Author Topic: Touhou Fangame Idea??  (Read 4239 times)

Touhou Fangame Idea??
« on: February 03, 2018, 05:05:46 AM »
So I have this idea for a Touhou fangame that's persisted in my head for a long time (a year maybe). Well, my danmakufu skills aren't the best and neither are my drawing, and music skills. Soooooo, I was wondering if by any chance if anyone is interested in helping me to bring this idea to life (at least become a game  :V). I'm not sure where it really lies up with the Touhou games (maybe call it tohuou 11.5  :V) and the idea isn't fully thought out yet  ???. But if anyone is interested in helping, I do have a concept of the game. I'd like to call it...

Subterranean Escape! No, no , no. Too similar to Subterranean Animism...  :(

Subversive Escape?! No, no , no... :ohdear:

Subterrestrial Escape? :wat:

Well, point is, I don't have an exact name for the game. BUT! The game revolves around the idea that these "evil spirits" have escaped the underworld/underground (Where Utsuho and Orin are at). It's up to our two playable characters to capture them? or at least defeat them or something (I don't really have the full story).

Our playable characters are...
-Rin Kaenbyou (Orin)! Speed: Fast! | Shot: Spirit Shackle! | Bomb: Blazing Wheel! | Animal Shot: idk
-Utsuho Reiuji (Okuu)! Speed: Slow! | Shot: Fusion Laser!| Bomb: Hell's Core! | Animal Shot: idk

The special mechanism for this game is a "shape-shift" type. Basically when the player defeats enough evil spirits (or fairies), they're allowed to turn into their animal form (Cat for Orin, Crow for Okuu) :o. It's a gauge type of thing that has an increase of 3 levels. While the player is in their "animal" form, their hitbox becomes smaller and their shots/bullets change a bit (not sure how much the player changes, I'm not trying to make it OP). Whenever they hit level 1, they can change for a limited time, level two has a longer time, level three switch from animal form to Youkai form consistantly (and vice versa) by pressing C (dying will drain some of your gauge).

An idea of the stages and characters:

Stage 1: Blazing Hells (Our player makes their way around the blazing hells and fights the character they didn't pick [like if the player is Orin then the boss here is Utsuho and vice versa]. Basically "someone" has to keep an eye down in hell and neither of them want to stay so a friendly fight is started.)

Stage 2: Palace of the Spirits (The player finds a spirit with transforming abilities [who knew they were so powerful?] and impersonates Satori's abilities. After the player beats the spirit, the spirit gives the player a secret shortcut to the outside world that only Satori knows.)

Stage 3: Forest Grounds (The player searches  in the forest for more spirits and finds one named 'Medusa' who controls reptiles [mainly snakes]. She has been infecting the local fairies with venom and killing them. The player defeats this spirit and forces Medusa to give any information.)

Stage 4:
Forest Grounds (Sky View) (The player is now traveling over the forest and encounters another spirit [I really don't have much story for this stage.])

Stage 5: Evening Sky (More Spirits!) :getdown:

Stage 6: Some Black hole or space stuff (Final Stage!) After the player clears stage 6, a new playable character is unlocked (right now under the name 'Toby') that has an alternative storyline. Completing his storyline unlocks Extra Stage for Orin & Okuu. I do have some scrap stuff(mainly stages) that I used when I actually tried to create this game like this: https://imgur.com/a/QmOiu (I used it in my latest script on bulletforge)

Anyways, I've had this idea for this game for a long time now. I'd really like to see some interest and hopefully get a team to create it :ohdear:? Not sure, but for now, you can enjoy reading my idea of this fangame!  :)

Fulisha of Light

• Also known as Felis-Licht
  • Light and Day Aeon ~C☆
Re: Touhou Fangame Idea??
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2018, 07:17:19 PM »
So I have this idea for a Touhou fangame that's persisted in my head for a long time (a year maybe). Well, my danmakufu skills aren't the best and neither are my drawing, and music skills. Soooooo, I was wondering if by any chance if anyone is interested in helping me to bring this idea to life (at least become a game  :V).

I do have some scrap stuff(mainly stages) that I used when I actually tried to create this game like this: https://imgur.com/a/QmOiu (I used it in my latest script on bulletforge)

Why not try working a little more in danmakufu? Seems to me you have the potential to get your idea off the ground if you work just a little more on your coding skills. Try working on finishing a demo of a stage and get some feedback, who knows you might get some people interested in working together with you.

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2018, 03:18:44 AM »
Maybe! My skills in danmakufu improved quite a lot actually. I'm a bit busy this school year but I may actually start it (or at least try to) this summer!

yeashie

• Lunatic Fangame Fanatic
  • You Know I Have to Do It to Em
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2018, 12:35:22 PM »
Yo, if you need a Lunatic mode tester and/or a spriter then I'm willing to help  :)