Author Topic: About replacing png map material files with games  (Read 4908 times)

About replacing png map material files with games
« on: June 18, 2018, 09:33:50 AM »
I recently wanted to make a language patch for TouHou games(original STG).Now I had done some features .(Such as replace SpellCard name&Music text,Aero available..)Then I should make a png image instead.But I found out that when I debugged the game I couldn't find where the png image was being read.

So how does the game read the png image (I know the png image in the anm file)?

Some people have implemented the replacement of png images into the game without packing anm files.By hook the game.

Re: About replacing png map material files with games
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2018, 01:51:04 PM »
I recently wanted to make a language patch for TouHou games(original STG).Now I had done some features .(Such as replace SpellCard name&Music text,Aero available..)Then I should make a png image instead.But I found out that when I debugged the game I couldn't find where the png image was being read.

So how does the game read the png image (I know the png image in the anm file)?

Some people have implemented the replacement of png images into the game without packing anm files.By hook the game.

If you want to make a language patch for the shmups you should check out thcrap https://www.thpatch.net/wiki/Touhou_Patch_Center .
You can ask any technical question on their discord too.