Author Topic: Rumia Quest Revival - A New Beginning  (Read 134318 times)

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
Re: Rumia Quest Revival - A New Beginning
« Reply #210 on: August 28, 2018, 09:42:09 PM »
>"Is everyone ready?"

> Everyone replies with different brands of enthusiasm.

> Cirno gives by far the loudest and most excited response; doing as close to jumping up and down an airborne fairy can do; while waving both arms around.

> Mystia and Wriggle are next; with standard cheers.

> Kogasa seems a little bit apprehensive; and cheers after Wriggle and Mystia.

> Daiyousei gives a feeble "Yeah." and looks shy.

> Louise just nods and smiles. Although perhaps a big hearty cheer wouldn't do so well with her teacup. She could spill it.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #211 on: August 29, 2018, 03:36:56 AM »
> Off to Youkai Mountain it is then!
> Of course pay close attention to our surroundings and any landmarks we pass by on the way there.
> "So, anyone here know anything about Youkai Mountain?"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #212 on: August 29, 2018, 10:20:53 PM »
> Off to Youkai Mountain it is then!
> Of course pay close attention to our surroundings and any landmarks we pass by on the way there.
> "So, anyone here know anything about Youkai Mountain?"

> You begin on your flight to Youkai Mountain.

> "Isn't that where those Tengu live?" Wriggle asks.

> "Yeah; I'm sure Aya lives there." Mystia says. "Along with the other Tengu; of course."

> "We should be careful there..." Kogasa says. sheepishly. "Not everyone who lives at Youkai Mountain is nice."

> "Oh... I knew this wasn't a good idea." Daiyousei squeaks.

> "Don't worry; if someone's not nice to us I'll beat em up!" Cirno says proudly.

> After a short flight; you see a familar figure fly past. She flies past; and then stops; does a double-take and reverses, looking at you curiously.

> Marisa Kirisame
> Magicial Girl of Astral Patterns

> Marisa; after a few seconds, points towards your group.

> "This is a strange gathering of small-fry. Do I know any of you guys?"

> Cirno in particular seems offended by this remark; to the point Daiyousei is actually holding her back and covering her mouth. Wriggle and Mystia look a little dejected. Kogasa seems unaware of the insult; and Louise just looks mildly amused.

> Marisa proceeds to point at Louise in particular.

> "And you certainly are not some regular youkai; are you their ringleader or something? Does this gathering of small-fry have anything to do with the incident... or is it just small-fry banding together for protection from those things?"

> Marisa seems to be pondering this rather seriously.

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #213 on: August 30, 2018, 03:32:31 AM »
> "Its obviously safer to travel in groups, you should too!  No one is really safe when the Spell Card Rules are not in effect"
> "By the way we are distributing these flyers"
> Show her the flyer
> "But I guess you already know since you and Reimu are like ... friends"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #214 on: August 30, 2018, 09:34:26 PM »
> "Its obviously safer to travel in groups, you should too!  No one is really safe when the Spell Card Rules are not in effect"
> "By the way we are distributing these flyers"
> Show her the flyer
> "But I guess you already know since you and Reimu are like ... friends"

> "I don't need anyone in my way~" Marisa says happily. "If one of those things wants to fight me, I'll just blast it with my magic."

> You show Marisa one of the notices. She laughs.

> "What does that Reimu mean 'especially you Marisa?'." the witch says. "I'm always perfectly reasonable. It's always reasonable to send a message, right?"

> Marisa looks at you like you are some kind of idiot. "Reimu? She's annoying and won't let me solve incidents my own way. We've fought at least ten times. I recon the only reason she hasn't exterminated me like she does to you youkai is because I'm an ordinary human."

[OCC: Assumeing Reimu routes are canon and we don't have something like Mima canon in PoDD; we have SoEW; PoDD; LLS; IMMP; IN; PoFV; SWR; HM; ULiL and AoCF. And I've not played the fighting games so I don't know if it's a continuous story; particularly in ULiL which had a prologue, which may push Reimu v Marisa to over 10 fights.

Also probobly worth noting I'll try and keep game events as they were where possible, and this is occurring after Hidden Star.]
« Last Edit: August 30, 2018, 09:41:13 PM by Raikaria »

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #215 on: August 31, 2018, 04:27:31 AM »
>"And Louise here isn't our ringleader, by the way. We're giving her a tour of Gensokyo while we distribute the flyers and stuff."

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #216 on: August 31, 2018, 05:38:52 AM »
// OOC: I assume exterminate means punishing incident instigators?  Cause Reimu hasn't sealed any youkai in the canon Reimu routes since EoSD and possibly before that

> "What is your own way of solving incidents?"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #217 on: August 31, 2018, 05:43:34 PM »
>"And Louise here isn't our ringleader, by the way. We're giving her a tour of Gensokyo while we distribute the flyers and stuff."

> This makes Marisa curious.

> "A tour of Gensokyo? So she's not from here?"

// OOC: I assume exterminate means punishing incident instigators?  Cause Reimu hasn't sealed any youkai in the canon Reimu routes since EoSD and possibly before that

> "What is your own way of solving incidents?"

[OCC: In most cases yes; although Reimu *does* kill Youkai in severe situations. She killed a human-turned youkai in WaHH [I think it was WaHH? It was one of the more recent mangas] because she couldn't set an example allowing humans to choose to become Youkai. 'Extermination' used to mean killing; but in Reimu's time and since the Spellcard rules it's just severe punishment.]

> "Now now then; if I told ya you'd know how to prepare if you caused an incident, right?" Marisa says. "Of course; those involved in an incident find out as well. And with this mysterious lady in white who's not from Gensokyo... well..."

> Louise drains her teacup and places it inside her suitcase, before adjusting her hat and looking at Marisa; her eyes actually being open for a moment; glareing yellow and giving her a very intimidating look. This lasts but a mere moment before her eyes close and she smiles like normal.

> "Do you think Gensokyo as the only wonderland? Gensokyo is the Eastern Wonderland. I'm merely a tourist from the Western one. What with the continued restriction of Fantasy by Reality; it's probobly a good time for denizens of different Fantasy to get to know each other better; right?"
« Last Edit: August 31, 2018, 05:48:14 PM by Raikaria »

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #218 on: August 31, 2018, 05:46:09 PM »
>"Oh, Louise isn't involved with the incident. Don't worry. Those things attacking people look completely different."
>Only parse this if another player approves of it.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2018, 05:54:58 PM by Evil_Nazgul0616 »

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #219 on: August 31, 2018, 05:46:40 PM »
//edited

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #220 on: August 31, 2018, 05:49:06 PM »
[I accidentally posted without replying to Tom's incident part and fixed it, as well as adding a bit that addresses the combination of the two. You might want to post something else based on Louise/Marisa's exchange.

I mean it dosen't invalidate your commands but you might have something else to add.]
« Last Edit: August 31, 2018, 05:50:51 PM by Raikaria »

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #221 on: August 31, 2018, 05:55:31 PM »
//edited.

//To Tom and any other players: Does that look fine to you?

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #222 on: September 01, 2018, 01:41:57 AM »
// I don't want to draw attention to Louise which may not be possible if Marisa is the Youkai Mountain midboss
> "I could cause an incident just to find out"
> Don't reveal her name, instead say she is just a youkai we met, if she wants to she can speak for herself

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #223 on: September 01, 2018, 08:04:06 PM »
>"Oh, Louise isn't involved with the incident. Don't worry. Those things attacking people look completely different."
>Only parse this if another player approves of it.

// I don't want to draw attention to Louise which may not be possible if Marisa is the Youkai Mountain midboss
> "I could cause an incident just to find out"
> Don't reveal her name, instead say she is just a youkai we met, if she wants to she can speak for herself

> "Don't do that." Marisa says flatly. "You'll have to hope I get to you before Reimu does."

> You tell Marisa that Louise is a Youkai you met.

> The witch still seems suspicious of Louise.

> However; at this point Cirno breaks free of Daiyousei and loudly yells. "Don't you remember fighting me!" and starts to launch icicle danmaku at Marisa.

> Marisa laughs and starts chasing after Cirno as she flies off past Marisa launching Icicles. You hear Marisa say "Oh; I didn't recognize you without that tan!"

> "Well; it seems the idiot did something useful." Louise comments happily.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #224 on: September 01, 2018, 09:46:25 PM »
>Chuckle a bit.
>"I guess. Though wouldn't call her that to her face. She doesn't like it people call her that."

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #225 on: September 01, 2018, 10:40:52 PM »
>Chuckle a bit.
>"I guess. Though wouldn't call her that to her face. She doesn't like it people call her that."

> "People tend to react badly to the truth. I was concerned that nature spirit would not be wise enough to realize I was lying to the human about my origins. Things could have gone badly had she realized I come from Makai."

> Louise pauses.

> "Is it common for that young woman to forget people she has met before? Or is she just rude?"

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #226 on: September 01, 2018, 11:11:08 PM »
>"Who? Marisa?"

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #227 on: September 02, 2018, 05:40:12 AM »
> Make mental note not to accidentally reveal where Louise is from since she stated things could turn out bad for us.  Especially with how the incident solvers like to generalize anyone seen with a suspect is probably an accomplice... we haven't done anything wrong but we know very well how incident solvers attack innocent suspects until they find the instigator.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #228 on: September 02, 2018, 07:50:31 AM »
>"Who? Marisa?"

> "Yes. It seemed from your reactions that you have all met her before." Louise replies. "Except maybe the umbrella."

> "I've met her. Three times!" Kogasa says happily. "I just didn't react to try and surprise her. I thought she was trying to get a reaction from us."

> "Wait you've met Marisa three times?" Mystia asks.

> "Yep. And she beat me up every time as well!" Kogasa chimes. "Two of them were in the same day!"

> "Why do you seem *happy* about that?" Wriggle comments.

> "Because I surprised her the second time."

> Wriggle and Mystia both sigh.

> Make mental note not to accidentally reveal where Louise is from since she stated things could turn out bad for us.  Especially with how the incident solvers like to generalize anyone seen with a suspect is probably an accomplice... we haven't done anything wrong but we know very well how incident solvers attack innocent suspects until they find the instigator.

> You all have experienced what happens if you get in Reimu or Marisa's way. It was rather unusual for Marisa to not shoot first instead of asking questions, from both your prior experience and her reputation.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #229 on: September 03, 2018, 03:45:22 AM »
> So did Marisa fly away?
If were clear from her:
> "Well that could have been worse..."

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #230 on: September 03, 2018, 01:22:15 PM »
> So did Marisa fly away?
If were clear from her:
> "Well that could have been worse..."

> Marisa has flown away after Cirno.

> "A lot worse..." Wriggle complains.

> Daiyousei nods while shivering.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #231 on: September 04, 2018, 02:50:57 AM »
> Alright onwards
> "Cirno will be fine right?"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #232 on: September 04, 2018, 07:39:01 AM »
> Alright onwards
> "Cirno will be fine right?"

> You all continue to travel onwards

> "She's a fairy." Wriggle says. "Even if she's not fine; she'll be fine."

> "Does Cirno know her way home from here?" Mystia asks.

> "Cirno's been all over Gensokyo and always found her way back home." Daiyousei answers. "Although I'm not sure if it's by knowing her way or luck."

> You are now crossing the farmlands around the foot of Youkai Mountain. You can see various youkai tending the land around the river that flows from the mountain to the Misty Lake. At the foot of the mountain proper; to about a thirds of the way up, is a forest, although the river's route is clear. The include is very gradual at this point. The mountain becomes rockier above this point, and there is then a sharp cliff and waterfall. Above that point, the incline steepens all the way to the snow-capped peak.

> From your knowledge of Youkai Mountain via the Bunbunmaru, you know the two main settlements; the Kappa and Tengu villages, are both along the river. Specifically; the Kappa live below the Waterfall while the Tengu are above it.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #233 on: September 04, 2018, 04:03:47 PM »
> "We can ask Cirno about her battle with Marisa later, besides besides didn't she say she won against Marisa once in the past?"
> "We want to get a good view right, let's head for the top"
> Go for the snow covered area, look for any plateau flat area to land on

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #234 on: September 04, 2018, 08:31:47 PM »
> "We can ask Cirno about her battle with Marisa later, besides besides didn't she say she won against Marisa once in the past?"
> "We want to get a good view right, let's head for the top"
> Go for the snow covered area, look for any plateau flat area to land on

> "Cirno says a lot of things." Daiyousei replies.

> You start flying towards the top of the mountain. Even despite your ability to fly as a youkai; this is a fair distance, and not an easy flight.

> The winds are getting stronger as you ascend. You manage to spot the Kappa and Tengu Villages as you ascend.

> As you are nearing the summit, Kogasa starts to look very hesitant. At this point, it's getting rather difficult to fly against the winds.

> You can see a shrine by a lake. This shrine looks somehow grander than the Hakurei Shrine. Why there would be a shrine this close to the peak of a mountain is beyond you.

> A barrier with a five-pointed star pattern upon it appears blocking your progression up the mountain. Moments later; a green-haired girl dressed in a similar, but not identical fashion to Reimu flies in your way. She looks excited. The attire; the presence of the Shrine, the use of a barrier and the fact she's holding something like a Gohei give away she is a Miko.

> "I haven't seen most of you Youkai before." the Miko says. "The only reason for you to have come this high up the mountain would be to offer your faith to the Moriya Shrine, yes?"

> Kogasa looks terrified for some reason.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2018, 08:33:43 PM by Raikaria »

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #235 on: September 04, 2018, 08:35:48 PM »
>Try to comfort Kogasa.
>"Is something wrong?"

>Address Green Reimu the miko:
>"Actually, no. We're actually giving our friend in the white hat here a tour of Gensokyo, and we thought she would get a pretty good view from the mountain summit."

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #236 on: September 04, 2018, 08:54:53 PM »
>Try to comfort Kogasa.
>"Is something wrong?"

>Address Green Reimu the miko:
>"Actually, no. We're actually giving our friend in the white hat here a tour of Gensokyo, and we thought she would get a pretty good view from the mountain summit."

> "Sadism..." Kogasa says very quietly.

> The Miko's smile falls somewhat. The winds get a bit stronger. At this point, you can tell that there is something off about this Human. She's clearly a Human still; but she smells and is giving off a different magic to humans you usually see. Even Reimu, another Miko. Unlike regular humans; who make you feel a little bit hungry, as youkai naturally feel around humans, this human's presence is doing nothing to your appetite.

> "Well; you must be tried after flying all the way up here, you should at least come inside and get some rest... visit the Shrine while you're here."

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #237 on: September 04, 2018, 09:04:00 PM »
>"Did she... do something to you?"

>"I don't mind either way, what do you all want to do?"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #238 on: September 04, 2018, 09:52:16 PM »
>"Did she... do something to you?"

>"I don't mind either way, what do you all want to do?"

"It's not what she did..." Kogasa says.

> "I don't think it's a bad idea..." Wriggle says.

> "I'm not sure if Fairies can even give faith..." Daiyousei wonders.

> "I'm not exactly big on religion; else Hijiri would probobly have converted me by now." Mystia comments.

> Louise looks at the Miko for a few moments.

> "I doubt your patron Deity is worth anything compared to mine."

> "Deities." the Miko says.

> "Then that confirms it. They must be weak Gods if there are more than one of them. Where I come from there is only a single, absolute Goddess with absolute power and authority."

> The Miko looks visibly annoyed by this for a moment, before she suddenly looks interested, as if realizing something.

> "Where you come from? So you're not from Gensokyo? Are you an alien?" the Miko asks very excitedly.

> The winds become weaker but also change in direction.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #239 on: September 04, 2018, 09:56:06 PM »
>"Well if she tries anything, just know that I'll have your back."
>Smile.

>Allow Louise to explain if she decides to do so.