Topic: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 19326 times)

1 Member and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Hello Purvis

  • Acolyte
  • *
  • Hello Jerry
  • Staff
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Nickname: Purvis
Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #90 on: September 03, 2018, 04:17:14 am »
>"Not really... the feeling's still there, and I don't know why."
>Go over and greet Shou to see why she's considering the statue so much.

>"Mmm, that's not good," says Byakuren.
>You make your way over to Shou. "Heya," she says. "Think I got it now."

>_

Neovereign

  • Greatest Fairy
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Nickname: Mini
  • Gender: Male
Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #91 on: September 03, 2018, 08:32:41 am »
> "That's good, at least. You're not gonna move the others are you?"

Hello Purvis

  • Acolyte
  • *
  • Hello Jerry
  • Staff
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Nickname: Purvis
Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #92 on: September 03, 2018, 09:28:43 am »
> "That's good, at least. You're not gonna move the others are you?"

>"Nah," says Shou. "It was just getting this one to work with all the others, and the stuff behind it so it didn't look unbalanced.

>_

Kilgamayan

  • True
  • *
  • The Real Treasure Is You
  • Staff
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Nickname: Toyosatomimi no Miko
Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #93 on: September 03, 2018, 03:11:53 pm »
> Is that statue the one Mononobe kicked over?
> Are we normally capable of passing through walls?
> Has this sudden-drowning thing ever happened before?


[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"
  • Let's Play Super Marisa World

Hello Purvis

  • Acolyte
  • *
  • Hello Jerry
  • Staff
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Nickname: Purvis
Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #94 on: September 03, 2018, 07:06:15 pm »
> Is that statue the one Mononobe kicked over?
> Are we normally capable of passing through walls?
> Has this sudden-drowning thing ever happened before?

>It is a new one.
>You cannot normally walk through walls.
>No. Otherwise it would be a lot less weird! And even then, you weren't exactly drowning, just suddenly underwater.

>_

Thata no Guykoro

  • I ran out of good lines a while ago
  • It alllll makes sense now
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Nickname: That Guy
Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #95 on: September 03, 2018, 07:48:02 pm »
>Admire the statue to be polite.
>Ask Shou if she knows where the rest of the temple crew are besides us, Byakuren, and Kyouko. Maybe we can seek out Nue or Mamizou, they feel like they'd know stuff about this kind of thing.
Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #96 on: September 03, 2018, 07:50:36 pm »
>Do we nomally have duties around the temple?
>If we do: To Byakuren "Do you mind if I take some time off from my duties to work out what's going on?"

Hello Purvis

  • Acolyte
  • *
  • Hello Jerry
  • Staff
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Nickname: Purvis
Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #97 on: September 03, 2018, 08:12:31 pm »
>Admire the statue to be polite.
>Ask Shou if she knows where the rest of the temple crew are besides us, Byakuren, and Kyouko. Maybe we can seek out Nue or Mamizou, they feel like they'd know stuff about this kind of thing.

>Honestly, it is a nicely made statue. And maybe Shou was being a little fussy about it, but the positioning is very nice.
>"The others?" Shou says. "Well, Ichirin is watching over the clinic Underground, and I imagine Nue's probably down there at her bar. Mamizou is probably off smoozing in town somewhere. And Nazrin, well, I dunno. I guess she's off doing Nazrin things?"

>Do we nomally have duties around the temple?
>If we do: To Byakuren "Do you mind if I take some time off from my duties to work out what's going on?"

>You do, but they are mostly cleaning and sometimes cooking. Today's not your day for the latter, and there's not much to clean right now, so your day is your own.

>_

Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #98 on: September 03, 2018, 08:21:01 pm »
>To Byakuren, but not in a way that cuts out Shou in case she wants to add anything:
>"Can you think of anyone else that might have some idea about what's going on with me?"

Thata no Guykoro

  • I ran out of good lines a while ago
  • It alllll makes sense now
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Nickname: That Guy
Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #99 on: September 03, 2018, 09:17:03 pm »
>Is it viable for us to just go Underground if we'd like, or would we run into trouble?

Hello Purvis

  • Acolyte
  • *
  • Hello Jerry
  • Staff
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Nickname: Purvis
Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #100 on: September 03, 2018, 09:34:27 pm »
>To Byakuren, but not in a way that cuts out Shou in case she wants to add anything:
>"Can you think of anyone else that might have some idea about what's going on with me?"

>Byakuren purses her lips. "I suppose you could visit one of the other magicians, they might know something?"
>"It's just some nerves, right?" says Shou. "Maybe if you did something that takes a lot of effort you'd burn them off?"

>Is it viable for us to just go Underground if we'd like, or would we run into trouble?

>The path is not guaranteed to be safe, but you're used to it and can get through it alright, as long as you watch out for that bucket dropper.

>_

Mr. Sacchi

  • All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Nickname: Sacchi Hikaru
  • Gender: Male
Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #101 on: September 03, 2018, 10:50:53 pm »
> Since we came through the temple and took the same path both times, we have passed through Shou both times, correct?
> Are there any other exits to the temple we could have gone through?
> Did we notice if our shoes were still where we left them?

Hello Purvis

  • Acolyte
  • *
  • Hello Jerry
  • Staff
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Nickname: Purvis
Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #102 on: September 03, 2018, 11:03:36 pm »
> Since we came through the temple and took the same path both times, we have passed through Shou both times, correct?
> Are there any other exits to the temple we could have gone through?
> Did we notice if our shoes were still where we left them?

>You did not. Shou has been outside the whole time.
>There is a back door in the kitchen.
>Your shoes were where you left them. You changed into them out of your house shoes when you came out with Byakuren, like a civilized person.

>_

Thata no Guykoro

  • I ran out of good lines a while ago
  • It alllll makes sense now
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Nickname: That Guy
Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #103 on: September 04, 2018, 02:01:30 am »
>Quickly detour into the kitchen back door and make sure entering there doesn't suddenly dunk us underwater.
>If it doesn't, tell Byakuren we're planning on going underground to talk to Ichirin and Nue.

Hello Purvis

  • Acolyte
  • *
  • Hello Jerry
  • Staff
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Nickname: Purvis
Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #104 on: September 04, 2018, 02:11:29 am »
>Quickly detour into the kitchen back door and make sure entering there doesn't suddenly dunk us underwater.
>If it doesn't, tell Byakuren we're planning on going underground to talk to Ichirin and Nue.

>You make your way around the temple and enter from the back. You make your way through, passing through the kitchen and down the same halls, until you reach the front entrance again; you feel a bit bad for walking through with your shoes, but there's nothing for it. Emerging again, where Byakuren is patiently waiting, you find nothing unusual.
>You should dialogue!

>_

Thata no Guykoro

  • I ran out of good lines a while ago
  • It alllll makes sense now
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Nickname: That Guy
Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #105 on: September 04, 2018, 02:14:58 am »
>Oh, right.
>"Byakuren? I'm going underground. I want to talk to Nue and see if she knows anything about something like this. Should I take any messages for you to her or Ichirin?"

Hello Purvis

  • Acolyte
  • *
  • Hello Jerry
  • Staff
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Nickname: Purvis
Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #106 on: September 04, 2018, 02:31:21 am »
>Oh, right.
>"Byakuren? I'm going underground. I want to talk to Nue and see if she knows anything about something like this. Should I take any messages for you to her or Ichirin?"

>"Hm, let her know we're having her favorite this weekend," says Byakuren. "But I shouldn't need anything."
>"So what's going on here?" says Shou.

>_

Thata no Guykoro

  • I ran out of good lines a while ago
  • It alllll makes sense now
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Nickname: That Guy
Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #107 on: September 04, 2018, 03:06:38 am »
>"Well..."
>Explain the basics to Shou. The weird feeling we've had all day, and the mysterious case where we were underwater, and then on the roof.
>"...So now I want to talk to Nue and see if she knows anything. Of everyone in the temple, she'd probably have the best ideas about something like this."

Hello Purvis

  • Acolyte
  • *
  • Hello Jerry
  • Staff
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Nickname: Purvis
Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #108 on: September 04, 2018, 03:21:27 am »
>"Well..."
>Explain the basics to Shou. The weird feeling we've had all day, and the mysterious case where we were underwater, and then on the roof.
>"...So now I want to talk to Nue and see if she knows anything. Of everyone in the temple, she'd probably have the best ideas about something like this."

>You summarize things for Shou. She nods along, her eyes widening and making exclamations as you talk about your underwater experience. "Oh my, are you okay?" she says. "...Wait, why do you think Nue would know anything?"
>She did gallivant around that other world with Mamizou, that one time," Byakuren says.
>"But so did Mamizou," Shou says. "Mmm, I guess they're both good candidates?"

>_

Thata no Guykoro

  • I ran out of good lines a while ago
  • It alllll makes sense now
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Nickname: That Guy
Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #109 on: September 04, 2018, 03:25:23 am »
>"Pretty much. It's that, and she knows about making things appear differently. Maybe she'll have some idea of why everything felt different."
>"...You're right, though, Mamizou would also work. I'll definitely need to talk to the other one if the first doesn't have a clue. Do you think I should start with Mamizou, then?"

Hello Purvis

  • Acolyte
  • *
  • Hello Jerry
  • Staff
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Nickname: Purvis
Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #110 on: September 04, 2018, 04:05:14 am »
>"Pretty much. It's that, and she knows about making things appear differently. Maybe she'll have some idea of why everything felt different."
>"...You're right, though, Mamizou would also work. I'll definitely need to talk to the other one if the first doesn't have a clue. Do you think I should start with Mamizou, then?"

>"She's probably closer than underground, at least," says Shou. "She only really leaves town to go bother the Hakurei Shrine."

>_

Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #111 on: September 04, 2018, 05:56:22 am »
>Known ghost experts?
>Knowk boat experts?
>Known boat ghost experts?
>Known ghost boat experts? Wait maybe this one isn't such a good idea.

>What are Mamizou's favourite haunts in town?
>"Yeah I guess I'll try her first. Thanks for the help."
>Wave goodbye and head towards the human village.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2018, 05:58:08 am by Yaersulf »

Hello Purvis

  • Acolyte
  • *
  • Hello Jerry
  • Staff
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Nickname: Purvis
Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #112 on: September 04, 2018, 06:46:57 am »
>Known ghost experts?
>Knowk boat experts?
>Known boat ghost experts?
>Known ghost boat experts? Wait maybe this one isn't such a good idea.

>What are Mamizou's favourite haunts in town?
>"Yeah I guess I'll try her first. Thanks for the help."
>Wave goodbye and head towards the human village.

>You aren't sure who are the ghost experts. You'd think the Shrine Maiden would be, but you imagine she probably doesn't know a lot. Eirin...might be? But it is probably out of her realm of expertise. Patchouli might, or at least be able to look up most answers. The Netherworld Princess and her attendant certainly would be, but...no, you are not going there. You aren't even going that far north, let alone THERE.
>You are probably the only boat expert in Gensokyo. Though Futo might know a thing or three. Boy, you'd love to sink THAT boat...
>Probably the same as ghost experts, including yourself.
>The idea of a ghost boat is terrifying and you don't want to think about it anymore.
>Mamizou likes to make rounds around the market, the tavern, the tea house, just about any restaurant in town, and Suzunann.
>"No problem," says Shou. "Um, try not to push yourself too hard."
>"Good luck!" Byakuren says.
>You leave the Temple behind, heading toward the village. Do you have a goal in mind, or just searching as you enter?

>_

Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #113 on: September 04, 2018, 06:53:28 am »
>Wander in the general direction of Suzunaan,  looking for Mamizou, while keeping an eye out for anything interesting

Hello Purvis

  • Acolyte
  • *
  • Hello Jerry
  • Staff
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Nickname: Purvis
Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #114 on: September 04, 2018, 07:41:36 am »
>Wander in the general direction of Suzunaan,  looking for Mamizou, while keeping an eye out for anything interesting

>Suzunaan isn't too terribly far away. You head southward.
>The town quickly becomes dense and somewhat busy, as people bustle along the street between the stores here. Suzunaan is just to the east. You note that Shou's old clothing store is open; this place used to be your home before the temple was built, and a main source of funding. How curious, it's open! Near it is a lantern shop; you think you've heard it is being run by a woman named Sekibanki? You don't know the details. Further south, you can see the main intersection of town, where the school and the tavern lay. To the east are more stores, somewhat more offbeat ones such as a jewelry store and the Kirisame Charm Shop.

>_

Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #115 on: September 04, 2018, 07:51:51 am »
>Pop into Shou's shop to see what's up.

Hello Purvis

  • Acolyte
  • *
  • Hello Jerry
  • Staff
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Nickname: Purvis
Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #116 on: September 04, 2018, 09:43:15 am »
>Pop into Shou's shop to see what's up.

>You head into the store.
>Shou, being the one with money at the time, bought this place and decorated it to her liking. And her liking, as it turned out, is lots of tiger stripes. There are tiger striped rugs, tiger striped patterns on the paper screen walls, some bolts of tiger striped cloth for sale, and a rack of now deeply discounted clothes with tiger stripes; perhaps three have sold over the years? You tried to warn her, you really did. Much of the floor space is taken up by racks of clothing; some new, some second hand. More popular, however, as the bolts of cloth offered in a variety of colors along the walls. From what you can tell, the place does do a brisk business; you've not been directly involved in ages, to be honest. It's not that Shou doesn't trust you, it's that you're not someone to leave minding a shop...
>Sitting behind the counter is someone else that you didn't expect to see minding a shop anytime soon. You've grown used to Rinnosuke in the time he's spent at the temple, recovering from guilt over past misdeeds and bouts of deep depression. But given that minding a store lead to the former, you aren't sure if he should be here. Does Byakuren know? Does Shou?
>"Good morning, Captain," he says, his voice cheerful. "May I interest you in something new to wear?"

>_

Thata no Guykoro

  • I ran out of good lines a while ago
  • It alllll makes sense now
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Nickname: That Guy
Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #117 on: September 04, 2018, 01:55:36 pm »
>"...Maybe? Do you have any suggestions?"

Neovereign

  • Greatest Fairy
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Nickname: Mini
  • Gender: Male
Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #118 on: September 04, 2018, 04:38:53 pm »
> Opinion of the store and "Shou's liking". Is it a fair sight or a bit sore on the eyes or otherwise?

Hello Purvis

  • Acolyte
  • *
  • Hello Jerry
  • Staff
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Nickname: Purvis
Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #119 on: September 04, 2018, 06:14:44 pm »
>"...Maybe? Do you have any suggestions?"

>He chuckles. "Perhaps a bit of blue to go with the green?"

> Opinion of the store and "Shou's liking". Is it a fair sight or a bit sore on the eyes or otherwise?

>It's a bit much, honestly.

>_

 

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Theme based on ModernDark64 design by BlocWeb
Page created in 0.048 seconds with 41 queries.