Author Topic: Rumia Quest Revival - A New Beginning  (Read 134192 times)

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
Re: Rumia Quest Revival - A New Beginning
« Reply #510 on: September 18, 2018, 03:35:57 PM »
// Say Evil_Nazgul0616's line instead of mine
> Still pay close attention to him though, he might be like Louise and have heard of similar names to ours before

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #511 on: September 18, 2018, 04:15:02 PM »
>in response to Louise: "Aw..."
>"It's r-u-m-i-a, why did you want me to spell it?"

> Pay close attention to him when we say our name, facial expression etc

> You spell your name out.

> The deamon's face relaxes. "I thought you said something else... it sounded very... similar to something."

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #512 on: September 18, 2018, 04:19:34 PM »
> "Similar to ... what?"
> Wonder what made him anxious

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #513 on: September 18, 2018, 04:24:57 PM »
>"Yeah, Louise said my name was similar to some kind of legend in your world. Is that what you were worried about?"

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #514 on: September 18, 2018, 04:43:32 PM »
// When interrogating its an advantage to see what someone says before you give them some piece of information
// If you tell them right away you'll never know what they would have said if you hadn't told them as you can't "unsay" it well unless you use save-states
> Lets not say that thing about the legend, lets find out anything she knows first and if she doesn't then we can bring up the legend.  She might know something else and because we mention the legend she forgets about it and talks only about the story

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #515 on: September 18, 2018, 05:02:30 PM »
> "Similar to ... what?"
> Wonder what made him anxious

> "Something terrible." the orange-haired male says simply. "A living calamity."

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #516 on: September 18, 2018, 05:07:25 PM »
> Look a little worried
> "A calamity!?  Whats its name?"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #517 on: September 18, 2018, 05:29:32 PM »
> Look a little worried
> "A calamity!?  Whats its name?"

> The daemon looks hesitant.

> "Lumina" the deamon says after a few moments. He seems rather unhappy to have said the name.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #518 on: September 18, 2018, 05:35:19 PM »
>"Huh, that is kinda similar to my name... Interesting.... Anyway, let's cut to the chase: Why are you guys invading Gensokyo, and who do you work for, if any? I think I remember you saying this was a scouting mission, so I highly doubt you're the ringleader..."

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #519 on: September 18, 2018, 06:05:23 PM »
>"Huh, that is kinda similar to my name... Interesting.... Anyway, let's cut to the chase: Why are you guys invading Gensokyo, and who do you work for, if any? I think I remember you saying this was a scouting mission, so I highly doubt you're the ringleader..."

> "I guess I don't have much of a choice, although I am only a scout. I don't know the full picture." the daemon sighs. "I was ordered to find two things. The first was a powerful magical Grimoire that originates from Makai. The second was evidence that this world was not worth Lady Shinki's efforts."

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #520 on: September 18, 2018, 06:14:13 PM »
>"Wait, so your goddess is behind this? I thought she had a sort of 'Non-interference' policy regarding her creations so I assumed she wasn't ordering you and it was some radical faction on your end that was behind the attacks."

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #521 on: September 18, 2018, 06:24:32 PM »
>"Wait, so your goddess is behind this? I thought she had a sort of 'Non-interference' policy regarding her creations so I assumed she wasn't ordering you and it was some radical faction on your end that was behind the attacks."

> "Incorrect." the daemon complains. "I am not acting on her orders; my superior wants to find evidence to advise her to change her mind. She dosen't agree with what Lady Shinki wishes to do. The specifics are beyond my pay grade, however."

> "Well; who are you serving if not Lady Shinki then?" Louise asks.

> "I don't know. I was contracted by the Council of Greater Daemons, and received my orders by magical communication. All I know is that it's at least one bigwig in Makai. The Greater Daemons are the ones just below Lady Shinki herself in terms of ruling Makai, and usually answer directly to her or Yumeko."

> "This isn't good." Louise mutters.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #522 on: September 18, 2018, 06:42:24 PM »
>"So you have no idea what Shinki is going to do, then? Though your efforts are meant to dissuade her from whatever plan she has if I'm correct, right?"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #523 on: September 18, 2018, 06:46:33 PM »
>"So you have no idea what Shinki is going to do, then? Though your efforts are meant to dissuade her from whatever plan she has if I'm correct, right?"

> "No idea. I've was informed that the Goddess has a plan for Gensokyo however. Something at least someone in the know does not approve of.", the word Goddess almost being spat.

> The seals around his hands suddenly glow and tighten, Louise clutching her hand in a fist.

> "Do not take the Lady's name in vain." she commands.

> "Mindless sheep..." the deamon hisses quietly. You hardly heard; so you doubt Louise heard.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #524 on: September 18, 2018, 07:04:20 PM »
>Look to the others
>"We should definitely inform Reimu, Marisa or Sanae the next time we run into any of them... Hopefully one of them saw the magic explosion from afar and is already on their way."
>Turn back to the demon man.
>"Now, I don't believe I caught your name... Also, I assume Shinki's plan for this world isn't good, hence why you're looking for evidence to dissuade her... Are the other invading demons also a part of your cause, taking orders from the same guy or girl you work for, or are they trying to enact Shinki's plan?"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #525 on: September 18, 2018, 07:10:02 PM »
>Look to the others
>"We should definitely inform Reimu, Marisa or Sanae the next time we run into any of them... Hopefully one of them saw the magic explosion from afar and is already on their way."
>Turn back to the demon man.
>"Now, I don't believe I caught your name... Also, I assume Shinki's plan for this world isn't good, hence why you're looking for evidence to dissuade her... Are the other invading demons also a part of your cause, taking orders from the same guy or girl you work for, or are they trying to enact Shinki's plan?"

> Everyone very quickly agrees.

> "Good is in the eye of the beholder." the daemon chuckles. "But as I said; I don't know anything about anyone's plans, only that at least one high-ranking Daemon is opposing Shinki's actions; and they gave me my scouting orders, as well as orders to eliminate anyone who saw me. If I don't know anything else, why would I know what the others are up to?"

> "There is no way that Lady Shinki intends harm upon this world." Louise protests.

> "As for who I am? Mayina."

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #526 on: September 18, 2018, 07:29:58 PM »
>"Okay, so with the amount of details we have right now, either Shinki is planning something that could be harmful to Gensokyo and someone on the council disapproves and is therefore on our side in a way, or Shinki has a plan for this world that could be beneficial or neutral in nature and someone wants to sabotage that plan... We'd probably need to talk with someone higher up in the command chain to get the full picture, but I doubt any of them are the type to come out to our world and get their own hands dirty, and going into your world is right out because we'd be at a disadvantage on your turf. Not to mention the miasma..."
>Sigh, and look to the others.
>"What should we do with Mr. Mayina? Until we have a better picture of what's going on, we have no idea whose side he's on... Plus if we just tossed him through there's nothing stopping them from just ordering him to come back in a different location, potentially harming others in the process... Should we keep him with us as a prisoner for now, or perhaps hand him off to an incident resolver until the end of the incident? I mean, he doesn't seem that bad aside now that we've talked with him... aside from mass insect killing... he just seems to have been following orders, after all..."

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #527 on: September 18, 2018, 08:10:44 PM »
// I'm afraid that if we keep him here his superiors will notice the fact that he has not returned and send reinforcements to rescue him, which could be devastating to Gensokyo since they will all use rule-less danmaku
// Donaita was just about to return to him with data that she gathered, meaning he possibly was going to report back some time soon, so we should be careful delaying him
> "What were you ordered to do after finishing your reconnaissance mission on Gensokyo?"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #528 on: September 18, 2018, 08:27:19 PM »
[Going to answer Tom first since the order makes more sense that way]

// I'm afraid that if we keep him here his superiors will notice the fact that he has not returned and send reinforcements to rescue him, which could be devastating to Gensokyo since they will all use rule-less danmaku
// Donaita was just about to return to him with data that she gathered, meaning he possibly was going to report back some time soon, so we should be careful delaying him
> "What were you ordered to do after finishing your reconnaissance mission on Gensokyo?"

> "Whoever hired me would re-establish magical commune, and I would report back." Mayina explains simply.

>"Okay, so with the amount of details we have right now, either Shinki is planning something that could be harmful to Gensokyo and someone on the council disapproves and is therefore on our side in a way, or Shinki has a plan for this world that could be beneficial or neutral in nature and someone wants to sabotage that plan... We'd probably need to talk with someone higher up in the command chain to get the full picture, but I doubt any of them are the type to come out to our world and get their own hands dirty, and going into your world is right out because we'd be at a disadvantage on your turf. Not to mention the miasma..."
>Sigh, and look to the others.
>"What should we do with Mr. Mayina? Until we have a better picture of what's going on, we have no idea whose side he's on... Plus if we just tossed him through there's nothing stopping them from just ordering him to come back in a different location, potentially harming others in the process... Should we keep him with us as a prisoner for now, or perhaps hand him off to an incident resolver until the end of the incident? I mean, he doesn't seem that bad aside now that we've talked with him... aside from mass insect killing... he just seems to have been following orders, after all..."

> "A disadvantage? That is an understatement." Mayina scoffs.

> "We should keep him here and hand him over the Reimu." Wriggle says. "Drag him to the Hakurei Shrine when we go to that cave and let Reimu deal with him."

> "You think we can keep him subdued for that long?" Mystia asks.

> "It's very risky..." Daiyousei says.

> "I don't mind~" Kogasa says happily.

> Louise sighs. "Reminder that I'm the one keeping him sealed, and that I don't exactly have an infinite reserve of magical energy myself."

> "Yes; but he can't get his back either." Wriggle insists. "We should let Reimu exterminate him."

> "And what happens then if a resident of Makai has gone missing in Gensokyo?" Louise asks. "There's no worse way to provoke Lady Shinki. The legends tell of her kindness to the residents of Makai. I don't know if that would extend to other worlds if she's provoked."

> At this point; Donitia pops out of the cloud of red mist; which then vanishes. Louise starts absorbing more miasma as a result.

> The fairy slowly flies over to the orange-haired daemon; looking very angry and swearing profusely. Her flower-thing is crackleing with magic.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #529 on: September 18, 2018, 08:49:21 PM »
> "Donaita we defeated him, no reason to keep fighting"
> And wow Kogasa ... you are more like Sanae than you think...
> "If his boss sees he is missing they might send reinforcements to rescue him, which would be devastating to Gensokyo as they would use magical shots"

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #530 on: September 18, 2018, 09:04:24 PM »
>"But then again he might flag Gensokyo as a threat when he reports back and cause them to send reinforcements anyway."
>Turn to Wriggle
>"We're not going to have him exterminated. One, it could provoke Shinki as Louise said, and Two, extermination seems a bit disproportionate, considering he's only following orders. I bet under different circumstances he'd be pretty cool to hang around."
>Turn to Louise
>"Would Shinki's wrath be provoked if he was held in Gensokyo until the end of the incident, but treated well during his time here?"
>Turn to Mayina
>"What's the pecking order among demons like over there anyway? Would your boss punish you severely if they found out you gave us information? And would someone try to rescue you if you went missing, or are you, no offense, seen as expendable by your superiors?"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #531 on: September 18, 2018, 09:12:40 PM »
> "Donaita we defeated him, no reason to keep fighting"
> And wow Kogasa ... you are more like Sanae than you think...
> "If his boss sees he is missing they might send reinforcements to rescue him, which would be devastating to Gensokyo as they would use magical shots"

> "Who said I wanted to fight him, I want to make that BLEEP suffer for blowing me up!"

>"But then again he might flag Gensokyo as a threat when he reports back and cause them to send reinforcements anyway."
>Turn to Wriggle
>"We're not going to have him exterminated. One, it could provoke Shinki as Louise said, and Two, extermination seems a bit disproportionate, considering he's only following orders. I bet under different circumstances he'd be pretty cool to hang around."
>Turn to Louise
>"Would Shinki's wrath be provoked if he was held in Gensokyo until the end of the incident, but treated well during his time here?"
>Turn to Mayina
>"What's the pecking order among demons like over there anyway? Would your boss punish you severely if they found out you gave us information? And would someone try to rescue you if you went missing, or are you, no offense, seen as expendable by your superiors?"

> "It's a pretty bad situation." Daiyousei says.

> "But he exterminated all those insects..." Wriggle pouts.

> "Shinki wouldn't know what happened. All she'd know is someone is missing, she'd trace their magic to Gensokyo and who knows what could happen then." Louise explains.

> "It entirely depends on the situation and the Master." Mayila explains. "Given that I'm so thoroughly beaten already that I can't move, I would think my Master would consider that punishment enough. Perhaps just release me from their service for failure. There are very strict rules on servitude contracts in Makai. I would only need worry about my wellbeing if I hadn't performed the task to the best of my ability."

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #532 on: September 18, 2018, 09:25:14 PM »
> Condense our darkness a bit
> "So you say keeping you here will provoke Shinki's wrath and you want us to send you back.  How can we trust that you won't come back for another attack?"
> "Louise, can magical energy be traced to a person if they are under a powerful barrier spell?"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #533 on: September 18, 2018, 09:27:38 PM »
> Condense our darkness a bit
> "So you say keeping you here will provoke Shinki's wrath and you want us to send you back.  How can we trust that you won't come back for another attack?"
> "Louise, can magical energy be traced to a person if they are under a powerful barrier spell?"

> "You can't trust that; because it's out of my control. One in a servitude contract must do their Master's bidding." Mayina explains. "However; given my health... well. If my boss decides to take further action; it would likely happen regardless of my return.."

> "No magic can outdo that of Lady Shinki." Louise says.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #534 on: September 18, 2018, 09:34:58 PM »
> Louise must really think highly of Shinki
> Condense darkness further
> "What if you were to tell him everything is fine, and you are just investigating further?"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #535 on: September 18, 2018, 09:38:18 PM »
> Louise must really think highly of Shinki
> Condense darkness further
> "What if you were to tell him everything is fine, and you are just investigating further?"

> "If I were to lie to my Master; my tongue would catch fire and burn to cinders."

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #536 on: September 18, 2018, 09:39:14 PM »
>"Yikes... Would your boss be looking for you if we kept you here? Or would they just replace you with someone else?"
>"Are there ways to break a servitude contract? Or bind yourself to another, even temporarily? By the way, did you willingly enter this contract, or were you forced into it?"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #537 on: September 18, 2018, 09:47:26 PM »
>"Yikes... Would your boss be looking for you if we kept you here? Or would they just replace you with someone else?"
>"Are there ways to break a servitude contract? Or bind yourself to another, even temporarily? By the way, did you willingly enter this contract, or were you forced into it?"

> "They would know I am still alive. The magical contract would still exist. I do not know if they would care enough to look however. In all liklihood; they would either assume I am still looking; or I failed and send someone else."

> "A servitude contract is broken upon the Master releasing it, their death, or the magical power of the servant surpassing the Master." the daemon explains. "And as for willingness, it is common for those who are weaker in Makai to enter the service of those who are stronger, for both protection and finance."

[NB: Makai's 'servitude' is actually rather feudal in nature, rather than slavery. The 'servants' are like Vassals under a Lord. And yes; this means a Master can also be a Servant.]
« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 09:49:39 PM by Raikaria »

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #538 on: September 18, 2018, 09:58:10 PM »
>"Huh, interesting. You know, your world's culture is honestly intriguing, if the air wasn't lethal and you guys weren't trying to invade Gensokyo I'd totally check the place out if I could."
>"Hmm... are there loopholes in the contract that could be exploited then that would allow us to send you back and not have to worry about retaliation, or that would allow us to temporarily keep you here without having to worry about a search party?"
>"You said you were on a scouting mission, right?"

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #539 on: September 18, 2018, 09:59:17 PM »
// So it's like Shikigami like Ran who is one herself but also has Chen
> "Also Louise, how are you holding up with the portal?"