomimi no Miko
Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #438 on: October 17, 2018, 01:46:10 am »
> "I, uh, I grabbed an eel in the hopes it would shock me and wake me up from whatever was going. I think part of me was hoping you would try the same thing on me."
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"
  • Let's Play Super Marisa World

Hello Purvis

  • Acolyte
  • *
  • Hello Jerry
  • Staff
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Nickname: Purvis
Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #439 on: October 17, 2018, 03:03:05 am »
> "I, uh, I grabbed an eel in the hopes it would shock me and wake me up from whatever was going. I think part of me was hoping you would try the same thing on me."

>"I'm not even going to question that," says Tojiko, as you finally get through the canopy and land near her. "But, are you okay?"

>_

Kilgamayan

  • True
  • *
  • The Real Treasure Is You
  • Staff
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Nickname: Toyosatomimi no Miko
Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #440 on: October 17, 2018, 03:03:52 am »
> "As much as I can be, I think. Thanks."
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"
  • Let's Play Super Marisa World

Hello Purvis

  • Acolyte
  • *
  • Hello Jerry
  • Staff
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Nickname: Purvis
Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #441 on: October 17, 2018, 03:23:40 am »
> "As much as I can be, I think. Thanks."

>Tojiko nods. "Good. You look a bit rattled, but fine otherwise. Needed to be sure, though."

>_

Kilgamayan

  • True
  • *
  • The Real Treasure Is You
  • Staff
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Nickname: Toyosatomimi no Miko
Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #442 on: October 17, 2018, 03:35:27 am »
> "Of course. Let's go see if we can find that hole."
> Shove off toward where we dug that hole before.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"
  • Let's Play Super Marisa World

Hello Purvis

  • Acolyte
  • *
  • Hello Jerry
  • Staff
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Nickname: Purvis
Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #443 on: October 17, 2018, 08:48:55 pm »
> "Of course. Let's go see if we can find that hole."
> Shove off toward where we dug that hole before.

>Tojiko nods, and the two of you start to look around. It takes a couple minutes for you to find that Y-shaped tree, and there appears to be no holes near it.

>_

Kilgamayan

  • True
  • *
  • The Real Treasure Is You
  • Staff
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Nickname: Toyosatomimi no Miko
Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #444 on: October 17, 2018, 09:41:45 pm »
> Frown.
> "Nothing."
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"
  • Let's Play Super Marisa World

Hello Purvis

  • Acolyte
  • *
  • Hello Jerry
  • Staff
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Nickname: Purvis
Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #445 on: October 17, 2018, 10:22:10 pm »
> Frown.
> "Nothing."

>"Is that a bad thing, though?" says Tojiko.

>_

Kilgamayan

  • True
  • *
  • The Real Treasure Is You
  • Staff
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Nickname: Toyosatomimi no Miko
Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #446 on: October 17, 2018, 10:52:44 pm »
> "I'm...not sure yet."
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"
  • Let's Play Super Marisa World

Hello Purvis

  • Acolyte
  • *
  • Hello Jerry
  • Staff
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Nickname: Purvis
Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #447 on: October 18, 2018, 12:37:45 am »
> "I'm...not sure yet."

>She nods. "I can see feel that way. On one hand, it's all in your head and you're going crazy. On the other, something is happening and only you have seen it. I'm not sure which is better from your point of view."

>_

Kilgamayan

  • True
  • *
  • The Real Treasure Is You
  • Staff
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Nickname: Toyosatomimi no Miko
Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #448 on: October 18, 2018, 12:41:20 am »
> Nod.
> "Exactly."
> "...If it happens again, I may try to latch onto someone. Just in case."
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"
  • Let's Play Super Marisa World

Hello Purvis

  • Acolyte
  • *
  • Hello Jerry
  • Staff
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Nickname: Purvis
Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #449 on: October 18, 2018, 12:44:31 am »
> Nod.
> "Exactly."
> "...If it happens again, I may try to latch onto someone. Just in case."

>"Do not just hug me in public, please," says Tojiko, frowning. "Especially if you're trying to drag me into some waterlogged hell!"

>_
 

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Theme based on ModernDark64 design by BlocWeb
Page created in 0.053 seconds with 41 queries.