Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 - 18F  (Read 256860 times)

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 - 18F
« Reply #630 on: September 02, 2019, 01:48:00 PM »
As part of the recent plus disk run I've decided to slap in all of the Plus Disk characters that otherwise don't fit in with another synergy, so everyone but Shou and Koishi (ironically, also  the worst of the Plus Disk characters). I uh, happened to find a very early Tokugawa Statue on 11F of the Infinity Corridor, so that's been permanently grafted to Miko. +24 MP/TP and +2.4 to all base stats is... extremely scary.

Otherwise, party for the Plus Disk is currently as follows:

Kogasa, Reisen, Kasen, Yuugi, Minoriko, Sanae (to be replaced by Akyuu after 26F), Iku, Futo, Miko, Mamizou, Kokoro, Tokiko

Kogasa's MVP as always, Yuugi is still absurd and I've decided to give her Murakumo (I was considering Kogasa but Kogasa wants to be using her own spells for her awakening bonuses, plus Sheer Force means that she doesn't really need to care about resistances as much), Miko is currently insane and I haven't even given her her awakening yet, Reisen is still debuffer extreme, Minoriko and Sanae's support has been invaluable, Iku's defense piercing has been really helpful in the original post game, and I'm still trying to find some use from the other Plus disk characters, but I'll find it.

Also, the fight vs. Shadow Renko and Maribel was hilarious, and ended up with Minoriko, alone, slowly plinking down Maribel because oops her Mind is so high even without putting any level bonuses into it that she was functionally immortal against Maribel's attacks.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2019, 01:55:09 PM by Validon98 »
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

ZoomyTsugumi

• zoom zoom
« Reply #631 on: September 02, 2019, 02:42:46 PM »
Finally made it through Futo, a Yuugi with KOi3S + Herb of Awakening + Mari's DIY boost can hit like a freaking truck. I nailed at least one 3 mil hit on Futo, and several 2 mils, lol.

« Reply #632 on: September 02, 2019, 03:26:02 PM »
Finally made it through Futo, a Yuugi with KOi3S + Herb of Awakening + Mari's DIY boost can hit like a freaking truck. I nailed at least one 3 mil hit on Futo, and several 2 mils, lol.
Just FYI, boost effects like Herb of Awakening, Maribel's DIY, Akyuu's Miare's Great Knowledge and Grand/Super Incantation don't stack with each other, the most recent one overwrittes any previous boosts.

« Reply #633 on: September 10, 2019, 09:29:28 PM »
So when I start up the game, it opens in a window and crashes after a few seconds of black screen, anyone know what's causing this? :'(

Edit: Nevermind, I'm an idiot who forgot to change my computer region settings to japanese, it works like a charm now!
« Last Edit: September 13, 2019, 08:42:55 AM by Slayernice »

Otaku

• Like the wiiiiind!
« Reply #634 on: September 19, 2019, 10:40:45 AM »
How do I reach 28F and B11F?
I took out the Hollow Yamata-no-Orochi, but nothing seems to have happened

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #635 on: September 19, 2019, 08:19:14 PM »
Taking out the Hollow Yamata-no-Orochi is how you unlock the path to 28F. The rock in front of the stairs up should be cleared.
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

ZoomyTsugumi

• zoom zoom
« Reply #636 on: October 02, 2019, 03:50:09 AM »
I seem to be missing 2 shadow fragments so I can't seem to make my way to 25F yet. I'm 99% sure I've done every shadow boss battle listed on the wiki in the basement floors (up to B7F), what am I missing?

EDIT: Nvm, there's a battle on B7F not yet mentioned on the wiki with the SDM crew.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2019, 03:56:17 AM by ZoomyTsugumi »

ZoomyTsugumi

• zoom zoom
« Reply #637 on: October 09, 2019, 04:00:38 AM »
How do i reach the circled area on B9F? I know it has a pit nearby but I seem to have explored all of B8F already and B10F is blocked by killing the big bad of 27F? Which I can't reach without 56 fragments (only have 52 and I know there's 2 more waiting with Shadow Rei/Mari)?
[attach=1]

Other than that, I mean the Plus disk has been reasonably enjoyable. Level progression still is very thrown out of the window and balance still feels out of wack like nobody's business. Not sure if I'm just overlevelled upon reaching half of the things but then I say that and get obliterated by random mobs the next floor up or down, so it's very weird.
Byakuren is a legitimate lifesaver and has soloed 2 entire Plus bosses by now thanks to the fact that she is nigh-unkillable and can manage some damage against most bosses. Yuugi is also a huuuuuuge powerhouse and has basically been the one to be killing all bosses doing like 3mil per KoI3S on average, sometimes going as high as 7mil when hitting weaknesses. Everyone else has minor situational use on bosses but otherwise is expendable there, and can have decent mob killing potential.

« Reply #638 on: October 09, 2019, 04:59:18 AM »
Should be from B8f, the top right corner.

https://i.imgur.com/gJJcDvO.png

ZoomyTsugumi

• zoom zoom
« Reply #639 on: October 09, 2019, 05:29:20 AM »
Ah thank you so much, yeah I forgot about that because I did remember going up there but must've forgotten that I went up when I didn't have enough dark fragments. Thank you :)

ZoomyTsugumi

• zoom zoom
« Reply #640 on: October 24, 2019, 04:29:19 AM »
Well I'm currently undertaking the big grindwall, nearing average level 850. Got a good front line for B11F grinding at least.

So 2 main questions I guess, firstly, how do I remove the red rocks on B11F and 30F?

Secondly, I'm interested in opinions for who are good endgame party members, the people I definitely don't want to replace right now are Yuugi, Meiling, Reimu, Iku and probably Yuyuko too (all awakened), I've invested a lot into Byakuren but at this point I could be okay with cutting her off. I've also awakened Remilia, Reisen, Yuuka and Kanako since they were in my party too.
I'm not fully sure who is going to come out on top after the inflation starts to set in but I know that some of the party members I have now won't scale super well soon enough. So I'm keen to hear opinions?
« Last Edit: October 24, 2019, 04:53:16 AM by ZoomyTsugumi »

« Reply #641 on: October 24, 2019, 06:43:53 AM »
I think the condition for the B11f rock is to beat all of the 29f bosses,
Spoiler:
***WINNER***
, and the 250f Infinite Corridor boss. The condition for the 30f rock is to hit a switch at the very end of B11f. If you're curious, there is
Spoiler:
no
boss in B11f.

« Reply #642 on: October 24, 2019, 06:03:23 PM »
Secondly, I'm interested in opinions for who are good endgame party members, the people I definitely don't want to replace right now are Yuugi, Meiling, Reimu, Iku and probably Yuyuko too (all awakened), I've invested a lot into Byakuren but at this point I could be okay with cutting her off. I've also awakened Remilia, Reisen, Yuuka and Kanako since they were in my party too.
I'm not fully sure who is going to come out on top after the inflation starts to set in but I know that some of the party members I have now won't scale super well soon enough. So I'm keen to hear opinions?
From those characters, the ones that aren't that good are Remilia, Byakuren and Yuuka, they just lose a lot of her appeal once their high base stats stop being that relevant, and self-buffs are also not as important when you have enough MP to have your buffers spam their buffs. Yuyuko could be better, but with the recent buffs I'd say she's at least alright. Good endgame damage dealers include Nitori, Utsuho or Suika, some other chars can also deal great damage but might require a bit more setup (like Kogasa or Kasen); for tanks Renko is really good due to Maintenance and even more so if you use Maribel too, and Mokou is generally pretty reliable though she lacks a bit of support. Akyuu is a fantastic support character due to her damage buff, and Sanae is a good option due to her buffs/heals and MP regen. Eirin is really busted in Plus with her overheals too. Just a bunch of suggestions off the top of my head.

« Reply #643 on: November 06, 2019, 04:11:47 AM »
decided to get back to this game, made a cheat engine table to disable attack animations and also the transition animation to get into battles faster (the latter also disables the battle music, I won't try to fix it as I play without music anyway).

I'd upload the .exe so cheat engine isn't required, but I made some other changes to my .exe as well so meh.
Might consider putting the disabled animations into the .exe and upload it, if theres any interest for it in the first place

https://a.uguu.se/R7Oh6xNpcrMo_THLabyrinth2Plus_out.CT

« Reply #644 on: November 08, 2019, 01:00:47 AM »
I still cant beat living god ame no murakumo,his stupid arms regenerate too fast and even when they are out of the picture he can counter my hits and snipe flandre dead  :V

maybe i should built my party from the ground up again,feels like only four or five are doing all the heavy lifting

ZoomyTsugumi

• zoom zoom
« Reply #645 on: November 08, 2019, 04:43:11 AM »
maybe i should built my party from the ground up again,feels like only four or five are doing all the heavy lifting
I mean, this is pretty much how I've done all of Plus, it's definitely possible, albeit feeling cheesy.

« Reply #646 on: November 08, 2019, 07:20:11 AM »
I still cant beat living god ame no murakumo,his stupid arms regenerate too fast and even when they are out of the picture he can counter my hits and snipe flandre dead  :V

Each time one of the arms gets taken out, it takes an additional turn to regenerate. While an arm is down, the counterattack is weakened and there's a chance it won't counter (I think it's something like a 50-75% rate of countering with one arm). If you get both arms down, then it becomes a basic single-target counterattack and the odds are further reduced. Basic strategy I found to work best is to just focus on the Right Arm since it has max HP depleting attacks, and whenever you attack Murakumo directly, make sure that your party can survive the counterattack. It's a slow and methodical fight, took me 25 minutes on my successful run of it. But it shouldn't be too difficult for Flandre to survive it if you bump her SPI affinity to 400+ via equipment and set her up to be a bulky attacker, since HP and affinity matter a lot more than DEF/MND in Plus Disk, and Flandre has pretty solid HP. The fight definitely favors bulky attacking builds since you're constantly eating counterattacks, gotta be able to tank them and heal up.

Turn counting is a pretty big part of the fight too. Murakumo follows a 9 turn script (revives do not add to its turn count), and every 6th turn it is guaranteed to use Yakumo's Futsu no Mitami no Tsurugi on the leftmost slot of your party. IIRC it's 1% HP regen for every 1 MP it drains, so you're looking at a potential 30% or more regeneration if you don't ensure that the character in that slot at the time of the attack has low MP. Because of that, you're best off ignoring Murakumo at the start of the fight until after it uses that attack, and instead focus on defeating the Right Arm as many times as you can to create bigger attack windows later into the fight. This is what I determined the AI to look like.

Did some more runs on 30f
Spoiler:
Murakumo
to study its AI. This is what I've determined.

Spoiler:
Living God: Ama no Murakumo no Tsurugi
Random Actions: Magic Drain, Destroy Magic, Spirit Drain (halve TP), Destroy Spirit (TP to 0), Black Universe, Time-Space Warp, Golden Protection, World-Shaking Military Rule, Oracle of Sacred Mirror Dedication, Oracle of Eternal Heaven and Earth
Oracle of Eternal Heaven and Earth appears to be used more frequently when there are more debuffs present, which is how it worked in the 20 enhanced Murakumo fight, but it can be used when there are no debuffs present. Similarly, Oracle of Sacred Mirror Dedication can be used when Murakumo is at full health.

Turn 1: Random
Turn 2: Random
Turn 3: Godly Scarlet Gold Slash
Turn 4: Random
Turn 5: Random
Turn 6: Yakumo's Futsu no Mitami no Tsurugi
Turn 7: Random
Turn 8: Random
Turn 9: Great Destruction
Repeat Turn 1-8
Turn 9: Great Catastrophe
Repeat Turn 1-8
Turn 9: Great Despair (Frontline TP to 0)
Repeat (I haven't gone any further so I can't confirm if it does repeat or not)

Reviving Arms does not advance this pattern.

Living God's Right Arm:
Random Actions: Dividing Slash, Instant Death Attack

Turn 2: Greatsword of Calamity
Turn 3: Random
Turn 4: Greatsword of Calamity
Turn 6: Scythe of Calamity
Turn 8: True Greatsword of Calamity
Turn 9: Random
Turn 10: World-Shaking Military Rule
Turn 11: Ama no Murakumo no Tsurugi's Wild Dance
Repeat

Living God's Left Arm
Random Actions: Red Curse, Blue Curse, Purple Curse, Green Curse, Yellow Curse

Turn 2: Storm of Light Particles
Turn 3: Random
Turn 4: Storm of Light Particles
Turn 6: Great Tree that Descended from the Sky
Turn 8: Shining Arrows from the Sky
Turn 9: Random
Turn 10: Magical Blast
Turn 11: MAG Up
Turn 12: Random
Repeat

When the Arms are defeated and revived, their AI pattern resets to the beginning.

Keep the Right Arm down, prepare to tank the counterattacks and heal the damage off quickly, and keep track of where Murakumo and the Left Arm are at in their AI scripts to avoid getting into bad situations where you're eating a counter + a heavy attack from the Left Arm, and you should be good to go. Pay extra attention to when Murakumo is about to use Yakumo's Futsu no Mitami no Tsurugi or Great Destruction/Catastrophe. You especially don't want to see Great Destruction followed by an action from the Left Arm, since every action it takes besides MAG Up  hits the whole frontline, so you can see an instant wipe if the timing is bad. The Left Arm is susceptible to PAR, which can help avoid these troublesome scenarios.

« Reply #647 on: November 08, 2019, 02:42:36 PM »
I will try this tactic sometime soon,the grinding has been nothing but mind numbing at this point just having 3 monk frontliners almost one shotting B11F mobs

many thanks

EDIT:looking back at LoT1 i believe there was a patch after 3.01? i recall it fixed meiling iron mountain effects and some other things,did that really existed or i am going crazy?
« Last Edit: November 09, 2019, 04:18:27 PM by DarkAtma »

« Reply #648 on: November 10, 2019, 04:23:38 PM »
EDIT:looking back at LoT1 i believe there was a patch after 3.01? i recall it fixed meiling iron mountain effects and some other things,did that really existed or i am going crazy?

I don't think there was ever an official patch, but I did release a new translation patch that re-added the missing effects. Meiling's spell graphic was one (and I think it was also used in another character spell but I can't remember which) and I think also a graphic for one of Youmu's spells.

It also fixed the level goddess calling Rinnosuke a Lady. There may have been other changes but I can't remember what.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #649 on: November 10, 2019, 05:31:43 PM »
Meiling's spell graphic was one (and I think it was also used in another character spell but I can't remember which)
Mountain Breaker, Miracle Fruits, and maybe Virtue of Wind God? And then the other was Youmu's Slash of Eternity.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Otaku

• Like the wiiiiind!
« Reply #650 on: November 17, 2019, 03:15:33 PM »
Phew, finally managed to work my way down to floor 100 and awaken both Flandre and Nitori on my way.
Next up is taking down the Dragon God and making progress with the main floors!

« Reply #651 on: November 27, 2019, 05:38:26 PM »
Anyone know where I can find translation patches and character models? I've just defeated dragon god, though his model was missing. Any dialogue before the fight was missing as well. Some other models were missing as well, such as hollow orochi's and massive kedama's. Some of the sounds are missing too, but I don't really mind that too much.

« Reply #652 on: November 28, 2019, 02:31:21 AM »
Anyone know where I can find translation patches and character models? I've just defeated dragon god, though his model was missing. Any dialogue before the fight was missing as well. Some other models were missing as well, such as hollow orochi's and massive kedama's. Some of the sounds are missing too, but I don't really mind that too much.

That sounds like you didn't download the official Japanese patch from 3peso's website before applying the English translation.

Try downloading the file from here: https://n-e-studio.com/
either the Axfc Uploader or Filestorage link on the main page. Then re-apply the English patch.

I'm not sure if that'll fix missing dialog. It certainly won't be in English; the translation isn't complete.

« Reply #653 on: November 28, 2019, 03:14:46 PM »
Thank you!

« Reply #654 on: January 16, 2020, 11:44:47 PM »
3peso posted a screenshot of a skill tree earlier this month. Seems like he's working on the new LoT?

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #655 on: January 17, 2020, 12:30:16 AM »
Oh woah, that... actually does look like a new LoT?
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Xarizzar

• RPG fan
« Reply #656 on: January 17, 2020, 12:33:28 AM »
I was under the impression that it was a special disk, similar to that of the first game, but somebody corrected me by posting a Tweet of 3peso's in which he was answering to someone, saying it's a new game.

Gesh86

• Buddha may forgive you...
  • but Byakuren won't!
« Reply #657 on: January 17, 2020, 12:06:55 PM »
Nice! I wonder if 3peso will utilize the possibility of bringing it to Steam. I'm sure it would sell impressively.

Character artwork looks like the LoT2 artist was kept on board, which I strongly approve of.

I was under the impression that it was a special disk, similar to that of the first game, but somebody corrected me by posting a Tweet of 3peso's in which he was answering to someone, saying it's a new game.

General look is indeed so similar that one could first mistake for another expansion.

« Reply #658 on: January 17, 2020, 08:59:48 PM »
Nice. The skill shown in the image grants a temporary HP regen effect to Reimu's Great Hakurei Barrier, looks like there's going to be even more character customization and effects than before. The skill tree is labeled "Personal/Inherent Skill Tree" so there'll probably be subclasses with their own skill trees again.

Otaku

• Like the wiiiiind!
« Reply #659 on: January 18, 2020, 12:11:35 AM »
I quite like where this is going.