Author Topic: Rumia Quest Revival - A New Beginning  (Read 134199 times)

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
Re: Rumia Quest Revival - A New Beginning
« Reply #930 on: November 02, 2018, 06:55:55 PM »
> "Awesome, it's coming apart!"
> "Lets help Clownpiece, whoever knows how to use lasers fire just outside the edge of the talismans, Louise you can help too"
> Take our usual arms stretched pose and fire lasers from each hand on talismans that Clownpiece has not reached yet or missed, be careful not to hit anyone

> "It is best that I conserve my magic." Louise says. "It may be needed to break the other seals."

> You launch two rays around the talismans. The angles you fire at don't hit anyone.

> Suddenly a stream of thin, blue lasers, siralling around, come from behind you as you hear "Karakasa's Surprising Flash!" Judgeing from the voice and the name of the spellcard, it seems Kogasa can use lasers as well.

> The three attacks together cause the layer of the cave wall with the talismans on it to crumble.

> The two layers of the barrier flicker and vanish.

> Two main things happen. Firstly; the broken... thing starts crackleing with dark energy between the fragments.

> Secondly; some of the talismans on the walls start to glow in groups, before Ying-Yang orbs materialize and start bouncing around the cave.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #931 on: November 02, 2018, 07:28:47 PM »
//Curse you email and not updating me!
>Hold everything
>Why are we destroying the seals.
>Recap of events since my last post

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #932 on: November 02, 2018, 07:49:00 PM »
//Curse you email and not updating me!
>Hold everything
>Why are we destroying the seals.
>Recap of events since my last post

> Louise said that destroying the seals is the only way to safely return Mayina to Makai without it being on his terms. [Thus removing issues such as search parties; angering Shinki or Mayina's boss getting what they wanted] She then removed a talisman herself but it harmed her.

> After you attempted to destroy one with lasers, Clownpiece [And later you and Kogasa] instead broke the rock around the talismans.

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #933 on: November 02, 2018, 07:51:40 PM »
//Okay, I have to ask why the rest of you started trying to tear down the seals without even questioning it? That was very reckless.

//Parser, can we please retcon to right before we started attacking the seals if we had majority playerbase agreement? My arguments being that instigating such actions without even questioning it going completely against Rumia's character as previously established through our actions, the action occurring recently enough for a retcon to be feasible (I wouldn't ask for one if it would delete a major section of plot), and the action being caused by the influence of a single player with no others involved.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2018, 08:02:16 PM by Evil_Nazgul0616 »

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #934 on: November 02, 2018, 07:58:36 PM »
// edit

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #935 on: November 02, 2018, 08:08:20 PM »
//Okay, I have to ask why the rest of you started trying to tear down the seals without even questioning it? That was very reckless.

//Parser, can we please retcon to right before we started attacking the seals if we had majority playerbase agreement? My arguments being that instigating such actions without even questioning it going completely against Rumia's character as previously established through our actions, the action occurring recently enough for a retcon to be feasible (I wouldn't ask for one if it would delete a major section of plot), and the action being caused by the influence of a single player with no others involved.

// If there's agreement to re-think it; sure. Especially as Rumia herself didn't do much except stand aside and let Piece do a thing. [About 90% of the damage was done by her barrages of lasers]

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #936 on: November 02, 2018, 08:14:50 PM »
//Thanks, Raikaria.

//Tom, would you mind a retcon? If I actually knew this was updating I would've liked to question Louise before we actually started tearing things down. Besides, not much plot advancement happened since then, so we wouldn't really lose anything if we did retcon.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #937 on: November 02, 2018, 08:35:12 PM »
// I'm okay with it
// Does Rumia actually not know why we are doing this?
// I thought it was known about getting Mayina and Donita back but I could have mistaken some out-of-character knowledge for in-character knowledge

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #938 on: November 02, 2018, 08:42:35 PM »
// I'm okay with it
// Does Rumia actually not know why we are doing this?
// I thought it was known about getting Mayina and Donita back but I could have mistaken some out-of-character knowledge for in-character knowledge
//Cool

//Louise said that if we torn down the seals it would mean we could bring those two back on our own terms, but we don't know exactly why, i,e what the seals are sealing.

//as things currently played out, we basically heard what Louise said and then started blindly messing with the seals without any form of elaboration. I mean, it must be sealed for a reason, right?

//Anyway going to be driving for a bit, will be back in about two hours or so

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #939 on: November 02, 2018, 08:44:37 PM »
> Rumia is aware; since Louise said as such upon reaching the cave, before she attempted to remove a talisman, although she did mention before reaching the cave 'If it is what I think it is; we can solve our issue with those two'.

> She didn't know until Louise did this; since Louise wanted to investigate.

//Cool

//Louise said that if we torn down the seals it would mean we could bring those two back on our own terms, but we don't know exactly why, i,e what the seals are sealing.

//as things currently played out, we basically heard what Louise said and then started blindly messing with the seals without any form of elaboration. I mean, it must be sealed for a reason, right?

//Anyway going to be driving for a bit, will be back in about two hours or so

> I can confirm. It is sealed for a reason. The exact reason however, or even exactly what is being sealed. I'm not at liberty to answer that.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #940 on: November 02, 2018, 09:03:04 PM »
// So we're back to the scene where Louise tears off a talisman?

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #941 on: November 02, 2018, 09:38:23 PM »
// So we're back to the scene where Louise tears off a talisman?

// Yes

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #942 on: November 02, 2018, 09:51:12 PM »
> "That ... looked like it hurt"
> "What is behind these seals anyways?  Wouldn't Reimu have sealed it for a reason?"

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #943 on: November 03, 2018, 03:53:55 AM »
//The reason I haven't posted anything is because Tom basically said the gist of what I was going to post. So please don't be waiting for me if you are  :P

//Also sorry for taking so long to post an acknowledgement

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #944 on: November 03, 2018, 08:27:45 AM »
> "That ... looked like it hurt"
> "What is behind these seals anyways?  Wouldn't Reimu have sealed it for a reason?"

> "These talismans are designed to prevent tampering by non-humans." Louise hisses. "They're specifically anti-daemon."

> "Genmukai. A tunnel between Gensokyo and Makai. By using it we can return those two to Makai without it being on his terms. I can take him to the appropriate authorities. Then we can take care of this incident from our side. Lady Shinki dosen't take sides or get involved in such affairs, but Lady Yumeko will."

//The reason I haven't posted anything is because Tom basically said the gist of what I was going to post. So please don't be waiting for me if you are  :P

//Also sorry for taking so long to post an acknowledgement

// I was sleeping~

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #945 on: November 03, 2018, 03:03:54 PM »
>"It'll be risky to open this too, wouldn't it? If we unsealed it, wouldn't it give the bad guys a clear passage to Gensokyo without obstructions?"

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #946 on: November 03, 2018, 03:25:53 PM »
> "Would they be less harmful to me?  I'm the most human based youkai"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #947 on: November 03, 2018, 08:37:09 PM »
>"It'll be risky to open this too, wouldn't it? If we unsealed it, wouldn't it give the bad guys a clear passage to Gensokyo without obstructions?"

> "It can be guarded from our end." Louise states.

> "Would they be less harmful to me?  I'm the most human based youkai"

> You're still a youkai; it would be no less worse for you than any other youkai." Mystia says. "Reimu's stuff hurts us all just as bad."

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #948 on: November 03, 2018, 08:45:06 PM »
>"But what if they decide to send a large group through? We wouldn't be able to defend it without being overwhelmed in that case. Besides, wouldn't anything that comes through there have the advantage thanks to having a steady supply of energy behind them?"

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #949 on: November 03, 2018, 08:46:26 PM »
> "Also do we know a way to block it off again it after we are done?"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #950 on: November 03, 2018, 09:36:00 PM »
>"But what if they decide to send a large group through? We wouldn't be able to defend it without being overwhelmed in that case. Besides, wouldn't anything that comes through there have the advantage thanks to having a steady supply of energy behind them?"

> Louise sighs.

> "You have no idea how terrifying Lady Yumeko can be. If she sees fit she will take action herself. Just the sight of her standing guard over Genmukai should ward off anyone who wishes to enter."

> "Also do we know a way to block it off again it after we are done?"

> "This passage was originally open, that is it's natural state. I'm sure if need be it can be re-sealed however from either side, or both. Using the natural passageway is far more preferable than adding another hole in your Hakurei Barrier." Louise states.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #951 on: November 03, 2018, 10:33:00 PM »
> "If it stays open we would still need some kind of permanent border patrol though, we can't have just anyone walking through here"
> "Especially since you all don't seem to use the Spell Card Rules that we do"

// Also can we have a relationships/titles update?  We now have heard of Yumeko and met Auun a while back

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #952 on: November 04, 2018, 09:59:12 AM »
> "If it stays open we would still need some kind of permanent border patrol though, we can't have just anyone walking through here"
> "Especially since you all don't seem to use the Spell Card Rules that we do"

// Also can we have a relationships/titles update?  We now have heard of Yumeko and met Auun a while back

> "As I said; that can be handled from our side." Louise states. "Lady Yumeko is the strongest being in Makai besides Lady Shinki herself. An entire army of lesser daemons couldn't land a scratch on her. Even if Yumeko dosen't personally guard it, there's other terrifyingly powerful beings in Makai."

> "Which is precisely why no-one would even approach if someone like Yumeko protected that passageway. It would be certain death. There is a treaty between Gensokyo and Makai, Lady Shinki would honor it." Louise explains. "What's the larger risk, a certainty that someone breaks through the barrier that sustains your world to look for him? Or someone stronger is sent to do his job since he dosen't return? That he returns through his portal and gives the information about that puppeteer to his master and they come for her? That he never returns and risk making enemies of Lady Shinki herself because she thinks the beings of Gensokyo killed one of her creations?"

> By this point, Louise's hand is starting to recover, small blue blames coming from it as it heals.

> "We don't have time to waste, who knows how long that prank will keep that Auun away?"

// [Auun was already added]

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #953 on: November 04, 2018, 05:24:29 PM »
// To other players: Have anything else you want to ask?  I think we should proceed and destroy the barrier

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #954 on: November 04, 2018, 05:50:21 PM »
>"What do the rest of you think? Should we tear down this seal?"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #955 on: November 04, 2018, 07:10:23 PM »
>"What do the rest of you think? Should we tear down this seal?"

> Most of the youkai present agree, but Wriggle hesitates, looking a little worried.

> Uh, Miss Louise, can I ask a question?" Wriggle asks.

> Louise looks at Wriggle, the smile on her face larger than usual. "Yes?"

> "You... were interested in this cave back at the Youkai Mountain... before we bumped into Donitia and Mayina... but you keep saying your reason for being here is them."

> "Well; as I stated originally, my interest in this site was the Makai energy I could feel around it." Louise responds.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #956 on: November 04, 2018, 07:34:09 PM »
> "You could feel the energy from inside a sealed passageway from all the way up Youkai Mountain?"
> That's some skill...

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #957 on: November 04, 2018, 09:14:57 PM »
> "You could feel the energy from inside a sealed passageway from all the way up Youkai Mountain?"
> That's some skill...

> "Those spectacles I used are good at detecting powerful maisma. They are an enchanted item In a world with so little; any maisma stands out like a sore thumb." Louise explains.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #958 on: November 04, 2018, 09:31:20 PM »
// Well Louise has done a damn good job at convincing us to proceed, any objections by other players?

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #959 on: November 04, 2018, 10:06:09 PM »
>"Well then, if all are in favor..."
>Reach for a talisman
>"Reimu's gonna kill us if she finds out.."
>Deep breath
>Attempt to tear it off as fast as possible.

>Abort the above if a party member objects.