Author Topic: E3 2018 thread of announcements and reactions  (Read 12740 times)

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
Re: E3 2018 thread of announcements and reactions
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2018, 05:26:35 PM »
Death Stranding had a great trailer and so did Ghosts of Tsushima. DS definitely has a lot of good Kojima vibes. Also your feet might look like that after a marathon I'm warning you now o sweet childe.
Resident Evil 2 Remake is locked in!    :toot:   :getdown:
Much of the PSX/N64 era games haven't aged well, mostly due to the graphics. And voice acting. And new control schemes in 3D worlds. And lack of memory. And other assorted oddities associated with the era. Resident Evil got hit by all of them. Overhauling and modernizing all of RE2, potentially with some of the spirit of RE7, could make some real waves. 

For all the hype around Smash, it was far and away the focus of Nintendo's presentation. I'm on the fence about picking it up, so I might be stuck with Octodad Atelier and some assorted odds and ends until Fire Emblem several months from now. Things look a bit sparse for anyone not fully hyped about it.

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2018, 05:30:41 PM »
Nintendo presentation was pretty disappointing. Or maybe "disappointing" isn't right, just not exciting. I was really hoping for a huge new announcement and some more information on Fire Emblem Switch.

That said, I'm not a Smash Bros fan at all, but it's hard not to be a little excited looking at that cast list.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

Pywackett-Barchetta

• Icelandic Elf Inspector
  • G-A-M-E O-V-E-R
    • Tumblr
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2018, 05:33:43 PM »
Even as a Smash fan, as my excitement winds down, I gotta admit that I still have *very* little else I'd want to play on the Switch, which presents the same problem it had before. The Wii U had Mario Kart and Smash and I didn't bite then. This has the same issue. Still, a far more solid pitch than I've gotten from other consoles this E3.

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2018, 06:05:55 PM »
I love that they brought back David Hayter for Snake

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2018, 06:12:13 PM »
This is pretty amazing for a platform brawler. I'm hyped for this Smash Bros Ultimate anyways and all those changes are really great because you can see how Sakurai has listened to the fans and some of the issues they had with Smash 4.

I will admit, this game does feel like a "SUPER" Super Smash Bros 4 (Arcade Edition ver. 2018). But maybe that's why it's called Super Smash Bros Ultimate. But I mean, I wasn't expecting much more considering the amount of time between the end of the development cycle from last DLC character release in Smash 4 to the initial announcement of this game.

The only thing I'm disappointed about is Waluigi still being an assist trophy :( But I wasn't TOO disappointed as I was kind of expecting it anyways.

Reddyne

« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2018, 06:28:32 PM »
Yeah the 43 minute Nintendo spot featured a 26 minute long portion for Smash. That's a lot of eggs in one basket. Sure it'll be big for Nintendo, but a lot of other stuff just wasn't there that could have been. No big announcements and not enough lesser stuff to really keep everyone satisfied.

I love that they brought back David Hayter for Snake
David Hayter IS Snake!

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2018, 07:30:29 PM »
Nintendo probably went a little thin this year because of (a) the rapid-fire upcoming release announcements for a whole bunch of stuff between the Octopath Traveler segment and the Smash segment, and (b) the fact that the Switch is publicly known to still be sitting on Pokemon, Yoshi, and Metroid. Between those three games, Smash, Fire Emblem Triple Threat, and Mario Party, there's still plenty of AAA content coming down the pipe. Plus there's Octopath Traveler and whatever Daemon X Machina is (it appears to be Switch-exclusive).
« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 07:35:14 PM by Suwako Moriya »
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2018, 07:39:24 PM »
l swear my friends and l literally screamed in voice chat... over the Smash hype and one of them fanboyed over Wolf being back and l'm happy that all of the smash skills got an overhaul.
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2018, 10:33:57 PM »
whatever Daemon X Machina is (it appears to be Switch-exclusive).

Marvelous hired Armored Core staff from AC2/3 (including Shoji Kawamori) and basically just made what looks like an Armored Core game without it actually being Armored Core.

Basically, it was my favorite thing from the presser.

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2018, 04:23:49 AM »
RIDLEY NOT TOO BIG ANYMORE
I'm not too big on Ridley though. :|

Looking forward to the Xenoblade DLC, Daemon X Machina, and Octopath Traveler.

Reddyne

« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2018, 06:49:31 PM »
Some other stuff coming out of the tail end of the show here:

The RE2 remake looks fantastic, even if played by someone who hasn't used a controller to aim since RE4.

Octopath Traveler is getting some more preview time and a supplemental demo. S-E is really putting a lot behind the release even if it's still a bit on the niche side. Also this narrator guy is a bit cheesy oh well.

The Disgaea folks make an Etrian Odyssey game.

I also wished we could have seen more of Left Alive (the shooter game with mechs set in the Front Mission universe) -- it's supposed to be a 2018 game, and you don't give us more details, Square?
Bit of a delayed reaction on my end, but Front Mission hasn't cropped up since like the PS2 era. I really liked 3 and always thought it had a lot of potential as a grittier, wartime mech series. I'd like to know more but a 1 minute trailer from 8 months ago ain't doin' it.