Topic: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 19455 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Hello Purvis

  • Acolyte
  • *
  • Hello Jerry
  • Staff
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Nickname: Purvis
Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #270 on: September 19, 2018, 07:07:49 pm »
>"I'm not really sure. One second I was in the temple, and the next, I wasn't. After I came back and found Byakuren, she observed my hair had a bit of extra curl like it had gotten wet, but somehow instantly dried... as though I'd really been underwater."
>Frown. "And though I'm a ghost, I can't phase through walls. The fact that I reappeared on the roof after swimming up in the water... it makes me wonder if someone witnessing it would just see me vanish into thin air and reappear shortly after."

>"That does sound like a sensible thing to think," Reimu says. "Mm. If that were true, you'd almost certainly be going somewhere else, but still inside the barrier. It really feels kind of like you're getting caught in dreams or something?"

>_

Serela

  • Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
  • LOOK AT ME
Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #271 on: September 20, 2018, 06:18:37 pm »
>"Hmm, I'll suggest it when I talk to some other people. Or see if I can find that Doremy Sweet. Any tips on where she'd be?"
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Hello Purvis

  • Acolyte
  • *
  • Hello Jerry
  • Staff
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Nickname: Purvis
Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #272 on: September 20, 2018, 07:30:02 pm »
>"Hmm, I'll suggest it when I talk to some other people. Or see if I can find that Doremy Sweet. Any tips on where she'd be?"

>"Doremy's hard to find if she doesn't want to be found," says Reimu. "But usually, she doesn't seem to care. So she could be anywhere. What I can say is she usually isn't much of a socialite, so she's probably not going to be somewhere crowded unless she has a good reason."

>_

Thata no Guykoro

  • I ran out of good lines a while ago
  • It alllll makes sense now
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Nickname: That Guy
Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #273 on: September 21, 2018, 05:32:21 am »
>"I'll need to do some looking around, then... I could probably visit a couple other people while looking for her too."
>Finish the tea.
>Could we go inside the shrine with Reimu's permission, or would being a ghost present a barrier to us?

Hello Purvis

  • Acolyte
  • *
  • Hello Jerry
  • Staff
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Nickname: Purvis
Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #274 on: September 21, 2018, 05:55:13 am »
>"I'll need to do some looking around, then... I could probably visit a couple other people while looking for her too."
>Finish the tea.
>Could we go inside the shrine with Reimu's permission, or would being a ghost present a barrier to us?

>You finish off the tea. "You might as well get more than one thing done at a time," says Reimu.
>You should be able to go inside. It will be a little uncomfortable, but nothing you can't handle.

>_

Thata no Guykoro

  • I ran out of good lines a while ago
  • It alllll makes sense now
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Nickname: That Guy
Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #275 on: September 21, 2018, 03:12:42 pm »
>"Can we walk inside the shrine together for a bit? I want to see if I can cause what happened in the temple to happen again here."

Hello Purvis

  • Acolyte
  • *
  • Hello Jerry
  • Staff
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Nickname: Purvis
Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #276 on: September 21, 2018, 06:01:37 pm »
>"Can we walk inside the shrine together for a bit? I want to see if I can cause what happened in the temple to happen again here."

>"...As long as you don't start any rumors about my housekeeping," Reimu says.

>_

Thata no Guykoro

  • I ran out of good lines a while ago
  • It alllll makes sense now
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Nickname: That Guy
Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #277 on: September 21, 2018, 06:31:18 pm »
>"Of course not."
>Walk through the shrine a couple times with Reimu in tow. Does our feeling change beyond inherent apprehension from our ghostliness? Do we suddenly end up underwater? Does anything out of the ordinary happen?

Hello Purvis

  • Acolyte
  • *
  • Hello Jerry
  • Staff
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Nickname: Purvis
Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #278 on: September 22, 2018, 01:54:06 am »
>"Of course not."
>Walk through the shrine a couple times with Reimu in tow. Does our feeling change beyond inherent apprehension from our ghostliness? Do we suddenly end up underwater? Does anything out of the ordinary happen?

>You walk through the shrine, Reimu following along. It is a small place, with just a main room, a small bedroom off to the north, and a small kitchen off to the south. There's a fair amount of mess, but you're certain it's due to how many occupants there are. As you walk around, Reimu collects some books, one on this table here, another on the edge of a basket there. One under a cricket cage.
>The whole experience is like walking through an abandoned building at night, but you don't feel anything unusual or strange about your nerves. You just had a normal walk through the shrine.

>_

Thata no Guykoro

  • I ran out of good lines a while ago
  • It alllll makes sense now
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Nickname: That Guy
Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #279 on: September 22, 2018, 02:51:18 am »
>"Well, it was worth a try at least. You have a pretty nice shrine."
>Take the books off Reimu's hands.
>"Any more, or shall I get going?"

Hello Purvis

  • Acolyte
  • *
  • Hello Jerry
  • Staff
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Nickname: Purvis
Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #280 on: September 22, 2018, 02:53:15 am »
>"Well, it was worth a try at least. You have a pretty nice shrine."
>Take the books off Reimu's hands.
>"Any more, or shall I get going?"

>You obtain: Stack of Rented Books.
>"That's all of them," Reimu says.

>_

Thata no Guykoro

  • I ran out of good lines a while ago
  • It alllll makes sense now
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Nickname: That Guy
Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #281 on: September 22, 2018, 05:01:01 am »
>"Alright, thank you very much!"
>Leave the shrine.
>What's closer to reach from here: the Human Village, Patchouli, or Eirin?

Hello Purvis

  • Acolyte
  • *
  • Hello Jerry
  • Staff
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Nickname: Purvis
Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #282 on: September 22, 2018, 05:51:17 am »
>"Alright, thank you very much!"
>Leave the shrine.
>What's closer to reach from here: the Human Village, Patchouli, or Eirin?

>"Thanks for saving me the trip!" Reimu alls as you depart. "Let me know if they have a new Agatha Chris Q in!"
>You leave the shrine. "Bye, Captain!" says the komainu by the gateway,
>The human village is closest. Scarlet Devil Mansion is some ways to the south; Eientei is further to the southwest, and involves not getting lost.

>_

Thata no Guykoro

  • I ran out of good lines a while ago
  • It alllll makes sense now
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Nickname: That Guy
Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #283 on: September 24, 2018, 01:28:59 am »
>Start with the human village and head in that direction. Keep an eye out for any Doremy Sweets.

Hello Purvis

  • Acolyte
  • *
  • Hello Jerry
  • Staff
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Nickname: Purvis
Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #284 on: September 24, 2018, 02:53:31 am »
>Start with the human village and head in that direction. Keep an eye out for any Doremy Sweets.

>You make your way back toward the human village. Along the way, all you see if the odd faerie playing in the forest, minding their own business. Leaving the forest behind, there are fields, and farmers working to tend to their autumn crops, and bring in the last of the summer harvest. Reaching the village, you've not seen anyone exception.

>_

Thata no Guykoro

  • I ran out of good lines a while ago
  • It alllll makes sense now
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Nickname: That Guy
Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #285 on: September 24, 2018, 03:11:31 pm »
>Head to Kosuzu's store.
>"I brought Reimu's books back!"

Hello Purvis

  • Acolyte
  • *
  • Hello Jerry
  • Staff
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Nickname: Purvis
Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #286 on: September 24, 2018, 07:08:38 pm »
>Head to Kosuzu's store.
>"I brought Reimu's books back!"

>You head toward the store, passing by a still-waiting Kogasa, Reaching the store, you find that Mamizou has moved on. and there are a few people browsing around. Most notably the head maid of Scarlet Devil Mansion and the Gatekeeper. The latter is carrying several baskets worth of groceries, but doesn't seem to mind as she browses along with the maid.
>"Oh, thank you very much!" says the shopkeeper, as you return the books to here. "Please enjoy your rental."

>_

Thata no Guykoro

  • I ran out of good lines a while ago
  • It alllll makes sense now
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Nickname: That Guy
Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #287 on: September 24, 2018, 10:17:11 pm »
>"You're very welcome. I'm sure it'll come in handy!"
>Do we know the head maid or gatekeeper well enough to approach them casually?

Hello Purvis

  • Acolyte
  • *
  • Hello Jerry
  • Staff
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Nickname: Purvis
Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #288 on: September 24, 2018, 11:14:36 pm »
>"You're very welcome. I'm sure it'll come in handy!"
>Do we know the head maid or gatekeeper well enough to approach them casually?

>You are on decent terms with the latter.

>_

Thata no Guykoro

  • I ran out of good lines a while ago
  • It alllll makes sense now
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Nickname: That Guy
Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #289 on: September 25, 2018, 12:45:50 am »
>Approach Meiling.
>"Hello. Pleasant day today, isn't it?"

Hello Purvis

  • Acolyte
  • *
  • Hello Jerry
  • Staff
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Nickname: Purvis
Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #290 on: September 25, 2018, 01:39:18 am »
>Approach Meiling.
>"Hello. Pleasant day today, isn't it?"

>"Oh, hey there, Captain," says Meiling. "Just out with the Chief Maid, getting groceries."
>Sakuya glances toward you as she looks over the shelves for a moment, nods politely, and goes back to looking.

>_

Thata no Guykoro

  • I ran out of good lines a while ago
  • It alllll makes sense now
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Nickname: That Guy
Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #291 on: September 25, 2018, 07:57:14 am »
>"I hope it's going well then. Although... could I trouble you for a bit?"
>"See, I need to do some research on ghosts. A couple things came up. Would it be okay if I visited the Great Library to see what books it has?"

Hello Purvis

  • Acolyte
  • *
  • Hello Jerry
  • Staff
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Nickname: Purvis
Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #292 on: September 25, 2018, 09:20:06 am »
>"I hope it's going well then. Although... could I trouble you for a bit?"
>"See, I need to do some research on ghosts. A couple things came up. Would it be okay if I visited the Great Library to see what books it has?"

>"Uh, hmm..." says the gatekeeper, before she looks to the maid in askance.
>"I suppose it will be fine in theory," the maid says, frowning. "But, Patchouli is in something of a foul mood today."

>_

Serela

  • Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
  • LOOK AT ME
Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #293 on: September 25, 2018, 01:40:22 pm »
>"Ah, I see. Do you think there's something I could do to help her mood in exchange for access?"
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Hello Purvis

  • Acolyte
  • *
  • Hello Jerry
  • Staff
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Nickname: Purvis
Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #294 on: September 25, 2018, 07:39:13 pm »
>"Ah, I see. Do you think there's something I could do to help her mood in exchange for access?"

>"I would recommend bribery," says the maid.

>_

Serela

  • Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
  • LOOK AT ME
Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #295 on: September 25, 2018, 10:03:24 pm »
>"Monks aren't known for their wealth, I'm afraid. Something other than money she'd be interested in?"
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Hello Purvis

  • Acolyte
  • *
  • Hello Jerry
  • Staff
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Nickname: Purvis
Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #296 on: September 26, 2018, 12:35:36 am »
>"Monks aren't known for their wealth, I'm afraid. Something other than money she'd be interested in?"

>"Books," the gatekeeper says immediately.
>"Unusual writings of any kind," the maid elaborates. "Magical trinkets might also work."
>"But her tastes are pretty weird," the gatekeeper says. "Oh! She likes really spicy sauces, too. She collects them."

>_

Thata no Guykoro

  • I ran out of good lines a while ago
  • It alllll makes sense now
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Nickname: That Guy
Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #297 on: September 28, 2018, 02:44:05 pm »
>Do we have any of those things back at our room at the temple?

Hello Purvis

  • Acolyte
  • *
  • Hello Jerry
  • Staff
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Nickname: Purvis
Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #298 on: September 28, 2018, 07:38:51 pm »
>Do we have any of those things back at our room at the temple?

>The closest thing you would have is a book on various ship styles around the mainland, and you both doubt that Patchouli would find this unusual and would prefer not to give it away.

>_

Stuffman

  • Spechul Membah
  • *
  • We're having a ball!
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Gender: man with a plan
Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #299 on: September 29, 2018, 12:58:48 am »
> Are we familiar with anyone able to provide dank sauces?
 

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Theme based on ModernDark64 design by BlocWeb
Page created in 0.043 seconds with 41 queries.