Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 - 18F  (Read 34090 times)

Marbychu

• Nickname: Marby
Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 - 18F
« Reply #600 on: April 05, 2019, 08:42:02 pm »
Our resident crazy guy Elminster of the 255 winner kills made an LoT2 damage comparison chart to use! Although you should keep in mind it's scaled for like, lv8000, so it's mostly true at like 30F lv1k+ territory. Gives a decent idea overall though and is really useful for those lategame minmax players. (Maintenance users are vastly more powerful at all the other parts of the game than this, keep in mind)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/136YnIQU9MF1YbDd8CsFxAs4M0WQ4BzA6gHcJKmCFJGY/edit#gid=1752125517

All characters have the same monetary value of library investment, he didn't use any non-global EXP boosters so they levelled equally, they're all maxed on gems/jewels/high boosts/skill levels, etc. Family skills and other conditionals with numbers listed in brackets. There's probably a few more characters that could be colored green (for "conditional but huge damage boost that isn't in the calculation") but overall it's pretty well made and informative. MFW when Renko does more damage than Shikieiki even after maintenance loses almost all value for atk/mag boosting.

It's asking me to request permission to view, you might wanna double check to make sure you're sharing the link that lets people view it but not edit it, instead of the link that lets people edit it.

I don't know if that's actually the problem, but I work with Google Drive all the time and that link looks slightly different at the end than some of my links (mine tend to not have that "gid" thing and instead have "sharing" at the end)

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
  • LOOK AT ME
« Reply #601 on: April 05, 2019, 09:14:42 pm »
whoops fixed

I didn't even make this sheet or  upload it or anything but I guess google's stuff works really weird.

edit:I updated the sheet with some more moves, updated damage formulas, and a list of the proportionate defense factor for every move (dang, Knockout pierces nearly as much defense as the likes of Kaguya/Iku/Utsuho).
« Last Edit: April 15, 2019, 03:39:37 am by Serela »
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

ZoomyTsugumi

• zoom zoom
  • Nickname: tsugumi
« Reply #602 on: May 16, 2019, 06:45:59 am »
Playing LoT1 again and back nearing the end of the Plus Disk floors, but I'm annoyed because for some reason not all the stars are obtained? I've got Game Cleared, 32 Allies Joined, 100 Items Collected, Blood Seals Purified, Enhanced Bosses Clear. I've done every Ver2 boss, including the boss rush and I beat Maribel version 2 also, and redoing Maribel (either version) nor resetting the game seem to fix the problem. At this rate I have to resort to using that 1 frame teleport glitch just to get through the area. Not sure what to do

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm actually blind and missed a Version 2 boss on a lower floor oof.
Consider this post a reminder that LoT1 is great though
« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 07:04:06 am by ZoomyTsugumi »

athanasianGainsay

• Nickname: nenrz
« Reply #603 on: May 20, 2019, 06:29:58 am »
I've got a favor to ask. Back in 2014ish, I made a Charagraph pack for Laby 1 using the art from Laby 2. I've since lost that pack through multiple computer transitions and wanted to remake it now, but I no longer have the ripped character art *with transparency*. Does anyone have a copy of the transparent art they could share?

Xarizzar

• RPG fan
« Reply #604 on: May 20, 2019, 06:35:32 am »
I don't think so. Most of them are from before LoT2 was even released, though I might be wrong. I suppose I could check it out.

EDIT: I found it, from here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/5pnxoh24gv504rb/LoT2+CharaGraph+for+LoT1.rar

Also found this from here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/t1v567p5sced1zl/Labyrinth+of+Touhou+Special+Disk+English+Patch+1.1.rar
Does this work for you? I still hope that somebody puts these in the first post...

athanasianGainsay

• Nickname: nenrz
« Reply #605 on: May 20, 2019, 07:56:44 am »
You. Are. Magnificent. The transparency on Rumia, Youmu, etc. is intact. Thank you for taking the time to find this.

I remember cropping my own charagraph differently, so if anyone else has the unmodified images from LoT2 (the original raws back a few layers of quotes are a dead link), I'd still love those as well. I'll still be on the hunt and I guess I'll share them here if I find them.

EDIT: I gave up searching for the images online and read the thread backlog around Xarrizar's quote. Turned out that just extracting the images was extremely simple (don't ask me how to put them back). For anyone who feels like defacing innocent touhous, here's a new link for the transparent raws: https://mega.nz/#F!Y8BR2CIa!4trCakQsMy8DVwo96AoRUA Sorry if this is redundant and a replacement for the old link already exists.
For the curious or ambitious (or just in case I'm missing something in the link above), I just used this tool: http://himeworks.com/tools/dxextract/ to extract the img.dxa files in the game directory.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2019, 08:48:44 am by athanasianGainsay »

SupremeVictory

• Neophyte
  • Nickname: Supreme
« Reply #606 on: June 02, 2019, 03:45:36 am »
Couple of questions.  I played this game several years ago before my PC went down and started a new game.  I was on floor 8th if I recall.

1.  Should hard mode be played as a NG+ or is it ok to play it from scratch?

2.  Does the cheat engine table for the plus disk?  If so, how to apply values for it.  The table loads, but nothing works. 

Thanks in advance.

qazmlpok

• Nickname: Bane
« Reply #607 on: June 10, 2019, 05:07:38 pm »
Couple of questions.  I played this game several years ago before my PC went down and started a new game.  I was on floor 8th if I recall.

2.  Does the cheat engine table for the plus disk?  If so, how to apply values for it.  The table loads, but nothing works. 

Thanks in advance.

Hard mode is perfectly doable in NG.

xor

• Neophyte
« Reply #608 on: June 18, 2019, 09:49:25 am »

Thanks in advance.
It *is* for the plus disk - it's just that I've found it goddamn impossible to find any pointers that work consistently across different operating systems. TLDR in programmer parlance: it works for me!  :smug:

I've dumped terabytes of automated scans, faffed about in half a dozen virtual machines and even tried stepping through the game in a debugger (something I'm terrible at because I have next to no experience coding at the bare metal in C and assembly language). It has been an absolute sod and refused to give me anything that works across multiple OSes; the pointers I've found also sometimes don't work because a butterfly flapped it's wings the wrong way. Yay memory allocation!  :derp:

Real life has had some stuff happening so I've pretty much had to abandon finishing this, I'm afraid. I've uploaded another cheat table that's removed all the pointers; you can use it with a little self-assembly. If anyone who's actually good at cheat table/using a debugger feels like fixing this table then be my guest.

Self-assembly instructions:
  • Game Data needs the memory location of where the game stores money - it's an 8 byte integer and stupid easy to find
  • Character slots need the address of a character's full name. Unsurprisingly, the value type is string. There's always one instance of this in memory except for character's who don't have a last name (e.g. Rumia, Cirno) where there's only 5 results. The correct one is usually the 2nd to last result.
  • If you want more character slots, just copy and paste them and change the memory address
  • Everything to do with items is always in the same memory locations so they should just work

You'll have to re-find each of these addresses every time you launch the game because memory allocation.
https://www.mediafire.com/file/rxwb5y6wex9dmza/THLabyrinth2Plus_out-self-assembly.CT
« Last Edit: June 18, 2019, 09:53:23 am by xor »

IRUN

• Sin Sack
  • Nickname: It's a Random User Name
« Reply #609 on: July 08, 2019, 06:31:26 am »
Just finished Rance IX and belatedly realised that Green Brute is basically Rance. This game is packed with RPG references.
I walk one step, and Iím visiting a shrine
I continue two steps, and Iím spirited away
I tread three steps, and Iím playing god
I arrive with four steps, and ****

Libra

• Nickname: Lib
« Reply #610 on: July 18, 2019, 09:17:08 pm »
New update, with translated patch notes by Regalstar: https://pastebin.com/HiAegkp5

-Yuyuko's "The Mistress gets Serious" seems to be 30% more damage against >150 DTH resistant enemies (up from 15%), not sure about >100, but it's probably 20% (up from 10%).

-Patchy's Girl of Knowledge and Shade was originally "If affinity is 103 or greater, it counts as 100 + (affinity - 100) / 3", now after learning Infinite Repertoire it seems to change to "If affinity is 53 or greater, it counts as 50 + (affinity - 50) / 3"; this essentially allows Patchy to get a 50% damage boost against enemies with 100 elemental affinity and 20% against enemies with 66 affinity (piercing enemy affinity below 100 does not count as a weakness, for the purpose of stuff like Satori's damage boost).

-The last one seems to refer to stuff like Heavenly Kasen summoning level 200 ghosts, instead of level 1200 ones, not sure if it affects anyone but Abyss/Heavenly Kasen.

qazmlpok

• Nickname: Bane
« Reply #611 on: July 19, 2019, 12:03:29 pm »
https://drive.google.com/open?id=121cAVQgEFKFYpwu_vz4uBpd2bnnNmpZd

Updated exe for the new patch. There's some translations missing but nothing too important.

EDIT: updated again. This should fix some various missing strings and some very late bosses with overflowing text in their name.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2019, 12:21:43 am by qazmlpok »

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Theme based on ModernDark64 design by BlocWeb
Page created in 0.043 seconds with 40 queries.