Author Topic: Rumia Quest Revival - A New Beginning  (Read 134741 times)

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
Re: Rumia Quest Revival - A New Beginning
« Reply #960 on: November 04, 2018, 10:07:07 PM »
// edit

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #961 on: November 04, 2018, 10:46:51 PM »
> Don't use our hands to tear it off, it could burn us

> Take our signature T pose and try the following
> Try Demarcation on the Seal and collapse the barrier onto itself
> Fire a lethal laser directly on to a talisman
> Fire lethal lasers from each hand just outside the edge of the talismans

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #962 on: November 04, 2018, 10:54:22 PM »
>"Well then, if all are in favor..."
>Reach for a talisman
>"Reimu's gonna kill us if she finds out.."
>Deep breath
>Attempt to tear it off as fast as possible.

>Abort the above if a party member objects.

> "I'm sure she'll understand if we explain the situation..." Mystia says.

> Don't use our hands to tear it off, it could burn us

> Take our signature T pose and try the following
> Try Demarcation on the Seal and collapse the barrier onto itself
> Fire a lethal laser directly on to a talisman
> Fire lethal lasers from each hand just outside the edge of the talismans

[NB: If you're firing at something inanimate; it's a given you're not using danmaku]

> You attempt to collapse the seal onto itself using Demarcation. The seal is FAR too powerful for your simple barrier spell to effect. [It would be one of those situations like in D+D even if you rolled a natural 20 you'd still fail. The task is impossible]

> You fire a laser directly at the talisman closest to you. The talisman is undamaged. Possibly the barrier is also protecting the talisman.

> You fire a laser from each hand near two of the talismans, and this seems to do some damage to the rock wall that the talismans are on, cracking it slightly.

> Clownpiece, noticing this, comes over and says "Let me at it; I'm good with lasers!"

[Pretty much back where we were. If you wanna try ripping one off before letting Piece take over; or don't want her to at all, go ahead.]
« Last Edit: November 04, 2018, 10:55:59 PM by Raikaria »

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #963 on: November 04, 2018, 10:56:18 PM »
>"wait, let me try one last thing"
>Attempt to physically tear the nearest one off, if we're quick about it it shouldn't hurt much

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #964 on: November 04, 2018, 11:16:38 PM »
> Pay attention to what we feel when we touch it, have we ever felt something like that before?

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #965 on: November 04, 2018, 11:19:20 PM »
>"wait, let me try one last thing"
>Attempt to physically tear the nearest one off, if we're quick about it it shouldn't hurt much

> You reach to try and tear a talisman off.

> There is certainly some kind of repulsion barrier around it, and it's difficult to tear off. However, the talisman dosen't burn you like it did Louise, but instead it's very painful to touch. As if your arm is being electrified., while being stabbed by pins and needles. By the time you throw the thing on the ground the muscles in your arm are spasaming in protest and you can't even feel your twitching hand.

> Pay attention to what we feel when we touch it, have we ever felt something like that before?

> You've not felt anything quite like this. Even the talismans Reimu's thrown at you before didn't hurt close to this much. And danmaku is 'submission through pain' rather than injury. You get the feeling she holds back in danmaku after feeling that talisman.

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #966 on: November 04, 2018, 11:28:32 PM »
> So all the times we have been defeated by Reimu she was holding back?!  Ponder on this thought for a moment
> Try not to lose composure
> "Clownpiece you can give it a try with the lasers"

> As a Youkai what is our source of power?

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #967 on: November 04, 2018, 11:36:35 PM »
>"a-ah... that was painful... Did it hurt worse for you when you tried that, Miss Louise?"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #968 on: November 04, 2018, 11:40:56 PM »
>"a-ah... that was painful... Did it hurt worse for you when you tried that, Miss Louise?"

> "I can't tell exactly how much pain you felt, but it seems the physical effects were significantly worse for me. It's likly the talismans are worse for my species since, well, we're not of Gensokyo. None of your fair play rules." Louise says.

> So all the times we have been defeated by Reimu she was holding back?!  Ponder on this thought for a moment
> Try not to lose composure
> "Clownpiece you can give it a try with the lasers"

> As a Youkai what is our source of power?

> It's a scary through... but it's also calming. Maybe she really dosen't want to hurt her enemies.

> It varies quite a lot from youkai to youkai, however in general, it's intake of magical energy. Usually by eating other magical things. Like human energy ultimately comes through the food chain, from the sun, youkai's magical energy comes from natural magical energy absorbed through the food chain. Humans, being near the top of the food chain, tend to be quite high in magic. But most animals have quite a buildup through their lives.

> The Hell Fairy takes your place and gathers herself for a moment, before fireing several red orbs from her body.

> These orbs erupt into powerful red lasers. Even as these start to fade, more orbs are launched at different angles and fire. A relentless barrage.

> These lasers seem more powerful than yours, damageing the walls quite severely. One talisman breaks off the wall along with a chunk of rock and the barrier flickers a little.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #969 on: November 04, 2018, 11:49:54 PM »
> I didn't exactly mean power as in measurable magical energy but what makes us Youkai and what defines our potential?  Human beliefs related to darkness?  Or do we not know such things?
> "Hey everyone let's help Clownpiece, aim for the rock just outside the edge of the talismans"

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #970 on: November 04, 2018, 11:54:01 PM »
>Are we aware of how water expands when freezing?
>If so: "Cirno, can you make ice form in any cracks we make? It might help break up the wall more. "

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #971 on: November 05, 2018, 07:03:13 PM »
> I didn't exactly mean power as in measurable magical energy but what makes us Youkai and what defines our potential?  Human beliefs related to darkness?  Or do we not know such things?
> "Hey everyone let's help Clownpiece, aim for the rock just outside the edge of the talismans"

> You don't know.

> "I don't think everyone should shoot at once, we'd probobly end up canceling each other out." Daiyousei says. "Or even hit each other by accident due to it."

>Are we aware of how water expands when freezing?
>If so: "Cirno, can you make ice form in any cracks we make? It might help break up the wall more. "

> No, you are not aware. [Neither is Cirno; she's never noticed/paid attention/figured it out]

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #972 on: November 05, 2018, 10:08:40 PM »
> "Yeah, let's aim for spots that no one else it hitting, so we don't cancel our shots out"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #973 on: November 05, 2018, 10:37:09 PM »
> "Yeah, let's aim for spots that no one else it hitting, so we don't cancel our shots out"

> Those with a clear shot start shooting at various bits of the wall around the seal.

> One by one; the talismans around the barrier fall off, until when the last one falls, the first two layers of the barrier fade completely.

> At this point, the exposed fragments start to crackle with energy. In addition, from various, now-glowing talismans across the cave walls, Ying-Yang orbs spawn and start to fly across the cave, bouncing off surfaces.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #974 on: November 05, 2018, 10:56:45 PM »
// For a moment there when I saw Yin Yang orbs I thought Reimu is here, game over haha didn't realize it was from the talismans
> Cast demarcation around the spheres to trap them or stop them
> Shoot down the rest with lethal lasers but switch to danmaku if our shot is risky and might hit someone

> "Cirno, can you freeze the Yin Yang orbs with perfect freeze?"
> "Daiyousei try and shoot them down"
> When we have a chance, destroy any glowing talismans to prevent them from spawning

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #975 on: November 05, 2018, 11:58:54 PM »
// For a moment there when I saw Yin Yang orbs I thought Reimu is here, game over haha didn't realize it was from the talismans
> Cast demarcation around the spheres to trap them or stop them
> Shoot down the rest with lethal lasers but switch to danmaku if our shot is risky and might hit someone

> "Cirno, can you freeze the Yin Yang orbs with perfect freeze?"
> "Daiyousei try and shoot them down"
> When we have a chance, destroy any glowing talismans to prevent them from spawning

[NB: These aren't Ying-Yang orbs as in the enemy type. These are Hakurei Ying-Yang Orbs. As in the things Reimu shoots/hits. Very dangerous anti-youkai weapons.]

> The Ying-Yang Orb you attempt to stop movement of with a barrier spell shatters through it without even slowing. Not that surprising that they could smash through a barrier erected by a Youkai.

> It's risky to shoot, they're bouncing around erratically and everyone is evadeing.

> "I'll freeze you guys if you're near!" Cirno says.

> "Then how about everyone gets behind Cirno and she freezes an area?" Daiyousei suggests. "That might work."

> While the fairies are talking, you fire at one of the batches of glowing talismans. Nothing happens.

> There are currently 6 patches of glowing talismans, and 6 orbs. One from each glowing patch.

> Even Louise, who usually floats around in situations like this, is evadeing. You hear her mutter something about 'random patterns'.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2018, 12:00:55 AM by Raikaria »

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #976 on: November 06, 2018, 03:01:50 AM »
> "These are very dangerous anti-youkai orbs, don't get hit!"
> "Back up against a wall so you don't risk getting hit from behind"
> This includes us, we should get our back against a wall, facing the glowing talismans
> "Clownpiece aim for the glowing talismans!"
> Aim at one of the glowing talismans and fire as many simultaneous lasers as we can spawn at it

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #977 on: November 06, 2018, 04:22:07 PM »
> "These are very dangerous anti-youkai orbs, don't get hit!"
> "Back up against a wall so you don't risk getting hit from behind"
> This includes us, we should get our back against a wall, facing the glowing talismans
> "Clownpiece aim for the glowing talismans!"
> Aim at one of the glowing talismans and fire as many simultaneous lasers as we can spawn at it

> You and most of the others listen to your advice. The notable exceptions are Cirno; Clownpiece and Louise. Cirno just ignoring you and fighting her own way, Clownpiece apparently not caring, and Louise just moving as little as possible to dodge, with grace and a small smirk on her face, almost as if she's having fun.

> You and Clownpiece fire lasers at one of the patches of talismans. Clownpiece far out-firepowers your two lasers. But it does nothing to the patch of talismans.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #978 on: November 06, 2018, 08:10:51 PM »
> Cast demarcation on the talismans, aim to darken the glow they have
> Keep an eye on Louise, is she dodging based on the position of the orbs or does it look like she already "knows" their path?

> If that fails carefully go up to one and hover our hand over it, does it feel more dangerous to pull it now than what we felt before on the non-glowing talismans?
> If not rip it off and try and fight the pain

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #979 on: November 06, 2018, 10:46:31 PM »
> Cast demarcation on the talismans, aim to darken the glow they have
> Keep an eye on Louise, is she dodging based on the position of the orbs or does it look like she already "knows" their path?

> If that fails carefully go up to one and hover our hand over it, does it feel more dangerous to pull it now than what we felt before on the non-glowing talismans?
> If not rip it off and try and fight the pain

> You successfully manage to darken the glow of the talismans by using your Demarkation around a group. You are unsure if this had any actual effect.

> It's hard to tell; her movements are minimal. Although now you notice; she's moving her free; right hand around; making strange signs, and her lips are moving slightly.

> You approach one of the talismans you did not put a barrier around, and just by getting close you can tell that you do not want to touch them. You're not even sure if your hand would make it before being repulsed by the combined repulsive field of the massed talismans... or worse.

> A stream of icicles flies out of the corner of your eye, and you hear it hit something just behind you, before hearing a 'donk' off the ground nearby.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #980 on: November 06, 2018, 10:57:10 PM »
> Does the energy of the talismans feel anything like our ribbon?
> Turn around carefully and see what happened
> Try and tighten the darkness around the talismans by contracting the barrier

> Pay attention to the orbs and Louise while doing the following
> "Hey Louise what happened?"
> Say that in the most surprising way we can, our goal is to interrupt her / break her focus and see what happens

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #981 on: November 06, 2018, 11:22:08 PM »
> Does the energy of the talismans feel anything like our ribbon?
> Turn around carefully and see what happened
> Try and tighten the darkness around the talismans by contracting the barrier

> Pay attention to the orbs and Louise while doing the following
> "Hey Louise what happened?"
> Say that in the most surprising way we can, our goal is to interrupt her / break her focus and see what happens

> No, it feels like that time Reimu beat you up; but stronger.

> You turn around and see a Hakurei Orb bounceing away. It seems Cirno blasted it with ice.

> Louise completely ignores you, not even glancing your way. You can see flickering blue embers and magical trails following her fingers as they move.

> Mayina is looking at the female resident of Makai with what seems like horror.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #982 on: November 06, 2018, 11:27:26 PM »
> "Thanks Cirno!"
> Towards what direction is Louise facing, and more importantly who is in front of her
> Try and slide over towards Mayina, with our back to the wall and avoiding any orbs that come close
> Once near whisper "You look shocked, what's going on?"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #983 on: November 06, 2018, 11:32:33 PM »
> "Thanks Cirno!"
> Towards what direction is Louise facing, and more importantly who is in front of her
> Try and slide over towards Mayina, with our back to the wall and avoiding any orbs that come close
> Once near whisper "You look shocked, what's going on?"

> "No stinkin' Orb will stop me, I'm the strongest!" Cirno said; before ducking another Orb. It seems her and Clownpiece's size is helping a fair bit too. The two fairies almost seem to be competing [With Donita looking enviously from the side; unable to shoot orbs].

> Louise is facing the seal except for the occasional pirouette. No-one is inbetween her and it, except occasionally one of the two fairies.

> You circle the room towards Mayina [Who is notably on his own, near the tunnel leading out].

> "I...if she had fought me back then... I'd have been annihilated... I wouldn't have stood a chance..." he stammers. "She's preparing a spell that intricate... outside of Makai... and she's making it look effortless!"

> A violet magic circle is very slowly starting to glow under Louise, marked with runes unlike any you've seen before.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #984 on: November 06, 2018, 11:34:45 PM »
> Whisper "What is that spell?"
> Observe and watch out for orbs

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #985 on: November 06, 2018, 11:48:55 PM »
> Whisper "What is that spell?"
> Observe and watch out for orbs

> "I'm not certain, it's above anything I've seen." the daemon says. "Although looking at the runes... and the preparation time... it seems to be some kind of either Space-Time spell or Dimensional. The fact she can work such magic without the Maisma... if she'd have used an offensive spell should probobly could have effortlessly reduced me to ash."

> The daemon hesitates. "Unless she's specialised in support and utility magic. But even then, to work such a spell at all is considered the highest order of Thaumaturgy, the sort only Archmagi and Grand Daemons could dream of using... what kind of monster is she?"
« Last Edit: November 06, 2018, 11:53:08 PM by Raikaria »

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #986 on: November 06, 2018, 11:52:52 PM »
>Whisper: "So... you think she's some kind of high ranking demon?"
>Whisper: "By the way, I couldn't help but notice where you were in relation to everyone else. Is there any particular reason you're hanging back here around the exit? Don't worry, I won't judge you no matter what answer you give me, I'm not a Yama anyway."

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #987 on: November 06, 2018, 11:55:22 PM »
>Whisper: "So... you think she's some kind of high ranking demon?"
>Whisper: "By the way, I couldn't help but notice where you were in relation to everyone else. Is there any particular reason you're hanging back here around the exit? Don't worry, I won't judge you no matter what answer you give me, I'm not a Yama anyway."

[Answering questions luckily dosn't advance plot so I can quickly do so before going to sleep. Also feel free to keep working on solutions to the orbs or the barrier, because Louise's spell could be for the barrier, the orbs, or something else entirely. She's simply doing something.]

> "She must be... but she dosen't seem like one, Grand Daemons are usually very serious... her attitude simply dosen't fit one... neither does she seem like an Archmagus. Even them, such magic is incredibly rare, most of them focus on raw power."

> "More room to maneuver. Seeing as my portal was frozen and I don't know my way back, and I'm powerless currently, this passageway is my only way home as well." Mayina grumbles. "Running would just leave me powerless in a hostile world."
« Last Edit: November 06, 2018, 11:58:55 PM by Raikaria »

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #988 on: November 07, 2018, 12:19:41 AM »
> Whisper to Mayina "Do you know of any way we can assist Louise?  Some way to lend her more energy?"
> "Cirno can you try Perfect Freeze?  Everyone get away from Cirno so you don't get hit!  Also Cirno make sure Louise is out of range!"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #989 on: November 07, 2018, 03:52:27 PM »
> Whisper to Mayina "Do you know of any way we can assist Louise?  Some way to lend her more energy?"
> "Cirno can you try Perfect Freeze?  Everyone get away from Cirno so you don't get hit!  Also Cirno make sure Louise is out of range!"

> "Mixing in foreign energy would probobly disrupt the spell." the daemon explains flatly.

> It takes Cirno a few seconds to get an opening, but she manages to freeze one of the orbs into a pillar. However, this only lasts until another orb bounces into it and shatters the ice, breaking the orb free. Oddly; the freed orb dosen't stop and fall to the ground, but just keeps going where it left off.

> "I'm gonna have to freeze em all at once." Cirno says, "That's gonna be very hard unless they all end up in one place."

> Louise's fingers stop twisting through the air, and she suddenly stands still; hands raised a little bit from her sides; palms upwards. She's let go of her luggage as well.

> "You'll get your chance ice fairy. Everyone, go to the edges of the room, I need to fine this well to catch all of them." Louise says. You can see an aura of magic radiating off from Louise and the magic circle she is standing on, like a purple mist.

> Cirno and Clownpiece comply; while Louise makes the absolute minimum amount of movement required to dodge any orbs that come towards her.