Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 - 18F  (Read 258327 times)

nav'

• nothing to see here
  • definitely not a Ditto
Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 - 18F
« Reply #540 on: January 01, 2019, 12:39:52 PM »
As some of you might have noticed, Karisa has recently founded a Discord server, Sea of Tranquility, oriented towards Touhou players. This includes fangames, and I believe Labyrinth of Touhou is among the most well known Touhou fangames around. LoT threads have been a staple of this community for a long while, myself happily participating on several occasions.

If you guys would like a place for live chat about our character builds, boss strats and anything else LoT-themed, we would be willing to create a dedicated LoT channel. Is anyone interested in joining?
Рабинович глядит на плакат ?Ленин умер, но дело его живет!?
? уж лучше бы о он жил!

« Reply #541 on: January 01, 2019, 04:04:07 PM »
I'd love it, personally^^ I already spend most of my PC time on Discord so having a chatroom for LoT as well would be nice

Xarizzar

• RPG fan
« Reply #542 on: January 01, 2019, 08:44:46 PM »
Same here. I'd love a Discord channel for this.

jaxter0987

• Umiiro Shoujo ni Miserarete
  • Umi is love, Umi is life
« Reply #543 on: January 02, 2019, 09:49:44 AM »
Can someone confirm if I got the current state of the game right? The very final patch finally arrived including all planned fixes, but the story was never translated because of a lack of translator/s?
Final patch has yet to arrive, though I believe all the content is already out? Story was never translated because the translator whose also done many other games on shrinemaiden has basically been missing for the past 3 months. There's the translation project thread for this so someone could probably try to pick up where he left off. But he put in quite a lot of work and I'm not quite sure the level of Japanese needed to notice a reference is being made, let alone what the references are referring to.

Karisa

• Extend!
  • High scores are meant to be broken.
« Reply #544 on: January 02, 2019, 01:00:20 PM »
The Discord channel's created now. Enjoy.

Suggestions about the channel name/description would be appreciated, considering I have little knowledge of what would be discussed there (not much of an RPG player myself).

« Reply #545 on: January 02, 2019, 07:35:27 PM »
Thank you so much^^

« Reply #546 on: January 03, 2019, 01:11:55 AM »
This kills the thread

jaxter0987

• Umiiro Shoujo ni Miserarete
  • Umi is love, Umi is life
« Reply #547 on: January 03, 2019, 09:42:35 AM »
Nah, the thread won't be killed, just slowed down for the people that are using discord frequently. There's still the group of people that don't use discord at all, and the group of people that find there way into Labyrinth of Touhou from here on the forums.

As for the channel description/ header , I'm pretty torn on how to approach it. I'd want to put almost the entirety of the first post of this thread on there, but seeing as there's a limit of 1024 characters....
Actually, there's quite a lot that's not really relevant to being placed in the channel header.

Here's my draft of what to include:
LoT1 Patch: http://www.mediafire.com/download/mzdgl54mxmi/thLabyrinth_ver2.04.zip
LoT1 Special Disk Patch: http://www.mediafire.com/download/ahccqhixp7d1n9p/thLabyrinth_ver3.01.zip
English Patch for 3.01 Special Disk: http://www.mediafire.com/?t1v567p5sced1zl
New Game+ File for 3.01: http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=7188.0;attach=15055
Where to buy LoT2: http://www.melonbooks.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=IT0000165852
How to navigate through Melonbooks: http://imgur.com/a/qA3Dc

I've learned that melonbooks.com now returns a 403 Forbidden error for me. So I don't know if there's a current tutorial for people outside of Japan to obtain LoT2.

The kind of stuff in the first post could also be just pins so I don't really know what to put in the header otherwise. "Discuss anything related to Labyrinth of Touhou here." or something I don't know.

Decided to post this here instead of discussing it in the channel itself because I don't know how many people on here have actually joined the server.

Xarizzar

• RPG fan
« Reply #548 on: January 03, 2019, 09:46:42 AM »
Hmm... I can access melonbooks.com , but I had to use a few tricks that I had up my sleeve, so I'm not sure if they even want us there anymore?

EDIT: Uh. Some of you can probably guess what that was, but as it might be against the rules, I'm not sure if I should say. I think I'll PM a mod about it, later.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2019, 09:48:14 AM by Xarizzar »

« Reply #549 on: January 03, 2019, 10:50:39 AM »
You need to use a proxy/VPN I guess? It's a dick move on their part, as people who have bought stuff from them (like me) can't access it anymore.

The games are on DLsite as well, maybe they can still be bought there?

« Reply #550 on: January 03, 2019, 11:14:04 PM »
melonbooks.com is blocking foreign IPs as of a few months ago.

There's a "workaround" of going to http://touch.melonbooks.com/ but that site's pretty awful to navigate. I'm pretty sure you can still buy stuff if you used to be able to, or download your old purchases. I haven't tried that with a game, though.

It doesn't look like they're on english dlsite. Japanese dlsite has historically always blocked my credit cards. I don't know if other people have this problem or not, but it might be difficult to buy from there.

« Reply #551 on: January 03, 2019, 11:34:38 PM »
I can indeed download my purchases from the touch site, thanks for the info.

Mellow

• A Kid, Just a kid.....
  • Is that a Touhou reference?!
« Reply #552 on: January 08, 2019, 02:19:02 AM »
I remember having a few friends on a discord server who liked to play the first game. they would always chat about it! And this is surely interesting. It's good to see more touhou content being made. I'm gonna check it out soon. :D I think this is a strategic game also? Please debunk my assumptions lol
frick AND heck!

« Reply #553 on: January 09, 2019, 05:40:39 AM »
B9F's, B10F's, and 27F's maps have been posted on wiki, in case anyone needs them.

https://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Labyrinth_of_Touhou_2/Dungeons

Otaku

• Like the wiiiiind!
« Reply #554 on: January 09, 2019, 09:28:29 AM »
B9F's, B10F's, and 27F's maps have been posted on wiki, in case anyone needs them.

Niiiiice, this is certainly helpful!

« Reply #555 on: January 10, 2019, 06:15:07 PM »
I do hope the translation gets finished someday. It's... playable as it is today, but it would be nice to have the whole thing covered. Guess it mainly depends on when 3peso calls it quits.

« Reply #556 on: January 19, 2019, 09:20:30 PM »
Was the 'extra attack action consumes MP again' bug thing ever fixed? i booted the game up again grinding to finally reach final boss on 30F

« Reply #557 on: January 20, 2019, 02:10:54 PM »
I have a quick question, if I don't buy the plus disk, does that means no full plus disk expeirence ?
Side note, do I need to invest more on her or rest it until later since I'll be using her long term.
[attach=1]
« Last Edit: January 20, 2019, 02:13:52 PM by BananaCupcakey »
Just keep it neutral :3

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #558 on: January 20, 2019, 02:45:28 PM »
If you don't have Plus Disk, then you won't have Plus Disk content, yes. If you DO get plus though, you can still use that save file, so it's not a problem.

If you're level 204, then you might have already completely finished all non-plus content? That's more than high enough level to beat all the postgame bosses without much issue.

As for investment, I wouldn't worry too much, Plus Disk will end up burying you in money again. Everything's a work in progress~
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #559 on: January 20, 2019, 03:29:08 PM »
Cleared it days ago, but the only plus disk working is the trial, others betrayed me at least several times and I'm too pissed to continue, and there's no important data in the later patches except the trial so I tried to import files but eventually all is futile anyway. (the Trial crashes really easily, because of that the process of exploring + frequent crash already let me abandoned that acc, and I also know that the only legit copy is to buy it)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2019, 12:57:32 AM by BananaCupcakey »
Just keep it neutral :3

« Reply #560 on: January 20, 2019, 04:30:59 PM »
28F's, 29F's, 30F's, and B11F's maps (the latter two are in-game maps) have been posted on wiki, in case anyone needs them.

https://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Labyrinth_of_Touhou_2/Dungeons

« Reply #561 on: January 21, 2019, 11:49:43 PM »
Was the 'extra attack action consumes MP again' bug thing ever fixed? i booted the game up again grinding to finally reach final boss on 30F

That's not a bug, at least in the current Plus Disk version, Extra Attack was nerfed to cost half the MP of the original spell used.

« Reply #562 on: January 22, 2019, 06:49:52 AM »
Made a Miko solo against Yamata no Orochi (recorded months ago ,using 1.103 patch)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMJAOpX6Agc
« Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 07:16:30 AM by gensokyorpb »

xor

« Reply #563 on: January 23, 2019, 06:19:12 PM »
Been a month since I last posted so should probably post about that cheat table thingy I'm working on.

I've been picking at this every few days trying to find pointers that work consistently but have been consistently coming unstuck when it comes to testing in Windows 8. I'm having no luck with cheat engine's built in scanner (there's a huge recursive stack of pointers to pointers to pointers which makes automated scanning require exponentially more hdd space/cpu time) but have made some first steps into getting them via attaching a debugger and setting break points. Incidentally, the game appears to be written in C++ and compiled with Microsoft Visual Studio 2005.

I've also discovered a completely undocumented cheat engine feature that let's you share dropdown selection options between entries - final file size is now 4 mbs with every character editable. The table now requires Cheat Engine 6.8 in order to edit characters skills, equipment and subclass.

jester147

• Touhou, Rhythm Game, JRPG fan
« Reply #564 on: February 14, 2019, 05:56:50 AM »
Have been playing Plus Disk for a while. However I often feeling not strong enough to fight the bosses. Always short of money for buying library points and still not enough, and farming in 20F is getting boring. Any advice about moneymaking and library points? I'm at B4F right now.

Also is there any way to swap stat bonuses in bulk? With the Plus Disk getting absurd levels, swapping stats will be very slow...
« Last Edit: February 14, 2019, 06:42:29 AM by jester147 »

ZoomyTsugumi

• zoom zoom
« Reply #565 on: February 14, 2019, 07:06:46 AM »
IIRC holding A or S when going left/right on stats does 10/100 at once. Or something like that, it's been a while.

« Reply #566 on: February 15, 2019, 07:01:19 AM »
Have been playing Plus Disk for a while. However I often feeling not strong enough to fight the bosses. Always short of money for buying library points and still not enough, and farming in 20F is getting boring. Any advice about moneymaking and library points? I'm at B4F right now.

Also is there any way to swap stat bonuses in bulk? With the Plus Disk getting absurd levels, swapping stats will be very slow...

Check if you have any tomes of reincarnation you can use to refund some characters you aren't using. If you focus on 12ish characters you should get enough money naturally to keep their library levels around the same as their actual level. If you don't have any tomes, you should get access to the infinite corridor shortly which will let you farm infinite gems for more tomes. This is probably obvious but not everyone needs all their stats buffed. Physical dealers don't need magic and magic dealers don't need attack. Support characters that are focused on buffing or using auxilary skills like Aya or Ran don't need their attack or magic increased. You can probably also skimp a bit on defense and mind. You can save a bunch of money that way.

« Reply #567 on: February 15, 2019, 01:22:59 PM »
You can also get significant amounts of extra money by using all the mats you got from the main game to craft and then sell items. Now that you're in Plus Disk, most of the mats from main game are obsolete anyway

jester147

• Touhou, Rhythm Game, JRPG fan
« Reply #568 on: February 16, 2019, 03:16:40 AM »
Check if you have any tomes of reincarnation you can use to refund some characters you aren't using. If you focus on 12ish characters you should get enough money naturally to keep their library levels around the same as their actual level. If you don't have any tomes, you should get access to the infinite corridor shortly which will let you farm infinite gems for more tomes. This is probably obvious but not everyone needs all their stats buffed. Physical dealers don't need magic and magic dealers don't need attack. Support characters that are focused on buffing or using auxilary skills like Aya or Ran don't need their attack or magic increased. You can probably also skimp a bit on defense and mind. You can save a bunch of money that way.

You can also get significant amounts of extra money by using all the mats you got from the main game to craft and then sell items. Now that you're in Plus Disk, most of the mats from main game are obsolete anyway

Thanks for the tips! I have more than 12 characters I regularly use, and even more that are situationally useful, but some of them I never use.

I'm stupid for selling the materials directly instead of crafting them, at least I didn't sell the cheap ones and not all in...

« Reply #569 on: February 24, 2019, 02:45:41 AM »
Is there a complete list of all the enemy attack names? for reasons  :V