Topic: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 19482 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

the old guy

  • LOOK AT ME
  • Nickname: ganpapa
  • Gender: Male, boring i know.
Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #120 on: September 05, 2018, 08:19:36 am »
>Did Shou skin any tigers to make this place?
My old avatars: Old ass turtle, Unzan - Second and Current Avatar by the talented Aoshi-shi

Hello Purvis

  • Acolyte
  • *
  • Hello Jerry
  • Staff
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Nickname: Purvis
Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #121 on: September 05, 2018, 08:37:55 am »
>Did Shou skin any tigers to make this place?

>You doubt it, it's all just dye work.
>"All kidding aside," Rinnosuke says, "What can I help you with?"

>_

Neovereign

  • Greatest Fairy
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Nickname: Mini
  • Gender: Male
Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #122 on: September 06, 2018, 03:20:39 am »
> "You seen Mamizou around lately?"

Hello Purvis

  • Acolyte
  • *
  • Hello Jerry
  • Staff
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Nickname: Purvis
Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #123 on: September 06, 2018, 03:37:25 am »
> "You seen Mamizou around lately?"

>"We chatted earlier," says Rinnosuke. "I believe that she was going to bother people at the rental library."

>_

Neovereign

  • Greatest Fairy
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Nickname: Mini
  • Gender: Male
Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #124 on: September 06, 2018, 04:00:57 am »
> "Thanks. How's business been?"

Hello Purvis

  • Acolyte
  • *
  • Hello Jerry
  • Staff
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Nickname: Purvis
Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #125 on: September 06, 2018, 04:08:52 am »
> "Thanks. How's business been?"

>"Not bad," he says. "I managed to sell a blouse. It's...been awhile since I've been able to do something like that."

>_

Thata no Guykoro

  • I ran out of good lines a while ago
  • It alllll makes sense now
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Nickname: That Guy
Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #126 on: September 06, 2018, 05:44:49 am »
>"Well, as long as I'm here... could I buy some blue fabric? I might make a few tweaks to my outfit."

Hello Purvis

  • Acolyte
  • *
  • Hello Jerry
  • Staff
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Nickname: Purvis
Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #127 on: September 06, 2018, 06:10:54 am »
>"Well, as long as I'm here... could I buy some blue fabric? I might make a few tweaks to my outfit."

>"Certainly," he says. "It will be 4☼ per yard of silk."

>_

Neovereign

  • Greatest Fairy
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Nickname: Mini
  • Gender: Male
Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #128 on: September 06, 2018, 06:45:59 am »
> We've got no money right? Do we ever use any or work for any?

Hello Purvis

  • Acolyte
  • *
  • Hello Jerry
  • Staff
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Nickname: Purvis
Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #129 on: September 06, 2018, 07:37:07 am »
> We've got no money right? Do we ever use any or work for any?

>As a monk, you have no money.
>You are pretty sure you were paid when you were a sailor, at least. But you don't really need money these days, or when you do you ask if you can have some from the temple funds; since you tend to lead a frugal life. Or at least what you want, you can usually find.

>_

Thata no Guykoro

  • I ran out of good lines a while ago
  • It alllll makes sense now
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Nickname: That Guy
Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #130 on: September 06, 2018, 01:53:38 pm »
>"..."
>"Actually, I'll just come back later."
>Leave, feeling awkward.
>Time to forge a path to the rental library!

Hello Purvis

  • Acolyte
  • *
  • Hello Jerry
  • Staff
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Nickname: Purvis
Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #131 on: September 06, 2018, 06:45:27 pm »
>"..."
>"Actually, I'll just come back later."
>Leave, feeling awkward.
>Time to forge a path to the rental library!

>"Of course," he says. "Nothing to worry about."
>You slink out, having forgotten you had even checked your pockets only a little while ago!
>The library is just down the road a little ways. It is an unassuming place, hardly distinguishable from other homes or shop fronts, with only a sign above the door to distinguish it, and a little turnip silk-stained into the curtains covering the entrance. Heading inside, you can see the walls are filled with books, some of them loud and gaudy and clearly foreign in nature, others quick mundane-looking, as well as the odd scattered scroll. The store is currently empty, save for the clerk, a young red-haired woman wearing little bells around her ponytails, and Mamizou, wearing her favorite human disguise.  The latter doesn't notice you, as she finishes off some anecdote that leaves them both laughing. The former, however, watches you come in with interest.

>_

Thata no Guykoro

  • I ran out of good lines a while ago
  • It alllll makes sense now
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Nickname: That Guy
Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #132 on: September 06, 2018, 10:00:15 pm »
>Do we know if the clerk knows about Mamizou's true form?
>Does the clerk know us?

Hello Purvis

  • Acolyte
  • *
  • Hello Jerry
  • Staff
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Nickname: Purvis
Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #133 on: September 06, 2018, 10:08:06 pm »
>Do we know if the clerk knows about Mamizou's true form?
>Does the clerk know us?

>You aren't sure.
>You don't think so? The two of you haven't met, at least.

>_

Thata no Guykoro

  • I ran out of good lines a while ago
  • It alllll makes sense now
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Nickname: That Guy
Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #134 on: September 06, 2018, 10:32:15 pm »
>Walk up to the two of them and introduce ourselves to the clerk

Hello Purvis

  • Acolyte
  • *
  • Hello Jerry
  • Staff
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Nickname: Purvis
Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #135 on: September 06, 2018, 10:36:47 pm »
>Walk up to the two of them and introduce ourselves to the clerk

>You should introduce yourself!

>_

Thata no Guykoro

  • I ran out of good lines a while ago
  • It alllll makes sense now
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Nickname: That Guy
Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #136 on: September 07, 2018, 02:48:24 am »
>"Hello, I'm Minamitsu Murasa, from the Myouren Temple. It's nice to meet you! And you are?"
>Stick out our hand for a handshake. Hopefully it's not too clammy.

Hello Purvis

  • Acolyte
  • *
  • Hello Jerry
  • Staff
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Nickname: Purvis
Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #137 on: September 07, 2018, 02:55:18 am »
>"Hello, I'm Minamitsu Murasa, from the Myouren Temple. It's nice to meet you! And you are?"
>Stick out our hand for a handshake. Hopefully it's not too clammy.

>You go forward and introduce yourself boldly. The young woman's eyes widen a bit, but she doesn't seem particularly upset.
>"I-I'm Kosuzu Motoori. And, if you're from the Myouren Temple, that means you're a, you know...?"

>_

Thata no Guykoro

  • I ran out of good lines a while ago
  • It alllll makes sense now
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Nickname: That Guy
Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #138 on: September 07, 2018, 04:20:44 am »
>"A youkai? That's correct. I apologize if that's an awkward aspect."
>"As for you, miss, I believe we've met before?"
>Wink at Mamizou to indicate we're trying to avoid cover-blowing here.

the old guy

  • LOOK AT ME
  • Nickname: ganpapa
  • Gender: Male, boring i know.
Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #139 on: September 07, 2018, 04:34:26 am »
>"A youkai? That's correct. I apologize if that's an awkward aspect."
>Replace Youkai with "Non-Human", and add "I am a ghost" right after "correct".
(I'm pretty sure Ghosts and Youkai are different in Touhou.)
My old avatars: Old ass turtle, Unzan - Second and Current Avatar by the talented Aoshi-shi

Hello Purvis

  • Acolyte
  • *
  • Hello Jerry
  • Staff
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Nickname: Purvis
Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #140 on: September 07, 2018, 04:53:10 am »
>"A youkai? That's correct. I apologize if that's an awkward aspect."
>"As for you, miss, I believe we've met before?"
>Wink at Mamizou to indicate we're trying to avoid cover-blowing here.
>Replace Youkai with "Non-Human", and add "I am a ghost" right after "correct".
(I'm pretty sure Ghosts and Youkai are different in Touhou.)

>She nods. "No, no, it's okay! I know how it all works, see."
>"Oh, once or twice," Mamizou says, letting her pip dangle from her fingers. "Around the temple during functions."
>Kosuzu giggles. "So, what can I help you with? If there's a book you'd like, we'll rent it to you right away!"

>_

Kilgamayan

  • True
  • *
  • The Real Treasure Is You
  • Staff
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Nickname: Toyosatomimi no Miko
Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #141 on: September 08, 2018, 10:57:57 am »
> Does the wrong feeling seem better or worse now that we're in here?


[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"
  • Let's Play Super Marisa World

Hello Purvis

  • Acolyte
  • *
  • Hello Jerry
  • Staff
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Nickname: Purvis
Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #142 on: September 08, 2018, 02:44:16 pm »
> Does the wrong feeling seem better or worse now that we're in here?

>It has not changed.

>_

Thata no Guykoro

  • I ran out of good lines a while ago
  • It alllll makes sense now
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Nickname: That Guy
Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #143 on: September 08, 2018, 05:40:22 pm »
>"Do you have any books on ghosts and phantoms?"

Hello Purvis

  • Acolyte
  • *
  • Hello Jerry
  • Staff
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Nickname: Purvis
Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #144 on: September 08, 2018, 09:59:04 pm »
>"Do you have any books on ghosts and phantoms?"

>"Interesting request," says Mamizou.
>"In what sense?" Kosuzu says. "We have a folio or two with various kinds of ghosts written about in it."

>_

Serela

  • Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
  • LOOK AT ME
Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #145 on: September 08, 2018, 11:04:09 pm »
>"I've been having an unusual problem today... I was hoping I could find something written about it."
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Hello Purvis

  • Acolyte
  • *
  • Hello Jerry
  • Staff
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Nickname: Purvis
Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #146 on: September 08, 2018, 11:40:22 pm »
>"I've been having an unusual problem today... I was hoping I could find something written about it."

>"I don't know if we have anything that goes that into depth..." says Kosuzu. "They're more about ghosts in general?"
>"I hope you're not doing too poorly?" Mamizou says.

>_

Thata no Guykoro

  • I ran out of good lines a while ago
  • It alllll makes sense now
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Nickname: That Guy
Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #147 on: September 08, 2018, 11:56:24 pm »
>"It's been sort of a... weird feeling, all day. And a strange occurrence."
>Sum up the "teleported into underwater and then swam to the roof" scenario.
>"Anything like that?"

Hello Purvis

  • Acolyte
  • *
  • Hello Jerry
  • Staff
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Nickname: Purvis
Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #148 on: September 08, 2018, 11:59:37 pm »
>"It's been sort of a... weird feeling, all day. And a strange occurrence."
>Sum up the "teleported into underwater and then swam to the roof" scenario.
>"Anything like that?"

>Are you sure you want to be telling this rather personal story to just anyone, on the very off chance they'll have a book that deals with exactly that?

>_

Thata no Guykoro

  • I ran out of good lines a while ago
  • It alllll makes sense now
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Nickname: That Guy
Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #149 on: September 09, 2018, 12:12:07 am »
>Are you sure you want to be telling this rather personal story to just anyone, on the very off chance they'll have a book that deals with exactly that?

>_
>Fair point.
>"Well, they're still worth a look, I'd say. Could you please get them for me?"
>While Kosuzu goes to get the books, if she actually leaves the desk, then tell Mamizou alone about our feeling and our underwater occurance.
 

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Theme based on ModernDark64 design by BlocWeb
Page created in 0.047 seconds with 41 queries.