Author Topic: Rumia Quest Revival - A New Beginning  (Read 132500 times)

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
Re: Rumia Quest Revival - A New Beginning
« Reply #120 on: July 16, 2018, 10:27:12 PM »
>"Is that so? Why is my name interesting"
>Discreetly check on Kogasa

> "It sounds like someone told of in folk tales where I come from. But I won't bore you with the details of a myth from another dimension." Louise says calmly. "And besides; names mean different things from region to region; let alone dimensions. For all I know Louise means Queen of Cupcakes here."

> Kogasa seems to be looking towards the Myouren Graveyard.

> Louise then turns a little to look towards the Temple herself.

> "Were you heading for that landmark? Strange... I've never seen a building quite like that, yet it feels familiar somehow. I wouldn't mind seeing it myself, after all, I came here to see the sights."

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #121 on: July 16, 2018, 11:06:47 PM »
>"Aw, I was interested in hearing it... anyway,  yeah, we're heading there to help distribute a warning around Gensokyo. Apparently some mysterious figure is going around attacking people. Want to help us? You could sightsee at the same time. "
« Last Edit: July 16, 2018, 11:09:46 PM by Evil_Nazgul0616 »

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #122 on: July 16, 2018, 11:10:08 PM »
//edited to fix potentially confusing autocorrect induced typos

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #123 on: July 17, 2018, 12:10:16 PM »
// Does Rumia exist in PC-98 canon? I don't know it that well

> Continue on our way to the Myouren Temple

> Whisper to Kogasa "Want to try the darkness bubble surprise trick once we get there?"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #124 on: July 17, 2018, 06:16:06 PM »
>"Aw, I was interested in hearing it... anyway,  yeah, we're heading there to help distribute a warning around Gensokyo. Apparently some mysterious figure is going around attacking people. Want to help us? You could sightsee at the same time. "

> "Mysterious figures attacking people? That's horrible." Louise says. "I suppose if things are dangerous I should at least tag along with you all for my own protection! Safety in numbers."

// Does Rumia exist in PC-98 canon? I don't know it that well

> Continue on our way to the Myouren Temple

> Whisper to Kogasa "Want to try the darkness bubble surprise trick once we get there?"

(No, Rumia is EoSD. She's the first Touhou boss that uses the Spellcard rules)

> You continue towards Myouren, flying downards as you approach.

> Kogasa thinks. "Maybe, especially if we see the Tiger. She's often distracted looking for something."

> As you approach closer to the Temple; you suddenly hear an unfamiliar cry behind you. It is clearly pain.

> "Guys!" Daiyousei yells; having been bringing up the rear of the group; lagging behind cautiously as she had never been to Myouren before. "Something's happening to Louise!"

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #125 on: July 18, 2018, 06:10:39 AM »
>Double back. Now!
>"H-Hey, what's wrong, Louise!?"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #127 on: July 18, 2018, 09:20:10 PM »
> Did Louise not follow us?

> She clearly attempted to

>Double back. Now!
>"H-Hey, what's wrong, Louise!?"

> Louise is clutching her hands; steam coming off them, a pained expression on her face.

> "There is a barrier around this place. One unsuitiable for those of my kind." she said through clenched teeth. "It appears the head monk dosen't want certain visitors..."

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #128 on: July 18, 2018, 09:22:48 PM »
>"Yikes! I-I mean you mean no harm, right? Maybe we can convince them to let you in."
>Examine her hands.
>"You okay? That looks very painful..."

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #129 on: July 19, 2018, 10:47:08 AM »
> "How come we can go through fine?"
> Examine the area around Louise, see if we feel anything if we move through it

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #130 on: July 19, 2018, 07:18:10 PM »
>"Yikes! I-I mean you mean no harm, right? Maybe we can convince them to let you in."
>Examine her hands.
>"You okay? That looks very painful..."

> "Perhaps..." Louise says.

> Louise's hands look sore. As if she touched something hot.

> "It was a lot of smoke and magical pain; but the physical pain wasn't actually as bad as it looked." the demon says.

> "How come we can go through fine?"
> Examine the area around Louise, see if we feel anything if we move through it

> "I'm not like you all." Louise says. "It was difficult enough for me to even get into this dimension."

> You move through the barrier with no resistance; although you do feel your ribbon wiggle a small amount for the briefest moment.

> Kogasa; Wriggle; Mystia; Daiyousei and Cirno all pass onwards with no issue at all.

> Louise thinks, and then a suitcase appears from thin air as she snaps her fingers. She opens it and brings out what looks like a mirror... with wings.

> "Well; I suppose if I can't personally cross into the Temple; it's worth seeing if my familiar can." Louise says.

> The mirror flies towards you successfully; the animated object not having the same issues that the demon did.

> "It's a Magic Mirror. I can use it to see from. If you guys keep it with you; I can see the Temple without having to cross the barrier. These sort of things are common in Makai. It's common for residents of Makai to bring objects to life as familiars~"

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #131 on: July 19, 2018, 08:16:50 PM »
> "That's so cool!  Can we make one?  Is it like danmaku familiars?"
> Try flying through the barrier again focusing on the ribbon more this time, see if we can "sense" through the ribbon

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #132 on: July 19, 2018, 09:54:54 PM »
> "That's so cool!  Can we make one?  Is it like danmaku familiars?"
> Try flying through the barrier again focusing on the ribbon more this time, see if we can "sense" through the ribbon

> "Rumia; you know my familiars are just Fireflies." Wriggle says.

> "And mine are just some sparrows." Mystia adds. "It's entirely different to making a mirror come to life. Although I do wonder if Louise could use danmaku through it like we can with our familiars."

> "Louise probobly dosen't know what danmaku is." Daiyousei says. "She's from a different dimension..."

> Meanwhile; Cirno forms a sphere of ice in front of her; and yells 'AHAH! I CAN DO IT TOO!' moments before the ice-sphere just falls to the ground.

> You fly back and forth between the barrier. Every time; the ribbon just ruffles a little. You only notice because it moves the hair it's attached to a bit. You can't feel things through the ribbon. It's not part of you. Kogasa copies you as you fly back and forth. The mirror familiar waits flapping in the air inside the barrier.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #133 on: July 19, 2018, 09:57:00 PM »
>"It's reacting to my ribbon... weird..."

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #134 on: July 19, 2018, 10:52:47 PM »
> Try and get as close as possible to where the interaction happens, so that the ribbon is exactly on it or in between it and see what happens.
> Make a mental note of this and keep it in mind, it's a useful tool for feeling borders

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #135 on: July 20, 2018, 06:41:36 PM »
>"It's reacting to my ribbon... weird..."

> "I can't see anything happening." Wriggle responds.

> Try and get as close as possible to where the interaction happens, so that the ribbon is exactly on it or in between it and see what happens.
> Make a mental note of this and keep it in mind, it's a useful tool for feeling borders

> You stop as the ribbon starts to rustle. Nothing happens. It just stops. It wiggles again when you finish moving. It seems to only react as it is moving through a barrier.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #136 on: July 20, 2018, 07:54:43 PM »
>"It moves when it passes through the barrier..."

>"Oh, miss Louise. Can we talk to you through the mirror or is it just for seeing?"

>Check if everyone in the party (Team 9 + Kogasa + Louise) is accounted for.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #137 on: July 20, 2018, 09:16:36 PM »
> "I guess we should head in and ask the monk about letting you in"
> Head in with our group after accounting for our party
> Before heading in hold on to the mirror and pass through the barrier, seeing if it also interacts in a similar way.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #138 on: July 20, 2018, 10:07:43 PM »
>"It moves when it passes through the barrier..."

>"Oh, miss Louise. Can we talk to you through the mirror or is it just for seeing?"

>Check if everyone in the party (Team 9 + Kogasa + Louise) is accounted for.

> "Maybe it just gets stuck on the barrier?" Mystia asks.

> "I can hear, it's a magic mirror after all. I can't talk however. Mirrors don't have mouths; after all." Louise says.

> "But Mirrrors don't have ears either." Wriggle counteracts.

> "You... don't know how sound works do you?" Louise responds in a deadpan tone.

> Everyone is accounted for on the temple side of the barrier; except Louise.

> "I guess we should head in and ask the monk about letting you in"
> Head in with our group after accounting for our party
> Before heading in hold on to the mirror and pass through the barrier, seeing if it also interacts in a similar way.

> "Please do; and if she won't; at least look around so I can see a Temple of this dimension~" Louise says.

> The mirror was already brought inside the barrier and nothing happened when you brought it through. Still; you grab hold of it.

> You all start heading towards the Temple. As you approach the temple proper; a figure yells up towards you with a loud voice.

> "Yahoo! Mysti!"

> There is a yamabiko waving a broom around happily.

> Mystia immediately yells back "Kyouko!" and starts flying down towards the youkai.

> Kyouko Kasodani
> Gensokyo's Booming Voice

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #139 on: July 20, 2018, 10:15:33 PM »
>Even Kogasa?
>What do we know of Mystia and Kyouko's relationship. Are they only bandmates?
>Have we ever been to one of their concerts?
>>If so, do we enjoy the music?

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #140 on: July 20, 2018, 10:58:47 PM »
>Even Kogasa?
>What do we know of Mystia and Kyouko's relationship. Are they only bandmates?
>Have we ever been to one of their concerts?
>>If so, do we enjoy the music?

> Even Kogasa; who keeps looking over to the Graveyard.

> Kyouko and Mystia are great friends; both with a passion for making loud; vocal noises. Together they're known as the loudest in Gensokyo. You have heard Mystia complain that Kyouko's boss dosen't approve of her however. You don't really know Kyouko that well however. You've actually never been here before. The whole religion thing never interested you much.

> Yes; although you don't particularly like the music. It's a bit too loud for your tastes. That said; your tastes are dark; quiet nights. Still; while the music [Or; more precisely; screaming and shouting, if there's actual instrumentals depends if anyone actually joined in to provide them] may not be to your tastes; it's still a pretty fun environment.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 11:01:11 PM by Raikaria »

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #141 on: July 21, 2018, 09:18:31 PM »
> What kind of music do we like?  Any musicians in particular?
> "Hey do you know where we can find the temple monk?  We have news for them and also we wanted to ask them about some issues we had with a barrier thingy around the temple"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #142 on: July 21, 2018, 10:42:45 PM »
> What kind of music do we like?  Any musicians in particular?
> "Hey do you know where we can find the temple monk?  We have news for them and also we wanted to ask them about some issues we had with a barrier thingy around the temple"

> You are a youkai who lives in a forest. You don't really do music in general. There's some nameless youkai who use simple woodwind instruments they made for amusement that aren't bad.

> Kyouko looks at you; a little confused.

> "I've not seen you before.... but you have that dark aura around you, you guys must be those friends that Mysti's spoken about before..."

> Kyouko taps the top of her broom against her head; thinking as she speaks.

> "Hijiri told me not to let anyone into the Temple right now... but if you guys are Mysti's pals you can't be bad. But Lady Hijiri dosen't like Mysti so she really wouldn't be happy... who do I help... I'M CONFUSED!"

> Kyouko yells the last few words loudly enough to make your ears ring.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #143 on: July 21, 2018, 11:29:37 PM »
>"Maybe if you can't bring us in, you can bring whoever's in charge out to meet us?"

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #144 on: July 22, 2018, 07:39:27 AM »
> "We have something really important to give her, its from Reimu"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #145 on: July 22, 2018, 07:48:12 AM »
>"Maybe if you can't bring us in, you can bring whoever's in charge out to meet us?"

> "No no no; she's busy! Besides; no-one can go in. That includes me!" Kyouko says. "Lady Hijiri said something about needing to focus her magic due to the incident..."

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #146 on: July 22, 2018, 09:32:54 AM »
> "But we have something important from Reimu and it's related to the incident"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #147 on: July 22, 2018, 07:55:27 PM »
> "But we have something important from Reimu and it's related to the incident"

> "She said not to let anyone in. Especially Reimu." Kyouko says. "Besides; I don't even have a key. I can't open the temple even if I was allowed!"

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #148 on: July 22, 2018, 10:42:33 PM »
> Huh why especially Reimu?
> "Oh well, can you at least give her this?"
> Give Kyouko the notice
> "Try sliding it under the door"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #149 on: July 23, 2018, 09:10:42 PM »
> Huh why especially Reimu?
> "Oh well, can you at least give her this?"
> Give Kyouko the notice
> "Try sliding it under the door"

> You are unsure

> Kyouko reads the notice; and then nods.

> "No-one said anything about sliding a notice under a door." she says.