Author Topic: Koishi cosplay wig?  (Read 6672 times)

Otaku

• Like the wiiiiind!
Koishi cosplay wig?
« on: June 17, 2018, 02:18:23 PM »
I'm not really sure if this is in the right board, so feel free to move it if necessary.

But anyways, I want to make a Koishi cosplay fora convention at the end of  next month, and I was wondering if anyone knows of a place where I can find a good Koishi wig (for hopefully not my entire wallet).
I live in Denmark just for reference in relation to shipping and such.

I've got everything else sorta under control, but help would still be appreciated ^^

EDIT: I feel like I should mention that I'm going for more of a ULiL/AoCF Koishi rather than SA, but either is welcome.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2018, 04:54:16 PM by Otaku »

Hieda no Mukyu

• Eastern philology in limbo
Re: Koishi cosplay wig?
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2018, 04:30:47 PM »
Oh my, good memories. We used to have discussions like this on Touhou.fi all the time back when the forum was young.

I?ll pay a visit to their current Discord community and link this to our remaining cosplay veterans... Let?s see if they can come up with any good ideas.

Otaku

• Like the wiiiiind!
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2018, 04:48:19 PM »
Oh my, good memories. We used to have discussions like this on Touhou.fi all the time back when the forum was young.

I?ll pay a visit to their current Discord community and link this to our remaining cosplay veterans... Let?s see if they can come up with any good ideas.

Thank you do much, I greatly appreciate it!

Also the Satori bracelet in the picture is really adorable, and I honestly think I'm gonna try and make it.

Hieda no Mukyu

• Eastern philology in limbo
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2018, 07:24:46 PM »
the Satori bracelet in the picture is really adorable, and I honestly think I'm gonna try and make it.

Haha, I think breeding random fun ideas like this is exactly what fan communities are for. Hav det sjovt med h?ndarbejdet!

I got a couple of answers for you. While surprisingly many okay wigs seem to come from places as generic as Ebay and Ali Express, one of my friends had had good experiences with Coscraft (pay attention to their summer holiday notice). Arda Wigs was mentioned as a possibility if your wallet packs more firepower.

If you are a beginner, please keep in mind that online photos can be misleading when it comes to colors and hues. If you happen to find a wig with the perfect hue in your nearest costume shop, the quality might be low, but at least you know what you are getting.

I?m sorry to have such limited knowledge in the field myself ? I have only ever bought one wig myself. Good luck hunting for a Koishi hair that will make you happy!

Otaku

• Like the wiiiiind!
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2018, 09:52:14 PM »

I got a couple of answers for you. While surprisingly many okay wigs seem to come from places as generic as Ebay and Ali Express, one of my friends had had good experiences with Coscraft (pay attention to their summer holiday notice). Arda Wigs was mentioned as a possibility if your wallet packs more firepower.

Honestly, thank you so much, Coscraft seems to have some really good options. I've never heard of the site before, but I can definitely see me using it in the future. 

CenturyEgg

• Gentle older sister types are the best!
    • My world cosplay account
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2018, 07:24:20 AM »
I usually work with generics off ali-express but that requires a little more wrangling and learning to trim and style it. You can try searching for this and see if it turns up any hits?(古明地 小石 cos 假发 )Koishi is a pretty popular character after all.

Otaku

• Like the wiiiiind!
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2018, 09:57:15 AM »
I usually work with generics off ali-express but that requires a little more wrangling and learning to trim and style it. You can try searching for this and see if it turns up any hits?(古明地 小石 cos 假发 )Koishi is a pretty popular character after all.

I really appreciate the help, but I've already found a wig. Still thanks!

CenturyEgg

• Gentle older sister types are the best!
    • My world cosplay account
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2018, 03:17:18 AM »
That's fine! Glad you found a wig. Looking forward to the final product!