Author Topic: Rumia Quest Revival - A New Beginning  (Read 134281 times)

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
Re: Rumia Quest Revival - A New Beginning
« Reply #690 on: September 28, 2018, 05:31:30 PM »
>"O...kay then... So what was the puppeteer lady like?"

> "Creepy." Kogasa said; but I managed to convince her to stop tryin' to kill us. I said the whole thing that Louise did about the God not being happy if we killed someone."

> Kogasa suddenly looks a bit serious.

> "She did say we really have to leave the forest however. She really dosen't want..." Kogasa looks at Mayina "Us here."

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #691 on: September 28, 2018, 05:33:23 PM »
>"All of us?"
>Blink.
>"Not just him?"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #692 on: September 28, 2018, 05:41:59 PM »
>"All of us?"
>Blink.
>"Not just him?"

> "Well she dosen't think it's a good idea to leave him unattended; after all!" Kogasa says. "And this forest is her home anyway. She dosen't exactly like a band of youkai flying 'bout like they own the place."

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #693 on: September 28, 2018, 05:57:04 PM »
>"Hmm..."
>Look at Louise
>"We might have to come back to the forest some other time then... Would you be okay with that? We can go somewhere else in Gensokyo if you want."

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #694 on: September 28, 2018, 06:27:55 PM »
>"Hmm..."
>Look at Louise
>"We might have to come back to the forest some other time then... Would you be okay with that? We can go somewhere else in Gensokyo if you want."

> Louise's smile grows; and she tilts her head a bit.

> "Oh; it dosen't matter to me. I wanted to come here to investigate the fog around this forest. I have successfully achieved that. In fact, I think I've gathered some rather interesting secondary information."

> Mayina looks at Louise.

> "So you suspect the same as I do?" he asks. "That she was the one commanding those dolls?"

> "Oh Pandemonium no. The fact that there is someone in Gensokyo who can survive a Maisma of this level is what I find interesting!"

[NB: Pandemonium No is equivilent in Makai to Heavens no since it's Shinki's residence. Not Hell no. Hell no is... well... Hell no.]

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #695 on: September 28, 2018, 06:39:43 PM »
> "Marisa can survive the Miasma too and she is not Youkai"
> "Anyways want to check out the Youkai Forest instead?"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #696 on: September 28, 2018, 07:13:38 PM »
> "Marisa can survive the Miasma too and she is not Youkai"
> "Anyways want to check out the Youkai Forest instead?"

> "Intriguing. Two occurrences... is this a pattern? Is it just those who identify as magicians? Those do tend to be the ones who come to Makai and survive. Or perhaps those of Gensokyo are strong enough to survive in Makai. Hmm." Louise muses.

> "I was under the impression we were going to investigate the cave near the Shrine." Louise says.

> "Well; the Forest is on the way anyway. The Shrine is quite a way away." Mystia says.

> "We even go near the Misty Lake!" Cirno yells happily.

> "And the Human Villiage is between the two Forests." Wriggle points out.

> "We probobly shouldn't bring a daemon and a Makai Fairy there." Daiyousei suggests. "Not to mention Keine hardly responds well to us being there."

> "She's fine with me there~" Kogasa says.

> Mystia looks equal parts surprised and upset by that statement.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #697 on: September 28, 2018, 08:48:51 PM »
> "I think Keine over-reacts about us, but I agree we shouldn't go near the village with foreigners"
> "So lets skip the Human Village for now, so lets go investigate first the Youkai Forest then Misty Lake and then the Hakurei Shrine"
> Start heading in the general direction of the Youkai Forest
> Stay alert in case any more of those puppets are following us

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #698 on: September 28, 2018, 08:56:29 PM »
> "I think Keine over-reacts about us, but I agree we shouldn't go near the village with foreigners"
> "So lets skip the Human Village for now, so lets go investigate first the Youkai Forest then Misty Lake and then the Hakurei Shrine"
> Start heading in the general direction of the Youkai Forest
> Stay alert in case any more of those puppets are following us

> Everyone; except Kogasa, agrees.

> "Very well, as those locations are en-route to where I wish to go; it makes sense to visit there." Louise says.

> "And I shall be dragged out to the boonies where these... youkai live. Joy." Mayina complains.

> "What's in those places anyway? I hope they're not gonna be a BLEEP waste of my time." Donita asks.

> "It's where a lot of Fairies live..." Daiyousei says.

> "Oh, cool. UNDERLINGS!" the Makai fairy says. "Especially since Miss White over there threw my underlings back into Makai."

==

> You start heading towards the Youkai Forest. You instinctivly cover yourself with your darkness as you break the Maisma and Treeline; as it's now daylight.

> It's hard to tell if you are being followed. However, you doubt anyone can control those dolls from *that* far away.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2018, 08:58:26 PM by Raikaria »

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #699 on: September 28, 2018, 10:23:28 PM »
> Adjust darkness to make shade for our group
> "So, feeling any better Maynia?"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #700 on: September 28, 2018, 10:29:06 PM »
> Adjust darkness to make shade for our group
> "So, feeling any better Maynia?"

> You do this; but the other youkai aren't effected like you are by the daylight. You're a darkness youkai; after all. Daiyousei actually prefers the day, and while you don't know about Kogasa; she has an umbrella. Cirno is more temperature-based than day and night.  Mystia's fine in the day and does most of her... 'business' [Cons] during it. Wriggle prefers the night but dosen't get impacted anywhere near as badly as you do.

> Specifically; you get rashes and sunburn really fast, and you can even feel nausious if in the direct sun; un-shaded too long. Next to Vampires; you're probobly the most light-sensitive youkai in Gensokyo. Well; maybe those underground Youkai are just as bad.

> The daemon grunts in response; rubbing the back of his neck. "I guess it dosen't feel like I've been hit with a hammer anymore."
« Last Edit: September 28, 2018, 10:32:22 PM by Raikaria »

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #701 on: September 29, 2018, 12:20:17 AM »
> "Good to hear your doing better"
> Keep on going

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #702 on: September 29, 2018, 05:44:44 AM »
>Small talk time!
>"So Mayina, Louise, I'm a bit curious. Are demons immortal like gods or some forms of youkai, or do they have set lifespans? Also what's the culture of your world like, aside from what we already know?"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #703 on: September 29, 2018, 08:08:03 AM »
> "Good to hear your doing better"
> Keep on going

> There is no response.

>Small talk time!
>"So Mayina, Louise, I'm a bit curious. Are demons immortal like gods or some forms of youkai, or do they have set lifespans? Also what's the culture of your world like, aside from what we already know?"

> "I think Louise is best suited to answering this..." the daemon says with a sneer.

> Louise ignores the provocation. "Daemons cannot die of age. Not within Makai; at least. It's not uncommon for daemons seeking a peaceful death to leave Makai to do so, no longer sustained by the Maisma. Not that we keel over and die in a few days outside of Makai. It would take years, decades. The daemon would still live a life. It's most appropriate to compare a daemon living out of Makai to a Human. Especially as their magical power would be finite without an outside source. If they use the magic they brought with them... that's it."

> "And that disregards any daemons serving a powerful being in another world. Those ones leech off their master's magical power." Mayina states flatly. "If I recall, another of my kind is contracted in Gensokyo."

> "Exact culture varies from species to species. Hierarchy to Hierarchy. The constant however, is that Makai is a world of chaos and magic. Only in such a world can magic be so powerful. When it is unrestrained." Louise says, with almost reverence in her voice.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #704 on: September 29, 2018, 08:24:33 PM »
>"Interesting..."
>Turn to token male group member
>"So how old are you, then, Mayina? Out of curiosity."

//Not asking Louise because I'd rather not come off as unintentionally rude

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #705 on: September 29, 2018, 08:55:01 PM »
>"Interesting..."
>Turn to token male group member
>"So how old are you, then, Mayina? Out of curiosity."

//Not asking Louise because I'd rather not come off as unintentionally rude

> "What is the point of telling you my age? I doubt your calendar is the same as that of Makai. If you must know, I am young for my species."

> "And how young is that? I'll understand~" Louise teases.

> "368 Aeons and 26 Eons. What does that make you?"

> "A Lady dosen't tell." Louise responds. "Past a point you stop bothering to count anyway. But it seems I pegged you about right. A young boy questioning and rebelling against the status quo."

> "Figures."
« Last Edit: September 29, 2018, 08:56:51 PM by Raikaria »

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #706 on: September 29, 2018, 11:53:19 PM »
>"So.... he's like equivalent to a human in their early 20s, possibly late teens in demon years? Or am I underestimating?"

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #707 on: September 30, 2018, 07:00:00 AM »
> Do we have a faint idea of how old we are?  ... what if we get asked and don't know!? Embarrassing...

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #708 on: September 30, 2018, 06:18:50 PM »
>"So.... he's like equivalent to a human in their early 20s, possibly late teens in demon years? Or am I underestimating?"

> "I'm an adult at least!" Mayina says in a very irate tone.

> Do we have a faint idea of how old we are?  ... what if we get asked and don't know!? Embarrassing...

> It's very hard to count that high. Or remember that long. You know you're over 60, as you remember that flower event that Mystia and Cirno investigated and said happened every 60 years.

> They usually say Youkai get stronger with age however, so you recon by youkai standards you're pretty young, as you're pretty weak by youkai standards.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #709 on: September 30, 2018, 09:54:01 PM »
> Do we think we are older than the rest of Team 9?
> What are the oldest memories we have?

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #710 on: September 30, 2018, 10:05:56 PM »
> Do we think we are older than the rest of Team 9?
> What are the oldest memories we have?

> What's a Team 9? There's absolutely no way you are older than Cirno and Daiyousei, but since Wriggle and Mystia are animal-based youkai, you're probobly older than them.

> Unless Cirno and Dai's age resets when they pichuun... they do die after all...

> The first time you ate human.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #711 on: September 30, 2018, 10:15:28 PM »
> Was there anything other than food on our mind back then?
> "So, other than daemons and fairies are there any other species in Makai, like youkai or humans?"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #712 on: September 30, 2018, 10:30:35 PM »
> Was there anything other than food on our mind back then?
> "So, other than daemons and fairies are there any other species in Makai, like youkai or humans?"

> Not really. Darkness, food and perhaps fooling around.

> "There are fiends." Louise says. "They'd be the equivalent to animals. And as a world of magic; powerful Magicians from other worlds sometimes come to Makai."

> "Not to mention Wraiths." Mayina says.

> "Oh, so that's what you call them? In my dialect we call them Phantoms." Louise replies.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #714 on: October 01, 2018, 04:07:10 PM »
> "Anyone from Gensokyo?"

> "What do I look like? A Receptionist?" Louise asks in a not-very serious tone.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #715 on: October 01, 2018, 04:13:37 PM »
>"Sorry. I was only curious."
>Smile sheepishly.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #716 on: October 01, 2018, 04:42:41 PM »
>"Sorry. I was only curious."
>Smile sheepishly.

> Louise dosen't respond.

> You can see the... wait... you can't.

> The Human Village should be in that clearing there. It isn't.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #717 on: October 01, 2018, 07:20:52 PM »
>"Er... Wasn't there supposed to be a certain village of humans there? Or am I going crazy?"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #718 on: October 01, 2018, 07:36:56 PM »
>"Er... Wasn't there supposed to be a certain village of humans there? Or am I going crazy?"

> "I don't see it either!" Wriggle says.

> "Maybe it was destroyed." Mayina states coldly.

> "Wouldn't there be ruins then?" Donita asks.

> Mystia furrows her brow in thought. "I think Keine cast a spell and made it vanish on That Night. She thought it was in danger."

> Louise pulls the spectacles out of her bag again, and puts them on. "I do see quite a magical disturbance in that area. Temporal Magic... how fascinating! Such magic is almost unheard of even within Makai! I can detect three life-forms..."

> Louise looks confused.

> "OK... there's two different magical signals in the same body. And the other one there is... giving off an interesting magic. Whichever one of those is this 'Keine' must be quite powerful. And the third is distinctly from Makai, but is flickering in and out. It probobly hasn't fully managed to manifest like we have."

> "What are you babbling about?" Mayina demands.

> Louise cracks a large grin as she spins around to the daemon.

> "It appears Gensokyo is far more fascinating that I could have ever anticipated!"

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #719 on: October 01, 2018, 08:45:23 PM »
> "Wait, so a shadow figure is trying to appear!?"