Author Topic: Rumia Quest Revival - A New Beginning  (Read 132490 times)

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
Re: Rumia Quest Revival - A New Beginning
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2018, 06:44:20 PM »
>"Huh. Weird..."
>Step closer to Mystia
>"Are you alright, Mystia? We found you unconscious when we got here..."

> "It does seem strange." Wriggle remarks from behind you.

> Mystia gets up and dusts herself off. "I'm going to ache in the next evening." Mystia groaned. "What gives with that thing attacking me without warning anyway? I was just minding my own business, practising my songs and all of a sudden that thing appears and is shooting at me..."

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2018, 06:04:06 AM »
>"Is that so? Did you get a good look at it?"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2018, 09:08:59 AM »
>"Is that so? Did you get a good look at it?"

> "I don't think it was possible to get a good look at it. It looked like when you throw a stone into the Misty Lake and then try to look at your own reflection." Mystia explains. "It felt... like it shouldn't be here."

> "It definitely didn't seem to have the same magic as someone from Gensokyo." Kogasa adds.

> Wriggle pulls out the Bunbunmaru, and shows Kogasa and Mystia the picture. "Did it look like this?"

> "Kinda." Mystia remarks. "But it did look different as well. It wasn't a redhead, it had blonde hair. At least; I think it was hair. Hard to tell when it looks so... strange."

> "Like you. Again." Kogasa says. "Sorry gain about mistaking you for the thing by the way."

> Kogasa pauses; before she makes a playful face and sticks out her tongue. "Did me attacking you surprise you by any chance~"
« Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 09:12:04 AM by Raikaria »

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2018, 09:14:18 AM »
>Blink.
>"Uh... Was it supposed to?"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2018, 10:44:31 PM »
>Blink.
>"Uh... Was it supposed to?"

> Kogasa suddenly looks crestfallen.

> "How come people surprise me by attacking me but me attacking others dosen't surprise them..." she mutters sadly.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2018, 10:50:45 PM »
>"Well to be fair we saw danmaku being fired from a distance so i was sorta expecting to be attacked"
>Sweat.
>"But don't be so down. I mean I'm sure there's plenty of ways to surprise people other than just attacking. Besides, surprise is all about being unexpected and getting the jump on people, right? Maybe you could hide in a dark corner somewhere and jump out at people."
>Smile a bit.
>"You know... that gives me an idea."

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #36 on: June 03, 2018, 09:27:51 PM »
>"Well to be fair we saw danmaku being fired from a distance so i was sorta expecting to be attacked"
>Sweat.
>"But don't be so down. I mean I'm sure there's plenty of ways to surprise people other than just attacking. Besides, surprise is all about being unexpected and getting the jump on people, right? Maybe you could hide in a dark corner somewhere and jump out at people."
>Smile a bit.
>"You know... that gives me an idea."

> Kogasa looks a little bit more cheerful as she looks up at you curiously.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #37 on: June 04, 2018, 12:36:41 AM »
>"You see..."
>step back from kogasa (float back if we're flying) enough so that she would be outside the radius of our darkness sphere if we activated it.
>then summon our darkness sphere, make sure not to accidentally cover kogasa with it.
>"...I happen to be a walking dark corner! What if you hid in here with me sometime? People that know me will totally expect me if they saw this, but they wouldn't expect you at all!"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #38 on: June 04, 2018, 07:09:52 PM »
>"You see..."
>step back from kogasa (float back if we're flying) enough so that she would be outside the radius of our darkness sphere if we activated it.
>then summon our darkness sphere, make sure not to accidentally cover kogasa with it.
>"...I happen to be a walking dark corner! What if you hid in here with me sometime? People that know me will totally expect me if they saw this, but they wouldn't expect you at all!"

> Your darkness is already there, it's just wide enough that you can see in it. You condense it however to make your immediare area darker. You can hardly see.

> Kogasa tilts her head and umbrella to the side, before she suddenly jumps towards you and into your darkness, violating your personal space while doing so.

> She then turns around, jumps out and you hear her yell 'Surprise' towards Wriggle and Mystia.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #39 on: June 04, 2018, 07:27:32 PM »
>Giggle a bit.
>"It won't work if they see you jump in. You have to make sure they don't know that you're in here before you jump out at them."
>"on the bright side you actually surprised me that time, I didn't expect you to immediately jump in here and get so close to me."
>smile at kogasa, uncondense the darkness a bit if we have to so she can see.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #40 on: June 04, 2018, 10:14:57 PM »
>Giggle a bit.
>"It won't work if they see you jump in. You have to make sure they don't know that you're in here before you jump out at them."
>"on the bright side you actually surprised me that time, I didn't expect you to immediately jump in here and get so close to me."
>smile at kogasa, uncondense the darkness a bit if we have to so she can see.

> "Oh..." you hear Kogasa say.

> Kogasa proceeds to make a sound that can only be described as exceedingly happy.

> You turn out to not need to spread your darkness, since Kogasa promptly jumps back in and looks like an excited kid.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #41 on: June 04, 2018, 10:28:37 PM »
>ponder people we know that would be vulnerable to a sudden umbrella leaping out of the darkness

>how well can we see through our current level of darkness?

>if we can see them, what are our friends up to?

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #42 on: June 05, 2018, 08:18:11 PM »
> Does having our darkness bubble engaged exhaust us in any way or is it natural/always available?

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #43 on: June 05, 2018, 09:01:24 PM »
>ponder people we know that would be vulnerable to a sudden umbrella leaping out of the darkness

>how well can we see through our current level of darkness?

>if we can see them, what are our friends up to?

> Cirno certainly would be, as would Daiyousei.

> Not very well. You can make out vague shapes and some color.

> With Kogasa in the way; and in your sphere, you can't tell.

> Does having our darkness bubble engaged exhaust us in any way or is it natural/always available?

> Darkness Bubble is a passive. It's always there; it's just a question of how large an area you are spreading it out over. You can spread it out far enough that it only makes the area a tiny bit dimmer. Or you can condense it enough that it is just further than your armspan, at which point it's pitch-black and you can't see. Your default state is a little less condensed than this.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #44 on: June 07, 2018, 03:02:44 AM »
>"Hey, want to see what Cirno and Daiyousei are up to?"
>Whisper to Kogasa: "They'd be perfect for testing my idea on too."

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #45 on: June 07, 2018, 07:29:39 AM »
> Make a mischievous looking face while saying that

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #46 on: June 07, 2018, 08:03:10 AM »
>"Hey, want to see what Cirno and Daiyousei are up to?"
>Whisper to Kogasa: "They'd be perfect for testing my idea on too."

> Make a mischievous looking face while saying that

> "It's probobly a good idea to check up on them." Mystia says. "If I got attacked maybe they might have."

> Kogasa looks curiously at you.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #47 on: June 08, 2018, 03:03:01 AM »
>"Should we head for the lake then?"
>"You can come too if you want Kogasa."
>Whisper to her: "I'd recommend it. I can introduce you to Cirno and Daiyousei, and you'd also get a good opportunity to surprise them."

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #48 on: June 08, 2018, 09:29:14 PM »
>"Should we head for the lake then?"
>"You can come too if you want Kogasa."
>Whisper to her: "I'd recommend it. I can introduce you to Cirno and Daiyousei, and you'd also get a good opportunity to surprise them."

> No-one disagrees; so Wriggle starts to lead the way towards the Lake. Luckily; even in your nearly fully condensed sphere; you can easily make out her Fireflies.

> Kogasa hesitates for a few moments; before she starts following you. Mystia is bringing up the rear of your group, flying slower than normal due to her battering.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #49 on: June 08, 2018, 09:45:03 PM »

>Small talk is key to learning about our new friend. Besides, we probably have a while to go before we get there.
>"So what do you do for a living, Kogasa?"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #50 on: June 09, 2018, 10:20:22 PM »
>Small talk is key to learning about our new friend. Besides, we probably have a while to go before we get there.
>"So what do you do for a living, Kogasa?"

> Kogasa looks a little bemused.

> "I... surprise people?" she says.

> She speaks much quieter; looking timid and not making eye contact with any of you. "Well; I try to."

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #51 on: June 10, 2018, 06:04:50 PM »
>"Hey don't feel bad. You just need to get better, and that's what I'm going to help you do!"
>Smile.
>"But is that all you do though? Like, do you have any hobbies or something?"
>Can we pick out trees through our darkness right now? We don't want those evil things getting the jump on us...

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #52 on: June 12, 2018, 07:22:33 PM »
>"Hey don't feel bad. You just need to get better, and that's what I'm going to help you do!"
>Smile.
>"But is that all you do though? Like, do you have any hobbies or something?"
>Can we pick out trees through our darkness right now? We don't want those evil things getting the jump on us...

> Kogasa sheepishly smiles back.

> Kogasa looks a little unsure. "Well... I sometimes do danmaku fights... and I sometimes fly around in the skies."

> You can make out trees. They are large darker areas. Of course you can see a tree in the dark...

> You bump into a tree. You hear Wriggle and Kogasa both chuckle a little.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #53 on: June 12, 2018, 07:48:16 PM »
>"I-It's not funny! They're evil and out to get me I tell you!"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #54 on: June 13, 2018, 09:35:57 PM »
>"I-It's not funny! They're evil and out to get me I tell you!"

> "I guess trees aren't good for anything but being in the way." Kogasa says. "But you're a youkai; can't you see in the dark? That's strange."

> "Rumia can't." Wriggle says. "It is a little strange."

> "But she's not a human or a fairy, so she must be a Youkai." Mystia says. "But Youkai can see in the dark. We can even see in her darkness, so it's not just her own powers. It's not like my Night-Blindness."

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #55 on: June 14, 2018, 06:47:22 AM »
>"Yeah... kinda silly huh... that a youkai with darkness powers can't see in the dark. It's unfair, really..."

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #56 on: June 14, 2018, 09:45:04 PM »
>"Yeah... kinda silly huh... that a youkai with darkness powers can't see in the dark. It's unfair, really..."

> "Well; I'm a youkai who's power is to surprise people and yet I'm awful at it." Kogasa says. "Maybe she's a young youkai like I am?"

> The devilish trees are starting to thin out now; indicating that you are approaching the lake. Assuming Wriggle's gone the right way. Wriggle usually does.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #57 on: June 15, 2018, 06:19:59 AM »
//It feels lonely being the only player...

>"Maybe... Though sometimes I wonder if it's something to do with this..."
>Point to our ribbon/amulet.
>"It burns me whenever I try to touch it. I can't remember where it came from or why it's there though. I've had it for as long as I can remember. Anyway we're getting close to the Lake. Kogasa, I'm going to make my darkness thicker so you can hide inside."
>Thicken darkness, don't completely obstruct our vision though.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #58 on: June 16, 2018, 07:15:00 AM »
//It feels lonely being the only player...

>"Maybe... Though sometimes I wonder if it's something to do with this..."
>Point to our ribbon/amulet.
>"It burns me whenever I try to touch it. I can't remember where it came from or why it's there though. I've had it for as long as I can remember. Anyway we're getting close to the Lake. Kogasa, I'm going to make my darkness thicker so you can hide inside."
>Thicken darkness, don't completely obstruct our vision though.

[Yeah; I'm giving a larger amount of time betweern updates in vase someone else pops in. That said; talking with Kogasa while flying to the Lake probobly isn't the most interesting topic]

> "I don't understand why you're always claiming it's something to do with that ribbon." Wriggle says. "We can touch it just fine."

> "Yeah but we can't get it off her either Wriggle." Mystia replies.

> "I'm not sure why a ribbon would make someone unable to see." Kogasa says, a little confused. She then touches the ribbon and pulls to test Mystia's statement. The ribbon dosen't move, so Kogasa ends up just tugging your hair rather sharply.

> You make the darkness as condensed as you can while still being able to actually cover Kogasa [as dense as you can make your darkness is just past your armspan in diameter; at that point it's pitch black and even sunlight cannot penetrate it at all.]

> As you do this; you arrive at the Misty Lake.

===

> While you can't really see much due to the darkness right now, you can't hear the usual sounds of the large fairy population frolicking around. That is not normal. The Misty Lake has the greatest number of Fairies of anywhere in Gensokyo. Fairies are generally loud, playful and always doing something. The Misty Lake is not usually a quiet place.

> "W-w-what happened here?" Wriggle says.

> Mystia lets out a chirp of surprise when she enters the clearing from behind you. Kogasa dosen't react; likely because she can't see with you in front of her and she's still hiding.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #59 on: June 16, 2018, 07:52:21 AM »
>"Huh?"
>Uncondense the darkness slightly to see.
>Have we ever tried actually cutting off the hair that the ribbon is tied to?