Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 - 18F  (Read 258450 times)

Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 - 18F
« Reply #570 on: February 25, 2019, 12:37:49 AM »
The enemy_attacks.txt file from the translation should be everything. https://pastebin.com/vz3yGxY8

Well, except untranslated enemies. There's probably some of those, now that I think about it.

« Reply #571 on: February 25, 2019, 02:01:10 AM »
I will check the translation notes and compare,it seemed like an awfully short list compared to LoT1 database guide,many thanks!

the Bf10 grind is soul draining me i cant beat the 30f touhous
« Last Edit: February 25, 2019, 02:15:40 AM by DarkAtma »

« Reply #572 on: February 25, 2019, 07:25:14 AM »
Yeah that list is just a portion of the spell cards in the base game. The first post has the complete list of the spell cards that were programmed into the base game (some of the stuff went unused until Plus Disk), complete with formulas and everything. I think the only spell card in that list that isn't actually used in either base or Plus is Rainbow Wing, which is a MT MYS spell card with a 176% MAG formula (ignores MND). Think that was used in the original game.

Dunno about the stuff that was added for Plus Disk.

Otaku

• Like the wiiiiind!
« Reply #573 on: February 25, 2019, 10:12:12 AM »
Anyone has any tips for The Destroyer? The only way I can do any damage is with Futo+Miko, and even then that's far from enough.

This is my team:
« Last Edit: February 25, 2019, 01:26:58 PM by Otaku »

« Reply #574 on: February 25, 2019, 01:35:44 PM »
Oops. I forgot I have a separate folder for the base game and the expansion.

I updated the file. Same link. Also, that doesn't include character boss spellcards with the same name (i.e. boss Marisa's master spark is the same name as character Marisa's)

« Reply #575 on: February 25, 2019, 02:11:08 PM »
Much appreciated,thank you

Spoiler:
Do 30F touhous really regenerate? you mean i have to get to the next checkpoint in one go?  :V

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #576 on: February 25, 2019, 02:20:34 PM »
Anyone has any tips for The Destroyer? The only way I can do any damage is with Futo+Miko, and even then that's far from enough.
Flan might be able to do some work with a super drill and high buffs+debuffs. You might have trouble with both of the other extreme defense corridor superbosses too though, honestly... and they're kinda hard even with an appropriate party. Considering there's two more of these bosses coming, you might want to replace someone with a character that has 80~100% def/mnd piercing.

You can get by with just making a low investment in one or two such characters and swapping them in only for the boss fight, though. Making a moderate library investment for a 13th character without -really- pumping them up doesn't cost that much and more or less gets the job done.
Much appreciated,thank you

Spoiler:
Do 30F touhous really regenerate? you mean i have to get to the next checkpoint in one go?  :V
Yes. Pretty sure you're meant to have a significantly higher level than them, especially if you want the treasures for beating all of 'em at once. It's good stuff, worth the hassle.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Otaku

• Like the wiiiiind!
« Reply #577 on: February 25, 2019, 03:36:21 PM »
I suppose I'll employ Rumia once again

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #578 on: February 25, 2019, 04:26:43 PM »
Awakened Rumia is pretty solid, the success rates on her status/debuffs is nice and Large Piercing Attack makes Moonlight Ray comparable to Dark Side of the Moon on high mind bosses. And backup healing is always good.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #579 on: March 06, 2019, 11:10:41 PM »
New update, mostly fixing all the overflow issues (and implementing number caps). Other than that:

-Remilia's base ATK growth has been increased by 1.0 (from 15 to 16), and her DEF and MND growth have both been increased by 1.6 (DEF goes from 9.8 to 11.4, MND goes from 9.6 to 11.2).

-Nitori's awakening skill "Improved Versatile Machine" now also increases Overheat's damage bonus by 5%  (so 20% per stack instead of 15%).

-Equipment stat bonuses are now shown in blue (which I guess makes it easier to tell it apart from the description).

« Reply #580 on: March 07, 2019, 04:55:01 AM »
Nitori did not need an Overheat buff, wow.

« Reply #581 on: March 07, 2019, 01:20:05 PM »
Oh, he's finally back.

Is there going to be another patch planned after this one? Or is this likely the last patch?

« Reply #582 on: March 07, 2019, 07:15:07 PM »
Doesn't say anything about whether there'll be another patch or not, but it doesn't seem like there's any particular need for one at this point, as all that would be left is balance adjustments and minor bug fixes.

« Reply #583 on: March 10, 2019, 12:27:46 AM »
I was mostly asking if there was planned content he hadn't ever gotten around to adding. I honestly can't remember if there was anything; it's been so long.

Updated exe:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=121cAVQgEFKFYpwu_vz4uBpd2bnnNmpZd

A lot of items have partially missing descriptions now.

« Reply #584 on: March 14, 2019, 01:09:13 AM »
do multiple appraisers stack? i will guess no

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #585 on: March 14, 2019, 03:06:23 AM »
iirc they do, actually

but it's way too much of a pain in the neck for a few % boost to swap everyone to appraisers. If you have characters you use PURELY for farming setups (rinnosuke, backline nazrin, awakened shou for metal kedamas) then go ahead and appraiser them.

Since it's been awhile, I've been opening up ThLaby2 back up to plunge 10~20 floors deeper beyond the end of the Infinite Corridor once every now and then. We'll see how long I actually keep doing this, when I have to start grinding to beat the bosses it's probably gonna get annoying fast, and there's still almost no actual fun at this point  :V

Is anyone actually playing significantly beyond endgame?

« Reply #586 on: March 15, 2019, 09:04:51 AM »
Is anyone actually playing significantly beyond endgame?

I am^^ Currently trying to beat King, though even at Reimu level 5600 or so I still can't finish the boss before turn 15 (I'm getting close, though).

About appraising, I know it sounds tedious but it's definitely worth building a team solely for that purpose. My current plan is:

Reimu, Komachi, Kaguya, Utsuho, Sanae, Iku, Ran, Shou, Koishi

Even just using Reimu, Komachi, Shou and Sanae, the difference in terms of rewards compared to a setup without appraisers or reward-boosting skills is about 20% higher - which in the long term is a sizable boost.

Currently, I'm farming Fundoshi Dimension Couplers in the Infinite Corridor to equip each of the aforementioned chars (except Shou ofc^^ She's using Underworld Hammer Grond and Will of Gensokyo), then I train in B11F using only one character at a time and swapping them whenever they run out of mana (it's much more efficient than 30F I think, I can rack up around 3 billion gold per hour iirc)

« Reply #587 on: March 16, 2019, 08:21:00 PM »
I stopped at the start of floor 28 a while back since i did not want want to miss any story. But recently I've been wanting to play it again. Is there any news about a story translation of the last floors? I may just continue playing anyhow :)

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #588 on: March 18, 2019, 04:10:13 PM »
Hmm... leveling up after lv3500+ just gets slower and slower, and the corridor still isn't the best place to grind yet. That means the endgame leveling rate could approach something like an hour of grind or more for 100 levels with ideal Infinite Corridor setups... (which would not be particularly fast to set up)

I don't think 3peso is particularly planning any further patches, but I wonder if he would humor suggestions to increase Corridor's base enemy experience, or alternatively, add an effect to 30F's light pillar to remove the limit on consecutive battle bonus. I could get ~500 battles in a row on b11f if I felt like it, if the battle bonus didn't cap at 50 battles I could be getting enormous exp. And the corridor provides vastly higher battle streak potential. It'd be nice for an hour or two of grind to grant several hundred levels when the goal is grinding from 3000 to 13000 for the enhanced bosses...

« Reply #589 on: March 23, 2019, 02:02:08 PM »
Dunno if others did so before me, but I playtested Kaguya's Lunar Ilmenite and, at rank 5, it procced 15 times over 170 turns, which seems to suggest a 10% chance. Considering the skill has 5 ranks, I wouldn't be surprised if it were a 2% proc chance per skill point.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #590 on: March 23, 2019, 11:27:49 PM »
I had someone test for me, and it turns out Poison damage is dealt for a whole tick's worth of ATB even if the poison technically wore off 'earlier'. This means that, for example, against Enhanced Dragon God at lv12800 gaining over 20k atb a tick, poison deals ~13.3% max HP damage no matter who inflicted it.

Toxicologist Eirin with all of her passives reaches over 150% poison accuracy (not sure how much) plus Reisen's resist debuff, so you can poison just about any boss in the game reliably. So, if you really wanted to play past Enhanced Dragon God, poison eventually completely breaks the game. At lv20k+, a few procs of poison will kill almost any boss.

:V

« Reply #591 on: March 24, 2019, 06:11:45 PM »
Gimme them hot Murakumo 3 tips. After months of on/off grind I'm just about ready to start working toward beating it. I already know its arms respawn on turn intervals of +1 each death but there's obviously a lot more than just that happening here.

Also super excited to see the translation project kicking back up. It's about time it was ironed out! Long time coming, that.

« Reply #592 on: March 24, 2019, 09:19:09 PM »
Updated exe to add the item translations back in.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1E7WFy7lR-Mp8pz5VXNlA2WTcAxlrMyG4

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #593 on: March 24, 2019, 11:36:27 PM »
Thanks as always Qaz! <3

Gimme them hot Murakumo 3 tips. After months of on/off grind I'm just about ready to start working toward beating it. I already know its arms respawn on turn intervals of +1 each death but there's obviously a lot more than just that happening here.
The arms do nasty stuff if you leave them alive too many turns, and Murakumo himself will drain someone's MP to heal himself. Attacking Murakumo with arms alive gets you hit with a nasty counter. One arm has huge def, the other has huge mnd.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2019, 11:41:00 PM by Serela »

« Reply #594 on: March 25, 2019, 06:03:54 PM »

This is what I ended up with after observing its AI for a few fights.

Did some more runs on 30f
Spoiler:
Murakumo
to study its AI. This is what I've determined.

Spoiler:
Living God: Ama no Murakumo no Tsurugi
Random Actions: Magic Drain, Destroy Magic, Spirit Drain (halve TP), Destroy Spirit (TP to 0), Black Universe, Time-Space Warp, Golden Protection, World-Shaking Military Rule, Oracle of Sacred Mirror Dedication, Oracle of Eternal Heaven and Earth
Oracle of Eternal Heaven and Earth appears to be used more frequently when there are more debuffs present, which is how it worked in the 20 enhanced Murakumo fight, but it can be used when there are no debuffs present. Similarly, Oracle of Sacred Mirror Dedication can be used when Murakumo is at full health.

Turn 1: Random
Turn 2: Random
Turn 3: Godly Scarlet Gold Slash
Turn 4: Random
Turn 5: Random
Turn 6: Yakumo's Futsu no Mitami no Tsurugi
Turn 7: Random
Turn 8: Random
Turn 9: Great Destruction
Repeat Turn 1-8
Turn 9: Great Catastrophe
Repeat Turn 1-8
Turn 9: Great Despair (Frontline TP to 0)
Repeat (I haven't gone any further so I can't confirm if it does repeat or not)

Reviving Arms does not advance this pattern.

Living God's Right Arm:
Random Actions: Dividing Slash, Instant Death Attack

Turn 2: Greatsword of Calamity
Turn 3: Random
Turn 4: Greatsword of Calamity
Turn 6: Scythe of Calamity
Turn 8: True Greatsword of Calamity
Turn 9: Random
Turn 10: World-Shaking Military Rule
Turn 11: Ama no Murakumo no Tsurugi's Wild Dance
Repeat

Living God's Left Arm
Random Actions: Red Curse, Blue Curse, Purple Curse, Green Curse, Yellow Curse

Turn 2: Storm of Light Particles
Turn 3: Random
Turn 4: Storm of Light Particles
Turn 6: Great Tree that Descended from the Sky
Turn 8: Shining Arrows from the Sky
Turn 9: Random
Turn 10: Magical Blast
Turn 11: MAG Up
Turn 12: Random
Repeat

When the Arms are defeated and revived, their AI pattern resets to the beginning.

I incorrectly observed the revival pattern, so I cut that out from the quote.

Probably the biggest issue, besides balancing attacking the Arms and Murakumo, is that guaranteed use of Yakumo's Futsu no Mitami no Tsurugi, which heals 1% of Murakumo's HP for every 1 MP it drains (drains half the target's MP). The first use isn't too bad since you're probably still working on racking up Arm kills, but uses after that have the potential to heal a huge amount of HP if you don't put a low MP character on the leftmost slot. Also, if you have difficulty defeating the Right Arm, then facing repeated Greatsword of Calamity uses can be very dangerous for such a long-term fight. Don't let it survive long enough to use True Greatsword of Calamity, that's basically an instant death attack. The Left Arm isn't very dangerous, and is also susceptible to PAR. PAR can help prevent Left Arm from acting right after Murakumo uses Great Destruction, which has the potential to be very dangerous with all of its MT attacks. Otherwise, its only notable attack is Shining Arrows from the Sky, which is just a decently strong MT attack. Right Arm has high DEF and average MND, vice versa for Left Arm. Right Arm is weak to NTR and SPI, Left Arm FIR and DRK. Murakumo has no weakness and resists SPI and DRK.

I neglected to mention it in the post I quoted, but Murakumo's Godly Scarlet Gold Slash and Yakumo's Tsurugi always target the leftmost slot, and so does Right Arm's (True) Greatsword of Calamity.

Ah yeah, also, defeating either Arm weakens Murakumo's counter, defeating Right Arm removes the DRK component, Left Arm the SPI component. Defeating both Arms turns Murakumo's Counter into a basic Direct Counter.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2019, 06:09:30 PM by LonelyGaruga »

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #595 on: March 25, 2019, 11:08:19 PM »
The first post of the thread should change the link to 3peso's home page.

« Reply #596 on: March 30, 2019, 03:54:31 PM »
I'm finally finished. 121 hours on file, level 2550 average, True Dragon God and Will of Gensokyo down.

What a ride that was... although I do have a long list of criticism about the late game I don't really care to repeat. That said, the game didn't end up being as tediously grindy as I feared. It took maybe four hours to level from 1700 to 2500. The majority of my recent playtime was actually spent pushing through dozens and dozen of IC floors, and if anywhere, that's where I'd say the game becomes a slog. Doubly so since more of the Abyss shadows are trivial.

« Reply #597 on: April 01, 2019, 11:49:24 PM »
Finally reached Ame V3 and at about floor 300 of the infinite corridee,guess time to grind again

It is bad my party is basically 'Flandre and 11 meatshields/supports' if she dies the battle is over

What game had the most 'bullcrap' moments overall between labyrinth 1 and 2?

« Reply #598 on: April 02, 2019, 12:16:17 PM »
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1aIcqcb_AMpOPrh-IJFM1AL-3kicbQvNw

Updated exe. Some more text fixes from RegalStar

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #599 on: April 05, 2019, 08:19:43 PM »
Our resident crazy guy Elminster of the 255 winner kills made an LoT2 damage comparison chart to use! Although you should keep in mind it's scaled for like, lv8000, so it's mostly true at like 30F lv1k+ territory. Gives a decent idea overall though and is really useful for those lategame minmax players. (Maintenance users are vastly more powerful at all the other parts of the game than this, keep in mind)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uEFCxgRgcUqHhHA2-mVLbHXYV7sbS8AAtxYN5sncdmE/edit#gid=1654569910

All characters have the same monetary value of library investment, he didn't use any non-global EXP boosters so they levelled equally, they're all maxed on gems/jewels/high boosts/skill levels, etc. Family skills and other conditionals with numbers listed in brackets. There's probably a few more characters that could be colored green (for "conditional but huge damage boost that isn't in the calculation") but overall it's pretty well made and informative. MFW when Renko does more damage than Shikieiki even after maintenance loses almost all value for atk/mag boosting.

edit:I updated it with some more moves, updated damage formulas, and a list of the proportionate defense factor for every move (dang, Knockout pierces nearly as much defense as the likes of Kaguya/Iku/Utsuho)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2019, 03:39:05 AM by Serela »