Author Topic: Money is forever - Poverty Quest  (Read 177439 times)

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
Re: Money is forever - Poverty Quest
« Reply #60 on: August 28, 2018, 04:02:57 PM »
> We have to be careful that we don't run in to the sukeban again as they will attack us

Also I think it is a bad idea to stay at Nitori's, considering what we did, Sukeban likely knew Nitori (and can find out where her shop is) which will lead to us and she is likely more pissed with us than Nitori considering we interrupted her and took her cash but I don't know if Shion is smart enough to make this conclusion, let me know what you think Purvis

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #61 on: August 28, 2018, 06:56:55 PM »
Given we just humiliated and robbed one of their members, I think we're going to be in trouble no matter what unless we skip town. And that's assuming they're only localized in this town. It's going to be a point of pride that they rough us up, at least, until it becomes clear we're too much for them to handle. Sukeban problems were going to be inevitable the moment that punch got thrown unless we get some powerful friends.

>"So, if you're going to be letting me stay, maybe I can help out around here today? I can push a broom, at least."

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #62 on: August 28, 2018, 07:14:06 PM »
Yeah we can't face them until we become more powerful / learn some skills etc. I still kind of think we should head out immediately instead of waiting for the day.  At least they don't know our name (though Nitori does and they could find out from her)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #63 on: August 28, 2018, 07:40:05 PM »
While I'm not opposed to heading out, we don't especially have a reason to? That's one of the problems with being a drifter, you don't have reasons to do much of anything.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #64 on: August 28, 2018, 08:16:23 PM »
Being a drifter aren't we spontaneous since we have little to no planning in our lives?

Lt Colonel Summers

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Do not mess with a soldier
« Reply #65 on: August 29, 2018, 01:25:01 AM »
> We have to be careful that we don't run in to the sukeban again as they will attack us

Also I think it is a bad idea to stay at Nitori's, considering what we did, Sukeban likely knew Nitori (and can find out where her shop is) which will lead to us and she is likely more pissed with us than Nitori considering we interrupted her and took her cash but I don't know if Shion is smart enough to make this conclusion, let me know what you think Purvis

Given we just humiliated and robbed one of their members, I think we're going to be in trouble no matter what unless we skip town. And that's assuming they're only localized in this town. It's going to be a point of pride that they rough us up, at least, until it becomes clear we're too much for them to handle. Sukeban problems were going to be inevitable the moment that punch got thrown unless we get some powerful friends.

>"So, if you're going to be letting me stay, maybe I can help out around here today? I can push a broom, at least."

//Well, since the plot is going to revolve around the Sukeban anyway...

>"Oh, no, I wouldn't have you be my janitor. That'd be an insult to your impoverishment." Nitori says.
>"Though I do need a hand in my job..." She adds. "My shift starts in about 15 minutes. So why don't you take a rest until then, and decide if you want to help?"
There's nothing inscribed on the dog tag...

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #66 on: August 29, 2018, 03:04:33 AM »
>"Don't really know anything about mechanics, but sure. I'll do whatever you need."

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #67 on: August 29, 2018, 03:48:17 AM »
// Oi no spoilers please :)

> "What kind of cars will we be working on?"
> Speaking of cars, did we own a car in the past and do we know how to drive?

Lt Colonel Summers

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #68 on: August 29, 2018, 09:14:03 AM »
>"Don't really know anything about mechanics, but sure. I'll do whatever you need."

>"Thanks." Nitori says.

// Oi no spoilers please :)

> "What kind of cars will we be working on?"
> Speaking of cars, did we own a car in the past and do we know how to drive?

//I thought It was very obvious, but oh well. Noted.

>"Just the kind that the average people in Gensokyo owns..." Nitori tells you as she go fetch her toolbox.
>Nope. You just weren't old enough to legally own a driving license 10 years ago, so you never owned a car.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #69 on: August 29, 2018, 01:18:04 PM »
> "Nitori, you don't suppose you could teach me a few things about how cars work while we do repairs?"

Lt Colonel Summers

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #70 on: August 29, 2018, 01:34:05 PM »
> "Nitori, you don't suppose you could teach me a few things about how cars work while we do repairs?"

>Nitori seems totally surprised by what you just said.
>"You sure you want to skip the easy part and go straight to the hard part?" She asks you.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #71 on: August 29, 2018, 05:21:16 PM »
> "N-not really complex stuff like theories of how each part works but how to drive one"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #72 on: August 29, 2018, 07:20:50 PM »
I done screwed up. Should have done this awhile ago

>Skills

Lt Colonel Summers

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #73 on: August 30, 2018, 01:51:06 AM »
> "N-not really complex stuff like theories of how each part works but how to drive one"

>"Why would you want to drive one, though?" Nitori wonders. "You don't look like you have a driving license..."

I done screwed up. Should have done this awhile ago

>Skills

>Nope. Nada. Zilch. You don't have any special skills (unless you count begging as one).

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #74 on: August 30, 2018, 02:29:40 AM »
>"...It'd be nice."
>So we've learned nothing via hoboing it up, and knew nothing before falling on hard times?

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #75 on: August 30, 2018, 02:34:45 AM »
Well lets see if we can make driving our first skill, as that empty skills list is somewhat ... depressing (but on the other hand we get to pick our skills :) )
> "And I don't have a license, I wasn't old enough before Musoukyo's economic disaster but I'd like to learn"

Lt Colonel Summers

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #76 on: August 30, 2018, 02:38:21 PM »
>"...It'd be nice."
>So we've learned nothing via hoboing it up, and knew nothing before falling on hard times?

>Unfortunately, no. Your original life is so average you didn't really bother to take up any hobby (and now you kind of regret it).

Well lets see if we can make driving our first skill, as that empty skills list is somewhat ... depressing (but on the other hand we get to pick our skills :) )
> "And I don't have a license, I wasn't old enough before Musoukyo's economic disaster but I'd like to learn"

>You make a mental note to try to learn to drive a car.
>"Okay, I get it. But first, you need to know how each part of a car works." Nitori tells you.
>She looks at the clock on a wall.
>"Speaking of which, my shift starts in about 5 minutes. Maybe I can teach you the basics while you help me out with the repairs and stuff. Is that okay?"

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #77 on: August 30, 2018, 02:55:47 PM »
// Is there a objective/goal/quest system in this quest, is that what mental notes are?
> "Yes that'd be great!"

Lt Colonel Summers

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #78 on: August 31, 2018, 02:24:05 AM »
// Is there a objective/goal/quest system in this quest, is that what mental notes are?
> "Yes that'd be great!"

//Mental notes in this CYOA are just that, mental notes. No quest systems here, only the main storyline.

>"Happy to oblige." Nitori says as she gives you a thumbs up.

//Commence timeskip?

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #79 on: August 31, 2018, 05:26:22 AM »
// Purvis timeskip what do you think?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #80 on: August 31, 2018, 05:30:05 AM »
//Timeskip!

Lt Colonel Summers

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #81 on: August 31, 2018, 01:36:49 PM »
// Purvis timeskip what do you think?

//Timeskip!

//Since it'd be boring to have to sit through every single repairs that will be going on in the day, that means we'll be skipping through most of the day.

*Girls are repairing cars*

x-x-x

>Okay, so it turns out that being a car mechanic in Gensokyo is not a very nice choice of career. But not because of the tedious and tiring works...
>Rather, most of the cars that came in needing repairs are a result of the drivers doing things that violates common sense (such as intentionally grazing another car as it passes by), and sometimes the damages are too severe to be fixed up, or is just something a regular motorist is unlikely to encounter. And then there's the drivers being very demanding of how this and that part of the car should look like after it is repaired...

>"Sorry that I forgot to tell you, but Gensokyo's idea of common sense differs from the rest of the world..." Nitori apologizes to you as she wipes sweat off her forehead, after having just repaired another car (and giving it back to its owner).

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #82 on: August 31, 2018, 02:40:56 PM »
> I hope they got graze points
> Was the job messy?
> Do we have any better idea on how to drive a car now?

AzyWng

• "I was a dumb American in a place where dumb Americans were less popular than the clap."
  • "So this was it. My easy retirement."
« Reply #83 on: August 31, 2018, 03:11:01 PM »
>How much time has passed?
>What time is it right now?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #84 on: August 31, 2018, 06:19:39 PM »
>"I've watched traffic before. Someday they're going to make dash cams mandatory."

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #85 on: August 31, 2018, 06:55:22 PM »
// Do we even know what a dash cam is?
// Think of something like license points but you get them by grazing and danmakuing traffic and driving in the POC/other lane xD

Lt Colonel Summers

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #86 on: September 01, 2018, 03:46:44 AM »
> I hope they got graze points
> Was the job messy?
> Do we have any better idea on how to drive a car now?

>No, they lose points instead.
>With all the grime, oil slick and stuff you (and Nitori) have to touch while working? You can say it is very messy.
>Since none of the repairs so far required looking at the dashboard or steering wheel, nope. However, you do learn that there is more to starting the engine than just turning the keys in the ignition.

>How much time has passed?
>What time is it right now?

>You kind of lost track of the time, so you look at the clock in the garage.
>It is now 4:50 PM (6 hours since starting the day's shift), about 10 minutes until Nitori closes up shop.

>"I've watched traffic before. Someday they're going to make dash cams mandatory."

>"'Someday' being 'not anytime soon'..." Nitori says. "Sometimes I wonder if people bought their driving licenses instead of legitimately earning them..."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #87 on: September 01, 2018, 04:48:13 AM »
>Let's clean up and help Nitori close up.
>"I guess that's why you don't drive. So, are the buses any safer?"

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #88 on: September 01, 2018, 05:12:32 AM »
// Guess we can't learn our first skill just yet, lets think of some other skills we want to learn
> "Oh, do you have any old tools you don't need anymore?  You never know when stuff like a screwdriver may come in handy"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #89 on: September 01, 2018, 05:50:38 AM »
I imagine learning skills to the point that Summers considers them skills may be outside the time scope of this RP. Otherwise Shion would have learned a few just from being homeless and not dying from it.