Author Topic: MikiTale - After The End (PMMM)  (Read 59681 times)

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
Re: MikiTale - After The End (PMMM)
« Reply #180 on: May 07, 2018, 05:16:10 AM »
>"Hey! You're just gonna drag me back in time a month, and then leave?! Even if it wasn't on purpose... didn't we just witness the apocalypse or something?!"
>"Actually, it's more of the start of the apocalypse if anything... If you remember what Kyubey said then, you technically had ten days to stop it."
>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #181 on: May 07, 2018, 05:34:36 AM »
>"Technically... but Kyubey sounded like he wasn't even going to bother contracting anyone to fight it! That two-faced little..."
>...sigh. "You took us back a month so that you could stop it from ever happening, didn't you? Because it was already too late."
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #182 on: May 07, 2018, 05:57:19 AM »
>"Technically... but Kyubey sounded like he wasn't even going to bother contracting anyone to fight it! That two-faced little..."
>...sigh. "You took us back a month so that you could stop it from ever happening, didn't you? Because it was already too late."
>"In a way..." Homura replies, "That specific witch only appears when I fail. If Walpurgisnacht is successfully destroyed this loop, then--"

>The world suddenly shifts around the two of you, the dark construction area being replaced with a bizarre landscape. A crowd of familiar looking cotton balls with mustaches on stick people bodies begins to gather around both of you.

>Homura frowns, "...This witch always shows up at the most inconvenient times..."
>_

« Reply #183 on: May 08, 2018, 11:03:13 PM »
>"Well, if it's really that problematic, couldn't you deal with it beforehand too?"
>Return the soul gem to its actual form.
>Transform.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #184 on: May 09, 2018, 02:03:20 AM »
>"Well, if it's really that problematic, couldn't you deal with it beforehand too?"
>Return the soul gem to its actual form.
>Transform.
>You transform.
>"I could, and have done it before. Though most loops I choose not to. Killing most of the witches we encounter ahead of time tends not to matter in the long run when Walpurgisnacht is concerned."
>The familiars begin closing in.
>_

« Reply #185 on: May 10, 2018, 03:11:30 AM »
>"Oh. So you couldn't be bothered to? Then why are you even complaining?!"
>Summon our weapon.
>Rush toward a nearest familiar and slash it.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #186 on: May 10, 2018, 03:29:03 AM »
>"Oh. So you couldn't be bothered to? Then why are you even complaining?!"
>Summon our weapon.
>Rush toward a nearest familiar and slash it.
>"It was an observation, not a complaint." Homura draws a pistol from her shield and takes aim.

>You summon a cutlass and run straight at the nearest familiar.

(Sayaka vs Familiar)
[12 vs 100]
//On the first roll of the game? Really.
>You put a bit too much effort into your swing as you try to attack the familiar, which stumbles you. It's enough to throw off your aim, which, combined with the familiar's sidestepping, causes your attack to miss completely!
>The familiar takes the opportunity to promptly stab a pair of scissors deep into your side before backing away a bit.
>_

« Last Edit: May 10, 2018, 06:39:31 AM by Evil_Nazgul0616 »

« Reply #187 on: May 11, 2018, 05:29:49 AM »
//...Uh... Brief number explanation?

>"Ngh..."
>Take a step or two back.
>Heal off the wound.
>Quickly throw a glance around. If there's other familiars closing in on us, switch targets to the one that's closest, otherwise go for the same one.
>Then try again, except this time approach it a bit slower.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #188 on: May 11, 2018, 06:36:11 AM »
//...Uh... Brief number explanation?
//Combat will involve two d100s (and modifiers), one of offense, one for defense, to both make things more interesting and to increase difficulty. I will show rolls involving you so that if you die in combat you have evidence as to why and have no reason to accuse me of cruelty. The rolls of other NPCs (for instance, Homura) will be hidden.

//Modifiers to a single roll may be occasionally granted based on the action performed and/or the situation you are in. More permanent modifiers may be acquired through other means. :P

//If you were talking about this roll in particular, well... the RNG was a bit cruel and you rolled a 12 on offense and the enemy got a 100 on defense... As a general rule of thumb a 100 from a familiar usually won't instantly kill you unless it was an offensive roll and by some cruel twist of fate you rolled a 1 on defense.

//Note that if this system is going to be unpopular to the point where it makes everyone leave, I'll remove it... I honestly didn't expect an immediate negative reaction...  :ohdear:

>"Ngh..."
>Take a step or two back.
>Heal off the wound.
>Quickly throw a glance around. If there's other familiars closing in on us, switch targets to the one that's closest, otherwise go for the same one.
>Then try again, except this time approach it a bit slower.
>You step away from the familiar and heal your wound. You feel the scissors push themselves out of your flesh and clatter to the ground below.
>You glance around. Homura is already firing at a few of the familiars, quickly dispatching two of them.
>There are a few closing in on you, but the one next to you is still the closest.

>You try again, a bit slower this time...

(Sayaka vs Familiar)
[67 vs 43]

>...cleanly slashing it in two.
>Two more are approaching quickly. One of them lunges at you with scissors ready.
>_

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
  • Everything will be daijoubu... hopefully
« Reply #189 on: May 11, 2018, 07:22:51 AM »
//Modifiers, oh my. Sorta makes me want to do more if I wasn't hindered by thinking I don't know a lot about meguca...

« Reply #190 on: May 11, 2018, 08:58:18 PM »
//Honestly, I don't really mind the dice roll combat. It's just that it kinda came out of nowhere, so I was a bit confused there...

>If the other approaching familiar is to the right of the attacking one (from our point of view), jump to the left; if not, to the right.
>Counterattack if we can, then take one step away from the familiars.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #191 on: May 11, 2018, 10:13:32 PM »
//Honestly, I don't really mind the dice roll combat. It's just that it kinda came out of nowhere, so I was a bit confused there...

>If the other approaching familiar is to the right of the attacking one (from our point of view), jump to the left; if not, to the right.
>Counterattack if we can, then take one step away from the familiars.
>You jump to the right.

(Familiar vs Sayaka)
[ 57 vs 36 ]

>A pair of the familiar's scissors catch you in the arm as you jump and begin clamping down. You hastily counterattack as this happens...

(Sayaka vs Familiar)
[ 92 vs 18 ]

>...And slam your cutlass into the familiar's head, killing it.
>The third familiar closes in as you take a step back, your left arm hurts a bit.
>_

« Reply #192 on: May 11, 2018, 10:57:35 PM »
>Block off the pain in the arm for a bit...
>...Then move towards the familiar and swing away.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #193 on: May 12, 2018, 12:24:42 AM »
>Block off the pain in the arm for a bit...
>...Then move towards the familiar and swing away.
>You ignore the pain and swing.

(Sayaka vs Familiar)
[ 89 vs 81 ]

>The familiar tries to leap out of the way but you're faster. You deal it a serious injury, but it isn't quite down for the count yet.
>_

« Reply #194 on: May 12, 2018, 07:13:01 AM »
>While it's hopefully reeling from the strike, move in for the kill.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #195 on: May 12, 2018, 07:34:22 AM »
>While it's hopefully reeling from the strike, move in for the kill.
(Sayaka vs Familiar)
[ 26 vs 94 ]

>The familiar recovers quickly and dodges your attack, but due to its injuries it's unable to fight back.

>The crippled familiar begins to retreat as you notice 3 more coming to aid it.
>Two of them drop to the ground to the sound of Homura's gunfire.

>_

« Reply #196 on: May 13, 2018, 06:37:07 AM »
>Take a second to evaluate our left arm wound.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #197 on: May 13, 2018, 06:38:55 AM »
>Take a second to evaluate our left arm wound.
>You briefly examine your injury.
>You have two deep gashes on opposite sides of your left forearm, the cuts seem to go all the way down to the bone...
>_

« Reply #198 on: May 13, 2018, 06:58:23 AM »
>Okay, this is pretty serious... Heal away.
>Then shift attention back to the familiars. Is that remaining one still approaching? Any others?

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #199 on: May 13, 2018, 07:15:47 AM »
>Okay, this is pretty serious... Heal away.
>Then shift attention back to the familiars. Is that remaining one still approaching? Any others?
>You heal your lacerations
>There is still a familiar approaching.
>_

« Reply #200 on: May 13, 2018, 07:31:03 AM »
>Move in and strike before it does.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #201 on: May 13, 2018, 07:53:56 AM »
>Move in and strike before it does.
(Sayaka vs Familiar)
[61 vs 64]
>It dodges to the left as you swipe. Your blade grazes it, but it's not enough to inflict any major damage.

>It draws two pairs of scissors and lunges at you, aiming for your upper body.
>_

« Reply #202 on: May 13, 2018, 10:26:42 PM »
>Try to have the scissors pass above us by crouching down.
>Then retaliate by attempting to slice through the familiar's lower half.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #203 on: May 14, 2018, 12:04:00 AM »
>Try to have the scissors pass above us by crouching down.
>Then retaliate by attempting to slice through the familiar's lower half.
(Familiar vs Sayaka)
[ 81 vs 59 ]

>You crouch but one of the scissors catches you in the right shoulder.

(Sayaka vs Familiar)
[ 19 vs 53 ]

>You attempt to counterattack, only for the familiar to parry your blow with the other pair of scissors.
>_

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #204 on: May 17, 2018, 03:45:17 AM »
>How are we looking so far? Is our damage compared to the situation and number of enemies fine, or a worry?

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #205 on: May 17, 2018, 03:47:34 AM »
>How are we looking so far? Is our damage compared to the situation and number of enemies fine, or a worry?
>Your right shoulder hurts. The familiar you're currently fighting seems to be the last one that's near you.
>_

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #206 on: May 20, 2018, 05:45:21 AM »
> Attack once more.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #207 on: May 20, 2018, 05:52:44 AM »
> Attack once more.
(Sayaka vs Familiar)
[ 52 vs 23 ]

>You attack again. Managing to cut the familiar in two.

>You seem to be in a lull, as there seem to be no more familiars in the area.
>_

« Reply #208 on: May 20, 2018, 07:35:44 PM »
>"Whew..."
>Pull the scissors out of our right shoulder and heal away.
>Stand up and look around. Aside from the lack of familiars, is there anything else that stands out? Anything or anyone approaching or trying to get away? What is Homura doing?

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #209 on: May 21, 2018, 04:09:12 AM »
>"Whew..."
>Pull the scissors out of our right shoulder and heal away.
>Stand up and look around. Aside from the lack of familiars, is there anything else that stands out? Anything or anyone approaching or trying to get away? What is Homura doing?
>You pull out the scissors and heal.

>You look around. It seems that Homura has killed the bulk of the familiars. The barrier around you remains unchanged.
>"This witch tends to escape soon after Mami Tomoe arrives." Homura speaks, "She should be entering the outer edge of the barrier right around now. If you wish to hunt this witch for its grief seed, which, considering the state of your soul gem right now, I'd highly recommend, then you have about two minutes to move deeper into the barrier. Otherwise, you can simply stay here."
>_